Major: Rita Ora To Perform On MTV Unplugged

shares
rita ora mtv unplugged e1344789701669 Major: Rita Ora To Perform On MTV Unplugged

That Rita rise just won’t let up…

For, in a further testament to Roc Nation‘s faith in their newest star Rita Ora, it has been confirmed that the US release of her ‘ORA’ album will be backed by a slot on MTV Unplugged.

Details on the 22 year old’s coveted coup after the jump…

According to All Access, the Londoner will perform on the renown show, which famously hosted the likes of Lauryn Hill and Nirvana, in September.

The news comes on the heels of confirmation that British chart-topper, ‘R.I.P’, will serve as the 2nd single from the American incarnation of the album – which arrives in the Fall.

Back home, prospects are looking equally luminous. For, as at writing, Ora is on course to score her third consecutive #1 on the Official UK Singles Chart next week with ‘How We Do (Party & Bullsh*t)’. The track presently sits atop of the iTunes Top 200 and is widely predicted to stay there over the next seven days. A feat, which if achieved, will serve as a huge boost to the UK version of the album which hits stores on August 27th.

Watch Ora belt out ‘R.I.P’ for Billboard:

rita mtv e1344789755151 Major: Rita Ora To Perform On MTV Unplugged

shares

This Week's Top Commentators

• I STAN(D) FOR TALENT

I STAN(D) FOR TALENT (82)

• Mark111

Mark111 (68)

• rita ora

rita ora (60)

• BeyRihLiyah

BeyRihLiyah (58)

1. August 12, 2012 at 12:33 pm
    Reece Davis says:

She has a great voice but I just find her songs boring. Will definitely watch the Unplugged show but I’m still on the fence as to whether I will buy her album.

2. August 12, 2012 at 12:35 pm
    Nahjee says:

So TGJ who is gonna get the award for best commenter on this site??? Ya should do some kind of awards for you’er site that would be cool..

3. August 12, 2012 at 12:43 pm
    RAMKYSTER00135 says:

THERE’S NOTHING MAJOR ABOUT IT !!!

I CAN’T WAIT TO HEAR ORA ;)

4. Vote

[…] Rita Ora To Perform On MTV Unplugged That Grape Juice Sun, August 12, 2012 5:21 PM UTC That Grape Juice Rate  Loading … Share (function() { var po = document.createElement('script'); […]

5. August 12, 2012 at 12:46 pm
    BitchICan'tEvenSpellWelfare says:

I actually prefer Rita unplugged, so I’ll definitely be checking this out.

Ohhhhhh Sammmmm, I saw that Rihanna is headed BACK to #1 on the U.K. albums chart–feel free to go seethe. lol!

6. August 12, 2012 at 1:01 pm
    kelly says:

?

7. August 12, 2012 at 1:02 pm
    kelly says:

She can be a top UK star, like Girls Aloud , steps, S club 7 etc. She will never be a global superstar – only the UK seem to like Rita, i MEAN how we do flopped in America, yet is number 1 in the uk? She appeals to the UK

• August 12, 2012 at 1:08 pm
      kelly says:

They really are going in to overdrive to make her happen in the UK. I mean, Rob kardashian is back in londonto help get her press – And she put some picture of her beyonce and called her family – I mean……If your talent is so strong, why do u need all these gimmicks? I mean Rob Kardashian ?

I think Rita could have a stable career in the UK, maybe she will not be as big as Cheryl Cole or Jessie J, but, like Duffy, she can at least have something out there. I do not know how long it will last as Duffy, Dido , Lilly Allen,Katie Melua and Joss Stone all fell off with the british public

I just hope Roc Nation do not keep trying to force her on the much wiser American public – we are not easily fooled.

8. August 12, 2012 at 1:41 pm
    trizzy trainwreck says:

I wonder wat happened to roc da life!

9. August 12, 2012 at 1:41 pm
    ENOUGH ONIKA says:

MTV unplugged is major now??

10. August 12, 2012 at 1:47 pm
    Rihta says:

What’s the point of being able to sing and covering other artists songs with zero flaws in ur vocals, but your own music is a HOT MESS…

11. August 12, 2012 at 1:55 pm
    mobwife says:

“That Rita rise just won’t let up…” <—- LOL, this haters!!

This beesh can sing!!

• August 12, 2012 at 7:11 pm
      The lessors says:

really?! using a rinanna catch phrase. girl go and sit somewhere and stop trying to make s*** happen.

12. August 12, 2012 at 5:51 pm
    Letruth says:

Rihanna could NEVER! if people wanted to hear goats scream they’d be watching PETA videos. Rita for the win!

13. August 12, 2012 at 5:56 pm
    slimsexy says:

What’s going on btw Rita and Riri.first rita calls beyonce family,then Riri post a pic of B and praises her beauty.Why r they vieing for queen B’s affection?Anyway wish Rita all the best.

14. August 12, 2012 at 6:05 pm
    slimsexy says:

Rita is not doing badly for herself there is noting wrong in her using every means available to get to the top.No body should come here and pretend that your fav didn’t do worse to get to the top,I mean a certain woman had s** with jay to get to the top and now she turns around to praise the wife.my point is that nobody is perfect so naysayers let Rita be!

• August 12, 2012 at 7:12 pm
      The lessors says:

who this woman? oh yeah beyonce cause you were there when they were having s**.

15. August 12, 2012 at 7:28 pm
    Rita Slays says:

Sam your hella late on this. Rita tweeted about this a month ago. Anyway I cant wait till it airs. I hope she gets the DVD/CD treatment like some of the performances get.

16. August 12, 2012 at 7:57 pm
    likeCAESAR says:

They don’t play her s*** where I live.

17. August 12, 2012 at 8:14 pm
    Benron (Frank SideHoeShit is whack) says:

Instead of talking about Rihanna’s beautiful, nonhusky voice that posseses RANGE unlike Rita’s, here fans should probably go request “How we do (Promote & UnderPerform)” on Radio stations.

FlopWife is still pissed her fave is a CONFESSED WOMAN BEATING, CHAIR THROWING BOTTLE DODGING PSYCHOPATH who will steal the very phone she uses to write such LIES about Rihanna to try and save Chris’ reputation.

18. August 12, 2012 at 8:49 pm
    Spot Love says:

Flop

19. August 13, 2012 at 1:01 am
    TIMMI says:

“That Rita rise just won’t let up…”

Can I get some collard greens with that CORNbread???

20. August 13, 2012 at 1:09 am
    slimsexy says:

Obviously am not refering to B cos sheis jay’s wife.read my comments carefuly.I said the woman who slept with jay is now praising B’s beauty .Its not that hard to figure out whom am refering to as “the woman who slept with jay”

• August 13, 2012 at 6:05 am
      kelly says:

You are so uneducated and naive. Rihanna praised Beyonce, at tthe time Beyonce is releasing pictures of Rita Ora ( the week of her single release ) to play the laws of power back. Beyonce has never ever like Rihanna, nor has she been close to any other singer, in the way she has Rita Ora; It is all fake! She is only being ‘BFF’ with Rita because she thinks Rita can get rid of her black rival who is even more famous than her – and YOUNGER AND SEXIER!

But Rih is more smarter than she looks! Slim s***, you do not know the laws of power! Beyonce is trying to shade her, Rih shows her ‘ love ‘ that is how you blow your haters away!.

Don’t hate jealous people, they are jealous of you because they think you are better than them.

Beyonce is clearly intimidated by the superstardom of Rihanna.

21. August 13, 2012 at 8:55 am
    Sleazy says:

I think People can’t attack Rita for Her “talent” now they Jump to Her image and Songs Lol smh Riri stans hey

22. August 13, 2012 at 11:58 am
    Rita looks older than 22 says:

Rita got Rob KarTRASHian’s name tattooed on her fingers. Yeah, hanging with a D-lister and having his name on her body will REALLY help her US career, hahahahaha!!!!