Aaliyah: One In a Million

shares
What's This?

{Image Removed As Requested}

Today marks the 10th anniversary of the untimely passing of R&B starlet Aaliyah.  Introduced as R&B ringleader R. Kelly‘s protege at the young age of 14, the Detroit native precedented an R&B teen movement, leading the way for fellow female divas-in-training Brandy and Monica to share chart success.  By the time she reached sweet 17 the ‘Hot Like Fire’ singer’s rise to prominence was imminent as she turned up the heat in her videos and on the charts.  With then-little-known super-producer team Timbaland and Missy Elliott at the helm lacing the accompaniment for her angelic falsetto, Aaliyah found herself in a league of her own with substance, sass, and style.

Just two multi-platinum albums, a host of hit singles, and the respect of her peers, the millennium’s end saw the ‘Journey to the Past’ singer’s journey really just beginning as, at the ripe age of 21, she’d already more accomplished than many musicians achieve their whole careers.  And, after an extended break, the pressure was on to see if the singer could match her 90s success.

Enter ‘Aaliyah’ – her self-titled 3rd album.  Preceded by the #1 single ‘Try Again’, the singer was about to do just that in a whole new way.  ‘At her best’ indeed; sophisticated lyrics, ‘grown woman’ sexy, while staying true to her signature sound, the new millennium was introduced to a new Aaliyah.  And, fans’ embrace was immediately evident.

With the album’s lead single ‘We Need A Resolution’ making a splash on the charts and its successor ‘More Than A Woman’ completed and ready for take off, Aaliyah thought to make a splash herself and took off to the Bahamas to shoot the visual for island-groove ‘Rock the Boat’.  Joined by BET’s ‘Access Granted’, the usually private starlet let fans into see the makings of what was sure to be her next hit on the charts…

We all know the story from there.  None of us would’ve guessed it would’ve been our last time seeing Miss Haughton.  And, to say a void has been left in music since her departure, specifically Urban Pop, is unquestionable.  While we’ve seen some come close, those who grew up with and love her music know there is no duplication.

She was ‘One In a Million’ indeed.

BET’s ‘Aaliyah: One In A Million’, featuring an all-star cast of contributors,  will air tonight, August 25th at 8pm ET.

shares
What's This?

1. August 25, 2011 at 10:42 am
    JJfan1814 says:

I remember this unfortunate day. R.I.P. Aaliyah, I Miss You.

2. August 25, 2011 at 10:43 am
    JOHN says:

MISS YOU AALIYAH!!!!!!!!

3. August 25, 2011 at 10:48 am
    onyx says:

I remember that day i was in shock, R.I.P. Aaliyah.

4. August 25, 2011 at 10:51 am
    Nichole says:

I remember watching the behind the scenes filming of RTB back in 2001(one of my faves by Liyah,) as Hype W. was filming the under water scene and Aaliyah looked both pure and beautiful.

I miiiissssss her. God rest and I’m sure she’s in heaven where she belongs. xoxoxo

Follow me @music_me84. I’ll follow back.

5. August 25, 2011 at 10:54 am
    Bey Fan... says:

Baby girl…gone but we be remember for a lifetime…..

6. August 25, 2011 at 11:00 am
    IS†ANN4GAGA says:

:cry: :cry: :cry:

but really,That was horrible what happend(right along with Left eye). :(

7. August 25, 2011 at 11:05 am
    Justathought says:

It’s even more unfortunate that it could have been avoided. Her presence is truly missed. She is a perfect example of what beauty was inside and out. RIP

8. August 25, 2011 at 11:07 am
    Misfit says:

We miss you baby girl, Liyah!

P.s. Here’s hoping this post stays classy, unlike the last one about her.

*Sigh*

9. August 25, 2011 at 11:07 am
    Aaliyah was truly one in a million (queenbey) says:

:cry: :cry:

10. August 25, 2011 at 11:09 am
    pop royalty (MUSIC OF THE SUN) says:

:cry:

she was so sweet !

11. August 25, 2011 at 11:12 am
    Aaliyah was truly one in a million (queenbey) says:

Aaliyah was truly before her time……

Her songs and videos are still relevant to this day…..

She was so sweet and humble in her interviews……

:cry:

12. August 25, 2011 at 11:12 am
    ヅ•·.·´¯`·.·•-ΛALEXISR-BAHAMAS♩ ♪ ♫ ♬ ★ ☆ ✰ T.I.P.•·.·´¯`·.·•ヅ says:

Much Love! R.I.P!!!

13. August 25, 2011 at 11:17 am
    Aaliyah was truly one in a million (queenbey) says:

And she was so beautiful…. She really reminded U of an angel

14. August 25, 2011 at 11:19 am
    ASAP (As Sincere As Possible) says:

I love Aaliyah and I wish she was here today.Her career was short but extraordinary and she delivered some true urban classics.The sad thing is that she was just about to dominate.Her image was evolving, her music was becoming more experimental (trip hop influences in her 3rd album- just WOW) and her videos were developping and becoming even slicker.I will always remember her and her music and legacy will live on.May her soul rest in peace…

15. August 25, 2011 at 11:19 am
    Matty says:

I remember purchasing her ‘Aaliyah’ the day before she died … it was so shocking! She was the first Pop-Star I knew and was attached too that died before her time!!

This girl kept Climbing!! Her Music, films … Remember she was also suppose to be in the Matrix Sequels … R.I.P Aaliyah … You were ahead of your time and are a Legend of R&B.

16. August 25, 2011 at 11:21 am
    YEABEY LOVES AALIYAH! says:

I LOVE HER SO MUCH! I truly Miss Her
    I was like 4 when her songs were out but I grew up with them… :cry:

AALIYAH’s DEATH made me realize how much I HATE PEOPLE….

CAN YOU BELIEVE THAT #AALIYAHSAIRPLANEPLAYLIST IS TRENDING WW ON TWITTER?

HOW AWFUL CAN PEOPLE BE MOCKING HER DEATH!

I AM SO ANGRY I FEEL LIKE RANTING TO THE TWITTER CEO. They are quick to take down HATEFUL JUSTIN BIEBER TRENDING TOPICS BUT THEY CAN’T TAKE DOWN AALIYAH’S???

17. August 25, 2011 at 11:21 am
    ASAP (As Sincere As Possible) says:

I remember watching the making of RTB and she was so sweet, humble and friendly with everybody.Her last interview (with 106 and Park) was also amazing and it made me love her even more.She was just so classy and down to earth.She was wearing that all white outift in that interview -so angelic.R.I.P.

18. August 25, 2011 at 11:23 am
    ASAP (As Sincere As Possible) says:

@YEABEY Yeah, that playlist is a mess.I’m glad I’m not on Twitter!I’m just relieved that people are just making foolish and immature jokes because it could be much worse.With Twitter you never know and I expected much worse, so that playlist is disrespectful but at least it’s more like a kidden garden joke gone bad rather than a fight or a rant.

19. August 25, 2011 at 11:25 am
    hood_star_06 says:

Today marks the 10th anniversary of the passing of angel Aaliyah Dana Haughton. Born on January 16th, 1979, Aaliyah blessed us with her angelic voice, her beautiful spirit, and her silky smooth dance moves. I was in 9th grade when I heard of her death and till this day I still can’t believe she is gone. RIP Baby Girl.

P.S. – I still bump your debut album “Age Ain’t Nothing But A Number” to this day. A pure classic! They don’t make music like that anymore. Music misses you, your fans miss you and her legacy will live on forever. You truly are One In A Million!

8/25/2001 – The day we truly gained an angel.

20. August 25, 2011 at 11:26 am
    FaithwthNoRelgn says:

I remember that day like it was yesterday and it’s still shocking now just as it was then. RIP Aaliyah :)

21. August 25, 2011 at 11:30 am
    b**** PLEASE says:

TGJ STAFF GET IT RIGHT CUZ YOU GUYS ARE ACTUALLY GETTING RIDICULOUS. AALIYAH WAS BORN IN BROOKLYN, NEWYORK BUT GREW UP IN DETROIT SO GET IT RIGHT…….#ASAPTON.
    b**** PLEASE….!!!!!!!!!!!!!

22. August 25, 2011 at 11:30 am
    love her says:

Love Aaliyah, but don’t knock Brandy and Monica’s success back then. Monica also came out before them.

23. August 25, 2011 at 11:31 am
    YEABEY LOVES AALIYAH! says:

@ASAP
    Besides the Trending Topic, there were AALIYAH/OSAMA BIN LADEN Comparisons (such as: “IDGAF about AAliyah….the b**** is dead like OSAMA BIN LADEN HA HA” & “Why is everyone mourning for AALIYAH like she’s some important person? Oh please she’s just another Osama” I don’t even get those corny comparisons but they still hurt ….There are a lot of mean things being said. I just wish that TT would go away. 1 problem at a time.

I Don’t like it at all….

24. August 25, 2011 at 11:32 am
    BZZZZ...THE KILLA BEE says:

Man….i miss her so much. When she passed….i felt like GOD called her home…after he put her on Earth to inspire people and make her mark n music. I remember watching her promote AALIYAH the album and she seemed so down to earth and very happy. I remember she told MTV Diary that….if she died …she would want her legacy to live on and still be remembered 10 years from then and on. Its so crazy that she later died that year and her legacy is shinning like the Angel she is. There will neva b another! Her music will definitely live on! Tears.. R.I.P FOREVER AALIYAH

25. August 25, 2011 at 11:56 am
    ASAP (As Sincere As Possible) says:

@YEABEY OMG!I didn’t know that!!How could anyone say all that??
    I just wish Aaliyah’s albums were still out there.I recommended her 2nd album to a friend of mine and he couldn’t find it.They are even backoredered at Amazon.FOR GOD’S SAKE!!There are legal issues, according to her family, so it doesn’t look like her masterpieces are going to be re-released.Even her ‘Greatest Hits’ collection has run out.This time next year, I am afraid that there will be nothing out there to represent her. SIGH
    WE ALL MISS YOU AALIYAH…

26. August 25, 2011 at 11:57 am
    p**** POP-THE b**** OF THAT GRAPE JUICE says:

WOW.. LIFE IS SO WEIRD. I MEAN LOOK AT HER SHHOTING THAT VIDEO, SHE IS HAVING A GOOD TIME AND SHE IS SMILING AND SHE DONT KNOW THAT HER LIFE WILL END IN A TRAGIC WAY AFTER SERVAL HOUR’S.

27. August 25, 2011 at 11:57 am
    O s c a r says:

Damn, that video is really hard to watch.. :(

I’m sorry, I’m a lil pressed. That TrendingTopic s*** got me tight as a muthafucka!!!!!

28. August 25, 2011 at 11:59 am
    O s c a r says:

Some people should really just f****** die… I really can’t stand those fuckers on Twitter. I’m about to start dragging like no tomorrow…

29. August 25, 2011 at 12:01 pm
    Aaliyah was truly one in a million (queenbey) says:

@YEABEY-

SMH. I saw that TT it has been trending since late last night…..

I wonder wat is takin twitter so long to remove it…

Some ppl will say and do anything just for attention and its sad but its da world we live in…..

30. August 25, 2011 at 12:07 pm
    ASAP (As Sincere As Possible) says:

Sorry that I have to post this on the Aaliyah post but I’m afraid my trolls will get here soon.I am the real ASAP and I have a pink gravatar with strange teeth.On the QUEEN OF R N B post I had plenty of trolls using my name and insulting people and that’s not me.Again, I’m sorry I had to post this but I don’t want any misunderstandings to happen.

31. August 25, 2011 at 12:07 pm
    MaZ says:

She was definitely “One In A Million”. Time Goes fast.

32. August 25, 2011 at 12:08 pm
    p**** POP-THE b**** OF THAT GRAPE JUICE says:

i think that a new album by her label will be relased in 2014. i saw it in the wikipedia discography.

33. August 25, 2011 at 12:13 pm
    ASAP (As Sincere As Possible) says:

@P***Y POP
    Unfortunately you can’t really trust Wikipedia.They had a previous release date for 2011…I wish the label could release some unreleased material or at least get her albums back to the market.

34. August 25, 2011 at 12:14 pm
    RosaRubbel says:

Like I mentioned in the other post, she gave R’n’B so much. Every single song by Aaliyah is special to me. I can’t even describe it. Some are very touching, others display pure R’n’B classics.
    Rest In Peace Aaliyah.

35. August 25, 2011 at 12:19 pm
    RIHANNA STAN b**** ! says:

R.I.P. sweet angel

10 years ? :(

The pain her family must be feeling right now, I hope they know she will always be loved, by us.

36. August 25, 2011 at 12:22 pm
    pop royalty (MUSIC OF THE SUN) says:

@yeabey :

trust e ! ppl on twitter aren’t ppl ! they are wild queens and f*** ! i dragged some asses there ! but they are just cows !

twitter is becoming another messy version of FB :roll: !

leave your twitter in occasions like that ! justin bieber fans run twitter ! what do u really expect !?
    when kids run a website , what do u expect ?! stupidity maybe ?!

don’t get e start on their trending topics ! i only visit twitter to see rihanna’s time line :lol: !

37. August 25, 2011 at 12:23 pm
    pop royalty (MUSIC OF THE SUN) says:

me started *

38. August 25, 2011 at 12:27 pm
    RIHANNA STAN b**** ! says:

PARODY accounts of celebs need to be BANNED !

39. August 25, 2011 at 12:41 pm
    Madonnalover says:

:cry:
    f*** YOU SAM! f*** YOU!
    I miss aaliyah so f****** bad. this 20 year old cant take. I feel like an old woman weeping over her deceased grandchild :”(

40. August 25, 2011 at 12:44 pm
    O s c a r says:

^^^^^^^

Same here, boo :(

41. August 25, 2011 at 12:49 pm
    ASAP (As Sincere As Possible) says:

‘One In A Million’ has to be my fave Aaliyah video.It represents her to the fullest and it is so amazing.’We Need A Resolution’, ‘4 Page Letter’, ‘Are You That Somebody’ (killer choreo damn it!) and ‘More Than A Woman’ complete my top 5.RTB is objectively excellent, but I just can’t watch it very pleasantly…

42. August 25, 2011 at 12:52 pm
    mobwife says:

Yes, the beautiful one will be honored this evening! I can’t wait to see this tribute. As Amy Winehouse paved the way for the likes of Adele & Duffy, Aaliyah blazed a path for the likes of Ciara & Ashanti!

43. August 25, 2011 at 12:57 pm
    johnbest says:

What happened on twitter…please let me know???

44. August 25, 2011 at 1:10 pm
    Loveletter says:

R.I.P. Aaliyah. :(

45. August 25, 2011 at 1:19 pm
    Aaliyah was truly one in a million (queenbey) says:

@ASAP-

Wow. One In A Million os my favorite Aaliyah video as well.

46. August 25, 2011 at 1:25 pm
    Aaliyah was truly one in a million (queenbey) says:

*os= is

47. August 25, 2011 at 1:42 pm
    kimberly says:

Every one is so saddened yes! reality check! If Aaliyah was alive today don’t you think that she would receive hate by the media and some public today because of her success growth? She died at 21 @ 31, she may have been going though the same s*** all the popular stars go through now. It is so sickening how people come out only when someone has passed and share all stories.
    Perfect example – MJ , and Amy Winehouse, it is just amazing how much love the dead gets.

rip aaliyah.

48. August 25, 2011 at 1:53 pm
    B_STANNING AND LOVING ADELE says:

AALIYAH was beautiful and she was a true artist. I believe she was going to be very successful. I still love her and her music today R.I.P LIYAH

49. August 25, 2011 at 2:37 pm
    ASAP (As Sincere As Possible) says:

I found this amazing article online and according to that blog, there is still unreleased Aaliyah music out there that could even be adequate for one more complete album!!!
    I just NEED to hear those tracks desperately!!!Just one damn song!Can’t the label get it together and solve the trouble with Timbo and Aaliyah’s family to release one more track??PLEASE!!!

50. August 25, 2011 at 2:46 pm
    lol: talent always dies first says:

For once yall did a half way decent post on Aaliyah tgj bravo , i getting nostalga all over again

@ Yeabey hey !, i cant beleive peole were really saying that on twitter, that why i dont havea twitter or want one it all just a bunch of FOLLOWERS,Not LEADERS, but LAME FOLLOWERS tryn to get attention smh.

51. August 25, 2011 at 2:59 pm
    aisha aguilera keys says:

This is very sad. It hurts my heart watching it.

52. August 25, 2011 at 3:02 pm
    JR says:

I cannot believe that it has been 10 years already! Her music still gets mad play in my house. I grew up during her era & I know that there has never been and will never be another Aaliyah. She was just a genuine & sweet person and you could clearly see that. Many of her peers have spoke on her true character. Not only that she was a great actress and her beauty was just flawless! I know that everything happens for a reason but the music industry lost a great treasure. I hope the special they have on BET tonight will be in good taste because she deserves nothing but the best!

53. August 25, 2011 at 3:17 pm
    Charmed says:

mobwife

August 25, 2011 at 12:52 pm
    Aaliyah blazed a path for the likes of Ciara & Ashanti!
    ___________________________________________________________________________

And what a great legacy she has left behind! lmao

54. August 25, 2011 at 3:25 pm
    Fleur says:

Aaliyah has a beautiful legacy. My top 3 favorite songs and videos from her are:

_The One I Give My Heart To
    _4 Page Letter
    _Are You That Somebody

@YEABEY& QUEENBEY
    Some people go too far when they feel like they’re part of a crowd.

55. August 25, 2011 at 3:28 pm
    number1k9 says:

It is way to crazy to think that 10 years have passed.

Like I remember hearing about this in middle school, and now I’m a college graduate!

Definitely interesting to think what Aaliyah would be doing right now if she were still alive. Would she have made the switch to acting full time, released X# albums over the years, etc.

She did have some great music in the 90s and even early 2000s before her life was cut short. “One In A Million” is one of many classic 90s R&B jams she had! “Rock The Boat” was my favorite single off her 3rd album ‘Aaliyah’ too!

RIP Aaliayh and may your family remain strong without your presence.

56. August 25, 2011 at 3:33 pm
    kimbeenshittingonsickigarbarj says:

Aaliyah Is THE Diva , The Princess, One Of The Queens Of R&B & If She Didnt Leave Us At Such A Young Age She Would Have These Untalented “SINGERS” Unknown Or FLOPPED ! RIP BABY GIRL !!!!!

57. August 25, 2011 at 3:33 pm
    4FlopStayInYourLaneBiotch says:

Aaliyah was so talented and it’s nice to know that people do still honor and speak about the legacy that she left behind. I will definitely be watching the BET special tonight. It’s so hard to believe that it’s been 10 years.

58. August 25, 2011 at 3:39 pm
    lax says:

She was a beautiful, talented artist/actress this was a very sad time during
    her passing. i felt so sad and was really hurting to know what her family
    must have been going through RIP baby girl. With how mean, hateful and
    stressful it is trying to live in this world none of us know what death is like.
    but we do know that after we die we do not have to ever be in pain, suffering
    or ever have to go through lifes TRIALS & TRIBULATIONS AGAIN. That is why we
    should put our best foot forward in trying to treat people right and keep our
    minds focued on the fact that this world is not our home, and that some day
    we all will have to say good by to family and friends for our heavenly home.

59. August 25, 2011 at 3:45 pm
    lax says:

This is not about her, but i heard on the radio that mj was worth 50million
    at the time of his death and hes worth 218million now, they commented that
    hes worth more dead than he did alive. My 10 yeass has gone by so fast
    as many has commented,i will be watching.

60. August 25, 2011 at 4:15 pm
    RIPAALIYAH says:

^^ THIS KID PERFORMED A GOOD TRIBUTE FOR HER !!!!!!

^^ THIS KID PERFORMED A GOOD TRIBUTE FOR HER !!!!!!

^^ THIS KID PERFORMED A GOOD TRIBUTE FOR HER !!!!!!

^^ THIS KID PERFORMED A GOOD TRIBUTE FOR HER !!!!!!

^^ THIS KID PERFORMED A GOOD TRIBUTE FOR HER !!!!!!

^^ THIS KID PERFORMED A GOOD TRIBUTE FOR HER !!!!!!

61. August 25, 2011 at 4:56 pm
    MINDBLOWIN....... says:

REST IN PEACE AALIYAH

DON’T FORGET TO WATCH BET TONIGHT

ONE IN A MILLION

BABY GIRL

62. August 25, 2011 at 5:25 pm
    YEABEY LOVES AALIYAH! says:

@EVERYONE WHO RESPONDED
    I know. The TT really needs to go and the OSAMA comparisons saddens me so much. I looked at some pictures of her and I SWEAR I wanted to cry!

63. August 25, 2011 at 5:55 pm
    b**** PLEASE says:

LIYAH

64. August 25, 2011 at 7:35 pm
    RICHANDBLACK11 says:

THIS IS FOR YOU BABY GIRL….

65. August 25, 2011 at 7:37 pm
    RICHANDBLACK11 says:
  66. August 25, 2011 at 7:42 pm
    heyhey says:

Hey y’all!

Can someone gave me a link to BET-STREAM 4 AALIYAH 10th anniversary ?

thx

RIP BABYGIRL

67. August 25, 2011 at 8:02 pm
    jamir21:bey,rihanna,brit,gaga,nicki >>>>> KERI ! says:

R.I.P. AALIYAH !!!
    Even though I dont remember you like that ! #NOSHADE
    How come BET IS DOING SOMETHING….BUT MTV IS NOT !

68. August 25, 2011 at 8:03 pm
    B says:

R.I.P AALIYAH A TRUE TALENT.. THE MUSIC INDUSTRY DEFINETLY TOOK A MAJOR LOSS WHEN SHE PASSED. SHE WILL ALWAYS BE REMEMBERED FOR HER INFECTIOUS PERSONALITY AND SWEET PRESENCE….RIP AALIYAH YOU ARE ONE IN A MILLION BABYGIRL….

69. August 25, 2011 at 8:07 pm
    King B says:

R.I.P. princess. :(

70. August 25, 2011 at 8:39 pm
    Twhist says:

Miss her too, but let’s be honest. She trailed the path both Monica and Brandy blazed. She was always # 3 behind them, but her star was fast approaching both there’s. Wish she could’ve lived to truly see if her position changed in music!

71. August 25, 2011 at 8:49 pm
    ASAP (As Sincere As Possible) says:

@TWHIST Is this some sort of sarcasm or do you really believe that??Anyway, the comparison was uncalled for.I love Brandy and Monica but seriously now??

72. August 25, 2011 at 9:36 pm
    vicious vixen says:

I just had to leave a comment to thank EVERYONE who commented on this post! This is sadly THE ONLY memorial post where everyone kept it classy & respectful. It amazes me how many evil, hateful & malevolent people there are just waiting to spew their venom on to the masses.

With that being said I cracked a smile watching her “More Than a Woman” video. She was truly coming into her own as a woman. I think my fav video of hers was… We need a resolution… She looked FLAWLESS!!! With my least fav video being the “I Miss You”… ONLY bc when I 1st saw it it made me sooooo depressed. I kept thinking that Missy looked so EMPTY & LOST… It was just so sad to see that.

73. August 25, 2011 at 10:02 pm
    Live, Love, Party says:

RIP aaliyah. I wont be able to see ur special on tv cuz I dont have cable but see u in heaven!

74. August 25, 2011 at 10:09 pm
    Live, Love, Party says:

AAliyah was nice, smart, had wonderful vocals, and was a natural beauty!

75. August 25, 2011 at 10:11 pm
    Live, Love, Party says:

@yeabey love aaliyah wow, that’s horrible. But ppl will always be trolls. It’s very sickening and disgusting how inhumane ppl can be. But don’t give ppl like that attention. They are just losers with no purpose in their life.

76. August 26, 2011 at 1:25 am
    nice_gurl says:

This is so sad watching this, knowing that only a few hours later she died. RIP and I will watch the tribute online.

77. August 26, 2011 at 5:38 am
    jillclubb says:

She went out and captured life, not letting anything stand in her way, including her youth. http://bit.ly/pbtDM4

78. August 26, 2011 at 8:17 am
    ME says:

I REMEMBER THAT WHOLE WEEK. SHE WAS ON 106 & PARK GIVING AWAY THE ESCALADE FOR A CONTEST SHE HAD, THAT NEXT NIGHT SHE WAS AT THE JANET ALL FOR U CONCERT IN NYC, AND SHE PASSED THAT WEEKEND. IT WAS TERRIBLE!

SHE WAS JUST ABOUT TO TAKE HER CAREER TO THE NEXT LEVEL. R.IP. AALIYAH. FOREVER LOVED AND MISSED!

79. August 26, 2011 at 1:01 pm
    @Troy_Darnell says:

@love her? im sorry ….. but Aaliyah Brandy and Monica all came out the same time …..AALIYAH 1st . BRANDY right after …..and then MONICA ! and i love them all ….they all opened doors , but get it right

80. August 26, 2011 at 2:39 pm
    still a fan says:

Aaliyah’s death was the most shocking celebrity death to me, because I was actually a big fan of her music when she was alive.

When I was first told of the terrible news, I thought it was a joke. I thought there is no way Aaliyah died.

It was sad. Aaliyah was cool, her music was bad@ss. I LOVED the “Try Again” single soooooo much + “We Need A Resolution”! And that movie she did with Jet Li!

I still listen to her music today.

81. March 27, 2012 at 12:28 pm
    Blinds says:

Informative and precise…

Its difficult to find informative and precise info but here I noted…