Entertainment

Tamar Braxton Sets September 2017 Launch For Solo Talkshow

Star Attempts To Brush Off Axe From ‘The Real’

tamar-splash-main

Having run through seven record deals before hitting it big, Tamar Braxton is renown for her perseverance.

It’s a trait she’s holding onto firmly following her dramatic departure from ‘The Real’ earlier this summer.

As reported, in the immediate aftermath of her axing from the FOX talker, the 39-year-old signed a production deal with Steve Harvey to front her own talkshow.

Now she’s opening up about the series.

Hear what she had to say below…

Speaking at a church motivational event with her sisters, Tamar spilled that her offering has a working title of ‘The Tamar Braxton Show.’ She also revealed that it’s presently set for a September 2017 launch…

A video posted by Tamar HQ (@tamarhq) on

Additional details weren’t divulged, with the youngest of the Braxton clan playfully remarking that she’d already said too much.

*********

It’s interesting to see the wheels turning so quickly.

That said, we’d much prefer to see Tamar tackle her music career more head-on than dabbling in an arena that she did well in but didn’t overly excel in.

Still, she’s a personality and these days winning is about much more than the Billboard charts; it’s about being an omnipresent brand. So, we can’t hate on her hustle.

In any case, it’ll be intriguing to see what her show’s main point of difference to ‘The Real’ will be.

Sponsored

1. September 14, 2016 at 12:30 pm
    IKNOWTHETRUTH says:
    +19

GIRL GIVE US ALBUM 4 PLEASE

• September 14, 2016 at 7:20 pm
      Crazy says:

Yes I heard that’s she’s working on an album 4 and a single will be released soon. Can’t wait for her talk show though

2. September 14, 2016 at 12:31 pm
    Barb-wire says:
    -30

So her Muppet gig ain’t enough? #MsPiggy

• September 14, 2016 at 5:12 pm
      Nickelodeon Minaj says:

Why is your fave’s nose so Toucan Sam-ish? What’s with the Nene Leakes/Consequence style teeth? Help me understand.

3. September 14, 2016 at 12:43 pm
    Diana, The Empress Of Pop says:
    +23

I rather have a Tamar album. She was fighting for her second chance at a music career. I would love to see hat fight in her still because she can sang.

4. September 14, 2016 at 1:10 pm
    ENOUGH ONIKA says:
    +20
    -16

Why?? Who wants to hear her imitate a gay man for 30-60 minutes….I’ll pass..

• September 14, 2016 at 2:42 pm
      2bad2bme says:

I feel tried! LMAO

5. September 14, 2016 at 1:10 pm
    #JACKIE says:
    +29
    -14

She is too annoying to have her own show. It won’t last.

6. September 14, 2016 at 2:38 pm
    B2B says:
    -11

Tamar> Wendy. I hope she puts out new music first to somewhat get people talking

• September 14, 2016 at 2:53 pm
      #JACKIE says:
      +19

Lies YOU TELL. Wendy is a seasoned PRO who has been doing this for over 20 years. Not everyone can carry a talk show by themselves. Tamar should stick with reality television.

7. September 14, 2016 at 3:33 pm
    Paulo says:

best of luck Tamar! but focus on getting your new record to be a hit first, please!

8. September 14, 2016 at 3:47 pm
    FC/JC says:

Not, here, for, IT

9. September 14, 2016 at 3:53 pm
    Lake Erie says:

Smh… it’s funny how Tamar and Kmichelle started out together pretty much. Both was neck and neck…. Now Kmichelle just anounced she’s been approved for her 4th album and is about to get started working on it…. I really like Tamar but before I even read anything after the title, I said the same thing.. “I wish she put this much effort into her music. Girl is talented idgf what anyone says… She could have been much bigger I believe…. It’s like she does this as a rainy day hobby or something… I shouldn’t compare them but hell, history wrote it’s self, there’s no escape.

• September 15, 2016 at 12:41 am
      Rebelhive says:

Yea tamar can get a lot of places K can’t! So it don’t make sense K is surpassing her. IF An offer came up who would they work with k from love and hiphop or Toni Braxton lil sis

• September 15, 2016 at 2:15 am
      Jasmine says:

I don’t think it is fair to compare them. Tamar is ten years older than K. Michelle and has been in the industry since 1991 (First single was in 1991 as the Braxtons – Good Life). Tamar also had a solo album in 2001, 3 record contracts after that, and a shelved album in 2004. To me, K. Michelle is a newer / younger artist so comparing them is like comparing a seasoned artist with a newbie.

10. September 14, 2016 at 3:56 pm
    Lake Erie says:

Also, at first I was all in on believing the whole sorry of her departure from “the real” but ummm I wouldn’t be surprised now if it was planned to play out like that…. but idk. I’m pretty sure she’ll speak on it soon when her talk show comes out.

11. September 14, 2016 at 6:16 pm
    Adeline says:

Not interested! She’s too much drama! Childish! I’m happy she left the Real.

12. September 14, 2016 at 6:29 pm
    Brent Christopher says:
    +14

Tamar Braxton does not have the type of personality, attitude or demeanor that can be enjoyed by a viewing audience for extended periods of time. She is mildly entertaining when interwoven into a cast of other individuals, but alone… Tamar is too worried about being flamboyant and over the top to truly entertain the masses. Her overdone mannerisms and overused lingo combined is much too much to stomach for an entire hour long talk series. Im sorry.

13. September 15, 2016 at 12:44 am
    Rebelhive says:

I don’t believe she gonna get a show and we gonna hear how it’s all Steve Harvey fault, if she was smart she would have her show start around New Years, start with a NYE special like tiny did, a cable talk show doesn’t take a year to produce!

• September 15, 2016 at 2:15 am
      Jasmine says:

I agree.

14. September 15, 2016 at 2:58 am
    MusicLife says:

Yeah I don’t see her lasting as a solo talk show host. If anything she should just get her actual friends: many from her show and Tiny Tonight (what happened to that?) and do a cable version of it weekly lot daily for WeTV, BET, or TVOne. I can’t see FOX giving another minority show a go, especially her. And if FOX is not going to, certainly ABC, CBS, or NBC isn’t going to.

I don’t listen to her music but I agree she should focus on that if she is a diver first. But the reality shows overshadows her music career and so did The Real.

15. September 15, 2016 at 12:38 pm
    Ronald A Mitchell says:

Yeah right! Honey bunches of oats!

16. Vote

Good luck to her for her TV show that’s airing out next year in 2017 and imo I don’t think too many people would watch it