Jennifer Lopez Covers Harper’s Bazaar / Readies New Album

jennifer lopez hapers bazaar 2013 e1357227802702 Jennifer Lopez Covers Harpers Bazaar / Readies New Album

There is no stopping Jennifer Lopez!

Fresh from wrapping a successful world tour, the 43 year old diva is already gearing up for a return to the charts. And so as to kick off her “comeback”, the Lopez features on the February 2013 cover of Harper’s Bazaar.

Taking to Twitter on New Year’s Eve, the stage blazer declared that the year is hers, beaming with excitement about “#Album10″ – which hitmaker RedOne has confirmed he is working on.

As such, the stunning feature sets the wheels in motion for what should be an interesting “era” for the singer. For, despite “winning” on more fronts than losing in recent years (see: the millions wracked up via touring, endorsement deals, and American Idol), the fact remains that her albums and singles (sans ‘On The Floor’ and ‘Dance Again’) haven’t performed well since the mid 00′s.

Will this project right those “wrong” or will it take the Madonna approach and merely be used as a vehicle to mobilize the brand (touring, endorsements, media opps)? Time will tell.

In the meanwhile, peep more pics and quotes below…

jennifer lopez hapers bazaar 2013 2 e1357229323815 Jennifer Lopez Covers Harpers Bazaar / Readies New Album
jennifer lopez hapers bazaar 2013 3 e1357229399915 Jennifer Lopez Covers Harpers Bazaar / Readies New Album
jennifer lopez hapers bazaar 2013 4 e1357229470832 Jennifer Lopez Covers Harpers Bazaar / Readies New Album
jennifer lopez hapers bazaar 2013 1 e1357229551652 Jennifer Lopez Covers Harpers Bazaar / Readies New Album

On her fast life:

“I like the whole idea of traveling, of looking good, and doing it well. I make it as simple and as beautiful as I can because my life is kind of big. So I pack my luggage, or dress myself, or comb my kids’ hair, pick up their clothes—that makes our life beautiful, you know? There’s something very elegant in that.”

On Feeling Young:

“When I turned 40, I was like, huh. I accept myself more now. It was much more comforting. That’s when I became the person that I am. Even though I didn’t realize the whole journey I would go on, I still feel all that youthfulness. (I characterize my mental age as “16 to 18)”

On Her Best & Worst:

“The worst is when I’m tired. It’s the overworking, which I’ve learned to say no to. I’m not my best self. I’m at my best, I think, when I’m giving love. I feel my best, I am my best, I need my best.”

Photo credit: Harper’s Bazaar / Katjia Rawles

• January 3, 2013 at 11:30 am
    JER says:

Grrrl… J.Ho you were lucky to have “On the Floor” smash in these twilight years of your career. No one is checking for you!

Fierce p**** Replied:

She was lucky actually.

• January 3, 2013 at 11:34 am
    McFlurry says:

She’d have to go back to her “Jenny From The Block” days if she ever wants to be successful, musically again. She’s not on anyone’s radar anymore. Sorry babe!

IDK Replied:

Right! I really do hope she goes back to those days. #Good ole datz.

Touché Replied:

Agreed.

• January 3, 2013 at 11:36 am
    Monstarebel says:

J.lo is so pretty….I hope the new album is fire especially if she plans on releasing it this year she got major competition

AWWW BEYONCES IDOL IS SO GORGEOUS!!! I LOVE JLO!!!

J HO Replied:

Beyonce’s idol? GTFOH This ho can’t sing and hasn’t been relevant in 10 years. She looks like s*** in all these pics! NEXT!

Monstarebel Replied:

lol…..beyonce could never look this flawless at 40…

Let's Be Real Replied:

Please…weve all seen Beyonce and J.Lo without makeup and J.Lo isn’t touching Beyonce and never has.Without makeup Jenny is very basic looking.

You Wanna Bey Me Replied:

Neither can jlo, that’s all computer generated Hun. Nice try tho. Jlo is hella basic without makeup , calm down peole

Rachel Replied:

Have you seen Jenny w/o make up? Haha! Bey wins

King B>Rihanna(My Hair is Layed like Beyonce's Haters Loose p****) Replied:

You tried it Beyonce idol is Micheal Jackson and Tina Turner.

Touché Replied:

And what did Beyonce have to do with this post?

You Wanna Bey Me Replied:

Nothing, just a pressed Stan obsessed with bey. The queen stays on their minds lol, and they hate it!

• January 3, 2013 at 11:45 am
    MissImpartial says:

Looks great. But I don’t know why she is releasing albums as no one buys them. She should just release singles. Not hating but stating the obvious.

• January 3, 2013 at 11:54 am
    ƸӜƷ MC ƸӜƷ says:

The cover doesn’t really look good, like they edited or photoshopped it wrong or something. The other pictures look great, especially the 2nd pic.

Monstarebel Replied:

shut up b****! :-p

ƸӜƷ MC ƸӜƷ Replied:

Deal :P

I seriously hate the Navy and the Hive, especially the Hive.

Touché Replied:

@ Monstarebel, Calm the hell down. She was just giving her honest opinion so quit being b*** hurt.

JOHNVIDAL Replied:

@MC have you seen Mariah in Sidney??? Totally slayed. That whole live performance of Don´t forget about us was fantastic and her belt at the end of I´ll be There so powerful. I´m so excited girl :)

ƸӜƷ MC ƸӜƷ Replied:

I did! It was fantastic and the crowd was singing along with her and everything! I’m very excited!

• January 3, 2013 at 11:56 am
    HouCity Magazine says:

[...] TGJ [...]

• January 3, 2013 at 12:01 pm
    THE HBIC says:

Even though no one buys her albums and she’s a flop now, I enjoy her most of her music. I’ll be checking for it.

• January 3, 2013 at 12:02 pm
    King B>Rihanna(My Hair is Layed like Beyonce's Haters Loose p****) says:

She may not be the best singer out but she is abouselty beautiful despite these pictures looking terribly Photoshop. Love? was a boss dance album it is a pity that it didn’t really sale.

• January 3, 2013 at 12:09 pm
    JJFan1814 says:

She should re-invent herself like Rihanna is always doing. But I guess since Red One have her a huge hit, she’s going back to him to recreate such. Smh

• January 3, 2013 at 12:10 pm
    Cream says:

I can’t stand this yung looking old b**** I can’t even go on this old yung b**** yea I can did love even go gold???

• January 3, 2013 at 12:13 pm
    Cream says:

A Mariah fan tallking about photoshop??? b**** never agin

ƸӜƷ MC ƸӜƷ Replied:

What about it? I mean you have the nerve to say bad things about Mariah’s kids when little Ivy looks like the spitting image of papa……… YOU know the rest of that little story. Maybe Beyonce stays on your mind 24/7 but Mariah isn’t on my mind 24/7. You can deal? Take a hike.

BEY FAKE...BEY A FLOP...BEY A LIAR...BEY A PLAGERIST...BEY A HOOD HIVE!!! Replied:

AND BOOM WE ALL KNOW MONROE LOOKS WAYYY CUTER THAN LIL JAYZ JR.

• January 3, 2013 at 12:25 pm
    Scars says:

In the cover she looks like a vampire

• January 3, 2013 at 12:30 pm
    BEYHIVE MEMBER says:

Some artists just can’t seem to understand that there’s something called EXPIRATION DATE.

Like… When I see J-Lo, Mariah Carey, and the 66.y.o. CHER releasing new music………. I just feel disgusted, in a strange kind of way……

ƸӜƷ MC ƸӜƷ Replied:

You feel disgusted that people do what they love-music? Cher = Goddess of pop —-:> NO need to disrespect her.

I must say, its incredibly ageist of you to say.

Lax Replied:

@MC,,,Cosign You!!
    @Monstarebel Cosign You!!

Well Bette, Tina, Glady’s Celine, Mariah,
    and cOUNTLESS oTHERS Are still Performing and what
    about USHER ASS Hes old too you know,,,,,,and what about the Rock Bands, Country Western, and the Rappers,,,,,

Monstarebel Replied:

& beyonces expiration date is right around the corner (-: hahaha

ƸӜƷ MC ƸӜƷ Replied:

Like this, basically. You think Beyonce “expiration date” is still in tact after ’4′?

OK Replied:

One day Beyonce will be 66 years old. Is she supposed to give up performing after age 35 or 40 so that you won’t feel “disgusted”, or will you still support her music in spite of however old she is?

Let's Be Real Replied:

People are so stupid.Tina Turner was selling out arenas just a few years ago at 69,Madonna is 54 and STILL outselling EVERY ARTIST on her world tours in LESS time.Age really ain’t nothing but a number, Aaliyah NEVER lied.Beyonce will be 60 and still touring and selling out if she stays in shape and releases great material.

Lax Replied:

Well get ready to wipe Yo ass Because Aretha Is in the Studios Also!!

• January 3, 2013 at 12:31 pm
    Sierra says:

Really don’t care for the cover but the pics of her In the white dress and the one underneath is gorgeous her daughter looks just like her. #itrunsinthefamily

;-)

• January 3, 2013 at 12:32 pm
    Rihanna says:

Nobody bought the last 3 albums so this one will suffer the same fate.

• January 3, 2013 at 12:43 pm
    Savannah says:

Sorry shes washed up!

• January 3, 2013 at 12:53 pm
    NOT A HATER I JUST CRUSH ALOT says:

First in foremost giving an honor to God… lol. J-lo is still great, she is the next best thing to my wifey Janet. Triple Threat. Which to me puts her a step above a fav like Beyonce. She is a successful singer, professional dancer and great actress. Things I cant say about B. J-Lo wins 3 out of 3 of the Triple-Threat categories :)

NOT A HATER I JUST CRUSH ALOT Replied:

Not to mention she is drop dead gorgeous!!!

Lax Replied:

Shes very s*** and Beautiful and like I stated Shes
    Representing for her peoples and all of us who
    supports her efforts.,

Lax Replied:

JLo Is Representing For the Latinos and they are growing in Popularity and Numbers and who Knows , She will get Help
    hide and watch.

Lax Replied:

Beautiful Latino, Hellllllo,,,

Fierce p**** Replied:

As a dancer she is a step of above Beyonce but as a singer? HELL NO. You tried tho.

• January 3, 2013 at 12:57 pm
    IDK says:

As ol boy said up top, I hope she do go back to her Jenny from the block dayz cuz everybody knows she hasnt been there in years. I understand she along her career she went and got connected with her ethnic roots but dont forget your core base fans is who made you. Hit up the love every now and then and show us some love.
    Excited to see what she has in store for us tho.

IDK Replied:

*Hit up the block I meant*

[...] TGJ Tweet [...]

• January 3, 2013 at 3:44 pm
    bibi93 says:

Respect JLo!!

• January 3, 2013 at 4:08 pm
    Lax says:

I Respect JLO’s Hustle,,,

• January 3, 2013 at 4:32 pm
    Fierce p**** says:

Now THOSE pictures are beautiful. She’s always been very confident in her own skin. I appreciate JLO repping the Latinas even tho I’m not one of them. She has been very successful and crossover for someone of her race. I kinda wish she would drop the dance music though. Urban songs like “I’m into you” “Jenny on the block” “Get right” fit her very good. I’d like to hear more of that type of sound. But I understand she’s trying to sell in this generation. I don’t like her as a singer but her and janet know how to DESTROY a stage and that’s why I will probably always check for them.

• January 3, 2013 at 4:53 pm
    JOHNVIDAL says:

A new album? is she serious? I think she meant a new danceable single for this Spring right?

Pop Royalty Replied:

Right , and you will be dancing … again.

• January 3, 2013 at 4:56 pm
    RoyalKev says:

JLO always looks RIGHT! She’s so s***! I don’t know why people don’t give this Latina her props. She’s done more with her career than people realize!

• January 3, 2013 at 5:21 pm
    Suicide Blonde says:

The video shows that she looks better without being tweaked, she actually looks younger and fresh in the video than the pictures. Let me educate some of you. Y’all needs to realize that she’s no rookie, she is a veteran, a Legend on her own, she created her own brand, she is well respected everywhere, actually she was an Icon even before Britney became bigger, i know most of you are very young but there was a time when this woman was in the news everyday, i’m sure some in here remember 2003-2004, the whole Bennifer relationship, they were the Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie of the world, you can dislike her but you cannot deny her contributions to our Culture, she was the first woman to change the way big girls were seen in our society, thanks to her Guitar body shape, curvaceous girls like Beyonce, Shakira, Kim Kardashian, Nicki Minaj among others should all thank her for that, today they all boast of their curves, had it not been for her, all of them would have to lose weight to be accepted in our society, she was also part of the Latino movement of the late 90′s that changed the way Americans treat Latinos, it was her, Ricky Martin, Christina Aguilera and Enrique Iglesias, Shakira came late to the party. she open the doors in Hollywood to Hispanic Actresses like Salma Hayek, Eva Longoria, Eva Mendez and even for those from Spain like Penelope Cruz and Elsa Pataki. Her music is great, for those who doesn’t know her catalogue, she hasn’t done a bad album yet, the closest thing was “Love?” and even that album have great songs, she just need to go back to go back to her roots you know R&B, Latin Soul that she does brilliantly. Jennifer Lopez is an American icon of improvement, the American dream come true. She will be remembered as someone who was successful in everything shee set out to do. A true inspiration.

Pop Royalty Replied:

me & u and our love to J-f*****-Lo man …………

Suicide Blonde Replied:

Lol.

ƸӜƷ MC ƸӜƷ Replied:

*American Pop culture Icon.

I agree with what you said about her contributions though.

Suicide Blonde Replied:

Yep, Pop Culture, sorry i forget that.

• January 3, 2013 at 5:38 pm
    Jaiyah says:

I hope she collaborate with Ja Rule for this album. I think he is suppose to be getting out of jail in February, those were the rumors. I need that I’m Real & Aint it funny from JLo again.

• January 3, 2013 at 6:24 pm
    Pop Royalty says:

i am speechless , she’s so amazing :D

i approve , she’s that b**** to me.

• January 3, 2013 at 6:32 pm
    You Wanna Bey Me says:

Never stop doing what u love GURR:)

• January 3, 2013 at 6:54 pm
    Morgan (BEY IS THA GREATEST TO EVER DO IT) says:

Jlo girl, give it up. Your time is up. #the end

• January 3, 2013 at 7:02 pm
    Gigi says:

J-Ho strikes again… Ran thru ho.

• January 3, 2013 at 8:03 pm
    mc the place to be! says:

Man jlo looks great always have those shoes are gorgeous almost futuristic

• January 3, 2013 at 8:17 pm
    DAS says:

mmmmmmm I can smell many haters here… Go to take a shower b!tchees!!
    GO JLO ♥ it’s a simple thing: she always was first, sorry beyonce (I love her too) but you are the second … all the jlovers knows that!

• January 3, 2013 at 8:22 pm
    ÑAPP says:

Dance Again is a HIT. It’s sold almost 3 Million copies worldwide (which is as much as Britney’s #1 song Hold It Against Me). It peaked in the Top 20 on the Billboard Hot 100 higher than another one of Jen’s Top 20 hits- Play. and #1 Dance Club Chart! # 3 on the Latin Chart!!

• January 4, 2013 at 7:58 am
    Emi says:

That JHo Thing Is Getting Old
    GO JENNIFER

• January 4, 2013 at 12:31 pm
    sweet fight says:

can’t wait for new music from u jlo

• January 5, 2013 at 9:58 am
    mikee25 says:

Jlo is doing her thing!! She’s beautiful, s***, and talented!!! She made 52 Million this past year……that’s amazing!! Who cares if she didn’t sell that many albums…..lol

• January 6, 2013 at 12:06 pm
    modjo says:

woohoo the queen is ready to kick their ass of the chart . cant wait