Welcome to the new ThatGrapeJuice.net

Toni Braxton’s ‘Pulse’ Pushed Back – Again

toni3 Toni Braxtons Pulse Pushed Back   Again

Toni Braxton‘s serially delayed LP ‘Pulse’ has been pushed back yet again. According to Amazon, the record, which was originally slated to hit stores  earlier last year, will now be released (provided it doesn’t get delayed again) on May 4th. The album will serve as Toni’s first release on new label Atlantic Records.

It’s quite sad to see Toni’s project being dealt blow after blow like this. While the reason for the delay is unknown, one thing that is a near certainty is that should she not drop a hit prior to the album’s release, it’ll likely be curtains for the whole album. After all, we’ve seen it time and time again; albums getting pushed back so much that when they do finally hit stores no one cares. Here’s hoping things work out for Ms. Braxton.

Randomness: I’d be lying if I said I was actually feeling much of the material I’ve heard from ‘Pulse’ thus far; however the brilliance that was her last album ‘Libra’ has me optimistic that she can still serve up the hotness.

• January 21, 2010 at 7:10 pm
    cedric says:

You said you don’t know the reason for the pushback but you stated it in your statement. Yesterday is not a hit. It would be suicide to release this album when Mo, Tasia, Sade, Aggie, J-L all your favs are dropping albums around the same time.

I just think that her time has passed. i hope she does well but unless she gets a hit and some high profile promo, she’ll just be a 1st tier Deborah Cox.

• January 21, 2010 at 7:19 pm
    TRUTH says:

WHO CARESSS, NEXT! OOPS, I GUESS THAT’S THE REASON FOR THE PUSH BACK. JUST SAYIN. ;)

• January 21, 2010 at 7:40 pm
    ... says:

i think libra was really overrated.
    just sayin’.

not big on “yesterday” but i could see this project being really good.
    i’ve enjoyed most of the material leaked.

• January 21, 2010 at 7:55 pm
    GeeMan says:

Sad to hear what’s going with Toni”s latest project but truthfully speaking this project has no buzz and Toni”s buzz has been little to none since the beginning of the last decade during the heat era. Hopefully things smooth out.

• January 21, 2010 at 8:14 pm
    cvt says:

WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I HAVE HEARD SEVERAL SONGS THAT WERE TO BE ON HER ALBUM, AND HAVE LOVED ALL OF THEM.. THE ONLY THING THAT I WLLSAY IS THAT I WANT TO HEAR TONI SING THE WAY TAT SHE SUNG ON HER FIRST ALBUM.. I WAT T HEAR TNI BLOW THE WAY THAT WE KNOW HAT SHE CAN

• January 21, 2010 at 8:20 pm
    ATLBABY says:

Well that’s the way the cookie crumbles these days. Gone are the days when you got a single and then EAGERLY anticipated the rest of the album. Now you announce a release date and then two weeks later the entire album leaks all over the net. Too many songs leaked….I also think it’s a shame that we complain soooo much the state of the music industry, yet when a consistent SOLID Veteran releases and album we don’t support it. SHAME. I’ll support Toni all the way, but the best thing for her to do is either get out and promote “Yesterday” or move on to the next single and promote that one! Yesterday has didn’t tank. It did well on Urban AC, she just needs that PUSH!

• January 21, 2010 at 9:13 pm
    B. Mike says:

NOOOOOOO! I need my Toni B! :(

• January 21, 2010 at 10:02 pm
    Joel, Jamaica says:

YOU KNOW WHAT, I LOOOOOOVE TONI BRAXTON AND I LOVE HER NEW SONG “YESTERDAY” THEY ARE JUST GIVING IT MORE TIME TO DO IT RIGHT…
    ROCK ON TONI-B 2010 IS THE YEAR FOR YOUR BIG DIVA COMEBACK

• January 21, 2010 at 10:54 pm
    Fatima says:

I will buy it if any of the songs are like that “Melt (Like an Iceberg)” song that leaked about a year ago.

• January 22, 2010 at 1:26 am
    hihihihi says:

GIMMICKY BLOG

WITHOUT RIHANNA YOU WOULD BE NOTHING

• January 22, 2010 at 1:28 am
    mez says:

lol another real Singer with a pre release flop…where Rihannna when you need her!

• January 22, 2010 at 2:05 am
    RIHANNALUVA says:

hahah totally agree with HIIHIHI and MEZ, THIS SITE IS s*** WITHOUT RIHANNA, AND TONI IS SUCH A VOCALIST BUT SELLS NADA!! AHHA HILARITY!

• January 22, 2010 at 8:00 am
    BitchBooBYE says:

Toni Braxton has sold 50 million WW , won numerous awards including 6 grammy’s.
    Rihanna will never be as amazing as Toni Braxton. NEVER! Rihanna is a puppet so don’t compare that alien, jughead b**** to Toni Braxton because shes a legend.
    Only reason she decided to pushback her album because the whole album leaked. Shes recording new tracks.

• January 22, 2010 at 8:11 am
    Kyle says:

For what it’s worth, it was always their plan to release two singles before the album dropped… unfortunately it sounds like a CYA before the flop move, but I just hope they push the next single. Yesterday ended up faring just about as well as Please did, and I worry that the next single will do no better than Trippin.

• January 22, 2010 at 11:23 am
    AREIS says:

she is so yesterday….she even said if for her self, she’s better off relaxing getting that plastic surgery to look right .

• January 22, 2010 at 6:55 pm
    Derek says:

I love Toni and the reason for the new date is the leaks, I bet shes recording new material because theres already like 16 leaks…and for who doesnt know, Yesterday wasnt just a hit, it was a international hit! (check tehcharts)! Rock out Toni

• January 22, 2010 at 9:42 pm
    SparkD says:

Again who isa branding Toni?

• January 23, 2010 at 5:09 am
    Demon says:

I think, pushing back is best they can do…
    Album will flop hardly if there’re no hits…
    but all leaks from are not hits, but sometimes not bad songs

• January 24, 2010 at 2:25 pm
    ash says:

referring to her to deborah cox is such a bad comparison, Toni has won grammies and even scored countless no.1′s. shes a true star that belongs in the realm of Janet, whitney, etc whereas miss cox is like a mya, christina milian etc…
    Toni needs a good hit and good promotion, the music entertainment sucks ass as no longer are real artists appreciated, its about who has the right game. so far Toni needs something big.
    but GO TONI.

• January 28, 2010 at 12:02 pm
    ell says:

I cannot believe this !! the record label are really taking the piss with this release —
    how anyone can say they not feelin the tracks thus far!! have u got youtube!! Yesterday IS a Hit and will be an even bigger one in the UK when it eventually gets released (original not trey songz version) Im really pissed and feel sorry for Toni as this has been more or less ready since 2008!! I love the songs that ive heard from this album (Melt is just pure perfection and should have been the lead single back in 2008 when it was first leaked + Not a chance & I hate love – both amazing!!) I personally think that Music is general has lost its way (being able to download future singles from albums before they get an official release?? no one even notices when they do get released. Record labels seem to have forgotten how to do their jobs!! 1 – release a single 2 – follow it with an album and stick to one release date!!! SIMPLE. Im praying this gets a UK release, Yesterday will be huge here:)

• February 3, 2010 at 4:59 pm
    Ross says:

Yesterday is scheduled to be released in the UK on the 22nd Feb, It already has so much buzz over here I am amazed, I have kids 15 – 18 asking me (a major Toni fan) if I have heard Toni’s new track Yesterday and that it is brilliant! Bless them that they only are hearing of Toni now and not when she was at her high! lol

But I have a feeling Yesterday will be big here as well as her follow up single Woman which comes out in May over here.