Welcome to the new ThatGrapeJuice.net

Fantasia Eyes Summer For New Single / Fall For Album

fantasia 2012 Fantasia Eyes Summer For New Single / Fall For Album

The last two years have been all sorts of tumultuous for Grammy winner Fantasia Barrino.

However, as seems to be the case between each of her releases, the vocal powerhouse is hoping to confine the drama to the past as she gears up to unleash new material.

Find out when the American Idol graduate plans to unwrap her new gems after the jump…

During a new interview with Go Memphis, the mother of two revealed that she’s putting the finishing touches to her fourth studio album with hitmakers Chuck Harmony and Jerry Wonder.  She confirms that the set is currently slated for release at the end of the year, with its lead single due in the Summer.

Speaking on her return to the charts, the singer said:

“Of course, the pressure is always on to give the fans more of Fantasia and to allow them to see my growth. This time around, I have more creative input and am writing a lot. I think everyone will be quite pleased with where I am going this go-’round.

However, the 27 year old was swift to add that music -regardless of when its due- takes a backseat to motherhood:

“I’ve learned how to balance my time between being a single working mother and an entertainer. My children mean the world to me, and that’s what helps me to make my career my No. 2 priority after being a mother first.”

************

We, quite literally, cannot wait for Ms. Barrino’s return! Regardless of her trials and trouble, she remains one the industry’s most gifted talents. As such, we’re ready for her to shine all over again.

• June 14, 2012 at 6:23 am
    im not throwing shade, but... says:

Yaaaay! I’m happy for some good music aside from SWV this year. Go Fannnay!!!

• June 14, 2012 at 6:24 am
    BEYONCE'S WEAVE says:

WHO???

• June 14, 2012 at 6:29 am
    checory says:

VOCALS!!! AND STAGE PRESENCE THEY CAN’T MESS WITH TASIA !!! …I CAN”T WAIT FOR HER TO KICK THEM SHOES OFF AND WORK THAT STAGE!!

• June 14, 2012 at 7:18 am
    2bad2bme says:

YEESSS!! I GET TO HAVE BRANDY, FRANK OCEAN, AND FANTASIA…THIS WILL BE THE FIRST TIME I BUY AN ALBUM SINCE I CAN’T REMEMBER…TOO EXCITED!!!

• June 14, 2012 at 7:20 am
    Beyonce's Kryptonite says:

I guess this is good news. She does have great music, but I wish her music made more headline than her hoodrat antics.

• June 14, 2012 at 7:27 am
    Lax says:

This is a great picture of her, bring it on Fanni.

• June 14, 2012 at 8:22 am
    JP says:

I agree. Love the picture. And I’m excited for her music. She is another underrated artist.

• June 14, 2012 at 8:41 am
    MRB says:

People can talk about Fantaisa but One thing you WONT DENY is her talent!!! She sings and no one can hate!!!!!

THE LEGENDARY LAX Replied:

amen

• June 14, 2012 at 10:06 am
    stan says:

yessssss tasia. we need more good r&b albums.

• June 14, 2012 at 10:43 am
    B_STANNING says:

I agree fantasia can sang and alot of her music is good. Maybe she just need to promote more

• June 14, 2012 at 10:46 am
    deante says:

This b**** has no talent, go back to singing church songs… her so-called career is a major flop. she yellswhen she sings, nothing but a baby-momma with no talent!!!!

Jake Replied:

Negro Please, sit down somewhere and quit hating…No talent…I think the millions of albums she sold, that number of people would disagree with you…. Career a Major flop!? ummmm no she been getting paid, won a grammy for her amazing album, reality TV success, book deal, lifetime movie, broadway, acting….That doesn’t sound like a flop to me…. If you can yell how she does and make it sound as beautiful call 1-800 who give a fuk !! See what we have here is a f** a** dude getting on the internet to blast and calling names to a woman thats never done anything to harm your life! Sit that a** down somewhere ignorant bastard

FANTASIA#1FAN Replied:

YET HER YOU ARE COMMENTING ON A POST ABOUT HERE. YOU TOOK THE TIME TO READ AND THEN COMMENT. I GUESS YOU HAVE NOTHING ELSE GOING ON IN YOUR LIFE.

Evi Replied:

WHATEVER JERRY….. DEANTE IS A HATER! LOL (IN MY JERRY SPRINGER GUEST VOICE)

• June 14, 2012 at 10:48 am
    PrettigurlrockD says:

Collard greens and cornbread was my jam. Shoulda been bigger on the r&b charts. SHe can sang sum soul 4real.

• June 14, 2012 at 10:55 am
    QueenSize says:

fanta looks so good in that picture. Why can’t she always look like that? Even if you gain weight you can look good. On American Idol she made me throw up my dinner.

THE LEGENDARY LAX Replied:

LMFAO

• June 14, 2012 at 12:34 pm
    Hollie says:

Cant wait for the new album i love all Fantasia music and yes she is 1 of the baddest r&b singers in the game

• June 14, 2012 at 12:38 pm
    Tasiandee says:

I feel a slay coming on and I can’t wait.

• June 14, 2012 at 1:41 pm
    dee says:

i cant wait i love fantasia

• June 14, 2012 at 3:20 pm
    TheOuyonB says:

Love Fantasia.. She definitely needs a stylist and a trainer before she comes out, because she has been looking like trash lately. I don’t like that for her. She better be getting it together.

[...] over the past month, she walked back to the spotlight and recently announced she’s banking on releasing her fourth album by the end of the year — one she worked on with Chuck Harmony and Jerry Wonder. Upon making the announcement about [...]

• June 14, 2012 at 4:15 pm
    MISHKA says:

Despite what’s going on in her private life, I just love the fact that she’s still have a real career.

• June 20, 2012 at 1:20 pm
    Malcolm says:

Yea Fantasia can’t wait…. And Jennifer Hudson is working on an album. You guys should do another song together

• June 23, 2012 at 8:35 am
    chris says:

Great news- does anyone know why the official website isn’t being updated? That Grape Juice has more info than ANYONE else- please get them to be real time/.up to date?!

Thanks for all the hard work.

• July 4, 2012 at 10:33 pm
    Joshua says:

I love if Fantasia do a duet with Eric Benet on her new album. That would be fire. Fantasia’s voice combine with Eric’s

• July 4, 2012 at 10:37 pm
    Joshua says:

I love Fantasia. I think she is one of the artists that is keeping R&B and soul music. She will never be consider a cookie cutter singer.

Fantasia, Eric Benet, Jennifer Hudson, Ledisi, Jill Scott, Monica, Anthony Hamilton, Mary J. Blige are some of the realest artists you can find. We gotta support artists who are staying true to real music.