To Our Readers

No More Spice: Victoria Beckham Vows Music Career Is Over

victoria beckham retire No More Spice: Victoria Beckham Vows Music Career Is Over

The Spice Girls may be more of a catalogue act these days than contemporary chart-toppers, yet that hasn’t stopped their still-strong fanbase from hoping for a reunion. Especially with the ladies 20th anniversary looming.

However, it appears Posh Spice has other ideas. For, in a new interview with Vogue Paris about her successful foray into the world of fashion design, Victoria Beckham revealed that she’s officially “done” with music.

The revelation comes after years of speculation about Beckham’s alleged friction with the quintet’s other members – alleged friction that would intensify each time a “reunion” rumor or opportunity gathered steam.

VB’s words after the jump…

“I realised it was finished for good in 2008, when we reformed for our reunion tour [at Madison Square Garden]

“It should have been the best moment of my life, but I just wanted to be elsewhere. It wasn’t a lack of respect for the girls or the audience, but the passion just wasn’t there. By contrast, in my new career (as a fashion designer), the passion grows every year. I still want more.”

Speaking on her trademark moodiness, the star added:

“I looked moody. But I wasn’t! I was shy, not very sure of myself. I had to invent a character and I thought of that: staring at people and pouting. My insecurities helped me create the character in a way. Nowadays, it’s like a barrier that comes back whenever I go out in public. That’s the way fame has affected me”.

{Source}

******************

A blow to Spice fans? Naturally. However, we’re entirely “here” for her honesty. After all, there are clearly a multitude of acts currently on the charts whose passion has evaporated too. Sadly, unlike Victoria, they continue to go through the motions – in the process doing themselves and their legacies irreparable damage. Britney Spears comes to mind. However, we digress.

Kudos to VB for keeping it real. We must say, though, her solo run was super underrated, as was the Girls’ last album!

1. |
    December 9, 2013 at 3:44 pm
    Jamie says:

Its been over.

2. |
    December 9, 2013 at 4:16 pm
    D says:

Using beckham to shade Britney? This post is borderline retarded.

Not stanning for Brit, just calling out a WEAK correlary.

3. |
    December 9, 2013 at 4:17 pm
    BIGGESTAALIYAHFAN says:

I’m glad she finally made an announcement. It’s not as if we didn’t know, however, I don’t believe it’s the end. I’m sure years from now they will get together again musically. I hope she just doesn’t forget the reason she’s so successful is because of the Spice Girls. Much luck to her.

4. |
    December 9, 2013 at 4:18 pm
    ENOUGH ONIKA (NEW & IMPROVED) says:

Good for her to recognize when her time has passed. Now people can remember her for the great work she did with Spice Girls, rather shake our heads in shame if they tried to make a come back. Some artist (Gaga) continue to push pass their time and it’s a sloppy floppy mess…

5. |
    December 9, 2013 at 4:22 pm
    applause says:

@EnoughOnika you spelled Beyonce wrong sis.

6. |
    December 9, 2013 at 4:43 pm
    Diamond Princess says:

I love the spice girls collectively and as individuals. I applaud Posh for keeping it real but am a lil salty at the same time. If it weren’t for the Spice Girls and her cheating husband David Beckham she would not have the different platforms like fashion. I hate to say it but she was always a lil vocally challenged so in that aspect she won’t be missed. But as a long devoted fan it won’t be the same to see just 4 girls on stage just as DK (see D Woods). But whatever I wish her the best I guess.

7. |
    December 9, 2013 at 4:50 pm
    ratedx(love is beautiful) says:

please, I heard cats that sing better than her…if it wasnt’s for her overprice clothing line, and her super rich husband, this broad would have fade to black years ago…

and her clothing line is a knockoff version of another fashion designer, french designer Roland Mouret…

8. |
    December 9, 2013 at 4:59 pm
    ratedx(love is beautiful) says:

I’m surprise he didn’t sue her ass for making the same exact dresses he used to make….I remember seeing her In a pink Roland Mouret dress, and a couple years later she had the same dress in her clothing line..I thought maybe she was working with him…

nope..I like said overpriced knockoff dresses

9. |
    December 9, 2013 at 6:18 pm
    nivea says:

i hate when artist forget where they come for, and if her fashion line would have flopped, she would sooo be here for a spice girls reunion!!!

10. |
    December 9, 2013 at 7:24 pm
    Real Talk says:

Happy for her

11. |
    December 9, 2013 at 9:31 pm
    cassingfxcbbcx says:

Black Men Dating White Women,White men Seeking Black Women on
    —————- BlackMenDatingWhiteWomen.o/r/g————. Thousands of Black Men, Black Women, White Men and White Women Free Join Here Everyday.Here a 100% safe, serious and real community for black & white single seeking interracial relationships, friendships, dating ,love and more. The site has established 12+ years. Millions of singles have joined it.cvncvn

12. |
    December 9, 2013 at 9:33 pm
    NAVY COMMANDER says:

What solo career?

13. |
    December 9, 2013 at 11:45 pm
    XX says:

Did he lie though?

14. |
    December 10, 2013 at 1:11 am
    XtinaTheDiva says:

Victoria forgets why she became famous. However, she was always my least favourite Spice. I just want the Spice Girls back, with or without her…

15. |
    December 10, 2013 at 6:39 am
    JOHNVIDAL says:

Are there people who still take Spice Girls seriously? I´m shocked.

16. |
    December 10, 2013 at 9:26 am
    Sohawt says:

music career? did the b**** has one?

17. |
    December 10, 2013 at 9:29 am
    Sohawt says:

yea

18. |
    December 10, 2013 at 9:31 am
    Stop the drama Start the music says:

Nobody wants u back. U can’t sing. The only promising ones with music careers were Emma bunton and Melanie C. At least their voices were okay.

19. |
    December 10, 2013 at 9:52 am
    Let's Be Real says:

Erm..
    Ima be real.
    Shade but no shade…
    I HAD NO CLUE SHE HAD A SOLO CAREER….

20. |