To Our Readers

Ciara Praises LGBT Community: ‘You Have To Embrace Who You Are’

ciara that grape juice Ciara Praises LGBT Community: You Have To Embrace Who You Are

Ciara has showered the LGBT community in praises this month, sharing her stance a number of pressing hot topics surrounding them in an interview with The Advocate.

Find out what she had to say below…

Interview below….

“Why do you think so many gay fans have connected with you since the beginning of your career?

That’s a good question, at least for me I can say that I welcome everybody. No one is different from the other. I’m very grateful that I have a diverse group of fans as well. We welcome individuality over here in my world and I think that my fans can see and feel that.

In addition to Nicki, you’ve collaborated with a number of talented people over the years. Since you have a strong gay fan following, are there any out LGBT artists you’d like to work with in the future?

What I would like to do is collaborate with the gay dance community. I think that would be really fun. You know, like walking at Balls and some other cool stuff. I would love to do something like that.

Are you a fan of the New York Ball scene?

It’s crazy, I’ve never been able to go! I’ve only seen stuff online, but I am definitely going to go and I can’t wait to have that experience.

So if RuPaul called you up and asked you to appear as a guest judge on Drag Race you’d do it?

[Laughs] Yes, I would. I totally would!

You’re also a huge basketball fan. What do you think of Washington Wizards center, Jason Collins, coming out of the closet and becoming the first out gay athlete in the NBA?

I think it’s cool, because you have to embrace who you are. If you don’t embrace who you are and accept who you are you won’t be able to live a happy life. At the end of the day, we have to live our lives for ourselves. I’m sure he had the biggest sense of freedom when he came out. I’m always happy for a person that can be confident, embrace who they are, and live life how they want to live.

Basketball and hip-hop stars frequently cite one another as inspirations. Do you think the hip-hop community will embrace Jason Collins like it has other athletes?

I don’t see why not. At least from my perspective, because I feel like nowadays we’re more in tune with individualism. Maybe it’s the lens I see things through, but I just feel like we’re living in the days of self-expression and we’re seeing more of that on many levels. Whether it’s the person who you are, what you like to wear, or what you like to do. It’s just so cool when you meet people who are different than you are. That can give you a different perspective, a view point on life, or inspire you. I mean, what would the world be like if we were all the same? I think it would be very boring.

You’ve also been a vocal supporter of antibullying campaigns. However, you’ve experienced a fair amount of bullying yourself since you hit stardom. How do you personally cope with negativity that comes your way?

You have to know that you’re going to be faced with people who are going to try to throw things your way. But I feel like people only have as much importance in your life as you give them. If you say something is important, then it’s important. If you say it matters, then it matters because you have to live your life for you.

In addition to the new album, you’re also gearing up for a brand-new tour as well. Can you give us any hints about what we can expect to see? Do you have any surprises in store?

Of course, what would I be without any surprises, darling? [Laughs] I’m in the process of putting it all together, but this go around, with the whole energy kick that I’m on right now, I definitely want to turn things up a notch. I always want to challenge myself, so that never stops. But I always hope that when I do a show, my fans leave thinking they had a good time, a great experience, and were able to feel a little more connected to me. That’s what’s most important to me.”

Source.

1. |
    May 19, 2013 at 5:14 am
    . : : h 2 o : : . says:

Ciara, f*** me with your big Black d***.

May 19, 2013 at 5:24 am
      Hive says:

Lmao ur gross and that avi omg ewww

May 19, 2013 at 10:31 am
      ANNA233 says:

Wow… My friend Emily has just married to a handsome wealthy black man. They met through ~~~ MìxedŚìngle.Çoм ~ ~~Serious interracial dating is an ideal platform for afro romance for black & white singles. So, if you want to look for people with which you can date, you are at the right place.You can meet(lawyers,busy professionals, benefactors. models, celebrities, etc….)perhaps you can have a try.

May 19, 2013 at 1:24 pm
      rihking says:

b**** tryna copy honey chile please smh!

2. |
    May 19, 2013 at 5:22 am
    Ema says:

Thats my girl <3

May 19, 2013 at 11:27 am
      truth(icki's b**** ASS STANS can EAT ME honey!! Yall b**** is a STANK p**** FLOP chile! (puckers lips like Drake)) says:

That pic of her tho…girl just no….

3. |
    May 19, 2013 at 5:24 am
    Hive says:

Yas honey you better praise the gays those the only ones that still have faith in you.

May 19, 2013 at 8:20 am
      FAF says:

Same can be said for beyonce, I like her but I have straight female friends that have gone to the Riahanna fan club & said “she keeps doing the same routines over & over”

May 19, 2013 at 1:20 pm
        Lydia says:

Well that’s you @faf. I am a straight female and a Bey stan along with many of my friends. You go to her concerts and its about 1 guy to every 10 girls. In the words of wise ol’ Drake ‘Girls Love Beyonce’

May 19, 2013 at 1:24 pm
        Heauxsitdown says:

Right. Females & the Queens LOVE Beyonce. And there’s nothing FAF can do about it lol. I don’t know ANY Ciara fans, tbh. Gay, straight, male or female.

4. |
    May 19, 2013 at 5:28 am
    Cassie Lover says:

b**** you dont think we know that??

5. |
    May 19, 2013 at 5:32 am
    Bow Down says:

When will she embrace the fact that she was born with a penis….?

6. |
    May 19, 2013 at 6:01 am
    Jackieyonce says:

Do your thing Ciara. I’m still her to buy and support your album and singles! Keep them coming I love them all. Beyhive yall should take a sit

7. |
    May 19, 2013 at 6:23 am
    WHAT? says:

I ain’t supporting no h**/a*** Community HELL NO!

It’s an abomination in this world and sooner than later when the whole world becomes Gay. Everyone will die.

Why is that? Because WE all know Gays cannot reproduce.

Why is that only Man and Women together can and animals but not the same s**? It’s because it’s WRONG!

And that’s why I ain’t supporting F*GGOTS!

May 19, 2013 at 6:33 am
      Kree says:

So True!

EVERY MAN TO A WOMAN! That’s Real Love!

May 19, 2013 at 9:25 am
      Shaquinisha-rose says:

You do know that there are such organisms that reproduce asexually right??

Oh and if you are going by the Logic that Homosexuality is an abomination, you better throw out anything piece of clothing you own that’s made of two types of fabric, and you better pray you don’t eat any form of shell fish…

8. |
    May 19, 2013 at 6:37 am
    WHAT? says:

No one likes Gay people in the music industry.
    And that’s how it should be.
    The reason why they say that they love Gays is because they know they’ll get attention and more buys from the h**/a*** Community.

May 19, 2013 at 9:42 pm
      P.O. says:

Mission accomplished, your uneducated opinion managed to effect Ciara and now she hates gay people…smh. Sit down, while your working your customer service job Ciara is remaining in the public eye good or bad people are still talking.

9. |
    May 19, 2013 at 7:15 am
    SBC19 says:

You can tell she was coached on those answers beforehand.

10. |
    May 19, 2013 at 7:24 am
    Queen Navy says:

LOL Ciara is desperate to grab ANY audience she can, ain’t she? Her managers are right now trying to schedule an interview with Midget Monthly.

May 19, 2013 at 8:22 am
      FAF says:

Like RiYAWNA so she can talk about CB d*** & their relationship? … grasping for straws

ya gurl is an IG gangsta she better rehearse more to sell those tix to that flop tour :(

May 19, 2013 at 9:12 am
        Queen Navy says:

I just have to laugh whenever a Ciara fan tries to come for Rihanna. No matter what you say and no matter how you struggle to slight Rih, the bottom line is that Ciara isn’t even 1/2 as successful. Flop tour? LOL Ciara wishes she could sell out venues half the size Rihanna plays. She could have been Rihanna’s opening act, which is kinda embarrassing considering Rihanna came out AFTER her. So lets not! ;)

May 19, 2013 at 9:48 am
        CIARA WILL NEVER says:

@FAF FLOP TOUR? RIHANNA HAS MADE 16 MILLION FOR HER NORTH AMERICAN LEG OF HER TOUR AND HAS EVEN ADDED MORE DATES IN DENVER AND ARIZONA FOR NOVEMBER!! WHEN WILL CIARA? RIH IS ALSO ADDING MORE DATES TO HER EUROPEAN LEG OF HER HIGH SUCCESSFUL TOUR WHE WILL CIARA

May 19, 2013 at 3:14 pm
      DON'T come for Ci says:

Rihoe’s fans stay pressed and make their way into EVERY Ciara post. you’re all threatened like your fave, but continue to STAY TUNED. fickle ass fans.

11. |
    May 19, 2013 at 7:33 am
    POP ROYALTY (Bohemian Grove) says:

say whatever you want about her , but she’s always well-spoken in interviews :)

12. |
    May 19, 2013 at 7:37 am
    Mark111 says:

Only cause gays and teenage girls are the ones that still buys records.

13. |
    May 19, 2013 at 7:37 am
    JER says:

gurlbye. The grasp! She’s grasping at any and everything to sell this new flop album.

May 19, 2013 at 8:21 am
      FAF says:

It was top ten in pre-orders.. I’m sure you’ll buy 80 copies, f***

May 19, 2013 at 7:24 pm
        JER says:

Top 10 in pre-orders. #1 in returns

14. |
    May 19, 2013 at 8:20 am
    MESSIAH CAREY says:

The girls still aren’t gonna buy your album! BEYONCE is their queen. Ciara baby you’re a mere peasant. #deal

May 19, 2013 at 8:20 am
      FAF says:

*LOOKS AT USERNAME*

TUH….. SYNCRIAH

15. |
    May 19, 2013 at 8:21 am
    FAF says:

Aww look at these f****** up at 5AM to post…. LOL

Love ya, Ci!

16. |
    May 19, 2013 at 8:22 am
    stop! says:

smh she is bi-sexual so just come out the closet. She will be exposed.

17. |
    May 19, 2013 at 8:24 am
    FAF says:

Cannot wait for the tour!

May 19, 2013 at 9:50 am
      CIARA WILL NEVER says:

THE BATHROOM ATLANTA TOUR!? MEANWHILE MY FAVE WILL BE DOING STADIUMS WORLDWIDE

18. |
    May 19, 2013 at 8:36 am
    Ken says:

I LOVE Ciara, don’t get me wrong BUT please
    don’t post another post about this woman unless
    it’s a post about her performing her new single “Body Party”
    At a huge platform.

Billboard Awards?
    BET Awards???

Hell is she even attending them?

19. |
    May 19, 2013 at 9:04 am
    queenB-rules says:

Only reaon gays love Ciara is coz she a man too! Hang it up! #publicitystunt

20. |
    May 19, 2013 at 9:08 am
    Turntup4cici says:

She had a nose job

21. |
    May 19, 2013 at 9:13 am
    MESSIAH CAREY says:

Is a Ciara fan really coming for the QUEENS vocals?

[http://youtu.be/iqtcHva_xbk]

Maybe YOUR fav should lip synch….kiiii.

22. |
    May 19, 2013 at 9:37 am
    Love says:

Ciara is so beautiful and intelligent and the best dancer ever unlike that train wreck drug addict Riana!

May 19, 2013 at 9:52 am
      CIARA WILL NEVER says:

THAT “TRAIN WRECK” HAS SOLD 150 MILLION RECORDS AND IS WORTH OVER 100 MILLION WHEN WILL CIARA?

May 19, 2013 at 10:08 am
        Rosie says:

Rihoe has not sold 150 million records and is not even worth close to that. Stop.

23. |
    May 19, 2013 at 9:54 am
    CIARA WILL NEVER says:

HER FLOP SINGLE BODY PARTY IS GOING DOWN ON THE CHARTS!! SHE TRYING TO USE THE GAYS SO SHE CAN STRUGGLE TO GO GOLD!!

May 19, 2013 at 9:48 pm
      P.O. says:

Haha, why even bother writing this? Like as you probably struggle to get “Instagram likes” she’s at least considered a celebrity, something you will never be? Let that marinate for a bit…

24. |
    May 19, 2013 at 10:05 am
    Rosie says:

Bandwagoning for gay rights because Body Party is dropping like a rock down the charts?

25. |
    May 19, 2013 at 10:25 am
    MRS CARTER LOVER says:

WHO THE HELL IS CIARA? THE NAME DOESN’T RING A BELL

May 19, 2013 at 3:12 pm
      DON'T come for Ci says:

the sole reason you clicked on this post, i see. try again.

26. |
    May 19, 2013 at 10:32 am
    ANNA233 says:

Wow… My friend Emily has just married to a handsome wealthy black man. They met through ~~~ ~~InterràcìalFìshes.Çoм ~~ ~ ~~Serious interracial dating is an ideal platform for afro romance for black & white singles. So, if you want to look for people with which you can date, you are at the right place.You can meet(lawyers,busy professionals, benefactors. models, celebrities, etc….)perhaps you can have a try.

You never know who is out there just waiting for you to make their dream lovelife a reality.Has nothing to do with age\color, You can find the man or girl of your dreams. With a brave heart to love. Love and be loved, Let’s love!

27. |
    May 19, 2013 at 10:33 am
    www.schoneseelen.com says:

I applaud Ciara for embracing homosexuals, but let’s not act like celebrities these days don’t use the “power of the gay” to garner Billboard success. Yes she was specifically asked the question, but why is it that every female singer wants to express her love for the gay community now days?

28. |
    May 19, 2013 at 2:07 pm
    SLAY_HIVE says:

I love Ciara as well, but she aiming for the gay hive members, who are upset with Bey! Loooool #publicitystunt

Her team is really trying to get it together this era! Hmmm :)

29. |
    May 19, 2013 at 2:18 pm
    DOSSOME says:

Cher,Janet,Cyndi Lauper & Annie Lennox are probably the only few female singers that genuinely care about gay people

May 19, 2013 at 2:39 pm
      SLAY_HIVE says:

Cant forget Lady GaGa :)

30. |
    May 19, 2013 at 2:55 pm
    Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight says:

Well spoken… & she’s right about how to deal w/ being bullied… She rarely ever reacts to the poor jokes & negative comments on her twitter.. So I’D say she lives what she speaks.

31. |
    May 19, 2013 at 3:32 pm
    staph says:

I like Ciara but I’m not feeling ‘Body Party’ — I really want her to do well. I do. I know she is no threat to Beyonce (vocally no, dance wise, she would murder Beyonce)so there is no need to compare. She should not even be compared to Rihanna because they are not do anything remotely similar. I just wish you would get back with Jazzy Pha or Ludacris. I get she in love with Future but he obviously is not influencing great music from her. She should have some true music from her experience. Give me some heartache music or some party music because ‘Body Party’ is not a Janet reject song or something. I’m not feeling it at all, she might need to get a summer single started because ain’t nobody going to be playing that this summer. I’m really wishing you would come out with something good.

32. |