Wealth and chart wins are spread generously across the music industry, but true impact remains exclusive to a limited a few.
For decades, Beyonce has occupied a spot in the coveted club – a fact Forbes says is more accurate than ever in 2018.Array
With the year fast drawing to an end, the publication has unveiled their list of the Most Powerful Women In Entertainment.
On the ranking, Queen Bey is named in the #6 spot – the highest of any of the female musicians listed. Indeed, the tally – which also includes moguls and execs such as Oprah Winfrey and Ariana Huffington, only features one other singer, Taylor Swift.
Reasons cited for Mrs Carter’s placement include her colossal Coachella set and the power she wielded to recruit the first African-American photographer in Vogue‘s 126-year history to shoot her September cover.
Peep Forbes’ full list of Media and Entertainment’s Most Powerful Women:
1. Oprah Winfrey, Media mogul
2. Shari Redstone, Vice Chair, CBS & Viacom
3. Bonnie Hammer, Chair, NBCUniversal Cable Entertainment
4. Donna Langley, Chair, Universal Pictures
5. Anna Wintour, Artistic Director, Conde Nast
6. Beyoncé, Singer
7. Dana Walden, Chairman, Disney TV Studios and ABC Entertainment
8. Katharine Viner, Editor-in-Chief, Guardian
9. Taylor Swift, Singer
10. Zanny Minton Beddoes, Editor-in-Chief, The Economist
11. Kathleen Kennedy, President, Lucasfilm
12. Shonda Rhimes, Showrunner
13. Arianna Huffington, Founder & CEO, Thrive Global
14. Serena Williams, Tennis player
15. Shobhana Bhartia, Chair, HT Media
16. Priyanka Chopra, Actress