With a new look and team behind her, Lil Kim started the year with the launch of a comeback campaign powered by her own VH1 series ( ‘Girl’s Cruise’) and a club-ready comeback album named ‘Nine.’
Today, it has emerged that the set is to open with modest first-week figure.
Learn more below…
‘Nine’ is expected to debut outside of the Top 20 when this week’s Billboard 200 rolls in because its first week figure, at least according to projections, is set to sit under the 1,000 unit pure sales mark.
- Youngboy Never Broke Again (Never Broke Again/Atlantic) 95-105k total activity, 2-4k album
- PostMalone (Republic) 90-100k, 7-10k
- SummerWalker (LVRN/Interscope) 70-75k, 2-4k
- DaBaby (Interscope) 50-55k, 1k
- TaylorSwift (Republic) 40-45k, 10-12k
- Lil TJay (Columbia) 37-42k, 1k
- Billie Eilish (Darkroom/Interscope) 33-38k, 7-9k
- Chris Brown (RCA) 30-35k, 1-3k
- Lizzo (Atlantic) 30-35k, 1-3k
- YoungThug (Atlantic) 28-32k, <1k
- Wale (Warner) 27-30k 3-5k
- Lil Tecca (Galactic/Republic) 27-30k, <1k
- KevinGates (BreadWinner’sAssociation) 25-28k, 1-3k
- SuperM (SM/Capitol) 25-28k, 22-25k
- Ed Sheeran (Atlantic) 21-24k, 1-3k
- Lil Nas X (Columbia) 19-22k, <1k
- PostMalone – Beerbongs (Republic) 18-21k, <1k
- TheBeatles (Capitol) 18-21k, 11-14k
- LukeCombs (RiverHouse/ColumbiaNashville) 18-21k, 1-3k
- Travis Scott (CactusJack/Grand Hustle/Epic) 18-21k, <1k
If accurate, ‘Nine’ will be the first Kim release to peak outside of the Top Ten following the glory she earned with its predecessors ‘Hardcore‘, ‘The Notorious K.I.M’, ‘La Bella Mafia’ and ‘The Naked Truth‘ which has sold over 2.7 million globally since 2005.
Fortunately, all isn’t lost. For, her comeback has reignited interest in the aforementioned albums and seen all of them make notable gains on Spotify within the last week.
As of this morning, she has 4 million monthly listeners on the platform.
When one looks at it that way, it would seem that her latest era has gone a long way to rectify her branding mistakes of yesteryear and protect a legacy many have tried, but failed, to erase.
good afternoon to 9 by lil kim only, still a bop and probably the best hip-hop album of 2019 we love you @LilKim
— ynigo in hawaii (@gucciprism) October 12, 2019