ChrisBrown_X_DeluxeEdition_outnow_728x90

Brandy On 106 & Park

R&B star Brandy stopped by BET’s 106 & Park yesterday to promote her brand single ‘Right Here (Departed)’, as well as forthcoming LP ‘Human’ (due November 11th). Check out the interview below:

It’s so refreshing to see an artist so genuinely psyched to be back doing what they love. There is an immense buzz surrounding Brandy and her ‘comeback’, so things are looking real good for the 29 year old.

Randomess: The acappella of ‘Right Here (Departed)’ sounded fantastic.

• September 6, 2008 at 8:59 am
    Anonymous says:

I’m not a huge fan of Brandy but I do like some of her song. I wish her the best on her comeback..

• September 6, 2008 at 9:26 am

sam it’s 29

• September 6, 2008 at 9:48 am
    anderson says:

I loved how humble she was on 106. Brandy is so amazing and she is going to take the world by storm this time around. Did you notice how much the crowd cheered for her when she came out? Brandy is back and she’s going straight to the top.

• September 6, 2008 at 10:03 am
    Darius says:

I absolutely LOVE Brandy, more so now than I did before. She’s so humble, and it’s so refreshing. I had a chance to meet her and she was just like that, very eager to talk and be around her supports. I also like how she’s so in touch with her fan via video blogs. I wish her the best with this album and everything she’s doing. Some of these other artist need to take notes.

• September 6, 2008 at 10:03 am
    Miranda Priestly @ Runaway Mag. says:

Brandy is Back for good EVERYONE!!!! I agree with ^ about how humble she was and i definitely saw the glow. It reminds me of Michelle William’s sincerity! I’m glad she made it thru to comeback hard!

• September 6, 2008 at 10:10 am
    tia says:

omg that almost brought me to tears!!! she was so excited and i’m so excited for her…its was very genuwine she didnt even wanna go…man im just happy there is still alot of luv for the b-rocka out there that crowd was going wild fa real.

• September 6, 2008 at 10:40 am
    Nick says:

MAN I MISSED IT, thnx 4 the post, BUT I do believe the re-run comes on this morning/anyway, I LUV BRANDY !!!!

• September 6, 2008 at 10:58 am
    Anonymous says:

LOVE LOVE LOVE BRANDY even more this time around. SO humble, a singer, actor, writer, and mother. She is doing it all, gotta love B-rocka! I will be getting several copies to celebrate

• September 6, 2008 at 12:10 pm
    SamIsA... says:

LMAO! Brocka cheesin’ the whole interview. Love it. Sam, I hate to say it, but I finally agree with you.

Best part… Brandy: I’m so excited to met ya’ll. I been watching you on TV for a while now.
    Terrence: Roc, does she KNOW who she is?

LMAO, gotta love Brandy.

• September 6, 2008 at 12:11 pm
    Neva says:

Thanks for posting.

I love the new song.

• September 6, 2008 at 12:23 pm

she is beautiful

• September 6, 2008 at 12:47 pm
    Sportsgist says:

An immense Buzz from who??? y’all really over there Drinking that fermented ‘Grape Juice’!!!

• September 6, 2008 at 1:46 pm
    Anonymous says:

Nice interview, i wish her well

• September 6, 2008 at 3:34 pm
    Anonymous says:

even though i wish her the best, the only reason shes reaching out to her so called fans so much now is because she really needs to connect with her fanbase and get that album of hers off to a good start!

• September 6, 2008 at 3:54 pm
    SG3 says:

@3:34PM

Naw, I disagree, I've been a fan of Brandy's since her debut album back in 93/94. She's always been very humble and geniune.

BTW…That girl can sang. Much love to you Brandy. She's what the game's been missing. Female R&B acts step your game up, the orignal is back!!

• September 6, 2008 at 3:56 pm
    SG3 says:

…Your VOCAL game.

• September 6, 2008 at 4:29 pm
    SEAN says:

YEAH I’M SO HAPPY THAT BRANDY IS BACK AND HERE TO STAY THIS TIME AROUND, I’VE BEEN A FAN OF HER SINCE HER FIRST ALBUM…AND SHE HAS YET TO DISSAPPOINT ME ON ANY OF THEM SO I’M SURE WITHOUT A DOUBT THIS ALBUM WILL BE JUST AS GOOD AS THE REST OF THEM….HEY NO ONE SEEMED TO MENTION THIS BUT DIDN’T ANYONE NOTICED SHE MENTIONED NEXT SINGLE WILL BE “LONG DISTANCE” SHE CONFIRMED IT HERSELF ON THE SHOW…CAN’T WAIT TO HEAR WHAT THAT SOUNDS LIKE…

NEXT SINGLE CONFIRMED: “LONG DISTANCE”

• September 6, 2008 at 5:42 pm
    Anonymous says:

brandy is n has always been a ‘real’ womam. She’s so down-to-earth n always humble n respectable to others. i luv dat quality of hers!!! g’luck brandy!!

• September 6, 2008 at 5:43 pm
    suga brown says:

Acapella was Hott
    Got time 4 Brandy and her serious harmonies…

Those bv’s make acts step up their game up..
    Really love her texture in her vocals.

• September 6, 2008 at 6:05 pm
    Toons says:

Brandy is amazing. she is really conncected with the fans this time around and i love it. she really wasn’t able to give her full attention to the fans with her last two albums because of her daughter and other drama, but she is back and completely devoted.

the audience was going off. and terrance and rocsi knew that they were in the midst of a legend, one who is very humble at that. i love her and i love all the new music i’ve been hearing so far. the a capella was vicious, and she wasn’t even trying.

WELCOME BACK BRAN BRAN!

• September 6, 2008 at 6:07 pm
    Anonymous says:

THE ORIGINAL PRINCESS OF R&B!

BROCKA!!!

• September 6, 2008 at 8:04 pm
    MzJGaines says:

Brandy has always been on her game. He songs are always get air play as if they were just released. She has one of those voices, I think my favorite song is Have You Ever . . . awesome. The song from Set It Off, that she sings with Tamia, Gladys Knight and Chaka Kahn, it think it’s Missing You. Welcome back Brandy . . . This is what you call a comeback . . . some people can take notes a learn a thing or two.

• September 6, 2008 at 8:58 pm
    Anonymous says:

I LOVE BRADY! So refreshing to see her back!! She was so excited I thought she was gonna cry! She bringing the heat this time around boy! Been a fan since that debut! Can’t wait til Nov. 11th! I hope she does a signing!

janfan_48

• September 7, 2008 at 4:43 am
    Soufian says:

awh she’s so cute i can’t waitttt for her album damnit!

• September 7, 2008 at 7:09 am
    Anonymous says:

Awww….I almost cried…that was so cute, and it's so good to have Real r&b music back. Love Brandy, and can't wait to get the album

• September 7, 2008 at 7:32 am

Good luck B

• September 7, 2008 at 9:34 am

GET’EM B!!!

• September 7, 2008 at 9:42 am
    Anonymous says:

WHATEVER!! I have been a fan of Brandys music from the day her first album dropped, However is it safe to say she has always had an attitude problem! She’s only cheesing now because she needs to get everybody on side before she shows her true colors! I give her 6 months before the diva antics start once again and she soon forgets who made her a star in the first place! Once a b**** always b****!

• September 7, 2008 at 9:58 am
    Anonymous says:

^sounds personal. LET IT OUT!

• September 7, 2008 at 11:20 am
    2 cents says:

I like alot of Brandy’s music and I wish her much success, but I have to agree with some of the other posters, in the past Brandy at times seemed to act a little snobbish and very entitled. I think after she had her baby and had been missing from the game for a while and saw other chicks getting shine she felt like I set the stage for ya’ll, the game owes me, but after that car accident and a couple of poor album sales it brought her right back to reality. Hopefully she sticks with what made her hot from jump, good music. I’m still playing her first cd Brandy and her second Never Say Never. When she came back after having her baby she was rockin the blonde lacefront and revealing outfits, which to me was not her. I think she was trying to fit in with what was hot at the time. Again, hopefully this is the OG Brandy and not the follow the trend Brandy. I wish her luck, and yes I think her appearance on 106 was genuine she seemed very real and excited.

• September 7, 2008 at 11:24 am
    miim says:

i love that song!! i am definately feeling it!!

• September 7, 2008 at 2:17 pm
    La'Wayne says:

wtf people on here hate’n for?..if u got negative stuff to say then dont say it at all…Brandy’s never had an attitude problem…ya’ll dont kno what its like to b in the industry and all dat..if she acted a certain way im sure she had a reason 2 do it. people always wanna git stuff twisted and mixed up wit artist and they have every right to say how they feel or whateva..stop hate’n..BRANDY’S GOIN BACK TO THE TOP!!!

• September 7, 2008 at 5:06 pm

@ 11:20 AM
    Again sounds personal. After the second sentence I fell asleep. SEEK HELP. Your reasons for hating are a joke. Didn’t make no damn sense. smh

• September 7, 2008 at 6:49 pm
    tylerleow says:

Is it just mme but no one in this industry sounds like Brandy? The texture in her voice. sure she cant nail the high notes like Beyonce or Christina..but there’s just this something anout her voice.

• September 7, 2008 at 7:34 pm

Yes its called AUTOTUNE!

• September 7, 2008 at 8:05 pm
    Anonymous says:

^^^^^^^^^no b**** its called talent…

• September 9, 2008 at 9:10 pm
    Anonymous says:

ok..i see alot of positive feedback and i def dont want the stans setting my house on fire…i love the old brandy….thats just me..but does ANBODY ELSE OUT THERE THINK SHE LOOKS UNHEALTHY? I remember her being viggie during her pregnancy…but its like her face n neck are loook so small..shes not cute like she used to be

• September 10, 2008 at 4:22 pm
    Anonymous says:

Be careful 5:06 pm will be after you, no matter how politely you word ur opinion! See how she attacked 11:04 am, shorty was nice as possible but was still accused of hating, I tell u these stalkers, forget stans, these b****** are stalkers.