New Song: Christina Milian – ‘Mr. Valentine’

b3eaefa9c9451f66cad51eaae932eef3 New Song:  Christina Milian   Mr. Valentine

Not even 24 hours after unveiling her addition to the Young Money roster, Christina Milian rolls out ‘Mr. Valentine’.  The new track, which looks to have fans dipping low to an islandy/reggae beat, sees the singer pair her signature soft coo with a carnival-esque instrumental reminiscent of Rihanna‘s ‘We Found Love’ fused with a J.Lo jam.

How does she fare? Find out for yourself after the jump:

We’re certainly rooting for Ms. Milian this time around and hoping she and #teammilian are on the ball to maximize the exposure she will get for her ‘The Voice’ and Young Money associations.  That said, with the ill-fated ‘Elope’ out the window, this track’s inclusion on her revamped album has yet to be confirmed.  If, however, it is any indication of where Ms. Milian is headed, she certainly may have a hit on her hand.

Accompanied with a killer video, and this could be the (re)introduction to pop charts fans have long waited for.

• February 13, 2012 at 8:49 pm
    blairdevereaux says:

welcome back Ms. Millian

• February 13, 2012 at 8:51 pm
    ChittyChitty says:

Good luck, girl!

• February 13, 2012 at 8:52 pm
    ISeeTrouble says:

She is gonna be put on the back burner just like Shanell and the other artist.. I mean come on he has LIl Chuckee, Gudda Gudda, Jae Millz, Shanell, that lil boy he just signed, and now her. Who do yall think he gonna put out first? The only way I see her being put out first if she can suck d*** and f*** 10x better than Nicki and Shanell combined.

• February 13, 2012 at 8:54 pm
    Young Money says:

Still can’t believe Wayne signed her up to YM :o

• February 13, 2012 at 8:57 pm
    Justathought (Azealia Banks is coming...) says:

Hm it’s actually not that bad

• February 13, 2012 at 8:57 pm
    BeNice says:

@iseetrouble ….. That was just wrong :/

• February 13, 2012 at 8:59 pm
    jrm says:

hott!!! like it, got me moving

• February 13, 2012 at 9:01 pm
    cocochanel says:

@Iseetrouble lmaooo at that last part :l

• February 13, 2012 at 9:03 pm
    Yea i said it says:

• February 13, 2012 at 9:19 pm
    Kingphoenix says:

She looks like Beyonce and Eva Pigford’s love child in this pic , this song is a no go for me, but good luck with that!

• February 13, 2012 at 9:21 pm
    A.MILIAN says:

@ISEETROUBLE I doubt she will be put on the back burner… especially since she is on a highly successful show “THE VOICE”… that is promotion… besides im pretty sure she will do another TV movie…

• February 13, 2012 at 9:27 pm
    ISeeTrouble says:

@A.Milian Exactly she is already doing stuff.. She is already out so Wayne isn’t gonna focus on putting her out even more he is gonna focus on putting his artists out that are not out yet therefore she is gonna be put on the back burner. He has to focus on putting Shanell, Lil Chuckee, Jae Millz, Mack Main, and the other artists out not putting out someone who already had her shine.

• February 13, 2012 at 10:18 pm
    Hello Fear says:

Were are experiencing a wanna be divas overload. These divas are coming in overload while a certain artist I won’t name is on break….I don’t think I can take it _0/

• February 13, 2012 at 10:39 pm
    Junior in Jamaica says:

DID SHE JUST CURSE A JAMAICAN “BOMBOCLAAT”?

LOL!!

And her vocals are basic…

• February 13, 2012 at 11:18 pm
    aMILIANbucks says:

QUEENstina MILIAN!

• February 13, 2012 at 11:32 pm
    KeriHilsonIsABEAST!!! says:

FINALLY!!! NICE MOVE SIGNING WITH YOUNG MONEY!!!! THAT SONG IS HOT!!!! SHE FINALLY FOUND HER SOUND! She just needs to stop speaking spanish in her songs + shes not good at it!!! dont get me wrong im latino but I have enough with pitbull et kat deluna!!! No need for one more!

• February 13, 2012 at 11:49 pm
    Theman says:

It sounds like JLo’s “Im Into You”. It’s aight.

• February 13, 2012 at 11:50 pm
    Theman says:

She looks like Beyonce here.

• February 14, 2012 at 12:50 am
    cammy says:

lil wayne should have signed kelly rowland too.

• February 14, 2012 at 1:11 am
    that chic says:

why all yall peasants so quick to hail somebody queen all the dam time. stop groveling, shyt

• February 14, 2012 at 4:21 am
    Dev says:

The songs rubbish. I can understand the Young Money signing. Milian is his pop/commercial princess …. his rihanna who will get magazine covers where shanell is urban and appeals to a lesser market.
    Record labels do this all the time

• February 14, 2012 at 6:19 am
    number1k9 says:

“Zipper” snippet leaked over years ago was better than this IMO. This was filler at best! Accent sounds horrible on her! This is almost as bad as Nicole Scherzinger’s attempt to be Rihanna with “Right There.”

Only J.Lo held her on on her island tinged “I’m Into You.” Prob bc she ain’t do no WHACK ass accent!

• February 14, 2012 at 7:05 am
    YOOSONDALOOSE says:

Owwwww, that is hot! Could be good as a promo single!

• February 14, 2012 at 7:36 am
    ASAP (As Sincere As Possible) says:

She can do much better, but it’s solid. It could be good for the clubs, but I’m not particularly interested in this song. Too formulaic and repetitive, predictable beat too. Her voice works so well, though. It’s soft and soothing, which is exactly why I’d much prefer some Aaliyah type music and direction. I wish her luck, she’s cool :cool:

And btw, this song does not resemble ‘WFL’ at all, not even close. Did you mean ‘What’s My Name’, because that’s the only Rihanna song that is even remotely reminiscent of this track

• February 14, 2012 at 8:06 am
    keri hilson 2012 says:

i like it.

• February 14, 2012 at 11:29 am
    Angie says:

This song sounds dated to me. It could have easily come out 10 years ago. I like her, but if Young Money can’t make her relevant, I don’t see how her singing career could continue.

• February 14, 2012 at 4:10 pm
    Dlux says:

This would have been a great track for J.Lo, Christina is really talented also a great song writer. She wrote J.Lo’s “Walking on Sunshine” sounds similar.

• February 14, 2012 at 6:27 pm
    BadGirl23 says:

That pic doesn’t look like her at all.

• May 22, 2012 at 12:41 am
    Rohana says:

Jay-Z Schooling Young Money artist (Drake). Silly Raps Fueds.(Uh) Y’all can miss me with that money talkThe smart money’s on Hov, f*** what the dumemis talkI don’t do too much bloggingI just run the town, I don’t do too much jogging(Unh) I ain’t got a scar yet‘Cause you f*****’ around with me and my dogs is far-fetchedDrake, here is how they gon’ come at youWill silly raps for you tryin’ to distract youIn disguise, in the form of a favorThe Barzini me, watch for the traitors(Unh) I done seen it all, done it allThat’s why none of these dumb-dumb could dun him offThe summer’s ours, the winter tooTop down in the winter, that’s what winners doAnd to these n***** I’m like Windows 7You let ‘em tell it, they swear that they invented youAnd since no good deed go unpunishedI’m not as cool with n***** as I once wasI once was, cool as the Fonz wasBut these bright lights turned me to a monsterSorry, mama, I promised it wouldn’t change meBut I would’ve went insane had I remained the same meFuck n*****, b****** tooAll I got is this money, this’ll do