ChrisBrown_X_DeluxeEdition_outnow_728x90

Clean Slate: JoJo Scraps ‘Jumping Trains’ Album Title

jojo 2013 Clean Slate: JoJo Scraps Jumping Trains Album Title

Soul-filled belter JoJo is pairing her new sound with a new album title.

Having whipped the Urban audience into a frenzy with her new single ‘Demonstrate’, the 21 year old has revealed that while the song will feature on her third studio effort, the LP will no longer be called ‘Jumping Trains’.

Full story after the jump…

Speaking with MTV.com, the Boston native said:

“I hope that people are feeling the direction. I like to think of it as CrazySexyCool — that’s kind of where I want to go with this album. I want to make people feel good, I want my music to bring people joy and they can get lost in this world.

I’m halfway done with the album, which is no longer called Jumping Trains. I’m headed in a new direction, so I wanted to start fresh with new everything. ‘Demonstrate’ just felt like how I want to continue on with this journey and the next step. For me, the third album is a really big moment in someone’s career, so I wanted to make sure that we are leading off with the right thing.”

********

Makes sense. Perfect sense, at that.

Beyond the creative impetus of the title switch, it was never going to be the best omen tying new material to a project marred by delays and mishandling. Somewhat of a shame given the consistent flavour of “stellar” that ‘Trains’ was serving up (see: ‘Disaster’, ‘The Other Chick’, ‘Sexy To Me’).

In any case, it’s clear Jo is sonically beyond the drama and instead setting sail on a new journey. With talent like hers, we have no choice but to be down for the ride.

• July 20, 2012 at 7:43 am
    Lax says:

Another artist to watch to see how Rita
    fair up aganist her sales and hits!

• July 20, 2012 at 7:46 am
    ASAP (As Sincere As Possible) says:

So talented and so mistreated… *sigh*

The album should have been released in 2011. She had plenty of buzz after her Marivn’s Room cover, so if the label had released an amazing single back then and really promoted it, she would have killed it. The girl has a strong fanbase and her mixtape downloads prove it. She has been recording ‘JT’ for ages, so her “new direction” feels like a whole another project tbh.

Anyway, rant over. ‘m supporting her regadless of what the title and the release date is. This girl is amazing! And ‘Demonstrate’ is the best song she’s released in the past couple of years, so maybe going back to the drawing board is for the best :)

• July 20, 2012 at 7:46 am
    Kylie says:

So once again Kelly Rowland has started a new wagon for other artists to jump on. The s**/sensual album. Funny how people don’t rate her yet she has set so many successful formulas that people pick up on and run with. From her solo duet with Nelly which Bey & Jay also used to introduce as her 1st solo, to the David Guetta American artists doing electro pop to last years ‘Motivation’.

More fool her for not dominating when she comes up with the formula but I’d love it if people stop shading her when clearly she is a trend setter of sorts.

ASAP (As Sincere As Possible) Replied:

“The s**/ sensual album”???

First of all, Jojo never described her new album this way. And secondly, if you think this style was introduced by Kelly Rowland, you need to run to Amazon and buy some TLC and Aaliyah albums…NOW!

Kylie Replied:

When did they last impact the charts? when did ‘Motivation’ catch a buzz?

You trying to reintroduce yourself, you want to sell records you go with a formula that is currently popular. Not past. Current. No matter who did it first it’s who last made it work.

Kylie Replied:

“I hope that people are feeling the direction. I like to think of it as CrazySexyCool — that’s kind of where I want to go with this album….”

“I’m headed in a new direction, so I wanted to start fresh with new everything. ‘Demonstrate’ just felt like how I want to continue on with this journey and the next step.” ….. “I wanted to make sure that we are leading off with the right thing.”

Go listen and write down the lyrical content of ‘Demonstrate’ and tell me what its about …..

ASAP (As Sincere As Possible) Replied:

Kelly is not the first artist who made a song about s** and her album, which was released last year was not successful, let alone trendsetting. ‘Demonstrate’ gives me a mid-90′s r ‘n’ b vibe, similar to Aaliyah’s ‘One In A Million’ and TLC’s ‘CrazySexyCool’ album, which JoJo shouted out herself, but judging by your post, you didn’t really get that.

P.S : Did you just tell me to WRITE DOWN the track’s lyrics? Please tell me you were being sarcastic.

Lax Replied:

Some one has worked over time to try
    and steal kelly’s shine. It’s clear that
    she has a beautiful voice, dances dah,
    dah from one of the biggest groups in
    the history of music and still yet she
    seems to struggle it is not fair.
    I love Rih and she made the worst
    fashion list and there or others
    check it out….But know that if you or
    a navy member you take the bitter with
    the sweet because we also know that
    when the bell is rung Rihanna can go
    from street punk to the Best STYLED
    ICON, EVER

ROMANHOLIDAY Replied:

Then @Kylie dont know what he is talking about saying Beyonce copied Kelly doing B&C and that was her first solo actually she did a song in 2000 with Sole the female rapper signed with Jay Z then she had Work It Out on the Austin Powers Soundtrack you need to get your facts together before trying to teach

diante Replied:

really wtf does kelly rowland have to do with jojo? this article is about jojo not kelly hate when ppl try to compare ppl childish really . go head jojo

• July 20, 2012 at 7:51 am
    the real xoxo says:

lost interest. this is what happens when you continuously push back your album and come out with “just okay” singles.

Amanda Replied:

SHE is not the one pushing her album release date back. If you’re looking to blame someone, blame her shitty record label. They’ve put all of her efforts on the back burner for years. If everyone else is tired of it, imagine how Jo feels. I have just about every one of her unreleased/leaked songs and those alone could have made up three or four albums, but her stupid label isn’t letting her do anything.

• July 20, 2012 at 7:59 am
    Shynlow says:

She’s extremely talented, but her music is boring, she just needs the right songs to be back on top!
    & yall please follow me now: http://twitter.com/shynlownoam

• July 20, 2012 at 8:10 am
    Donnell says:

Before this single was released, i kept feeling like they should’ve released a better single right after marvin’s room to strike while the iron was hot, but now i feel differently. This may be the right time, maybe last year wasn’t. This wouldn’t be the first time she scrapped an album and started fresh either. “All i want is everything” turned into “can’t take that away from me” before jumping trains was even thought of. Maybe we’ll get a jumping trains mixtape before the album or maybe even after.

LindseyMari Replied:

I’m also hoping for a mixtape of some sort. I wish more artists would do that rather than shelving potentially good music. As a fan, it’d be nice to hear it, even if it was recorded 2+ years ago.

• July 20, 2012 at 8:19 am
    the bird is the word..... says:

time is up.
    Its Been years since her last record
    Having a huge fanbase doesnt always equate to high sales..dont believe me ask beyonce,Nicki,riri, and countless other A list entertainers.
    Jojo wasnt exactly on top When she was mild-luke warm. Go indie Jojo or youre in for a flop. She however is an awesome singer…sometimes

Ana Replied:

She’s been trapped under her record label. She’s been recording hundreds of songs. They keep making more songs, and then of course Blackground leaks half of them. They make more songs, and photoshoots, and more CDs, however Blackground doesn’t even give a response. As for talent, she’s got more talent in her shoe than everything that you have. She can sing the high high notes, and the low ones as well. look up You Belong With Me cover by JoJo, or her Grenade cover, or Papparazzi. You don’t know anything about her at all. She had a #1 at age THIRTEEN. So shut up. She isn’t a flop, she’s been trapped and has a lot of talent. her time isn’t up, it’s being wasted by Blackground. Before you speak such b*******- know what you’re saying.

• July 20, 2012 at 8:29 am
    Honestly Speaking says:

I love her new single and I will be supporting her album whenever it is released. People forget that artists are mismanaged, given poor material to work with, etc. I like the fact that “Demonstrate” is becoming her Kelly Rowland “Motivation” moment. Hopefully she has better management than Kelly that can actually promote her properly and not just let her album plummet down the charts (when and if it receives a release date) after one mildly successful single.

• July 20, 2012 at 9:00 am
    - says:

It does suck that her album keeps getting pushed back, but I don’t mind if she changes her sound and the name of her album. I do think JoJo should have released a more R&Bish track after Marvin’s Room when she had the most Buzz around her. Demonstrate is getting a lot of positive feedback from everywhere and it was played on the radio the other day. I Just hope the best for JoJo and I will support her until the end

• July 20, 2012 at 9:30 am
    nando says:

Soooo talented and not represented with the right management. If she was with the rightlabel or simply with the right producers she could be so successful. I mean when she did the cover to marvins room i was wow she is bad-young money could use talent like her in their label. Or ne-yo.

• July 20, 2012 at 9:31 am
    Frachella says:

JoJo needs to get off of Blackground ASAP!!! If they hadn’t been family, I believe Aaliyah would have jumped ship a long time ago. She could have been huger than she was if Blackground had had any sense. They’ve had liek 4 different distributors for their label in the last 10 years, they botched Toni Braxton’s album, Timb has been trying to get away from them forever..

JOJO I see you killing it at Def Jam..

Blackground= BAD LABEL!! Hang it up Barry and Jomo!

• July 20, 2012 at 9:53 am
    Dee says:

Makes sense to change the title, but I would have loved to hear the Jumping Trains album. I hope the new direction she’s taking has a more R&B feel. Demonstrate was the perfect single, it created a lot of buzz and she worked with an amazing and talented producer. I just hope we’ll be able to get her album soon.

• July 20, 2012 at 10:20 am
    christinastherealtalent says:

I called this months ago. It won’t see a release till at least summer 2013. I’m glad she changed the title. I know she was just trying to be creative but JT was just too cheesy. Give that album title to Willow. Ok so now either use Demonstrate as a promo song or 1st single, release it to itunes right away with a video attached. Jojo, sweetie you can’t afford anymore starting over making the album, pushbacks, title changes. This is it for you.

• July 20, 2012 at 11:12 am
    Libra says:

Yes, yes a new album title is good and refreshing. With all of these new changes, can we also get a new hair color and hair style? I say, get rid of the black. Something lighter. You need a fresh look to go with the happier place you are in right now musically. And Jojo girl, you sure know how to wear a hair style out.

• July 20, 2012 at 11:24 am
    Eric says:

This is the second time she’s had to scrap her third album and start over in a different direction, so how can she expect different results when she keeps releasing songs and date projections while the album hangs in limbo?? “Demonstrate” is out and once again she’s launching without any steam. JoJo should not have moved forward without the green light on a promotional plan, and she can’t put that in place until the album is pretty much in the bag. This working backwards stuff is really to her detriment.

• July 20, 2012 at 11:52 am
    JER says:

WTF. b****. b****…. THIS b****. She’s had 3 album titles in the past 2 damn years and no album. GET YOUR s*** STRAIGHT b****!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Record the music and then name the album you dumb f****** ho. OVER THESE BASIC b******!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

- Replied:

Why are you calling her a b****?

Amanda Replied:

Calm down, sweetie. She’s not a b****. I would love to see you deal with the label she has, that’s whose fault this is.

• July 20, 2012 at 1:08 pm
    scars says:

who cares about the album title jojo needs the right songs

• July 20, 2012 at 5:53 pm
    ARFA says:

YES @ CRAZYSEXYCOOL (THE BEST ALBUM BY A FEMALE GROUP)

• July 20, 2012 at 7:26 pm
    ck1 says:

She’s one of the few artist who have real talent.

• July 20, 2012 at 7:42 pm
    MK says:

Definitely buying this album, when it comes out in 2020.

• July 21, 2012 at 4:43 am
    antertain says:

Urban JoJo a YESSSS

Looking forward to a cool blend of songs though.

They should really look at the route Pink took and i dont mean just forget R&B completely but find the perfect blend where the song can reach her pop masses as well..

Song choices have to be very careful and reflect the voice skills and genre abilities of JoJo