Nicki Minaj extends her lead as the highest-selling female rapper of all time once again.
Good news below…Array
With a discography driven by pure sales, the performer is now the first female rapper to sell 100 million units in the U.S alone.
This, making her the highest-selling female rapper of all time as well as one of the highest-selling musicians to debut within the last 100 years thanks to a sales figure largely made up of paid-for purchases.
1. Rihanna 198 million units (22.5 million of which are albums)
2. Taylor Swift 169.5 million units (43 million of which are albums)
3. Katy Perry 108 million units (6 million of which are albums)
4. Nicki Minaj 100 million units (8.5 million of which are albums)
5. Mariah Carey 90 million units (66 million of which are albums)
The rapper has sold 8.5 million albums within the last nine years and over 92 million singles within the same period. Impressive, as she reached her epic milestone despite seeing her sales decline following the advent of the now stream-dependant chart system which pulled some of her fan base away from iTunes and towards Spotify where she also reigns supreme on a number of Hip-Hop fronts.