To Our Readers

New Song: Mariah Carey – ‘Triumphant (Get ‘Em)’ (Dance Mix)

Mariah Carey Triumphant e1343999134228 New Song: Mariah Carey   Triumphant (Get Em) (Dance Mix)

Mariah Carey is not playing.

The premium diva continues to show her contemporaries how to launch a single. For, after premièring her latest gem ‘Triumphant’ amidst a blaze of hype last night, the cut’s official Dance (Vintage Throwback) Mix received its premiere moments ago.

Boasting all-new vocals, the solely Mariah affair is a must-hear. Check it out after the jump….

All a bit “airy-fairy”, but it wouldn’t be a Mariah remix if it wasn’t.

The presence of new vocals are welcomed both conceptually and literally. In an era where DJ’s are routinely employed to simply rip up and re-sew the original, it’s clear a real effort was made in this particular instance. A fact which, for us, earns the remix more gold stars than the original.

For, while solid, the original plays like more of a Rick Ross & Meek Mill (ft. Mariah) record than the other way around. She also doesn’t use the length and breadth of her vocal range, opting for her now trademark whisper and pasted whistle notes. This, here, at least rights some of those wrongs. Hence deserves kudos.

1. |
    August 3, 2012 at 8:04 am
    Honestly Speaking says:

It sounds like straight up trash and I’m honestly starting to think that she just can’t sing anymore. I thought that the dance mix would be hot but once again this snippet ain’t it and furthermore it sounds worse than the actual single which was a huge disappointment itself.

August 3, 2012 at 8:06 am
      Honestly Speaking says:

Her vocals sounds rough and unfinished and it’s fair criticism. I’m a fan of the old Mariah that could sing and gave us albums like Music Box, Butterfly, etc. not this sub-par, jank sounding “music” that makes her seem disconnected from the current musical climate.

August 3, 2012 at 9:57 am
      mobwife says:

I disagree, I actually LIKE this version much better. This song with her solo vocals is quite nice!

However, I’m a bit confused. Didn’t the post below say she was not interested in having DANCE MUSIC and what she deems “non-R&B elements” on her CD? I know she didn’t order this dance remix BUT I bet you a dime to a donut this will be pushed by her team inspite of what she JUST SAID ABOUT “DEM BABIES” blah, blah bullsh** blah, blah and bringing back REAL R&B! WATCH PPL…….The original song is garbage she better see how she can grab this dance remix ASAP!!

I guess the next rendition will hear Frank Ocean cooing in the background……LOL :-)

August 4, 2012 at 4:39 am
      James says:

I like her older music from the 90s much more too. Hell, even Heartbreaker was a great track.

She needs to put this version on the album and hopefully she will TOTALLY scrap the original. Lets pray.

2. |
    August 3, 2012 at 8:07 am
    Azooz B says:

luuuuuuuuuuve it
    better than the 1st ver ^^
    goo mariah <3

3. |
    August 3, 2012 at 8:24 am
    Theman4u says:

Im sorry but it’s just so generic to me

4. |
    August 3, 2012 at 8:24 am
    Reece Davis says:

Mariah will always be the Remix Queen in my eyes! New vocals instead of her one verse repeated how many times. I don’t really like the chorus in the remix though it doesn’t fit IMO. Hopefully this should give her success in Europe though

5. |
    August 3, 2012 at 8:28 am
    christinastherealtalent says:

Just one question for Nick Cannon. You said pregnancy has inspired Mariah on so many different levels that it reflects incredibly in her new music. We have yet to proof of that.

August 3, 2012 at 9:15 pm
      NewF*YorkBabe. says:

Hatas said they didn’t want ‘Touch My Body’/’Obsessed’ part 2. … And she didn’t do that in the least. What you lookin’ for.?. Amazing Lyrics! Dude, you don’t need to hate Mariah if you lovin Christina. The Pop world needs a HELLS of a lot more from talented people like these two women and real heartful, vocally stunning talents like X-tina & MC.

6. |
    August 3, 2012 at 8:29 am
    ME says:

MY LIFE WAS SLAYED!!!!!!!!!!

QUEEN IS NOT PLAYING!!!!!!!!

August 3, 2012 at 9:15 pm
      NewF*YorkBabe. says:

Amen.

7. |
    August 3, 2012 at 8:33 am
    Spunkypoop says:

Better than the original for sure. lol.

8. |
    August 3, 2012 at 8:37 am
    Todd says:

Go MIMI!

9. |
    August 3, 2012 at 8:38 am
    That B*tch says:

This one’s okay but I liked the original 100x better.

10. |
    August 3, 2012 at 8:39 am
    Kingphoenix says:

Oh my lord, i thought she was trying to bring back RnB? Girl, Mariah, you are too old to be doing techno music filming videos dancing in nite clubs with glow sticks. I really can’t. How the mighty have fallen. Ummm, the Lambs are going to get slaughtered today.

August 3, 2012 at 8:51 am
      dom says:

why are you acting brand new, maybe you are, if so, check Mariahs credentials she’s been doing dance mixes since forever, get a clue then comment

August 3, 2012 at 9:59 am
        Kingphoenix says:

Oh I know Mariah is Queen and all and she has been doing dance mixes since the nineties with C+C. But she is too old for that, and its not the 90s anymore. As well, she has been stated as saying she wanted to bring RnB back, i don’t know how she is going to do that with lame songs like this but okay.

August 3, 2012 at 10:03 am
        mobwife says:

This remix is better then the original IMO! And I don’t think she is too old for a DANCE REMID song, that’s just crazy. The problem is that she just carried on about real R&B and how others are crossing over from R&B. girl bye she knows her success as an r&B artists has been in marketing her as a R&B/Pop act just ask her ex-Tommy Matola (sp?)!

August 3, 2012 at 2:16 pm
      Jair says:

How the hell is Mariah “too old’?! JLO is older than her and look at her making dance crap after dance crap. Such an irrelevant comment. Mariah’s always done dance remixes, but unlike every other artist, she re-sings and flips the entire song around, what a RE-MIX is supposed to be. Mariah just can’t win with people. She does a hip-hop/r&B joint and she gets put down. she does a dance track & she gets put down. Whatever, man, y’all are just a bunch of picky HATERS. Mariah doesn’t have the voice she used to have, FACE IT PEOPLE! Love her for what she is TODAY.

August 3, 2012 at 2:55 pm
        MC says:

I agree! Half the people want her to do something current and fresh and when she does a song like this with a remix she is so1990s. And when she does a song like “Obsessed” or “Touch my body” she is so classless and they wish she would go back to the 1990s. Watch, if she does a balled they will tear her up and say she is stuck in time; and if she does an up-beat song she need to go back to her 1990s phase. She is no longer in her 20s, she is in her 40s! She is doing songs that relate to her NOW not 20 or 10 years ago! shm

August 3, 2012 at 3:55 pm
        theman says:

Her voice has improved in many different aspects. She sounds amazing on this song…

11. |
    August 3, 2012 at 8:42 am
    Mely B says:

I like it. The lyrics are on point & it’s an upbeat track – knowing Mariah she’s going to hit us with a killer ballad right before the album drops.

12. |
    August 3, 2012 at 8:43 am
    i know says:

THANK YOU MIMI….I just KNEW something was up with the “original version” ….but HOW could we forget that Mariah is a GENIUS and she HAD TO KNOW that the “original” deserved a REMIX that actually showcast her VOICE and TALENT. Now this is what I’m talking about Mariah….THANK YOU FOR REVIVING MY BELIEF IN YOUR TALENT & MUSIC!!! (I was getting worried hahah)

13. |
    August 3, 2012 at 8:44 am
    Steve says:

What would make the track perfect is to have the Original Beat, with the new solo vocals. Job Done

14. |
    August 3, 2012 at 8:47 am
    RoyalKev says:

I know I’m going to sound like a hater, but I just don’t like this song the more I listen to it. The only part I like is the get ‘em , get ‘em, get ‘em. I’m sure Mariah has some heat on this album (she does on every album). I’m just going to have to overlook this and wait on single #2. If ya’ll lambs like it that’s all that matters.

August 3, 2012 at 10:16 am
      Frachella says:

I’m with you die hard lamb here, but I can’t just can’t with this single..

August 4, 2012 at 8:25 am
      Saetana says:

And me, I’ve listened to it a few times and I don’t like it at all. She really does sound like a feature on the main single and she just had to go down the rent-a-rapper route same as almost everyone does these days :o(

15. |
    August 3, 2012 at 8:49 am
    AJ says:

Im still not excited about this at all….i probably can get with this remix better than the original since the vocals are cleaner. I think she should just push this as the main version to mainstream radio and hope for the best. I’m feeling a LITTLE better about this version than the original. so maybe there will be some hope

16. |
    August 3, 2012 at 8:56 am
    Ajanni says:

Sounds like something like Irene Cara sang in the early ’80’s FAME movie. The song belongs on a 1980’s soundtrack. I compare the vocals to Janet Jackson lite or the Ying Yang twins on the Whisper song. Still waiting for that strong, vocally superior Mariah from The Emancipation of MiMi.

17. |
    August 3, 2012 at 8:58 am
    MARINEEYECANDY says:

Let me start off saying I really respect Mariah.
    To me(in her vocal prime) was one of my top 10 favorite singers.
    I don’t hold on to the past. for me her wonderful voice was gone after the glitter soundtrack

However,I’m beginning to think she is only putting music out now because she thinks her name alone will sell it. I mean the first version was trash…this s*** right here is garbage.
    The “kids” and lambs will like it. Why? Mariah could fart to a hot beat and they would say it slays. I’m not even here for a ballad if vocally she can’t handle an uptempo.
    I know it’s harsh but I call it the way I see it.
    If the next single is good I’ll cop the album though because even with her voice being shot her last three albums were nice.

August 3, 2012 at 3:58 pm
      theman says:

Clearly you cannot hear, because her voice was amazing on her last xmas album, and she also had great vocals on her other albums. It was just a different style of singing. This song isn’t trash. It’s just not the norm…

August 3, 2012 at 4:06 pm
        MC says:

I know these people want to hear the same styles, song arrangement, and lyrics over and over again…can you blame them, that’s what their faves do..

August 3, 2012 at 10:09 am
      AJ says:

Just downloaded it from this site….made a big difference. Sounds 100% better.

18. |
    August 3, 2012 at 9:22 am
    JohnVidal(RIP Whitney-truegreat) says:

Great remix, always a pleasure hearing new vocals from mariah
    To the ignorant people: she has always made these type of dance remixes, it doesn´t mean the genre her albums are made of are R&B/urban/pop and a little Soul in her first two. So Mariah saying she is going to do R&B has nothing to do with dance remixes
    You are just searching for excuses to hate cos your favs can´t touch all those genres

August 3, 2012 at 10:06 am
      mobwife says:

Right, so she needs to keep her mouth closed about “REAL R&B” as if she has not been and will continue to be, one of the music industry’s crossover queens.

August 3, 2012 at 3:48 pm
      Pop Royalty ( f*** Yo Fav) says:

so u now ok with dance and dance remixes and forgettable dance songs like this one above ?!!!

um k , as long it is mariah , if it is s*** u will eat it for her i think !!! u have always trashed others for doing the same thing , but now u all ” your fav can’t touch those genre , to the ignorant ppl” ?!!!

good to know and see that. that is hypocrisy !! that’s why i always say Lambs are not honest at all.

August 4, 2012 at 3:36 am
        JohnVidal(RIP Whitney-truegreat) says:

Man you are crazy lately. Don´t you get this is a remix???????? It´s not a forgettable song from her album, it´s a dance remix, and it sounds like one, only that with amazing vocals, not like u know who
        Another thing it would be if she were making a dance album (like Madonna or whatever) and this would be a track on it, then yes it would be easy and generic, but this is a remix from a song of hers, and it sounds just like it should. Rihanna, Britney and the rest don´t even do them so don´t know what your talking about. She completely changes it and makes new vocals

Generic is your favorite song on Usher´s album (Euphoria) that´s generic to the max and it´s an actual song on the album. Or how can you trash Mariah´s “Thriumphant” but adore Usher´s “Lemme see”??? It´s the same type of song, only that Mariah´s voice will always sound more fabulous and the lyrics are better than “Lemme see” obviously

19. |
    August 3, 2012 at 9:30 am
    Marquis Dior says:

ARe you kidding me?!! anyone who does not believe this is epic must be deaf..She represented on this remix!! Let’s go MiMi, take these number 1 spots again and let the haters talk. Get’em!

20. |
    August 3, 2012 at 9:43 am
    Peter Griffin says:

I wish there was a version halfway through this version and the original. She needs a good pop producer to make something that appeals to all crowds, so we can all enjoy it together!

21. |
    August 3, 2012 at 9:55 am
    Shawn says:

This Just Isn’t Her ? not hatin just statin my opinion. . Not Better Than The Orginal But I Still LOVE Mariah <3

22. |
    August 3, 2012 at 10:10 am
    See says:

Only one thing i wanna say DOPE!!
    MIMI Vocal Slayyed!!!
    R u kidding me??? HATER U CAN EAT YOuR OWN s*** and we need to Celebrate!!!

23. |
    August 3, 2012 at 10:27 am
    musik_lover says:

That’s one thing I love about Mariah. When she remixes a song…She give you brand new vocals. I can see the remix playing in the clubs and making its way on the dance charts. And the original urban single making rounds on urban radio, and I’m sure her team is working to follow up with a video treatment that will amp up the song a lot more.

If anything does go without saying. She is gearing up to put out an album that will be way better than her last two offerings that’s for sure.

24. |
    August 3, 2012 at 10:48 am
    See says:

goshhh THIS IS DOPE…better than the original version..cuz it has no rap..and it actually has verse which the orignal dont have,..COOLL

25. |
    August 3, 2012 at 10:49 am
    Frosty says:

26. |
    August 3, 2012 at 10:51 am
    mc the place to be!! says:

I wish these ppl would shut up about wanting old mariah back like damn that’s was over 15 years ago when Tommy was controlling and abusive basically when she was unhappy and that’s like telling someone when they’re in their 20s ” o I wish you can be more like when you were 13″ like shut up if you want daydream and f***** music box then go on YouTube and listen to em and for the ppl who think mariah has something to prove like singing y’all need to sit down because even those whisper notes she sings are difficult its sad that someone with so much success and talent get written of by her peers and so called fans y’all did the same to Whitney and now that’s she’s gone she’s the best when I know most of y’all last year was saying o shed washed up and can’t sing anymore..get a f***** life!! I never understood how you want someone to change their look and sound 4 you to be satisfied and happy and for them to be miserable and unsure smh

August 3, 2012 at 12:11 pm
      JohnVidal(RIP Whitney-truegreat) says:

Great comment!

27. |
    August 3, 2012 at 10:51 am
    Azmik says:

Awesome!!! Alot better then the one with the rappers, Mariah u need to send this one to the radio stations. This is going to be a huge hit and ur 19th number one song is ready

28. |
    August 3, 2012 at 10:53 am
    Hater to Lover says:

29. |
    August 3, 2012 at 11:58 am
    kevin says:

Mimi served VOCALS. I haven’t heard such clarity in her voice since her XMAS album and Emancipation.

30. |
    August 3, 2012 at 12:20 pm
    MissRealR&BSound says:

31. |
    August 3, 2012 at 12:27 pm
    MissRealR&BSound says:

Rather if she keeps those lyrics but with the original sound version with only rozay in the featuring… enough of Euro Dance Music Fed UP seriously, we’re in 2012 GUYS… LIKE iF YOU LIKE WHAT I SAY

32. |
    August 3, 2012 at 1:15 pm
    Suicide Blonde says:

hahahahaha so generic like the crap is on the radio.

August 3, 2012 at 1:54 pm
      MC says:

this a remix idiot. dear lord and aren’t you the dance pop juckie anyway? stfu

August 3, 2012 at 2:00 pm
        Suicide Blonde says:

I told you my reasons, (JohnVidal), it’s a joke baby.

August 3, 2012 at 2:10 pm
        JohnVidal(RIP Whitney-truegreat) says:

What? What the hell do I have to do with this? Hell don´t even go there I´d never do that. Don´t need to. Defending talent is all I need. That´s why I defend Madonna so many times hun
        MC is not me. Although I´ve noticed I agree with him/her on almost everything from the comments I´ve read. Except he/she likes Beyonce and I don´t. But yeah he/she puts Rihanna, Britney and the rest (u know) in their place

August 3, 2012 at 2:12 pm
        Suicide Blonde says:

JohnVidal.
        I shading Mariah for fun, i love to see you mad, sorry John, you know i love you.

August 3, 2012 at 2:56 pm
        MC says:

@Suicide Blonde eat it :)

August 3, 2012 at 3:02 pm
        MC says:

@JohnVidal(RIP Whitney-truegreat) I am a female and I do agree with you on everything you say/comment on. I am not a Beyonce fan/stan but I appreciate that she is a hard worker and has made a name for herself (forgetting people she stumped on to get here *cough Destiny’s Child*). I am far from being a stan or fan of Beyonce and her stealing, I mean inspired spirit. I just don’t want to involve myself with a certain Hive and their almighty “King” of stealing….

August 3, 2012 at 3:02 pm
        Suicide Blonde says:

MC.
        We have a love/hate relationship but he loves me.

August 4, 2012 at 3:16 am
        JohnVidal(RIP Whitney-truegreat) says:

@MC
        “I mean spirit” LOL
        Well it seems we agree on even more things then :) You have been a great new visitor to this site. It´s full of crazy and ignorant Beyonce and Rihanna fans and then a few different people like @suicide for example. I prefer people like him, he likes lots of music, specially rock/dance/pop. But he is a little obsessed with shading, specially everybody except for Madonna (and Rihanna and Britney for unknown reasons, I suppose they are his adolescent crushes)
        But he knows the facts, he just acts like he doesn´t sometimes

August 4, 2012 at 11:01 am
        MC says:

@JohnVidal(RIP Whitney-truegreat) lol okay….I am only here for talented people, but I’ve got to put those crazed stans in their places, you know? :)

August 4, 2012 at 3:19 pm
        JohnVidal(RIP Whitney-truegreat) says:

Put them Put them! I live for that :)

August 4, 2012 at 3:16 am
      JohnVidal(RIP Whitney-truegreat) says:

@suicide
      Hi :)

August 4, 2012 at 5:49 am
        Suicide Blonde says:

John my idol crushes are not Britney or Rihanna but Kurt Cobain, MJ, Madonna, Eminem and Chester Bennigton (Linkin Park)….you know it’s all for fun but you know you are bitchy too specially when it comes to Madonna.

August 4, 2012 at 5:56 am
        Suicide Blonde says:

and i’m not that young, i told you b****.

33. |
    August 3, 2012 at 1:19 pm
    Erick says:

Hate it. I’m all for an “all singing” version, but it should have been set to the original track. This is too pop. I don’t want her to do anything that conforms to dance/pop. She should keep it R&B throughout this entire era.

34. |
    August 3, 2012 at 1:29 pm
    Oggie 'Singer' says:

This Remix is siiiick!!!!!! 8/10 and i’ll give her 10/10 if she adds these verse vocals to the R&B version and squashes the rappers to an 8 bar!

August 3, 2012 at 8:51 pm
      Triumphant says:

TRUENESS THIS MIX IS s***!!!!! LOVE IT TO DA MAX!!!

35. |
    August 3, 2012 at 1:33 pm
    TBT says:

Thanks to the torture I’ve endured from Gaga, Katy, LMFAO, Rihanna, sellout Usher, sellout Chris, etc., etc., I have become pretty pop-phobic. That aerobics dance s*** needs to be staked.

The only thing I like about this remix is that it’s all her. I would have much prefer these vocals with the original beat, just without Rick and Meek.

36. |
    August 3, 2012 at 2:26 pm
    lucifer says:

She is too old to still be chasing around the latest music trends/rappers. Didn’t her success with TEOM teach her anything? Just sing quality songs.

And those pap pics of her during that photo shoot prove they photoshopped the H*LL out of her body.

37. |
    August 3, 2012 at 3:43 pm
    Pop Royalty ( f*** Yo Fav) says:

it sounds generic , pop , non-R&B and nice.

38. |
    August 3, 2012 at 4:03 pm
    theman says:

The song is amazing. It’s structured completely different from all of the other dance records. She’s actually sanging… It sounds great. This is a remix… The first version of the song is the actual song.

39. |
    August 3, 2012 at 4:09 pm
    MC the place to be!! says:

she has another version of it called the pulse mix just click the arrow on her site because its not listed!!! its way better!! than the throwback remix its really for house clubbers!

August 4, 2012 at 1:15 am
      Shaquiniqua-rose says:

Its amazing!!!

40. |
    August 3, 2012 at 9:20 pm
    NewF*YorkBabe. says:

Can’t wait to hit the club!!!
    Yes. I like the Orig. & the remix for totally different situations and circumstance. A blunt and a beer on a Sunny after on the Balcony, Orig.Period. Dranks, Club. Remix!

August 3, 2012 at 9:21 pm
      NewF*YorkBabe. says:

Sunny afternoon on the balcony*

41. |
    August 4, 2012 at 12:12 am
    Shaquiniqua-rose says:

YES!!! BEST REMIX!!! Inspirational, Dance worthy, perfect vocals/lyrics…Thank you MC! Never let them count you out…

42. |
    August 4, 2012 at 1:15 am
    Shaquiniqua-rose says:

Listen to PULSE CLUB MIX at Mariahcarey.com
    Its my fave of the two mixes!!!

43. |
    August 4, 2012 at 4:28 am
    Todd says:

LALALALA, MIMI IS THE BEST!

44. Vote

[...] placing. A practice which gives Mimi three lifelines to play with – if counting the original, Vintage Throwback, and Pulse versions of the [...]