It may have earned a raised eyebrow or two from fans and family upon its announcement, but if ratings are anything to judge by, it appears a number of those claiming to be opposed to Lifetime’s unauthorized biographical film of King of Pop Michael Jackson still found time to tune in.
The made-for-TV-movie, titled ‘Searching for Neverland,’ aired on Memorial Day (May 29th) and was the highest rated scripted programming for its timeslot. In fact, for its timeslot, it came in second overall – blocked from the top spot by WWE Entertainment.
Curious to see just how many viewers the film raked in? Look below:
Viewership = 1.99 million [#7]
How does ‘Neverland’ stack up against Lifetime’s other biopics based on singers? See below:
- ‘Surviving Compton’ [‘Michel’le]: 2.3 million
- ‘Unbreak My Heart’ [Toni Braxton]: 3.6 million
- ‘Whitney’ [Whitney Houston]: 4.5 million
- ‘Aaliyah: Princess of R&B’ [Aaliyah]: 3.2 million
- ‘Britney Ever After’ [Britney Spears]: 1.01 million
- ‘Michael Jackson: Searching for Neverland’ [Michael Jackson]: 1.99 million