Piece of poo would be a more accurate description of recent reports that have indicated Britney Spears’ Vegas residency ‘Piece of Me’ has out-performed preceding pop legends Celine Dion and Elton John‘s similar runs in just a matter of days.
Indeed, the miscalculations, misestimations, and mishaps that have fueled media chronicles that crowned the pop princess’s Vegas showing the third-best run in history have proven themselves premature. Moreover, those reports were only analyzing a portion of data and not the big picture.
Need more? You know where to find it:
“That information is based entirely on data from ticket-reseller StubHub and doesn’t take into account tickets purchased by other outlets. StubHub hasn’t revealed its exact sales figures for Britney, but the company did say that 14 percent of all its tickets sold this year were for Spears’s Feb. 14 show. Again, those figures are based only on StubHub’s sales and account for just a fraction of the actual market place.”
Billboard BoxScore Vegas Box Office Performance (Britney Spears vs. Celine Dion vs. Elton John):
- First four shows all sold out
- Total attendance of 17,803
- Gross of $2,470,021 or an average of 4,450 tickets and $617,505 gross per show.
- Sold out all 14 shows of its 7th leg
- Sold 57,889 tickets and pulled in $8,930,160 for an average of 4,134 tickets and $637,868 gross per show.
- Celine Dion’s four shows at Caesars Palace (Dec. 30-Jan. 5) all sold out
- Sold 17,004 tickets and grossing $2,869,070 — an average of 4,251 tickets and $717,267 in sales per show.
The aforementioned data is by no means intended to discredit what the ‘Lucky’ songstress has accomplished with her Vegas run. At the rate it is going, it does show promise of coming the top-seller in Vegas history. But, contrary to recent reports, it’s not there yet.
Initially met with skepticism given her age and poor performance skills over the last half-decade, the run has proven itself lucrative and may serve to reignite public interest after the disappointing performance of her 8th studio album ‘Britney Jean’.
‘Work B*tch’ gave us some hope that Spears does still have some semblance of “it”. We’re just hoping that this Vegas run helps her find the rest of it…wherever she left it.