To Our Readers

Toni Braxton Set To Get Foxy As Roxy In ‘Chicago’

tonii e1274950114924 Toni Braxton Set To Get Foxy As Roxy In Chicago

Toni Braxton may have faced turbulent times, yet the tide seems to be turning for the soulful baritone. For reliable sources have confirmed to That Grape Juice that the ‘Unbreak My Heart’ singer is on the cusp of signing a lucrative deal to star in the Broadway adaptation of ‘Chicago’.

We’re told the mother of two is to don the iconic stiletto’s of Roxy Hart in the long-running stage-show.

Should the deal be finalised (word has it the ink is all but dry), it would be the latest in a line of Broadway productions the 44 year old has starred in (see: ‘Aida’ and ‘Beauty & The Beast’).

In the meanwhile, fans can look forward to Ms. Braxton in the forthcoming season of ‘Braxton Family Values’ - which returns to screen near you in November. Click here to see the trailer.

1. |
    August 21, 2011 at 2:15 pm
    Misfit says:

Good for you Toni! Do ya thing!!

2. |
    August 21, 2011 at 2:15 pm
    4LOPSTAYINYOURLANEBIOTCH says:

I wish Toni could actually find her way back to a label who would support/promote her properly and sit down somewhere and make another album. Congratulations on her becoming Roxy but really a music comeback would be nice.

3. |
    August 21, 2011 at 2:30 pm
    Cookie (aka the occasional cookie baker) says:

As a fan I want Toni Braxton to do an unplugged/acoustic album along with a DVD!! lol.

4. |
    August 21, 2011 at 2:32 pm
    ASAP (As Sincere As Possible) says:

Toni was riding extremely high with her first two albums.She was HUGE.I still haven’t figured out what went wrong.And ‘Pulse’ was supposed to be her comeback, but it is her biggest flop to date.This is a good move, but it definetely shows how bad things went in her career.I wish her all the luck she can have!

5. |
    August 21, 2011 at 3:14 pm
    Jasmine says:

I’m glad she is going back to broadway. In terms of a new album, she would do good if she went back to r&b. Her debut CD is her only R&B CD from start to finish and that was her most successful.

6. |
    August 21, 2011 at 3:20 pm
    1 in a million says:

She is a very good artist. I think she will do a wonderful job as Roxy. Queen Latifiah did an excellent job too.

7. |
    August 21, 2011 at 3:38 pm
    Marcel says:

Lovely for Toni, but as writers you guys should know that women can’t be baritones. She is a contralto. Also the women in Chicago don’t wear stilettos. Those weren’t the style of shoes, in the period, for dancers.

8. |
    August 21, 2011 at 3:45 pm
    JUSTsoUknow says:

Ok first of all please read MARCEL’s comment. Totally accurate.

Second, I LOVE THIS! She was great in AIDA… even though they’re going to have to change the key to EVERY song. Hope she slays! Broadway isnt a bad career move. In fact its harder to be on stage every night acting, singing, and dancing LIVE. No breaks, no do-overs, just pure talent.

9. |
    August 21, 2011 at 4:02 pm
    Nichole says:

My mom is nuts about “Family Values.”

This should definitely put more funds in Toni’s pocket, because I know she is not doing so well financially.

Follow me and I’ll follow you! On Twitter!

10. |
    August 21, 2011 at 7:51 pm
    nice_gurl says:

Good for her, but I also want her to do another album.

11. |
    August 21, 2011 at 11:55 pm
    Fred Max says:

Good for Toni Braxton, I love her to death…i wish her all the best…

12. |
    August 22, 2011 at 4:51 am
    LR says:

Sam, her voice type is CONTRALTO. Baritone is a type of male voice. Toni is not male.

13. |
    August 22, 2011 at 5:31 am
    FYEAHTONIBRAXTON says:

I’m so excited. Can’t wait.

14. |
    August 22, 2011 at 7:15 am
    dkw says:

This is exciting for her. I agree with the others here stating she needs to go back to R&B. Although she loves the producer Harvey Mason, his influence on her songs weren’t the best for her. I hope she does extremely well in the play, I hope to see her in it.

15. |
    August 22, 2011 at 12:36 pm
    Fukk Rest says:

Toni ‘The Living Legend’ Braxton

16. |
    August 22, 2011 at 3:06 pm
    Dane says:

..Things keep getting better for Toni Braxton…and I’m honestly glad! she’s been tru so much, its abt time she get back on that pedestal among the legends where she belongs! :)

17. |
    September 30, 2011 at 9:27 pm
    Mrs.Marquita Parker says:

Thank you mama Braxton for giving us these beautiful and intellgent dauhghter’s that just live in all of us one way or another. The family is a blessing and a G.I.F.T to so many of us and our young single mother’s who are doing the best that they can to know plus understand each of their children who each want & need different attention from the mother. The Braxton family help’s to show as well as give lessons to the viewer’s with kid’s.You are wonderful devine blessed G.I.F.T. to us alllllllllllll.My kid’s are all grown with kid’s at nice university in Ohio on full scholarship’s by God’s grace and his mercy. Thank you for letting the world become apart of you wonderful family.We can’t wait until November 8th.I