shares

With her upcoming untitled LP set for a July 13th release, many of Fantasia’s fans are wondering about what type of sound to expect on the record. In response to that speculation, songwriter Rico Love has divulged to Rap-Up.com that he intends to bring out the energetic entertainer’s “sexy” side. Check out what Love had to say about the project below:

“Fantasia and I did four records together,” he tells Rap-Up.com. “I wanted to make sexy records for Fantasia. I wanted to show people her seductive side. I think we did some really, really strong records.”

The ‘Hey Daddy’ songwriter, who’s worked with everyone from Beyoncé to Shakira, says Fantasia was on his wish list of collaborators. “It was my dream. Fantasia is a great vocalist, one of the greatest I’ve ever worked with.”

The recording process was a breeze. “Literally we were cutting songs in 45 minutes ’cause she would just nail the vibe,” he explains. “Anything I wanted her to sing, she sings it.” {Source}

When it comes to Fantasia, the word ‘sexy’ is not one of the first terms to come to mind. In fact, her explosive energy and raw vocal delivery probably take people to church rather than to the bedroom. However, given her raspy vocal texture, a more sultry approach is definitely something that Fantasia can easily perform.

With tracks such as ‘Bittersweet’ and ‘Even Angels’ on the record, it looks like this album may be one of the strongest R&B offerings of the year; catering to a wide array of listeners. Besides, unlike some of the other artists that Love is currently working with, sex certainly isn’t the only thing that Fantasia has to offer.

Thoughts?

shares

1. May 3, 2010 at 5:11 pm
    vanb says:

Besides, unlike some of the other artists that Love is currently working with, s** certainly isn’t the only thing that Fantasia has to offer.
    _______________________________________________________________________

LOL! Oh Trent, i knew u would throw a lil something in there :) I love TGJ, always keeping it real

2. May 3, 2010 at 5:13 pm
    Topman says:

Just came back from her concert at the indigo2, I swear it changed my life, she’s the Tina Turner/Patti Labelle of her generation, that voice is supernatural and her energy is unreal

3. May 3, 2010 at 5:19 pm
    Phabian says:

I am so ready for Momma Fanny…Roll on JULY!

4. May 3, 2010 at 5:43 pm
    toya says:

If fantasia is showing her sexier side,as a straight man IM RUNNING THE OTHER AWAY!

5. May 3, 2010 at 5:46 pm
    brotha1461 says:

Man I can’t wait I need this cd now ..Fantasia this your year babygirl..

6. May 3, 2010 at 5:52 pm
    The Truth says:

Ohhh Trent the irony in your posts LOVE IT.

Yes Fantasia can deliver just about anything thrown at her. Bring it onnnnn.

7. May 3, 2010 at 6:05 pm
    Keshia says:

You all are telling the truth because Fantasia is one of the bests out in today entertainment but people dont give her the credit she deserve because of her past but thats all dead and gone and its time to move on cause she is not going anywhere but Fantasia has always got my support on everything she does but i couldnt make it to London because im in the USA LOl but i will buy the album and for people who are not Fantasia fans jus go out and buy it and listen i betcha u will become her next fan !! Love u Fantassia and wish u the most support this year as u drop your 3rd album……

8. May 3, 2010 at 6:11 pm
    Ghetto Fab says:

Go Tasia! I love Fantasia and have been rooting for her since she was on Idol, making calls religiously. But she’s gotta get her stuff together. First they can start with her image. She should stop with the Family reality show. I don’t want her to end up like another Keisha Cole and her ghetto ass family. It should be all about the music. Release great music, a great album, and give some fire performances! I’m rooting for her.

BTW I still don’t approve of that picture with the lint roller behind her head lmao

9. May 3, 2010 at 7:04 pm
    geronimo says:

here comes the home wrecker tasia……………. please join alicia keys

10. May 3, 2010 at 7:20 pm
    brotha1461 says:

Get em Fantasia all the haters get em babygirl…Hit em hard tasia you gotta work!!!!!

11. May 3, 2010 at 10:29 pm
    Pharis says:

When all else fails, so ‘em a little p*ssy. Desperate much?

I think this is a daft move. Concerning Fantasia, s** is at the bottom of the list with re-carpeting the bathroom and cleaning the septic tank….you just don’t want to go there.

12. May 3, 2010 at 11:23 pm
    Paris says:

YESSSSS

Keep on hating haters!

So ready for Fantasia’s new album.

I just hope the songs have better production than Bittersweet. Sorry me no like the production on that song. Whoever produced it gave her some sloppy left overs from another song. Although the words are beautiful and she sings it well.

13. May 4, 2010 at 5:18 am
    MrIncredible says:

I look forward to Fantasia’s album but nothing I’ve heard thus far has been even remotely ear-catching. She needs to get her image together bc lets face it, its lacking.

14. Vote

[…] This post was mentioned on Twitter by Sam GrapeJuice, Sam GrapeJuice, K.E.M.P., Natasha K, krystle green and others. krystle green said: Rico Love Talks About Fantasia’s New Album: “I Wanted To Show People Her Seductive Side” http://thatgrapejuice.net/?p=13567 […]

15. May 4, 2010 at 7:03 am
    stan says:

her marketing team needs to be replaced.

16. May 4, 2010 at 8:42 am
    brotha1461 says:

Most of the new stuff this cd is killer can’t wait for it..You know my girl is the truth…

17. May 4, 2010 at 11:03 am
    ThatsMyChrissyPoo! says:

Can’t Wait..

18. May 4, 2010 at 11:24 am
    HUSHBITCH says:

UHH FANTASIA #SITYOASSDOWN WITH YOU FUGLY SELF!

AINT NO1 WANT YOU IN LONDON!

19. May 4, 2010 at 4:52 pm
    Kenya says:

@HUSHBITCH

You need to sit your ignorant ass down. In case you didn’t know (which is obvious), Londoners came out in huge numbers to see Miss Barrino shut it shown.

You need to take your miserable ass back to your living quarters in your grandmother’s basement!

20. May 4, 2010 at 8:39 pm
    Michealon says:

I loves me some Fantasia Im very sure that she shut it down in London.. Im so glad that her dream came true and to all the haters.. She is gonna be an international performer .. Get over it… Nothing but love for you Tasia.. i will always support you 100%

21. May 7, 2010 at 7:59 am
    blackbeautyanddiva says:

fu’k all you fantasia haters….fantasia is a beatuful sista with darkskinned black features that are very attractive….fukk all you white washed punks…..fantasia will shut anybody down currently in the music game…and its a damn shame that yall want support true music based on rumors and the hatred of her black beautiful bold looks….

white washed fa+gots