Welcome to the new ThatGrapeJuice.net

New Song: Whitney Houston – ‘His Eye Is On The Sparrow’

whitney houston sparkle New Song: Whitney Houston   His Eye Is On The Sparrow

‘Celebrate’ may serve as the final song Whitney Houston recorded, yet it’s thankfully not the last of her new material.

Today ushered in with it the premiere of Houston’s titillating take on ‘His Eye Is On The Sparrow’ from the ‘Sparkle’ soundtrack.

Indeed, it was her performance of this very song while filming the movie (due August 17th), that had the cast and crew in floods of tears.

Can it evoke a similar reaction in recorded form? The answer awaits after the jump…

Oh Nippy.

Listening to this serves as a potent reminder of the rich qualities embedded in her “new voice”. Life’s stuggles may have shaved off some of that legendary range, yet the foundation of why she remains ‘The Vocal Bible’ (see: emotive and stirring delivery) is oh so present here. Indeed, few of today’s stars could establish the connection Whitney did with the lyrics of each and every song she sung. This being no different.

• May 23, 2012 at 3:56 am
    Musicfan says:

There is not much to say except “Thank You, Whitney’”. That is why she was considered the greatest female artist of all time up until the end… Singing was not just about stringing together a series of notes together and adding words, it is about ‘something else’. Whitney was/is the best in the world to have that ‘something’ else!

• May 23, 2012 at 3:57 am
    The Voice says:

Sounds great.. LOve that lady!!!.. R.I.P. Whitney (NIP) Houston

• May 23, 2012 at 4:13 am
    Tbone88 says:

Rest in peace Whitney, there will never be another like you. May you find your peace with god<3 this was a beautiful rendition.

• May 23, 2012 at 5:22 am
    Jak says:

Love, Love, Love Whitney but we got to get these titles right.

Whitney – ‘The Voice’
    Brandy – ‘The Vocal Bible’

Nice version of this track but no one killed it like Lauryn did.

RoyalKev Replied:

@Jak
    Good Point!

Whitney is ‘the Voice’! …the best voice I personally ever heard. She’s the Mother of singing and the best in probably the past century.

Brandy’s labelled the ‘vocal bible’ beacause she’s great when it comes to technical singing. She would definitely be one of Whitney’s daughter’s.

As for this song, I only played it once last night, when I first heard it and couldn’t listen again (FOR NOW). It reminds you so much of Whitney’s talent and special gifts. This loss of one of the world greatest is still alot to digest when I hear the brillance of Whitney’s singing in her music. There’s a feeling that comes from it that’s like nothing you can describe. Yea, she sung masterfully in her prime, but throughout her career there was always something divine about how you’ve been touched by a Whitney song.

credits Replied:

Brandy’s rendition of “his eye is on the sparrow” is quite stellar! i think it beats lauryn’s, check it out on youtube.

• May 23, 2012 at 7:18 am
    MRB says:

SMH DAMN!!!!! It hurts really that she is gone!

• May 23, 2012 at 7:32 am
    virtuoso intellect says:

WOW Whitney … speechless

• May 23, 2012 at 7:55 am
    MG says:

It is truly beautiful but at the same time bittersweet knowing that she is truly gone. When she sang “I am freeeeee” I definitely felt that she was.
    Farewell Nippy

• May 23, 2012 at 8:00 am
    pat says:

its obvious that her voice was reduced to a fragment of what it once was but its still more special than almost any voice today…..beautiful…RIP

• May 23, 2012 at 8:17 am
    Spunkypoop says:

She takes me to church everytime she opens up her mouth. I love her and miss her so much…. She was on a verge of a great comeback, it’s clearly in her voice. I can’t wait for the movie and soundtrack.

• May 23, 2012 at 8:27 am
    millhouse says:

This song just made me cry… The way she sang this song was beautiful… she had me bout to speak in tungs

• May 23, 2012 at 9:07 am
    Suicide Blonde says:

Beautiful, i love that hoarse voice, is almost like an Aretha Franklin song, deep and straight to the heart, no doubt she was the best vocalist of all time, big time.

[...] Source [...]

• May 23, 2012 at 9:38 am
    melody says:

You guys have no Idea how hard it is to read the words rest in peace being said about to a person who I followed every move. to a person I’ve admired since I was a child smh it hurts never imagined this day coming two people I loved unconditionally and stood up for mike and whitney its hard when you feel like you know someone and you speak of them and you keep up with them to one day have taken away from you

MG Replied:

Melody,

I truly feel your pain, as I was the same way. I wasn’t particularly like that about Michael but definitely about Whitney. It hurts and will hopefully get better.

[...] Source [...]

• May 23, 2012 at 10:06 am
    mobwife says:

Get it Whitney! She sounded GREAT to me. I think ppl hear what they want and believe whatever the conrolled biased a** media tells them. If this was her last know recording then she was set to make a beautiful comeback!

***RIP MY DIVA, damn what anyone else has to say!!

• May 23, 2012 at 10:17 am
    JohnVidal(RIP Whitney-truegreat) says:

Just Thank U Whitney! Thank you for your entire career! I can´t say anything else. I know is pretentious to say somebody is the best but in this case…. she is probably the best singer ever… and if not that, at least she is definitely the best LIVE singer EVER, her 80´s vocal performances are out of this universe

Suicide Blonde Replied:

I agree, the best singer ever.

• May 23, 2012 at 11:34 am
    Jasmine says:

I love Whitney but that was not a good version of the song at all. I expected her to go in when singing a song like this but she did not. Her voice was one tone and it was not enjoyable. I could have done a better job singing His Eye Is On the Sparrow, one of my favorite gospel songs.

[...] Source [...]

• May 23, 2012 at 3:25 pm
    total23 says:

I LOVE IT!!!

• May 23, 2012 at 5:55 pm
    milan says:

Makes me cry
    god it hurts that she is passed

• May 23, 2012 at 9:48 pm
    Martin says:

Wow! What a voice….Whitney the “QUEEN OF POP” also can get down with gaspel …Her voice sounds so rich and heavenly…. Wow! Love it!

[...] Source [...]