Rita Ora: “RIP Wasn’t Written For Rihanna”

Rita Ora THAT GRAPE JUICE ORA Rita Ora: RIP Wasnt Written For Rihanna

It may have taken her to the top of the UK’s single chart, but Rita Ora’s ‘RIP’ has in some respects become a bit of an annoyance for the starlet.

For, by way of a rumor circulated a year ago, many were led to believe the Drake penned cut was originally written for, but turned down by her Pop staple Rihanna, with whom she shares a mentor in Jay Z.

Now, in an interview with The Sunday Times, Ora has set the record straight.

Her explanation below…

She explained:

‘RIP’ wasn’t written for Rihanna.

But even if it was played to her, I don’t care. As soon as I heard it, I said it was mine. I was going to fight for that song.

And I was right – it went to Number One.

The release of her defiant comments come two hours before she is set to extend her lead as 2012′s breakout act, as her debut LP ‘ORA’ is set to debut atop the UK album’s tally.

So let us know…

What do you make of Rita’s remarks?

• September 2, 2012 at 10:54 am
    Tarkan4Life says:

Rita has my support!
    Shes fun, stylish, fashionable and can sing. Come to the Middle east soon.

• September 2, 2012 at 10:55 am
    RitasLipstick says:

Here’s what Rita meant to say

RIP wasnt written for rihanna. I know they played it for her after she let Drake and ten of his friends run a subway train on her ass but no, Rip was written for me. And if she made any attempts to fight for me for it I would call my friend Beyonce and we’d go over to her apartment and use all sixteen of her grammys to slap her upside her head.

Huh? Replied:

Getcha grammer

• September 2, 2012 at 10:56 am
    ARTPOP 2013 says:

• September 2, 2012 at 10:56 am
    Rita wrinkle hoera says:

No one cares b****, it was still a global flop. Stop talking about Rihanna , you will never have a tenth of her fame. Rih would of made RIP a smash hit; In fact, there is talk Rihana and drake will still release RIP.

• September 2, 2012 at 10:56 am
    FortuneOUTNOW says:

Why would Drake give the song to rihanna after how she treated him. Rita has always been a nice girl.

Benron (King Of The Navy) Replied:

How shetreated him?

You mean the way she befriended him and did nothing to him and after he called her a h** in front of the whole world.

BreezyBooBoo Replied:

she played chris and drake like fools and then kicked them both to the curb like the ho she is.

Rita is gonna wipe the floor with her.

• September 2, 2012 at 10:58 am
    Beyhive says:

no it wasn’t, that why it flopped like a motherfucker, why is smantha still making post about this chic. does anyone actually listen to her music.

• September 2, 2012 at 10:59 am
    BlueIvysAlbumReleaseDate says:

YASSSSS!
    “But even if it was played to her, I don’t care”

Truth(theREALISTubitch) Replied:

Damn b**** u ugly

• September 2, 2012 at 10:59 am
    Rita wrinkle hoera says:

Let us ask Drake who the song was writtern for. Anyway, Rita Ora comes across really bitter and envious / defensive about Rihanna. The tone of the interview, highlights just how much hatred she has for Rih. Even if the song was not for Rih – it still flopped and WFL did not. End of story

MJ Lover Replied:

she does come of as a little bit bitter. But I don’t think she hates Rih. Like, at all. I think she is just tired of being compared to her. It would p*** me of too :/

• September 2, 2012 at 11:00 am
    ty says:

I like u rita but im need u to stop name dropping artists names all the time focus on ur self instead of attaching ur name to more established artists as for breaking america she needs to drop rob kardashian get ur self a rapper and feature on someones song im sure jay z can hook her up maybe drake or kanye

• September 2, 2012 at 11:02 am
    Rihanna Navy says:

LOLLLLL

”But even if it was played to her, I don’t care. As soon as I heard it, I said it was mine. I was going to fight for that song.” <<<<anyone catch the umbrella shade in regards to rihanna having the song after it was turn by britney and mary j.
    i swear to god this is girl living is vicariously through rihanna unlike UMBRELLA it was world wide smash, gurl bye.

MC Replied:

Omg! I caught that. When I read that I was like isn’t that what Rihanna said about the song “Umbrella” and why is she talking about this now….smh

Rihanna Navy Replied:

wasn’t*

• September 2, 2012 at 11:02 am
    OVOXOXO says:

oh? so it’s like that is it?
    Rihanna better watch out before this b**** gets single white female on her ass.

death at “i dont care if it was played for her, it’s mine.” Giving competitive b**** realness.

• September 2, 2012 at 11:03 am
    truth tea says:

i dont like rita, but since when is a #1 single a flop?

MC Replied:

it was a #1 single only in the UK. it flopped in the U.S. compared to how much promo she and Roc Nation did….

Lax Replied:

@TRUTH R U for real, they talk RIHANNA’S #1′s
    down like they ain’t shyt. When after all the dust has settled RIHANNA is still selling album yes TTT is on the Global line up and that’s a album, many of you ar so phucked up Dam Test Tube Babies”, dang.

Truth(theREALISTubitch) Replied:

Thats ‘truth tea’ b****, get it rite, h**

• September 2, 2012 at 11:05 am
    Rita wrinkle hoera says:

Loads od singers get song; movie stars get roles that they had to fight for. You never seen them making it personal. She is making it personal. Tryna make it seem that f*** Rih, I will fight u for song.

Rita Ora is very jealous o Rihanna. Rita Ora will be gone by next year. Even Rita Ora knowns that! Her anger is seeping through. She still has to recoup.

HereForRita/StanninForB Replied:

Unless Rita Ora is code for Rihannas p**** walls she isn’t going anywhere.

16GrammysAndALacefrontToSnatch Replied:

omg. oh s***. i didnt see that one coming.

• September 2, 2012 at 11:05 am
    HERES WHUT IMMA NEED U 2 DO says:

R.I.P

• September 2, 2012 at 11:06 am
    Sleazy says:

Either way Rita would still sing it better than Rihanna

Rita wrinkle hoera Replied:

Either way Rihanna will sell get it to be a smash

• September 2, 2012 at 11:07 am
    BumbleBey says:

You Titanic crew members should be ashamed of yourselves. Picking on Rita because shes homegirls with B and can sing.

Rihanna is threatened by this b**** and Rita knows it thats why she threw that “fight for the song” shade like we dont know she was talking about how Rihanna had to fight for Umbrella.

If i were the Navy id just start stanning for this girl now because she IS going to slay the f*** out of your fave in good time.

BO BOO Replied:

Beyonce is the one who should be threanted, her husband keep endorsing these young hotter white girl sto replace beyonce’s ass

Rita wrinkle hoera Replied:

Rih did not fight for RIP SHE rejected it. Trust, me, Drake would give it to a multi platinum act over a no name. That is how he pays his bills. Who would turn down giving a song to Britney over a unkonwn girl who just got signed?

What happened to RIP? Apart from tHE UK? Where else did it chart? Drake made a mistake, he should of begged Rihanna to take it – maybe he would of had a number 1

• September 2, 2012 at 11:11 am
    BionicBody says:

im just waiting for the day rita and chris brown are caught out a club together. Rihannas v***** won’t know what to do with itself.

Rita wrinkle hoera Replied:

The joke would be on Chris brown. He does not even have a career and RITA ORA will soon be RIP. Rih would just show up with a hot, A list white HOLLYWOOD ACTOR. CLAPBACK!

BreezyBooBoo Replied:

doesn’t have a career.
    Tell me this then. How many #1 albums does Chris have and how many does that s*** b**** have?

Go on Ill wait.

Benron (King Of The Navy) Replied:

How many platinum certifications does Rihanna have and how many does FISTOPHER?

commanderofthedancefloor Replied:

@Breezybooboo

how many albums has he sold? now how many has rihanna sold?

f*** a number one give me the sales!!

Rita wrinkle hoera Replied:

Rih would just come through with R Patz and that bitter broke ass n**** would hit the roof. No pun intended

• September 2, 2012 at 11:12 am
    Rita wrinkle hoera says:

Why does she keep talking about Rihanna?

• September 2, 2012 at 11:18 am
    16GrammysAndALacefrontToSnatch says:

GO OFF RE-AH
    Tell that leg spreading ho what time it is! So f****** here for this chick.

• September 2, 2012 at 11:19 am
    Benron (King Of The Navy) says:

R.I.P as originally written by DRAKE for RIHANNA’S 2010 album “LOUD”. This is an old song, so I don’t know what she is babbling on about.

Rihanna fought for her worldwide smash umbrella and now Rita claims to have fought for a song aswell. One was a worldwide smash and the other was a flop everywhere but the U.k. Rita, dont continue to jack Rih’s swag.

She can lie all she wants but Aubreisha will not let Rih’s name be tainted. Remember she lied and said she heard CALL MY NAME first and rejected it in an interview, after CALVIN HARRIS called her out she said “the media twists things”

What will be her excuse now.

POP ROYALTY ( RUDE BOY) Replied:

lol @the ‘call my name” lie , rita likes to inject lies between her sentences.

Benron (King Of The Navy) Replied:

You mean “Rita likes to inject lies between other sentances which really aren’t true either but she thinks they are because she is delusional.”

• September 2, 2012 at 11:19 am
    NAYAH82 says:

This girl is so pressed about Rihanna…Nobdoy here in the U.S. cares about this cheap Rih clone! Get your life girl… cuz bad mouthing an A-lister singer won’t get you too far sweet heart.

NAYAH82 Replied:

“nobody”

MJ Lover Replied:

damn right! Just ask Keri hilson XD

• September 2, 2012 at 11:24 am
    Benron (King Of The Navy) says:

I JUST LOOKED IT UP!

This song was written for RIHANNA BY DRAKE LIKE I SAID. He called it “IM READY FOR YOU”, he changes the name and all of a sudden WRINKLE OREO THINKS SHE CAN LIE AND SAY ITS HERS!

DRAKE IS QUOTED SAYING “R.I.P.’ is a song that I originally wrote for Rihanna. Rihanna actually didn’t take the song. I think it was for [Loud] and Rita expressed interest in it and anything I can do for Rita, I will do”. “

Truth(theREALISTubitch) Replied:

Reciept please b****. I know u dont expect us just to believe u. We’ll wait h**…(puffs blunt)

Benron (King Of The Navy) Replied:

Look at R.I.P.’s wikipedia page. GOODBYE.

SdotB Replied:

ummm…if u use wikipedia as ur #1 reliable resource, ur foolish…

p.s. – anyone can write and make edits in wiki…including you…it’s not reliable!!

find the quote from an accredited source and then get back…

::sips tea::

• September 2, 2012 at 11:28 am
    Benron (King Of The Navy) says:

RITA MADE THE SONG FLOP, LOOK!

Australia (ARIA) 29
    Belgium (Ultratop 50 Flanders) 44
    Czech Republic (IFPI) 51
    Denmark (Tracklisten)[31] 26
    Ireland (IRMA) 11
    Netherlands (Mega Single Top 100) 89
    New Zealand (RIANZ) 28
    Slovakia (IFPI) 64
    Switzerland (Schweizer Hitparade) 46
    UK Singles (Official Charts Company) 1
    US Hot Dance Club Songs (Billboard) 25

If that were Rihanna it would of slayed!

Rita wrinkle hoera Replied:

RIP has been released in the USA – COULD NOT EVEN GET INTO THE ITUNES CHART.

Benron (King Of The Navy) Replied:

Or the regular chart #POORDAT

Britbutnotproud Replied:

It was number #1 in Ireland and #11 in Australia. If you can’t get those two right how can your list be accurate?

Benron (King Of The Navy) Replied:

Lies, this is the updated list.

• September 2, 2012 at 11:36 am
    Rita wrinkle hoera says:

Never in my life Have I seen a newcomer, come in the game and talk s*** about an A lister . This girls, bitterness, ego and attitude are gonna make her enemies at roc nation. I think her white superiority is kicking in! She thinks that, because she is white, she is better than blacks. I am calling it now! She and jay / beyonce are gonna end fighting it out. Rihanna will just sit back and laugh.

Jay Z you really have a problem of your hands with this ego maniac angry, rageful white girl who has a problem with backs doing well. Well, she is from the UK / Eastern european and they hate blacks more than anyone.

Watch Jay Z and Rita Ora go to war!

Rita wrinkle hoera Replied:

Jay Z will live to regret the day he signed this white trash. Everyone who gets signed to jayz label, always ends up hating me and running their mouth to media. But watch the white girl go in on him.

Truth(theREALISTubitch) Replied:

Nicki minaj

• September 2, 2012 at 11:43 am
    POP ROYALTY ( RUDE BOY) says:

‘RIP’ wasn’t written for Rihanna. (1)

But even if it was played to her, I don’t care. (2)
    As soon as I heard it, I said it was mine. (3)
    I was going to fight for that song. (4)

And I was right – it went to Number One. (5)
    ________________________________________

Now Let’s Explain :

in (1) she made it sound like a FACT it wasn’t written for rihanna. But then comes (2) which make it less confirmatory that “Rita” was the First One to know About this song or to hear it.
    and the “I don’t care” part is a Clear Shade towards Rihanna , Now rita Started to get comfortable after getting 3 irrelevant #1′s in some UK chart , and for so , she feels she can shade rihanna whenever she wants to , beware Navy , the b**** is showing her true colors !!!
    then comes (3) to make it sure Rita Was somehow the 2nd/last one to be given this song , which hilariously, contradicting with (1).
    (4) is just Bs and (5) is just bragging about getting a #1 in a UK singles chart , something Anyone can have now ( see : JLS) .

Britbutnotproud Replied:

Lol!! Good analysis.

POP ROYALTY ( RUDE BOY) Replied:

Thank U :D !!!

• September 2, 2012 at 11:43 am
    You can have Rihgwen knockoff for free 0.99 says:

She looks so busted…I can’t believe jay really thought that this girl would be Rih’s competition. She’s “21″ going on 35, always wearing 40 pounds of makeup, ugly ass clothes and a fake wanna be caribbean…but I’m not accent. #poordat

• September 2, 2012 at 11:43 am
    slimsexy says:

Tell em Ree_ah tell em.you are not a Rhianna wanna be you are the No 1 chic.Finaly Rita is fighting back!am so proud of her for standing up to the delusional haters who wish failure on her

• September 2, 2012 at 11:46 am
    Rita wrinkle hoera says:

Then on the top USA black blog. You got a story about Jay and Beyonce going HAM on Kim karadashian over comments they think Kim made about Rita.

Damm, this rita got jay and bey acting slaves on plantation. WTF !

Britbutnotproud Replied:

Can’t black people work in harmony with white people without being labelled a slave or an uncle tom?

MJ Lover Replied:

thank you Britbut notproud I herad that <3

• September 2, 2012 at 1:04 pm
    Monstarebel says:

Man this b**** dont know when to STFU!!! LIKE RITA SERIOUSLY BOO YOU AINT s*** AND NEVER WILL BE s*** YOU MIGHT HAVE A TOP 40 HIT WITH RADIOACTIVE IN THE US… I REALLY DONT SEE THIS CHICKS CAREER GOING ANYWHERE, YOU EVER NOTICE 90% OF THE COMMENTS ON A RITA POST IS PURE HATE PEOPLE ARENT HERE FOR HER AND SAM UR SOMEWHAT RUINING HER CAREER BY CONSTANTLY COMPARING HER TO RIHANNA, RIHANNA HAS NOTHING TO LOSE SHES SET BUT RITA ON THE OTHER HAND IS NEW AND UR PUSHING PEOPLE AWAY FROM HER!

• September 2, 2012 at 1:04 pm
    IOTA says:

How about writing your own music before getting cocky about taking an old ass demo lol.

I can’t.

• September 2, 2012 at 1:35 pm
    griffin says:

have any of you even heard rihanna sing live? she f****** blows. i just listened to rita oras made in america performance and she is 5x better than rihanna live. and seriously? a flop? just because shes a newcomer and doesnt sell that many records doesnt mean shes a flop. you guys need to touch up on your vocabulary because you dont know s***.

Rita wrinkle hoera Replied:

The music industry is a business. If you are not hit, you are flop. There!

Rita wrinkle hoera Replied:

You do know that the music industry is a business about making money, right?

• September 2, 2012 at 1:42 pm
    Anon says:

“RIP” was written for Rihanna for possible inclusion on her “Rated R” album. Drake already confirmed it. At the time of the Chris Brown/Rihanna incident, Drake mentioned he wanted to get in the studio and work with Rihanna because he felt he wrote good records that would fit the album. Drake submitted “RIP” along with “What If I Kissed You” and a few others. Not sure if Rihanna recorded them, but “RIP” was definitely written for Rihanna.

• September 2, 2012 at 2:02 pm
    WOLVERINE GIRLS says:

“Rip wasn;t written for Rihana,
    but even if it was played for her, i don’t care”-Rita Ora

With statement’s like that, a Career in politics awaits Ms Ora

• September 2, 2012 at 3:15 pm
    ENOUGH ONIKA says:

So I love how Rita truly thinks that if she fought for this sh*t flop single and Rihanna wanted it, she would win lol. Rita (US/Global flop) over someone who sells in every country. Second, Rita name drops because look what happens when she does! The “I hate Rihanna” fans come out and pretend to be a fan of Rita and start talking sh*t. Its the only way people will talk about her. No one cared about her album being released and no ones talking about it. Now she has to go back to what destroyed any chance of her having “meaningful” success to begin with, name dropping. Rita, we know your nervous about being dropped soon and controversy’s all you have left. Do what you gotta do Rita lol!

Rita wrinkle hoera Replied:

Yeah, she knows what has been spent, versus what profit the will not make. SHE KNOWS HER LP COMES OUT IN AMERICA IN A FEW WEEKS AND AFTER THAT IT IS A RAP. THE HEAT IS getting to her. She is thinking…I am white, a better singer, i have all tis money and time, beyonce hates her too, and yet I cannot break the world. Between her and Rihanna, she is likely to get dropped. She knows they cannot keep spending money on her, so she is getting salty.

• September 2, 2012 at 5:36 pm
    Ayo says:

That’s a lie, there is a video online with Drake himself saying he originally made the song to give to Rihanna

Ayo Replied:

The link where Drake state that he originally wrote R.I.P. for Rihanna.

Not a supporter of Rihanna, but Rita should check her facts before she makes statements like that, it makes her look dumb.

• September 2, 2012 at 7:38 pm
    Beyonce's Weave (& Her "HIVE" of Head-Lice) says:

OH.NO.SHE.DIDN’T!!!!

I know this Rita b**** did not just come in on my Riri.

• September 2, 2012 at 7:52 pm
    WILD DEBUTANTE says:

RITA ORA IS SHADY AS f***.

b****…….First of all, Drake has CLEARLY stated that he wrote the song for Rihanna, How the f*** you gonna claim he didn’t b****??? You have no receipts or writing credits towards the song!

Secondly, didn’t Rita Ora state that WFL was originally meant for her and then Calvin Harris hit her with the clap back basically saying she was lying??? Mmmhmmm

Rita….sorry, I cant rock with you, your rubbing me the wrong way with your lies. BE REAL. She is just so………………..

In my book.

• May 28, 2013 at 6:55 pm
    Amber says:

it was written for rihanna, drake said so himself, and he’s the one who wrote it!