Keri Hilson Targets May 31st As New Album Release Date | ..::That Grape Juice // ThatGrapeJuice.net::.. || Thirsty? Advertisement

Keri Hilson Targets May 31st As New Album Release Date

Keri+Hilson+kerihilsonuk Keri Hilson Targets May 31st As New Album Release Date

Keri Hilson is back in the studio, working on her sophomore album, which she hopes to have in stores on May 31st (Memorial Day). The ‘Energy’ singer is currently creating tracks with Timbaland, Polow Da Don, Danjahandz, Kanye West and will.i.am, among others. Head of Urban music at Interscope, DJ Mormile, had his to say about the project:

“We’re just getting into this,” says Mormile, who hopes to have a first single out in March, if not sooner. “But we already have an idea of what we want to do. This album will continue the evolution of Keri, building off the hits ‘Knock You Down’ and ‘Turning Me On’, which helped define her. This new album will be ‘Turning You On’ times 10.”{Source}

It looks like Hilson isn’t playing any games this time around. Teaming up with almost all of the top producers in the game right now is definitely a good way to ensure that she has at least one hit. Nonetheless, as someone who has regarded by many as just a ‘collaboration act’, Hilson needs to make sure that her solo work is on fire this time around.  The music of 2010 is shaping up to be even better than 2009!

Thoughts?

• January 17, 2010 at 6:52 am
    WTF says:

I can’t wait to get it!

• January 17, 2010 at 6:59 am
    Carl says:

Yawn. She will try to release a lead single on her own and it will do what slow dance did and we will get a collabo as the lead. Her debut was really dissappointing for me so I will check this but will not purchase.

• January 17, 2010 at 7:10 am
    Tha Phoenix says:

Will download, not buy this…

She’s more of a collabo artist

• January 17, 2010 at 7:12 am
    deleteriousdee says:

Funny… last time, she tried at least 3 times before her album got released! I have promo materials with a variety of release dates for In A Perfect World…

It’s hard to believe, all of a sudden, (thanks to that single with Kanye and Ne-Yo), Keri has the leverage to pick a target release date and hope it sticks. I’m hoping for more cuts like “I Like”, and maybe some pop-ish material the likes of what Keri and Danja did for Britney in 2007. Because, let’s be honest, Keri’s Urban material is nowhere near innovative. Not if she doesn’t approach it from a Pop perspective, like “The Way I Are”.

• January 17, 2010 at 7:14 am
    shelly-chelle says:

I see she’s takin advantage of beyonce’s 6 month break. #shade much? Either way she’ll flop as always at least she won’t have beyonce to blame for it and if she wants to stand out as an artist she needs to stop doing all these callabos. Can’t she sell a song on her own? Oop! i forgot she can’t cuz Keri don’t sell records.

• January 17, 2010 at 7:36 am
    TRUTH says:

HAS HER FIRST ALBUM EVEN HIT GOLD? YEA, VERY TRUE… PEEPS DOWNLOAD HER ALBUMS BUT DONT BUY. SUCKS FOR HER. HOPE SHE GETS SINGING LESSONS BEFORE RECORDING. JUST SAYIN.

• January 17, 2010 at 8:07 am
    Mone says:

I really want Keri to take her time and create an epic/stellar 2nd record! ‘In A Perfect World’ was a solid album, and I want her to have that same magic (if not better) for her 2nd release! I am hoping if she is just starting recording and they plan to have the record out by May, she comes with the business and not some rushed job of a record.

• January 17, 2010 at 8:26 am
    Ben says:

I’m gonna support Keri, while a lotta yall keep hatin.’ I don’t care about those comments she made about Bey last year, she be turnin it on.’ I’m sure there is tons of female artists out there that don’t like her, just front like they do. I just recently saw a new video by her called “I Like,” I’m unsure if that is her new single or not???

• January 17, 2010 at 8:51 am
    Lauren says:

wow lots of fools in here. ESPECIALLY SHELLY

• January 17, 2010 at 9:07 am
    Sammy says:

Keri yall gone flop. You always need to collaborate to get a hit, unlike cassie who got to the top by herself. Gets tips from Cassie please Keri. For the time being….p*** off, no one care about you h** ass b****.

• January 17, 2010 at 9:22 am
    Imperfect Angel says:

(Sighs) Still trying to hang in there huh Keri? Girl stop…i’m embarrassed for you babe. I mean even IF i do like ya new tracks i doubt i’ll buy it because in my opinion she sounds like she has a stomach ache singing and it just sounds SO forced because you can tell she is trying to sound s*** over the track but in reality it sounds REALLY painful BUT i will say Turning Me On and Knock Me Down she did sound really good on but the other tracks idk…….

• January 17, 2010 at 9:26 am
    dan says:

oh god, i cant read cassie anymore…

cassie is a nothing! she had 1 hit and a mediocre successful cd….thats it!
    her sophomore cd should have been released since two years and is still not!

no one wants to hear that whispering b****! they only want to wank while seeing her!

• January 17, 2010 at 9:38 am
    Parisian girl says:

Yes miss keri baby!!!u betta shut down the haters!
    I want this album now

• January 17, 2010 at 9:40 am
    Prince says:

i didnt buy her 1st album bcuz of the s*** she tried 2 pull comin 4 Queen Bey i hope she learned her lesson. I might buy her next album

• January 17, 2010 at 10:02 am
    Sammy says:

@ Dan. 1 hit?

She’s had many world smashes including Long Way 2 Go, Is It You, Official Girl, Must Be love and her soon to be smash Skydiver.
    And plenty of people do wank over her coz she’s so hot. Better than all these other rnb s**** who have no talent.

You better stop dissing my girl i swear.

• January 17, 2010 at 10:19 am
    Nick says:

u know I wanna like her, I think shes a sweet girl, talented, & her 1st album had good songs (I purchased them on iTunes), BUT when I met her @ a cd signing, HER PEOPLE WERE RUDE AS HECK, NO PICTURES, GET OFF THE STAGE UNLESS U BUY A CD?!?! BABY !!!! I wont diss her, BUT that made me be like-seriously?! SERIOUSLY ?!? WHO ARE U AGAIN?! …. baby ………….

• January 17, 2010 at 10:19 am
    Nicky says:

I’m sorry boo, but this will struggle to go gold and won’t sell overseas. Keri has not found her own lane. a rihanna look, a ciara swagger, and wanting beyonce success.
    taking shots at bey and cici turned people off!
    please get your own hit!

• January 17, 2010 at 11:02 am
    Sammy says:

Certified flop Keri, just go away. Make way for the new queen of Rnb & Soul…CASSIE. HELL YEAH

• January 17, 2010 at 11:13 am
    hihihihi says:

@carl

LIKE YOURT BABBY CIARA U MOTHERFUCKA

RIHANNA AND KERI FOR THIS YEAR

• January 17, 2010 at 11:48 am
    Dane says:

Next…tell this chick to head line her own tour and songs and then maybe I will check for her as….

• January 17, 2010 at 11:49 am
    ... says:

IMO the hottest song on her album was “alienated”, something that didn’t feature anybody

if she comes with that type of heat, this could be a great album

• January 17, 2010 at 12:39 pm
    delroy says:

i think that IN A PERFECT WORLD was a great album. People can hate all they want, for me Slow dance was and still is a big record for me and WHERE DID HE GO. Which i still think should of been a single, as for people that hate her, thats your call all i no is that i will be buying the Album.

• January 17, 2010 at 12:58 pm
    dan says:

oh sammy, you’re right, missed it….
    long way 2 go….no 97 billboard
    is it you….52 in the uk

the other “worldwide” smash hits, no chart position…
    single releases from electro love since 2008…and where is electro love…we have 2010 and it is…nowhere!

• January 17, 2010 at 1:08 pm
    rightround(U.S.A pride!- help HAITI!) says:

They REALLY mean that her album will be released in september of 2012. ok

• January 17, 2010 at 1:37 pm
    Sammy says:

Where the f*** are u other f****** cCassie fans to help me the f*** out here. God sake to many haters for one person to handle.

• January 17, 2010 at 2:00 pm
    Say what I wanna Say says:

Cassie has no fans and STELLY CHELLE needs a new ass hole to lick for 2010. beyonce took a six month break and so should you, you are f****** pathetic bish damn!

• January 17, 2010 at 2:37 pm
    Sammy says:

@saywhat i wanna say

Cassie done sold 895,000 copies of her smash self titled debut ‘Cassie’ and she gone do the same with her new hotly anticipated album ‘Electro Love’. From the figures I jsut mentioned it show that she has got fans. She go plenty of them on lock.

• January 17, 2010 at 2:43 pm
    SMH says:

lmao , aww poor keri baby stepped in the studio cus she heard ciara’s coming back to knock her down off the charts ? smh.. keri dont rush !! and i agree she does have a ciara swagger . its kinda sad tho …

• January 17, 2010 at 2:51 pm
    Sammy says:

@SMH

CASSIE shits on both Ciara’s and Keri crappy Swagger!!!

Check for Cassie’s hotly mega anticipated sophomore album ‘Electro Love’ out this year.

• January 17, 2010 at 3:09 pm
    number1k9 says:

I agree “Alienated” was the best track off the album, but she didn’t release it as a single, which she should have. it was more Pop then “Slow Dance.”

But Keri to me is just fake. her swag, her style, just everything. The thing that TURNED ME OFF was how when she was preparing to come out and all, she kept making it sound like she was supposed to get a chance at being a singer just because she was a songwriter. That doesn’t guarantee you the right to be a pop star, just cause you have written songs for some of the biggest names, PLEASE!

When Keri Hilson can get a Top 5 single with just herself on the track, on the Billboard Hot 100 for more than just an initial DL week, I’ll then be like, OK she’s not riding off her features coat tails.

@number1k9

• January 17, 2010 at 4:26 pm
    sosicc_witswagga says:

Y THE HATING ON CASSIE TALKIN BOUT SHE DONT HAVE NO FANS I HAPPEN TO BE A BIG FAN OF CASSIE AND HER MUSIC I BOUGHT HER FIRST ALBUM YES WENT IT TO THE STORE AND PURCHASED IT SO DONT SAY CASSIE AINT GOT NO FANS CUZ SHE GOT PLENTY OF EM TRUST N BELIEVE DAT I FOR ONE WILL BE BUYING CASSIE CD WHEN IT HIT THE STORES…..

• January 17, 2010 at 4:27 pm
    sosicc_witswagga says:

CASSIE DOES GOT THAT s*** SWAG THAS FOR SURE SAMMY AINT LYIN BOUT DAT….

• January 17, 2010 at 4:32 pm
    sosicc_witswagga says:

IM SICK IN TIRED OF YALL DOWNING CASSIE JUS CUS SHE HAD A COUPLE OF THE 106 N PARK PERFORMANCE HOW LONG AGO WAS THAT SHE MORE DEN MADE UP FOR IT I TRULY DO BELIEVE IF SHE WAS IN RIHANNA POSITION MEANING IF SHE WAS SIGNED TO DEF JAM AND RIHANA WAS SIGNED TO BAD BOY IT WOULD BE A TOTALLY DIFFERENT SITUATION TRUST I MEAN LOOK AT IT SHE GOT JAY Z ON HER TEAM AND WHO CASSIE GOT PUFF DADDY BUT NONE OF THE LESS CASSIE IS DOING HER THANG AND SHE HAS PLENTY OF DIE HARD FANS AROUND THE WORLD SO STOP HATING ON CASSIE SHE MAY NOT BE THE GREATEST OF A SINGER BUT SHE CAN HOLD HER OWN I MEAN LOOK AT RIHANNA..

• January 17, 2010 at 4:53 pm
    Sammy says:

@SOSICC_WITSWAGGA

Now dats what I’m talking. He done put you Cassie haters in yo place. Everything you said is that truth. You people need to realise that Cassie does have fans who will buy her records.

• January 17, 2010 at 4:53 pm
    deleteriousdee says:

Damn, I didn’t expect the topic to blow up like this… Keri got mad haters. All I need from Keri is one or two hot songs with Danja producing. Cassie’s already beating her on this one.

• January 17, 2010 at 5:19 pm
    Sammy says:

@DELETERIOSDEE

Damn right, Cassie also beating every other RnB h** out there with her hotly new anticipated album ‘Electro Love’ out this year.

• January 17, 2010 at 5:42 pm
    Lost0nesz says:

keri 1st album went gold n dats all im goin 2 say

• January 17, 2010 at 7:03 pm
    вeяячℓiσuѕ вeα says:

going to check out her album out and Ciara album out too

• January 17, 2010 at 7:13 pm
    Sammy says:

@ВEЯЯЧℓIΣUЅ ВEΑ

Why check for the 2 s**** albums when cassies 2nd hotly anticipated album Electro Live is hitting stores this year? It will s*** on these hoes albums.

• January 17, 2010 at 11:42 pm
    Bemusedchicken says:

keri is the s***. if people are hating..you are doing something right.

keri is best when she sits back and chills. she exudes easygoing sexuality.

PLEASE. Cassie had one hit….cause she was on diddys hotdog!

keri WROTE hits for britney and pussycat dolls. she can do things other than look pretty for diddy. she can sing and write her own s***. keri, i am behind you. kill em please.

• January 17, 2010 at 11:51 pm
    Truth Hurts says:

YESSS!!!!! I love KERI!! Fall back jealous haters!! She is NOT thinking about Beyawnce slutty self. Go back to licking her ass and worshiping her. I loved Keri’s last album. Make Love was one of my favorite songs!!! She has a lot of un released songs I like also. I know her album will be great AGAIN!!! I like REAL music! Not people that’s trying to cross over and cater to the white people. Everybody isn’t phony/ a sell out!

• January 18, 2010 at 5:34 am
    Ash Jones says:

why was my comment deleted?

• January 18, 2010 at 7:47 am
    вeяячℓiσuѕ вeα says:

@SAMMY they are not s*** they have more respect towards themselves than cassie will ever have taking those picz

• January 18, 2010 at 4:02 pm
    Sele says:

keri’s album was certified Gold by the RIAA, so please get your facts straight before talking trash. there’s room for everyone, so stop comparing!!!

• January 18, 2010 at 6:05 pm
    uberVU - social comments says:

Social comments and analytics for this post…

This post was mentioned on Twitter by thatgrapejuice: Keri Hilson Targets May 31st As New Album Release Date http://bit.ly/4AL3wr

• January 18, 2010 at 7:37 pm
    Sammy says:

@SELE

Cassie album be certified platinum. that beats Keri, so floppy FAIL>

• January 18, 2010 at 7:42 pm
    SMH says:

Cassie got no talent..that bish got fuokin lucky with her first album..her album was mediocre at best..she’s tryin her hardest to stay off irrelevancy island yo..mad females n the music industry got way more talent then her..s*** even Rihanna got more o(.^_^.)o

• February 10, 2010 at 6:02 pm
    lover says:

most beautiful girl in the world!!!!

• February 15, 2010 at 9:20 am
    todd says:

keri hilson haters are beyonce ciara and rihanna fans and i’m so sickof beyonce and rihanna the most. keri is better too me her cd is fire!!!!!!!!!!! keri hilson can dance better than beyonce for sure

[…] :: Keri Hilson hopes to have her sophomore album in stores by Memorial Day weekend. [That Grape Juice] […]