New Video: Lloyd – ‘Dedication To My Ex’

shares

(Photo source)

Lloyd‘s latest LP ‘King Of Hearts’ may not be ruling the charts, but that could soon be set to change with the debut of  ‘Dedication To My Ex’ – the latest visual from the album.  A critic and fan favorite, the Andre 3000-assisted cut showcases Lloyd’s often overlooked vocal ability, while (of course), allowing the R&B crooner to stay close to a topic that is near and dear to many-a-young R&B crooner’s heart.

Premiering moments ago on 106 & Park, the Brian Barber-directed clip sees Young Goldie shine with felines in a retro-50s/60s setting while being accompanied by a rapping cat (yes, you read that right) and a cameo from TV personality Wayne Brady.

Without further adieu, check out the ‘Southside’ singer’s dedication to a special person’s ‘south side’ after the jump:

Purr-fect!  Gives you a bit of a Cee-Lo feel, but that’s certainly ok. From the dancing, to the colors, and just overall feel of the video, this is by far one of the better offerings from the former ‘The Inc’ crooner. Unlike many of his contemporaries, Lloyd does have a very solid vocal delivery. Unfortunately, like most of his contemporaries, he (often) delivers so much of the same fluff that its hard to separate him from the crowd. Either way, here’s hoping his future efforts boast less panty-dropping numbers (no matter how well they’re delivered) and more substantial content.

(polls)

shares

This Week's Top Commentators

Top Commentators

• I STAN(D) FOR TALENT

I STAN(D) FOR TALENT (154)

• Tyler

Tyler (140)

• rita ora can win a oscar

rita ora can win ... (139)

• Mark111

Mark111 (81)

1. September 12, 2011 at 5:10 pm
    Fleur says:

I’m impressed with Lloyd here. I like the direction he’s taking with this sound and the accompaning visuals.

2. September 12, 2011 at 5:11 pm
    Auntie Jackie says:

Very nice!

3. September 12, 2011 at 5:12 pm
    Mister80 says:

Love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4. September 12, 2011 at 5:12 pm
    ASAP (As Sincere As Possible) says:

Wasn’t it the song that had “p****” repeated 1,000 times?Now they changed it and made it “loving” to get airplay…Just the fact that they recorded it with the word “p****” makes it hard for me to take it seriously…

5. September 12, 2011 at 5:25 pm
    MW says:

@ASAP
    It’s the clean version. the album/dirty version styll says p****.
    of course they can’t play that on the radio silly =P

and i loved this song. the videos good.
    but the cats really cute haha.

6. September 12, 2011 at 5:27 pm
    david maldonado says:

THIS SONG IS MY s*** I LIKE THE VERSION THAT SAYS p**** INSTEAD BUT I GUESS THAT WOULD BE TO MANY BLEEPS HAHA

7. September 12, 2011 at 7:24 pm
    QueenSize says:

I heard this song for the first time 2 weeks ago when I copped Lloyd’s album. I fell on the floor laughing when i heard the original track. Thumbs up. Lloyd is my favorite young crooner. That p****. It doesn’t need a remix but he should do one and put Ceelo Green on it.

8. September 12, 2011 at 8:56 pm
    ~Bey-utiful Nation~ says:

Nice!

9. September 12, 2011 at 9:01 pm
    D.Strock says:

Love love love the song. Not sure about the video though

10. September 12, 2011 at 9:35 pm
    A Nu day has come says:

Damn I can’t even hate, and I’m really picky about what I listen to! he did a good job!! This is showing ya’ll these artist are going to have to bring it! They can’t keep doing that same poser club songs!

11. September 12, 2011 at 9:36 pm
    lol says:

he’s flopping as a Trey songs, usher wanna be crooner so now he wants to act like he’s an old school entertainer like Cee lo green,Bruno Mars, and RAPHAEL SAADIQ. PATHETIC

12. September 13, 2011 at 12:54 am
    VA STAND UP!!! says:

Well, I still don’t like the song, the clean or dirty version, but the video was cute. It’s something different. It does kind of remind me of something Cee Lo would do. It’s crazy that he went all out on a video that prolly won’t get much airplay though.

I wonder what ever happened to that video he did with Trey. They shot they forever ago and still no video! I think that would have done great on urban radio and was perfect for the summer. *shrugs*

Oh well, his album flopped anyways so who really cares. *shrugs*

13. September 13, 2011 at 4:03 am
    ASAP (As Sincere As Possible) says:

@MW I know they can’t play it on the radio, but I still cannot respect him for recording a song saying p**** 1,000 times.If you say it once, it’s fun, if you say it twice, it’s boring, if you say it multiple times, it’s desperate.And the fact that he included it on his album makes it worse.Too bad, because it has a good melody.

14. September 13, 2011 at 7:13 am
    CRAZYWORLD says:

hsi voice is horrible and he has great vocal talent

you guys kiss f****** ass

15. September 13, 2011 at 2:59 pm
    nice_gurl says:

I love it. Unique voice and I like the look of the video and what he is wearing.

16. September 15, 2011 at 2:29 am
    azwidohwi christopher khomola says:

love the way he sing and the content of son

17. September 16, 2011 at 2:57 pm
    bam bam says:

Is it me or does that girl look like Aaliyah??….

18. September 16, 2011 at 6:09 pm
    CARMEN says:

THAT GURL LOOKS JUST LIKE AALIYAH I HAD TO DO A DOUBLE TAKE

19. September 17, 2011 at 4:36 pm
    LaDawn Williams says:

I love this video…always liked Lloyd’s music…I see shades of James Brown, Prince, Micheal Jackson, Morris Day(even some Jackie Wilson, which was definitely b4 Lloyd’s time) love the campiness and fun of it all, the beat is slammin!

20. March 29, 2012 at 1:14 pm
    Aaliyah panty | Lolturtle says:

[…] New Video: Lloyd – ‘Dedication To My Ex’ | ..::That Grape Juice …Sep 12, 2011… here’s hoping his future efforts boast less panty-dropping numbers …. THAT GURL LOOKS JUST LIKE AALIYAH I HAD TO DO A DOUBLE … […]

21. June 11, 2012 at 2:35 pm