Queen of Pop Madonna is on course to remind heiresses that she is indeed still ruling the charts. For, just one week after the debut of her Youtube (partially) banned number ‘Girls Gone Wild’, her faithful following have gone to task to put the Material Girl’s latest material atop Billboard charts.
Boasting her best first week number’s since 2005’s ‘Confessions On A Dance Floor’, ‘MDNA’ marks Madge’s 5th consecutive #1 album and 8th overall (starting with 2000’s ‘Music’).
Find out how much the ‘Holiday’ hitmaker is expected to move:
Industry experts expect the figure to be closer to 350k. Either way, the top selling diva is a shoo in for next week’s number one. This week’s charts, however, sees little movement. As ever, Adele‘s ’21’ is still dominating the top 5 – landing this week at number 2. Canadian chanteuse Melanie Fiona‘s latest ‘The MF Life’ lands in the tally’s top 10 at #7 with 34k sold.
Get into all the numbers below (via Billboard):
1. Various, The Hunger Games soundtrack (175k)
2. Adele, 21 (130k)
3. Shins, Port Of Morrow (75k)
4. One Direction, Up All Night (55k)
5. Odd Future, The OF Tape Vol. 2 (40k)
6. Bruce Springsteen, Wrecking Ball
7. Melanie Fiona, The MF Life (34k)
8. Various, Now 41 (31k)
9. Whitney Houston, Whitney – The Greatest Hits (28k)
10. Esperanza Spalding, Radio Music Society (25k)