Hot Topic: Are You Anticipating Ciara’s Comeback?

ciara 2012 thatgrapejuice e1336922470278 Hot Topic: Are You Anticipating Ciaras Comeback?

Ciara is back! Well, almost…

This week saw dance auditions and rehearsals commence for her hotly anticipated comeback video. A fact which serves as an emphatic response to any doubt surrounding how supportive her new label Epic are of the single and the project moreover. Indeed, common-practice sees labels throw out singles, gauge a response, and then proceed with videos. However, LA Reid and co are powering ahead full-steam.

Add to this the wholly positive feedback That Grape Juice has heard about the album from highly placed sources (word is, it’s essentially finished), and the climate for a plausible Ciara comeback couldn’t be better. Or could it?

As her weekly trending topics on Twitter highlight, there remain a sizeable sect of folk keen to see her “win”. Yet, there too exists those who can’t wash-out the taste of 2010′s ‘Basic Instinct’ or 2009′s ‘Fantasy Ride’ – the latter of which is criminally underrated. Alas, we digress…

Ever keen to pierce through the smoke and mirrors, That Grape Juice wants to know, then…

Are YOU anticipating Ciara’s comeback?

• May 13, 2012 at 10:44 am
    QueenOfTheNavy says:

I await ciaras comeback like Beyonce awaits the news her entire lacefront collection has been stolen from the brazillian beauties she stole them from.

• May 13, 2012 at 10:44 am
    Meeeeeuuuuuu says:

Love Ciara!

• May 13, 2012 at 10:46 am
    BrealK says:

Ciara last two albums were great. All of them have been. The only reason they didn’t sell well is because they were leaked all over the internet for months before the actual albums dropped. Her fan base is not the target group that purchase they are the ones that look for the hookup.

• May 13, 2012 at 10:46 am
    Darshelle Jones says:

Lol grapes. I didn’t know she went anywhere. They just had a photo up of her at the MET gala.

• May 13, 2012 at 10:47 am
    Hesings says:

I am but then I’m not overly excited. I’m more so happy that she is still trying because she is very talented. And ditto Fantasy Ride sooooooooo under rated

• May 13, 2012 at 10:48 am
    YOOSONDALOOSE says:

Need some Cici in my life!
    Yes I am, The music looks to be great!

• May 13, 2012 at 10:49 am
    David says:

I cant wait..!!

• May 13, 2012 at 10:51 am
    David says:

Yess! To be honest ciara deserve more success than people who already have success.. I believe that when she drops some new material some people fanbase may switch gears and be down for her again. Ciara never gives up no matter what and that’s why I’m soooo in love with her

• May 13, 2012 at 10:55 am
    QueenOfTheNavy says:

hey ciara rihanna needs an opening act for her 2013 tour, you busy?

• May 13, 2012 at 10:55 am
    numero_uno says:

it’s all about the music. and it can’t be one single. it has to be at least 3 solid singles with tons and tons of promo.

• May 13, 2012 at 10:57 am
    KAT DELUNA FAN says:

I dont give a shiiit

• May 13, 2012 at 11:01 am
    Jay Jay says:

Hell yeah I’m ready! This era hasn’t really started yet but so far they have been doing a great job. The hired a writing camp for this album and she is working with a variety of producers which basic instinct lacked. All I need her to do is change her weave game and style and I’ll be set

• May 13, 2012 at 11:03 am
    Yea i said it says:

• May 13, 2012 at 11:07 am
    ASAP (As Sincere As Possible) says:

Yes, I’m excited. I just hope she brings it. All her albums have been solid, but none of them comes close to being cohesive, let alone memorable. It’s her time to shine, but she has to cross over from being a great performer to being an overall great artist. I can handle 2-3 safe hits, but the album as a whole has to slay too.

That aside, I’m sure she’s going to bring the heat. The videos and the performances are on lock, she always nails it. Hell, she knocked it out the park with ‘Gimme Dat’ and she didn’t even have a budget, imagine what she’s going to do now that she’s got actual support.

• May 13, 2012 at 11:07 am
    tweezy89 says:

Of course! Ciara is about to start slaying again, can’t wait til that first single drops! #csquad!!!

• May 13, 2012 at 11:11 am
    Jay Jay says:

She needs to bring it!!! I need me like a get up 2.0 a promise 2.0 a work 2.0

• May 13, 2012 at 11:13 am
    An0thrdream says:

I’m extremely excited about a ciara comeback. After seeing how hard she tried for basic instinct (gimme dat and ride) I gained so much more respect for her, esp to find out she funded that entire project all by herself bc of no support from her label. I wanna see more variety of dance, more of a supermodel ciara, and the passion we all know she has. She deserves the support, I truly hope Epic pushes her harder then any of the previous era’s including goodies bc she has the power to be an icon

• May 13, 2012 at 11:13 am
    Gilberto says:

I can’t wait. I’m waiting for another master piece like Evolution.

• May 13, 2012 at 11:15 am
    the real xoxo says:

if she gives me 2 solid singles, i will buy the album. people sleep on her but the fact is she is arguably the best dancer the game has ever seen. right up there with janet.

• May 13, 2012 at 11:18 am
    John92 says:

can’t wait! this could be her year with hot singles and a little role in a movie!

• May 13, 2012 at 11:20 am

IS

DONE
    __________________________________

DEAD

• May 13, 2012 at 11:33 am
    Ugh says:

It’s always about the music. Ciara is not big enough a brand to be throwing comeback loot into, I don’t know what LA Reid is thinkin’.

• May 13, 2012 at 11:56 am
    Damn says:

YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YESYES YES YES YES YES YESYES YES YES YES YES YESYES YES YES YES YES YESYES YES YES YES YES YESYES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YESYES YES YES YES YES YESYES YES YES YES YES YESYES YES YES YES YES YESYES YES YES YES YES YESYES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YESYES YES YES YES YES YESYES YES YES YES YES YESYES YES YES YES YES YESYES YES YES YES YES YESYES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YESYES YES YES YES YES YESYES YES YES YES YES YESYES YES YES YES YES YESYES YES YES YES YES YESYES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YESYES YES YES YES YES YESYES YES YES YES YES YESYES YES YES YES YES YESYES YES YES YES YES YESYES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YESYES YES YES YES YES YESYES YES YES YES YES YESYES YES YES YES YES YESYES YES YES YES YES YESYES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YESYES YES YES YES YES YESYES YES YES YES YES YESYES YES YES YES YES YESYES YES YES YES YES YESYES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YESYES YES YES YES YES YESYES YES YES YES YES YESYES YES YES YES YES YESYES YES YES YES YES YES

• May 13, 2012 at 12:00 pm
    Stop the HATE yall look DUMB says:

The people who claim they don’t like her are in here full force ready for the single just like the fans. Anyway her only problems were bad singles and no or little promotion. I am looking forward to her return, cause the industry damn sure needs her right now.

• May 13, 2012 at 12:03 pm
    Damn says:

@essenceofsean Ima need your sad gay ass to stop wanking off to micheal jackson videos and have yourself a 106 park bench seat! You always been a hater and will always so go On with your sad self And worship Janet and goodluck with finding out what she Whispers

• May 13, 2012 at 12:07 pm
    Sleazy says:

Yes omg I’m sorry I’m gonna p*** my pants I swear She is counting down and she gon slay I know and believe in Ciara

• May 13, 2012 at 12:12 pm
    skintightjeans says:

I don’t know about her comeback but she looks a hot ass furry mess in that pic up there.

• May 13, 2012 at 12:20 pm
    Pedro says:

I CAN’T WAIT! SHE’S THE BEST!!!

• May 13, 2012 at 12:30 pm
    StaticRev says:

Yeeeeeees Forever

• May 13, 2012 at 12:31 pm
    Eмa says:

Cant wait for dat new s*** oh

• May 13, 2012 at 12:33 pm
    Saxon_Minaj says:

WORLD BETTER BE READY!

• May 13, 2012 at 12:33 pm
    Sleazy says:

@katdeluna just nobody gives a f*** bout Kat de Tuna? Girl bye

• May 13, 2012 at 12:35 pm
    Steve says:

I’ve been waiting. Her last 2 cds may not have been as hard-hitting as Goodies & The Evolution, but they were good. I feel like now that she’s under the wings of LA Reid, that he’ll do her right. Hopefully she does some stuff with Jazzy Pha like with her Goodies album and she stays away from The Dream. He changed her sound all the way up & that’s threw off a lot of fans. I’m ready for the new music tho.

• May 13, 2012 at 12:42 pm
    TWITTER.COM/ESSENCE_OF_SEAN says:

@ DAMN

lol You seem b*** hurt! Been f***** up the ass lately bum?

• May 13, 2012 at 12:42 pm
    CiaraSlaysMothas says:

Ciara is coming to snatch wigs with L.A.’s dark magic. Everyone knows she can compete with Bey & Rihtalentess but without a supporting label no one can do anything. Obviously. So yes I’M ANTICIPATING A CIARA COMEBACK. And the haters obviously are too! When something abt Ciara is posted they run & see (Undercover Fans)

• May 13, 2012 at 12:45 pm
    TWITTER.COM/ESSENCE_OF_SEAN says:

CEDRIC NOT GOING TO DO ANYTHING BUM! STOP COMPARING HIM TO FEMALE ARTISTS!

• May 13, 2012 at 12:50 pm
    I'm Ready 4Ya says:

I’m ready For Ya Ciara *rita ora voice* I’m looking forward to you slaying the charts once again! Do it girl you know you Can

• May 13, 2012 at 12:51 pm
    Ciara Empire says:

I’ve been anticipating her comeback the moment she reunited with LA! She’s really about to come back strong!

• May 13, 2012 at 1:10 pm
    pat says:

nobody dances anymore (and please dont say beyonce, cuz that’s not true dancing) so i’m looking forward to cici storming back

• May 13, 2012 at 1:11 pm
    GSTAR says:

I CAN’T WAIIIIT, SHE NEEDS TO RELEASE A MIXTAPE OR A PROMO SONG FOR THE MOVIE WITH ADAM SADLER, SHE NEEDS TO BRING SUM ATTITUDE NO SWEETNESS! I’M ROOTING FOR HER!

• May 13, 2012 at 1:50 pm
    Virtuoso Intellect says:

I came here to wish Ci good luck cus i agree with what someond said above about her ethic. I think it was @anothrdream

@Pat

b**** dont get f**ked up!

Tofu tofu dance in RTW is not real?
    Belly & arabic style dancing in baby boy/ beautiful liar not real?
    j-setting in single ladies is not real?
    African dance in deja vu is not real?
    Krumpimg in sweet dreams is not real ?

If anything Ciara is a 1-dimensional dancer that flipping backbend became a predictable bore years ago. If she really wants to amp it up she should do it whilst SINGING.

• May 13, 2012 at 2:32 pm
    mobwife says:

I’m tired of the music industry and its limited vision! The public appreciated competition. No one artist can carry a genre of music no matter how good they are! Ciara has her place in the music industry as does everyone else! I look forward to seeing her sing and dance again. She is one of the few ppl who can actually put on a good dance performance and entertain a crowd.

• May 13, 2012 at 3:16 pm
    commanderofthedancefloor says:

truthfully yes

i am a music lover regardless of the artist if she makes music i like i will buy it plain and simple!! so go ahead ciara do ya thang!!

• May 13, 2012 at 3:43 pm
    dmac says:

I’m rooting for Ciara & cant wait for her to make a strong comeback

• May 13, 2012 at 3:43 pm
    MISHKA says:

As long as Rihanna, Nicki Minaj and Keri can’t dance for sh!t, Ciara can make a successful comeback.

She better hurry up though.

• May 13, 2012 at 3:44 pm
    CSquadGeneral says:

@VIRTUOSO INTELLECT

@Pat

b**** dont get f**ked up!

Tofu tofu dance in RTW is not real?
    Belly & arabic style dancing in baby boy/ beautiful liar not real?
    j-setting in single ladies is not real?
    African dance in deja vu is not real?
    Krumpimg in sweet dreams is not real ?

**** listen up dont come in here calling he one dimensional, and she can do the matrix while singing

1. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wgpQxofegeU @ 2:22
    2.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L6zin5M–w4 @ 0:01

• May 13, 2012 at 3:59 pm
    Lala24 says:

I definitely am ready for some new Ciara. I miss hearing her on the radio.

• May 13, 2012 at 4:01 pm
    ristannnnnn says:

Ciara about to kill everyone. I feel it and I’m a RI fan.

• May 13, 2012 at 4:33 pm
    Diarasopretty says:

Yasssss at Majority of the Comments being Positive. I guess Music really is Missing Ciara and ready for her. I Truly Believe she will make a Big comeback. She deserves it. I’m so Proud of her.

• May 13, 2012 at 4:35 pm
    KING TASHA says:

Im here for Ciara, if she comes out on top Rih fans just gon hate. The “Goodies” cd as a whole shits on every number1 single Rihanna has.

• May 13, 2012 at 4:47 pm
    Onyx says:

@skintightjeans
    Everytime i see your grav. is like Justin is seducing me, i get so horny, i’m crazy i know.

• May 13, 2012 at 6:37 pm
    jace says:

YESSSS THE QUEEN THE EVERYTHING YESSS IM READY FOR HER TO COMEEEE BACKKKK COME ON CICI

• May 13, 2012 at 7:22 pm
    Jordy says:

YUSS! CIARA IS GONA SLAAY HER GAME! CAN’T WAIT!

• May 13, 2012 at 8:37 pm
    Uknowdakod says:

I Think she can comeback she just needs a team behind her

• May 13, 2012 at 10:00 pm
    CSquad!! says:

Yes, ive never been this ready for her. Her fans and the industry are buzzing.

• May 13, 2012 at 11:17 pm
    Ciara4life says:

Yess!!!!!!! she deserves this!
    All the haters gon see…ciara is the s***
    #Csquaddd
    #BeEpic cause we are ;)

• May 13, 2012 at 11:39 pm
    Tiki Tara says:

yall know essence_of_sean aka Essence_Of_Shit loves ciara notice you see him on just about every ciara post

• May 14, 2012 at 6:12 am
    Dejwooo says:

I LOVE HER…. i am from Slovakia and i think she has a lot of fans in Europe too….
    she needs good team around her , best producers, writters….I CANT WAIT HER 5th ALBUM…..

• May 14, 2012 at 7:06 am
    jazzy d says:

@virtuoso b**** plz beyounce CANT DANCE THAT AFRICAN s*** THATS ON RUN THE WORLD WHATEVA THE AFRICANS WAS DANCIN BETTER THAN HER AND ITS HER VIDEO LMFAOOOOO EPIC FAILSOOOOO STOP HATING BOOOOO CUZ MY CICI IS GOING TO SLAY THIS b**** GET IT CICI #C_SQUAD A TOWN ITS GOING DOWN

• May 14, 2012 at 9:37 am
    CCFan007 says:

Yesss!! Can’t wait for this more than anything!! Ciara will slaaaaaay this era!

• May 14, 2012 at 9:54 am
    bash says:

No! (No shade)

• May 14, 2012 at 10:20 am
    BLAH says:

she cant sing for s*** tho……. i mean she can dance her ass off but i just hope she got (professional) vocal training… i mean shes better than rihanna i know but still her voice is annoying …… but i mean i guess we can give her 1 more chance like her last flop album….

• May 14, 2012 at 12:30 pm
    Heavy Metal Lover says:

It’s all about the music. Basic Instinct and Fantasy Ride were both very good, with Fantasy Ride being one of the few albums I’ve heard in my life that actually fits what real “Urban Pop” should sound like. Basic Instinct flopped because of poor promo, lack of the label support and timing. The 3 singles released were good, they were just released at the wrong time, it should’ve went Gimmie Dat, Ride then Speechless. Now with her next album, she shouldn’t reveal anything about the album until it’s 100% complete and the first single has been released and made a moderate impact. She should definitely release at least two mainstream, not urban, singles before the album is released, promote the album on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Ustream, radio, TV, magazines, her website, etc, etc. The think the general public wants to see her make a comeback because we all saw how hard she worked to still make Basic Instinct possible even after Jive stopped supporting the project, and everyone likes a hardworker who doesn’t quit, so yeah, I’m very excited about this album.

• May 14, 2012 at 12:44 pm
    Heavy Metal Lover says:

To the fool whoo said Ciara can’t sing and dance at the same time, go watch her Gimmie Dat performance at Big Jam in Chicago, better yet, watch all her performances, Ciara always sings live and she’s been taking vocal lessons since like 2009 I believe and her vocals have really improved, her range is now around 2.5 octaves. She has better control and vocal acrobatics than Rihanna, Britney, Ke$ha, Katy, Taylor and Keri Hilson. When it comes to singing/dancing at the same time, Ciara’s only competition is Beyonce and Gaga. What Ciara truly lacks is really good management. Look at when Goodies/The Evolution were released, Ciara was everywhere promoting those albums, but when she got new management in 2008, they didn’t know what to do with her.

• May 15, 2012 at 4:22 am
    david says:

yes yes ciara i love you please do new video i cant weit

• May 15, 2012 at 10:58 am
    rd says:

yes gooooooooooooo girl

• May 15, 2012 at 8:57 pm
    Tbozfan10 says:

Nah I’ve never heard of anybody making a comeback after having two albums that flopped THAT bad. One of them sold like 200,000 or something and the latest sold only like 40,000 copies!! Who the hell comes back from that and even more what smart record exec continues to invest in such an act. That isn’t shade it’s just what any record exec other than L.A. Reid will tell you.

• May 19, 2012 at 4:38 pm
    Jammer says:

YEA! I CANT WAIT! Ciara is VERY Talented GREAT Entertainer there’s no way she could ever be a flop who else do you know can dance like that in this era of music?? No one that’s who. Ciara is much needed in the music industry.

LOVE YOU CIARA!! #TeamScorpio WOO!

• September 16, 2012 at 9:16 am
    slays says:

Rita Ora will slay this ‘no singing, fast talking. flat voice ho’ LA Ried better get before Ciara come with another my Label not my lack of vocal talent let me down, post on facebook.

• December 6, 2012 at 4:58 am
    uggbootsecv|qjh says:

Especially in the [url=http://www.bootssalecybermonday.com]uggs outlet[/url] interface. .Wear boots at the bottom part of the larger reinforcement done! Boots at the bottom to add a sponge with non-slip design. . So thatugg cardy light boots. Durable and non-slip. . Reduce the burden on the feet! ugg tall UGG soles have ‘R’ logo and the registration of the mark must be ugg boots. On the upper cheap ugg boots See vamps. . UGG vamps really very bright and clean. . Each line is car Inch 9-pin. . Margins are uniform. . Upper lines are basically the same sewing machine. . Line moderately elastic. . There will be no floating line. Disconnected. Jumper. In very good overall upper hand. . There is no question of the breakdown. . Damaged. . and boots are also reinforcing convergence. . Heel shoes traditional type of ugg boots heels in Office trademarks (ugg trademugg classic tallark) slippers, shoes, home machines to print trademarks are the skin on the shoes. . Material uppers. . Said pro [url=http://www.bootssalecybermonday.com]uggs sale clearance[/url] bought outside the feel ah uppers. This phenomenon is due to the seller using a suede leather coat wool posing together, as we all know good leather is very sugg classic talloft and delicate feel smoothugg boots as a good leather materials are used in sheep’s clothing production, and many sellers to explain to customers is Sizing is like, how can one, then the skin is expected to be light, then the pursuit of hard-type shoes feel tall and straight out the expense of the ultra-exclusive UGG comfort