New Song: Michael Jackson – ‘Monster (ft. 50 Cent)’

MICHAEL COVER 1023x1016 New Song: Michael Jackson   Monster (ft. 50 Cent)

Michael Jackson and 50 Cent‘s much anticipated collaboration ‘Monster’ surfaced a few moments ago. Take a listen to the Teddy Riley produced cut, which features on Jackson’s first posthumous LP ‘Michael’, below…

Via Soul Culture:

Great track! The funky cut encompasses all that we’ve come to love from a Michael Jackson release – from his trademark “isms”, to the exquisite production, to the lyrics which are uniquely abstract. More than anything, ‘Monster’ manages to do the aforementioned without sounding dated. Rest his soul, this instead is very much the music Michael Jackson should be making in 2010.

As for the 50 Cent feature, Ol’ Curtis is surprisingly one of track’s highlights!

• December 6, 2010 at 5:14 pm
    Auntie Jackie says:

Are you on something Sam?

That is NOT MJ’s voice.

• December 6, 2010 at 5:16 pm
    amar says:

file not found when i click play

• December 6, 2010 at 5:19 pm
    royalkev says:

It’s not bad… I feel like it’s MJ and then on some parts, I’m wondering who is the guy singing. This is odd. Never experience anything like this before!

• December 6, 2010 at 5:19 pm
    GangsterA says:

i love it dope beat i even liked 50 cent on it i tought it was a bad idea to featurte 50 cent but i loved him on it

• December 6, 2010 at 5:24 pm
    yea says:

love the beat but i dont think its mj

• December 6, 2010 at 5:25 pm
    Kijano says:

Not bad at all !!

• December 6, 2010 at 5:26 pm
    SargeWP says:

50 Cent came extra hard *Pause* Lmao

• December 6, 2010 at 5:32 pm
    Realtalk 101 says:

Love the beat, fif did his thing also but I would’ve love to hear Quincy Jones arrangements over this beat. Can you imagine Q’s musicality over this beat? The horn section would be outta here. Still hot though.

• December 6, 2010 at 5:34 pm
    UGh says:

I love MJ and i love this track. 50 actually didn’t sound bad. I’m no longer pissed off.

• December 6, 2010 at 5:34 pm
    ~aMaZiNG.Lee~ says:

I agree @RoyalKev. Sometimes it sounds like him and sometimes it doesn’t. Especially toward the end when he starts grunting the lyrics, like putting that “Michael Emphasis” on the lyrics. I honestly think they used an unmastered version of Michael singing this as a refrence track for the fraud to sing over and mimick his style of singing.

Not gonna lie, though, the production is amazing! Teddy Riley always makes songs that fit very well with Michael’s musical style and modernizes it.

I’m confused and a bit frightened by this whole thing. I don’t know, it just seems a bit creepy. I knew this was a bad idea from the jump. I was very apprehensive about listening to any of this new material, and I’m quite upset that I did. But I wasn’t disappointed at all by “Hold My Hand” because it was a “Michael Message” and it was ACTUALLY his voice on the track. But I don’t think I’ll be listening to anymore of PHONY’S, I mean, SONY’S foolishness.

• December 6, 2010 at 5:42 pm
    monster says:

looks like i’m the only one who got addicted to this song!! i love it, i think it’s actuallly better than the whole ‘invisible’ combined!!

• December 6, 2010 at 5:44 pm
    Major says:

Im a HUGE Michael fan, It doesnt sound like Michael at all, His vocal were WAY more powerful that this, although the track is hot, US true MJ fans know thats not his voice . . .come on now Sony did you really think we were gonna go for it?, I mean they got they ad libs on point, but it sound like one of the Debarge Brothers doing this as opposed to Michael. If Michael had actually sang this song, it would have been a problem for they Trey Songz, Chris Browns, of the world.

• December 6, 2010 at 5:51 pm
    cw says:

I kinda like it.

• December 6, 2010 at 5:57 pm
    jewelz says:

it was surprisingly good! however, I think they should give MJ a rest. He has proved himself as an artist and I feel anything coming out now related to MJ is just for profit to be honest.

• December 6, 2010 at 5:58 pm
    royalkev says:

@ Amazing Lee, I was thinking that it could have been a reference track mixed in with someone who mimics him well. I believe it’s tampered with, MJ might sing certain lines that aren’t totally usable and perhaps the imposter steps in does parts that aren’t finished. It’s fused in there and that’s probably why it’s hard to tell what’s going on. It’s very disheartening to think that anyone would set up a fraud like this. I just don’t know what to say about it, because you really don’t want this to happen to your fav’s(or anyone for that matter) legacy.

• December 6, 2010 at 6:06 pm
    salz says:

first akon, now 50 cent, y didn’t he want to work with legends instead of these mediocore artists??

• December 6, 2010 at 6:06 pm
    elliz79 says:

Can they just leave micheal alone?!?! this song would have been so much better without 50 cent. If MJ was still alive i dont think he’d do a song with 50.

• December 6, 2010 at 6:11 pm
    r2zv2n says:

this SALZ guy :( daamn you are too small for this world boy ;) the song is very good! HIT

• December 6, 2010 at 6:13 pm
    Lissa says:

Just like Breaking News, this doesn’t really sound like MJ voice sometimes :(

I don’t like all those ‘HA!’ doesn’t really sound like MJ

This another Cascio track?

50 Cent sounds different here than he normally does too though!

PS. Did 50 Cent ”Run tell the King is risen”???

• December 6, 2010 at 6:17 pm
    Lissa says:

some ppl may be surprised what music mj liked.

remember he had Notorious B.I.G on Invincible..

• December 6, 2010 at 6:18 pm
    r2zv2n says:

man to many 50 haters :) the dude is everywhere now, on michael album on cinamas :)) why the hate? 50 is a true hip-hop artist, all this other rappers little wayne:)) drake, j cole, waka flocka are just to small man ;) this rappers will come and go, 50 will be here forever, so deal with it!

• December 6, 2010 at 6:19 pm
    moon says:

some ppl may be surprised what music mj liked.

remember he had Notorious B.I.G on Invincible..

• December 6, 2010 at 6:20 pm
    moon says:

quote – elliz79 , there are media stories from 2006/2007 about MJ wantin to work with 50 Cent..

some ppl may be surprised what music mj liked.

remember he had Notorious B.I.G on Invincible.. -quote

————-

YES BUT BIGGIE WAS BETTER THAN THIS!

• December 6, 2010 at 6:22 pm
    STONASH7 says:

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!MOSTER MJ FT @50CENT IS A MONSTER SONG!! I LITERALLY RUN OUTTA MY HOUSE WHEN I HEARD THE FULL VERSION!!PRAISE THE MUSIC GOD

• December 6, 2010 at 6:23 pm
    DUNKFAN says:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=196Ycla-IBs 2000 watts proves that Michael has different layers to his voice, Mike can go very high and low as well.

Yall need to understand that some tracks are Demos turn into songs.

• December 6, 2010 at 6:23 pm
    spunkypoop says:

THIS IS MIXED WITH HIM AND A f****** FAKE! SONY will ROTT IN HELL FOR THIS!

• December 6, 2010 at 6:30 pm
    Destiny's Trash says:

Eww black trash track.

This should be put to rest!

• December 6, 2010 at 6:31 pm
    Destiny's Trash says:

they should all go to the zoo where black s*** faces rule.

• December 6, 2010 at 6:50 pm
    Robier says:

f*** that bitter ape 50 cents…. Mj or the fake Mj voice makes the song

• December 6, 2010 at 7:29 pm
    CG GIRL says:

Love it! It sounds like him! I will burn some tracks.

• December 6, 2010 at 8:28 pm
    Nina Bies says:

This IS NOT MICHAEL !

Maybe parts of it…but come on, you are fans like me – you have to know michaels voice!
    Espacially the Chorus and the Vers..you hear it – it’s not him. GODDAMNED !

Why ….

• December 6, 2010 at 8:29 pm
    WorldWideWaddie.com says:

I really like the track. 50 Cent’s cameo was really good. The beat was hot, and finally, it didn’t sound dated. Michael’s vocals should have sounded stronger, so I wouldn’t be surprised if it wasn’t him on it, but oh well. It’s a Michael song, and I love it!

• December 6, 2010 at 8:29 pm
    tcorfman says:

Not Mikes Voice??? YEAH OK!!! not mikes in the 80s yeah no its not mikes voice Late 90s mid 2000s YES IT IS I HATE STUPID PEOPLE LIKE THIS!!

• December 6, 2010 at 8:47 pm
    june says:

Love it! 50 cent! “tombstones – I ain’t kiddin- go tell the king has risen – 2010 – nothin less than a thriller!” Couldn’t agree more! This is the music MJ is making in 2010. The Man is alive – get a clue people – the truth is everywhere. MJ I hope you have the media trembling with fear right now, haunting them, the way they haunted you. Long Live The King!

wildman Replied:

amen

• December 6, 2010 at 9:04 pm
    bips says:

i don’t know what to think about it …i’m a fan of mike since the age of 5 i know every single song of this man and i must say that this one confused me …..it doesn’t sound like him …..must like an imitator…..the song with akon was mike but this one ….time will tell it will be the first time that i’ll wait to buy a mjj album!!!!

• December 6, 2010 at 9:23 pm
    sarina says:

I LOVE MICHAEL! I MISS HIM DEARLY! TRACK IS HOT!

• December 6, 2010 at 9:35 pm
    True Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Blue says:

Nice song BUT, was 50 Cent on the track before or after Michael died? Cause I have a hard time believing that he would actually want to collaborate with 50.

• December 6, 2010 at 9:36 pm
    True Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Blue says:

@ r2zv2n:

50 is just as bad as all the rappers you just named. “True hip-hop” my ass.

• December 7, 2010 at 12:20 am
    Daniel says:

This is the best music, micheal jackson music, his ever made!

• December 7, 2010 at 12:24 am
    Rebecca says:

I’m sorry but this song sounds like crap. The beat sounds a bit outdated and I doubt that MJ would ever record music with a thug like 50 cent. Sony needs to stop being money hungry and give it a rest already.

• December 7, 2010 at 12:39 am
    J rod says:

Just watched Opera, and the interview with the “secret family” of Michael that finally came out, and it so happens that one of the sons of the family recorded with Michael before he passed on in a closet with home recording equipment. And the end of the show, producers have in fact tested and reviewed the recording (songs on “Michael album”) which is in fact Michael himself… Enjoy and dont get you words or ears twisted, this is in FACT Michaels final pieces of work…

• December 7, 2010 at 4:35 am
    BENJAMIN says:

This is NOT MJ.

• December 7, 2010 at 4:40 pm
    lisa says:

THIS SONG IS TERRIBLE!

• December 7, 2010 at 7:49 pm
    Adam says:

Oh do f*** OFF! This is so obviously not MJ.

• December 8, 2010 at 1:15 pm
    Chippy says:

Ok, this is obviously mixed over with a dude that ain’t MJ

• December 8, 2010 at 1:34 pm
    ヅ•·.·´¯`·.·•-ΛalexisR-♩ ♪ ♫ ♬ ★ ☆ ✰ T.I.P.•·.·´¯`·.·•ヅ says:

I selected Hit however parts of this song are not him. HIs vibrato is way off on the longer notes. I don’t know. His voice is definitely on parts of the track but the whole thing isn’t him. And all that extra stuff during 50′s verse didn’t seem like it was the way MJ would do it.

• December 8, 2010 at 5:05 pm
    Treey says:

Seriously, if this is the comeback album…..videos of the studio session will come right ? just waiting for it because except this one (which is clearly a MJ song but just a demo track from him with another guy singing over him) and hold my hand which was recorded years ago when he was alive and talked about it himself the other songs are clearly not his…..money money money…..waiting for at least one video of the studio session!

• December 9, 2010 at 2:19 am
    migz says:

it might be MJ in some parts and electronic pitch simulation in others, basically the whole album is very poor compared to MJ music or even other top hits.. No unique beat or tune, MJ signature background sounds are overly distributed.. Trying to make tracks popular by featuring Akon and 50 cent but even these two great artists sound very poor as well.. MJ is usually very peculiar choosing every single song, he doesn’t just shove average songs to market.. This album should never be associated with MJ name

• December 9, 2010 at 4:09 am
    gurl says:

best song eva

• December 10, 2010 at 4:15 am
    Trig says:

Awesome song. Loved it the 1st time I heard it. Sounds like Michael to me.

• January 17, 2011 at 4:49 pm
    ImaMonster Ha ha ha says:

This was made in 2007. MICHAEL JACKSON WAS STILL ALIVE AND DOING WELL.. You people are dumb f**** even his family said he did this song, If you don’t think its him or believe his family, Then why don’t you get your asses out of the comments section and off the website. Lol. Like Seriously just shut up. This Is Michael Jackson. Damn it.