New Video: Monica – ‘Until It’s Gone’

Monica Until Its Gone coverh New Video:  Monica   Until Its Gone

It’s here!

R&B veteran Monica, who celebrates her 31st birthday today, has gifted fans and followers with the visual for ‘Until It’s Gone’ – the lead single lifted from her new LP ‘New Life’ (due December 13).

The long-awaited visual premiered today on 106 & Park and comes shortly after the moderate success of the Rick Ross-assisted buzz single ‘Anything (To Find You)’.  Has Monica found a hit?  You tell us after the jump:

Similar to the offerings of ‘Still Standing’, Mo continues to weave compelling storylines with heartfelt/emotional vocal deliveries.  In an age where so many succumb to the pressures of the music industry’s tyrant electro-pop, Mrs. Brown stands as proof that staying true to oneself yields more long term satisfaction (and fan approval) than a minor Itunes top 10.

And, with Mary J. Blige and Monica both dropping albums in coming weeks, it’s safe to say R&B fans have a new reason to give thanks this holiday season.  Considering how long the charts have been decorated with ho ho hos, some seasoned talent will be more than welcome.

‘New Life’ hits stores in December.

• October 24, 2011 at 9:46 pm
    Theman says:

She looks good nice concept, but boring.

• October 24, 2011 at 9:55 pm
    Quan says:

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS Monica! Finally a real video from a woman who has been in the game for a minute. This is the type of music my soul needs. Something authentic, fresh and has substance. Monica continues to prove why her career last as long as it does because her music is soooooo real! This song is the truth and has been on repeat since I brought it off itunes. This may be a lil above the heads of those that like that fast food microwave music, but to us real R&B fans this is music! Go Monica

P.S- The album comes out DECEMBER 13 not Nov. 29…..please fix that Sam!

• October 24, 2011 at 10:11 pm
    CURLY SUE says:

I DONT UNDERSTAND THE VIDEO? WHO IS MONICA SUPPOSED TO BE?

• October 24, 2011 at 10:12 pm
    Karina says:

Keep an eye out on that little boy. I was at the shoot (sadly, you only see my shoulder & hair) and that kid was absolutely amazing. I know adult actors who can’t take direction as well as he could…not that he needed it, he was a natural.

• October 24, 2011 at 10:14 pm
    TR says:

.This is he definition of ‘Sanging’ right here…I’ont know what y’all thought!!

• October 24, 2011 at 10:28 pm
    truthis says:

Loved this video…back are the authentic classic videos…not stale and same ole shaking ass and pimping for the camera…KUDOS to Monica for a storyline in her video and she looked Beautiful…Cant wait on this album 12/13/11 picking up my 2 copies!!!

• October 24, 2011 at 10:30 pm
    voneeluv says:

love this song and video! ayyyyy

• October 24, 2011 at 10:33 pm
    kerihilsonsecongcomingofmj says:

EPIC

• October 24, 2011 at 10:35 pm
    YEABEY is on your mind. says:

OMG! I LOVED IT! It made me cry…I love this song so much ….I was really touched…

It looks like she and that man were playing the guy’s conscience…Like a battle with his self ?

This is really nice!!!! *applause*

• October 24, 2011 at 10:38 pm
    Michelle says:

Love the video, great concept!!!!!!!!!! love the cheetah dress!!!!!

• October 24, 2011 at 10:45 pm
    Destined says:

Yass Mo! Thank you for bringing a vid with substance to add emotion to a wonderful song. Loves it! Can’t wait til Dec!

• October 24, 2011 at 10:49 pm
    Diane says:

Talent wins! Monica always sings effortlessly. For a church girl, she never over sing. I love Monica anyway so I’m bias.

• October 24, 2011 at 10:49 pm
    all da time says:

ummm the black and white wit monica by the tree she looks flawless

but

I DID NOT GET THIS VIDEO..chile who the hell was monica supposed to be?

was the dude and brian whtie fighting cuz they were lovers who got caught out? i dont get it? just too much lol

• October 24, 2011 at 10:50 pm
    New_Life_2011 says:

Video was classy with a awesome storyline! Soo many people take life for granted! Great Message Monica! Love it!

• October 24, 2011 at 11:03 pm
    Mario says:

@Curley Sue Monica is the girl’s sister and I love the video…Im ready Mo

• October 24, 2011 at 11:05 pm
    Mario says:

OMG..video concept was placed on here a couple of weeks ago..Malinda Williams is Monica’s sister..Brian is Malinda’s boyfriend..if u listen at beginning of video she is talking to herself as she is wheeled into the ER the dude that is fighting with Brian is Monica and Malinda’s brother..thank God I know how to read context clues and put scenerios together cause SMDH at those on here that cant..

• October 24, 2011 at 11:09 pm
    Jayla says:

OMG song & video really hits home! LOVE IT & LOVE MONICA!!!!

• October 24, 2011 at 11:13 pm
    lilkunta says:

Hey That Grape Juice, Dont forget Monica DID jump on the bandwagon. U forgot her 2006 cd “makings off me” where she was doing the crunk snap finger thing on ‘everytime da beat drop’? That cd fell flat. Monica realised it and returned to working w Missy and doing great RB music . She came back GREAT last year with “Still Standing” & its great songs “everything to me” & “love all over me”.

I love RB. I miss teh wonderful music of Xscape (RUN TO THE ARMS) and
    Changing Faces

• October 24, 2011 at 11:22 pm
    All da time says:

The shade is nobody video should be that hard to figure out. It’s a music video not an academy award nominated film. Diane Mattel be tryin to do too much. Just like with beyonce BTINH.

You shouldn’t need to have background story when watching a music video. You should e able to just “get it”.

• October 24, 2011 at 11:25 pm
    jrbail says:

Queen Monica

• October 24, 2011 at 11:32 pm
    Miss Shady says:

Who can slay so effortlessly but fckin Monica. The lessor girls wish they could it. Punch Monica!!

• October 24, 2011 at 11:35 pm
    Monica Stan says:

The Voice is coming back with the year’s most anticipated R/B release , “New Life.” This video will set The stage for the Monica reign. Come on Mo, show these R/B girls how it’s done.

• October 24, 2011 at 11:47 pm
    Theman says:

This video reminds me of A. Keys “Like You’ll Nev See Me Again”. “The Makings Of Me” was still a good cd, it just had a typical single released on it.

• October 24, 2011 at 11:50 pm
    ChristinasCOMING says:

YES YES YES MONICA!!!

SHOW THESE MANUFACTURED GIMMICKS THAT REAL TALENT REIGNS IN THE END!!!!

MONICA IS PROOF THAT YOU DON’T NEED TO BE AN OVERLY THEATRICAL GIMMICK TO GET YOUR POINT ACROSS.

• October 25, 2011 at 12:14 am
    ROBBIE GUIDRY says:

The sample is I Don’t Want To Lose You by the late Phyllis Hyman – ( Her 1977 debut lp )

• October 25, 2011 at 12:59 am
    VA STAND UP!!! says:

Um…it was a nice video but a bit dramatic for a ballad. That song is beautiful, Monica’s vocals are devine per usual but the song is still a bit boring. Nothing that she has released thus far has really seemed to make a huge impact on the radio or charts. I love how that song with Rick Ross became a buzz single after it performed bad on the charts. Who saw that coming?!

I hate to say it but I don’t really see her having to much success with this album. None of the singles are catching on like the ones from her last album. ‘Everything to Me’ basically sold her entire last album and ‘Love On Top’ was a great follow up, but this single here just doesn’t have that same feel. *shrugs*

I’m still made she only released two singles off of ‘Still Standing’. I think she could have churned out a few more hits from that album but it seemed like she moved on so quickly. *shrugs*

Good Luck to her anyways. At least she is still making real r&b.

• October 25, 2011 at 1:06 am
    Justin Knows Best says:

Let me tell you something…..MONICA did her thing right here. No gimmick straight R&B straight soulful singing. If people cant put this video together it shows that you like basic concepts and cannot follow a storyline. I am so glad videos are returning to telling stories & not running around naked and dancing! Monica is a vet in this game and she knows how to belt out R&B classics. Great video Monica!

• October 25, 2011 at 1:15 am
    RATEDXx(delusional is a hell of a drug) says:

when I first heard the song, I didnt like it, now its on repeat on my ipod..

love love love the video…keep them coming..

maybe R&B has a chance after all

• October 25, 2011 at 1:30 am
    Romanuvegonemad says:

Why after ppl single flop they call it a buzz record anywho video looked cheap and rushed, im a big Monica fan but im looking for Angel Of Mine, For You I Will, i mean R&B with crossover appeal like her older music she is starting to sound to much like a poor mans Mary J the look and all. She needed a uptempo track like Lay It On Me or hell even something like Turnin Me On I mean Monica music is starting to be just depressing and sad people enjoy r&b true but we like to dance bob our head party too mix it up Mo

• October 25, 2011 at 1:46 am
    shermon says:

Just so yall will know the video is hott i am over here in my bed in tears………and monica is playing the girl who died sister

• October 25, 2011 at 1:48 am
    Romanuvegonemad says:

If this video made you cry you need mental help no shade

• October 25, 2011 at 6:25 am
    YOOSONDALOOSE says:

Love it! Damn!

• October 25, 2011 at 6:30 am
    JUDAS666 says:

YAAAWWN, THE SONG AINT HITTIN TOP 40 ANY TIME SOON. THIS IS MORE A SOUNDTRACK SONG AS OPPOSED TO SOMETHING STRICTLY FOR CHART RATINGS ON THE RADIO OR ITUNES. FACE IT, MONICA AINT A TOP ITUNES KINDA ARTIST. GOOD VOCALS BUT SHE JUST AINT THAT KINDA SINGER. SHE HAS TO LEARN TO BE MIDDLE OR LOWER MIDDLE RUNG ON THE LADDER TYPE OF SUCCESS AS AN ARTIST. SHE WILL NEVER BE A WORLDWIDE SUPERSTAR BUT PEOPLE WILL KNOW HER NAME AND RECOGNIZE IT AS PART OF RNB MUSIC HISTORY. BUT THAT’S ABOUT IT, SAD… A BLIP IN WIKI.COM.

• October 25, 2011 at 6:49 am
    del says:

Monica pleaseeeeeeee!!! what is this Tyler perry shitt damn i was expecting Medina to turn up at some point in this video no epic fail LOL

• October 25, 2011 at 7:04 am
    ASAP (As Sincere As Possible) says:

It is by no means a bad video and it’s a very welcome concept compared to the “I’m in the club, look at the strippers, I’m drinking” kind of r’n’b videos.I always appreciate how she doesn’t play it safe and tries to really bring the song to life through the visual.

However, the execution just lacks…It just doesn’t build up to anything.She’s either the guy’s conscience or the best friend of the girl that was injured in the car crash, but what is she doing with that long dress in the black and white parts or in the staircase with the red light??I don’t know…And fashion wise, she is kind of taking a step back.She looked SOOO incredibly classy and effortlessly elegant during the ‘Still Standing’ era, but now she looks kind of…casual…I think RCA don’t treat her right and I hope I’m wrong.

Anyway, I’ll be definetely checking for her album.I hope it will be solid :cool:

• October 25, 2011 at 7:09 am
    JUDAS666 says:

MONICA IS ALWAYS TRYING TO MIMIC s*** THAT HAPPENED IN HER LIFE AS AN EXPRESSION THRU HER MUSIC. THAT’S GOOD AND ALL… BUT THE POINT IS NO ONE OUTSIDE HER FAMILY AND FRIENDS GIVES 2 RATS ASS. THE BUYING PUBLIC DONT GIVE A f***. TRUTH!!!

• October 25, 2011 at 7:37 am
    blazinyella says:

Loved it. This is for grown folks

• October 25, 2011 at 7:59 am
    Leo says:

damn, I cried.

• October 25, 2011 at 9:19 am
    KD says:

I did not get the plot, so the whole video was wasted on me. The song is extremely dull as well. This is a miss. I miss the “First Night” Monica…this one is just so bland and ugh!

• October 25, 2011 at 10:02 am
    GAslickmouf says:

Lmao @ JUDAS. But this song is a waste this is horrid 1st single music after her other song failed.

Monica high notes sounds a mess no wonder y she sounds and sing the same all the time because her other notes sounds a hot mess!!!

The video was nice but I wont buy her CD because of the video, I cant watch the video when I buy her CD.

Monica you have done soooo much better before WTH is wrong????

All your samples has got to come to a end, start with fixing that 1st hun!!

• October 25, 2011 at 10:25 am
    musik_lover says:

If you are not a real true R&B fan and only prefer bubblegum pop with catchy hooks then this is not a post for you!

Monica has an R&B hit with this song…It’s powerful on so many levels. Bad relationships, Loss of Loved ones, taking the moments we have with people special in our lives for granted, and the precious moments. This video showcases different levels of the song. My guess is Monica is portraying the friend who warned the girl and then she ends up singing to him about how he’s gonna miss her now that she’s gone. POWERFUL LYRICS

• October 25, 2011 at 10:50 am
    RosaRubbel says:

I cried when I watched the video. It goes so deep. Especially the scenes when her family shows up.
    Monia is beautiful. I love her leather jacket and her make-up. Great concept. Powerful vocals. Wonderful video!

• October 25, 2011 at 11:01 am
    tilis says:

For those who don’t get the concept, she is Melinda’s sister and is acting as her conscious. Her standing by the tree is the tree that the couple in the beginning of the video hit. Her standing in the hallway symbolizes Melinda’s death — It’s a great video and a great song. Those who love real R&B music appreciate it.

• October 25, 2011 at 11:13 am
    Liveer says:

Wow………She Telling the Truth !!!!!!

• October 25, 2011 at 11:13 am
    JER says:

“industry’s tyrant electro-pop,”

um it could easily be argued that the FAD of hip-hop/R&B crossover of the late 90′s has finally died down. The pop music scene in America right now is very similar to that of the 80′s and early 90′s, BEFORE hip-hop and modern R&B took over. Some of you queens who don’t know your music histroy should recall that pop/electro songs were charting on the R&B charts all thru the 80′s as it was the standard. It wasn’t until gangsta rap in the early 90′s that R&B got so edgy alongside hip-hop in the latter part of the 90′s. Those of you who grew up in the late 90′s think that it was always like that but it wasn’t. THE PUBLIC HAS SPOKEN. They’re tired of the same old played out R&B and whack hip-hop songs.

• October 25, 2011 at 12:03 pm
    James227 says:

Hell yes Moncia!!! This is what I’m talking about R&B is back and kicking. Moncia,Mary J. Brandy, Keri 2012 is their year. I will be buying all of their CD’s

• October 25, 2011 at 12:09 pm
    CAROL says:

In the video the woman found out that her man been cheating. Did you see them really arguing? She was all in his face while he driving. This is something you never do argue while your mate is driving. Well done Monica. Oh and did you see the make-up on them it look so real makes you wonder sometimes.

• October 25, 2011 at 12:14 pm
    Crib n wine says:

Oh fans of the lessors are coming for Monica. THATS CUTE. but we’ll read you gorls when we storm the charts come December.

NEW LIFE 12.13.2011 EVERYWHERE

• October 25, 2011 at 12:16 pm
    Chile Please!! says:

Beyawnce will never make records like this. This is true music…..I LOVE LOVE LOVE Monica….but to be honest this song has to grow on me. I’m still stuck on that sound from the last album. Anywho…..TEAM MONICA! Please everyone support her & copp that album next month.

• October 25, 2011 at 12:18 pm
    CAROL says:

blazinyella
    October 25, 2011 at 7:37 am
    Loved it. This is for grown folks
    _______________________________

You got that right!!

• October 25, 2011 at 12:24 pm
    sister says:

OMG!!!! I have been waiting for music like this for the past 3 years. Thank you Jesus.

Great job Monica

• October 25, 2011 at 1:00 pm
    Wil says:

For the person that said Monica will not make it with this CD, I think so because the direction in which music today is going in is not very good. Everything kinda sounds the same. Ain’t you tired of the same type of music? This sound by Monica is great and love the video

• October 25, 2011 at 1:42 pm
    antertain says:

This Lady is not looking for chart success.
    She’s now at the point of her longevity where she makes her music that she feels, give quality vocals and caters to her core fans.

Love that she don’t waiver and does what she does best, which is soulful records with a hint of hip-hop flavours here and there.

Meaningful video that works for the song. Monica singing in third person as the sister of the victim.

Miss Thang attitude included so pleased.
    #teammo #newlife

Wouldn’t be my choice as a single but like the story and love voice of Monica

• October 25, 2011 at 2:24 pm
    Jonathan says:

I am sorry but I am guessing most of you dont even know who Phyllis Hyman is? Monica you FAILED on using her sample..The orginal was a beautiful song..NOT TO BE PLAYED WITH! I was expecting it to be a banger…No sir!

• October 25, 2011 at 2:40 pm
    rodney says:

Monica did her thing as usual. I am so loving the R&B sound .. Pop, Pop, Pop I’m so tired of this s***. It is very nice to see someone who it bringing back that R&B sound and to see a different face on the screens.

You gotta love this woman

• October 25, 2011 at 2:41 pm
    MISTER C. says:

ppl keep saying monica will never be a maga superstar, or on Beys level… but from what i gather in recent interviews monica has done is that she dont WANT to be on that level. think about it… monica has been in this game a LONG TIME!! and has taking YEARSSS off by CHOICE, she always stresses the fact that being in the music industry is NOT everything to her, and its never been her #1 priority..does that sound like a chick who wants to be a mega pop star?? i think not. it takes way too much sacrifice…sacrifices inwhich monica deems MOST important to HER. so i think that after 16 years in the game, she pretty content :) btw i LOVED the song & video concept. amazingly i “got it” on the first watch. wasent hard at all. lol. matter of fact i wasent even trying too. lol. i feel bad for the ppl who dont have THAT.

• October 25, 2011 at 2:43 pm
    BrandyNMonicaStan says:

Loooooove Mo!!! Can’t wait for December 13th!!! The video is a straight tear jerker with a positive message. #TEAMMO ALL DAY

• October 25, 2011 at 3:05 pm
    Director says:

Malinda @malinsworld = wife. Monica = her sister. Brian White @actorbrianwhite Jarret Janako @JarretJanako = their brother. Little boy is our son (Malinda & I). Directed/Written by Diane Martell.TWITTERS

• October 25, 2011 at 3:49 pm
    B4REAL02 says:

LOVE IT !! NUFF SAID

• October 25, 2011 at 3:55 pm
    Malibu Barbie says:

MONICA’s like the only chick delivering me classic r&B . im still waiting for Queen Brandy tho !!

• October 25, 2011 at 5:56 pm
    Jayla says:

MONICA IS ALL ABOUT MAKING SOULFUL MEANINGFUL MUSIC, not trying to be A BIG POP STAR, u KIDS are toooo much…. MONICA HAS KIDS AND A FAMILY THAT SHE FOCUSES ON AS WELL, AS LONG AS SHE ENJOYS MAKING MUSIC FROM THE HEART AND IT PAYS HER BILLS MONICA DOESNT CARE, SHE HAS A GROWN LOYAL FANBASE….

• October 25, 2011 at 6:15 pm
    Bey Fan... says:

Umm it was cool…

• October 25, 2011 at 7:57 pm
    TJ says:

Monica did a wonderful job. I LOVE this song and video. Great JOB!!! As far as Monica goes, she is REAL R&B. She is 16 years in the music business, so its obvious she is doing something RIGHT… She places her FAMILY before career. MONEY is not an issue for her. She’s emassed fortune from the success of her albums and the shows she gives… She has a very rich husband. She does music for the love of it and her steady fan base.

Monica DELIVERED with this song and video… December 13th!!!! NEW LIFE

• October 25, 2011 at 8:23 pm
    Jasmine says:

I agree with All da time. I did not get the story line and who Monica is supposed to be in the video. That is not good, because I represent thousands of viewers. I love Mo, but I honestly feel this song and video are just boring. I think a single should be a song that sells your CD not falls flat on audience appeal. I hope her label and team picks another single to go with before the album comes out. “Until Is Gone” is no way near the same level as any of the ballads on “Still Standing” and is not a song I would put on replay.

• October 25, 2011 at 8:37 pm
    Katy+GaGa=Queens says:

• October 26, 2011 at 5:45 am
    Leo says:

AMAZING Phyllis Hyman!

• October 27, 2011 at 5:56 pm
    Destiny monya` says:

I dun see ths video lik 3 times nd im still nt gettn it BUT i lov mo’s voice in ths song soo beautiful