Welcome to the new ThatGrapeJuice.net

New Song: Alicia Keys – ‘Girl On Fire’ (Original Mix)

New Song: Alicia Keys   Girl On Fire (Original Mix)

While this morning brought with it the premiere of Alicia Keys‘Girl On Fire’ (Inferno Version) featuring Young Money maven Nicki Minaj; the afternoon delivers the debut of the original mix of the song.

What are you waiting for? Take a listen after the jump…

Sigh. A grower, perhaps? Either way, the live performances of this will be must-see TV (take from that what you will). Catch Ms. Keys take front stage centre at the 2012 MTV Video Music Awards on Thursday live from Los Angeles’ Shrine Auditorium.

• September 3, 2012 at 3:27 pm
    the real xoxo says:

i like this version better.

RDK Replied:

F-ck you,you are just a Nicki hater and everyone that agrees with you is just some people who want to believe that the song don’t need Nicki[the die hard alicia fans],it,s the same song nothing different it just don’t have the Nicki verse,the inferno verse is better in my opinion…..i am not tell the Alicia fans what to like,but you specifically is a Nicki hater so you can forever f-ckoff.

Truth(theREALISTubitch) Replied:

OMFG b**** REST!!!!!

• September 3, 2012 at 3:31 pm
    LittleScheisse says:

I DIDNT EVEN WANT TO CLICK THIS f****** LINK! A: BECAUSE THIS b**** STOLE SOMEBODYS MAN B: BECAUSE NICKI MINAJ IS ON THE SONG! LIKE IM SO SICK OF NICKI MINAJ COLLABS BECAUSE THEY ALL SOUND THE SAME! NICKI JUMPED ON A MILLION SONGS AND NOT ONE OF THEM POPPED EXCEPT BOTTOMS UP AND TURN ME ON! SMH ALICIA U SHOWED UR DESPERATION WITH THIS ONE! ILL CONTINUE TO NOT BUY UR MUSIC! b**** UR OFFICIALLY DONE IN MY BOOK! *WRITES DONE IN MY ALICIA KEYS DIARY AND SLAMS IT CLOSE”

LittleScheisse Replied:

OPPPS I DIDNT SEE THAT THIS WAS THE ORIGINAL MIX! STILL HATE IT!

• September 3, 2012 at 3:38 pm
    BitchICan'tEvenSpellWelfare says:

I have been a fan since “Songs in a Minor” so I am not being negative about Alicia. I adore her.

But this song is just average and nothing more.

• September 3, 2012 at 3:39 pm
    kevin says:

it’s almost exactly like the Inferno remix. Just no Nicki verses.

It’s a good song and the hook has some seriously POWERFUL vocals.

I doubt she’ll be able to bring that power live, tho.

virtuoso intellect Replied:

I’m sorry but powerful and Alicia’s vocals don’t belong in the same sentence

prettigurlrockD Replied:

I think alicia’s voice is definitely strong at times. A little pitchy. But i agree. Not powerful per se.

Stephen Replied:

Her voice may not be very powerful like the Jennifer Hudsons, Christina Aguileras and Beyonces, but she can definitely sing. You don’t have to have a powerhouse voice in order to be a great vocalist e.g Brandy is not a powerhouse, but she can sing better than Beyonce, Jennifer Hudson and co

• September 3, 2012 at 3:40 pm
    kevin says:

and LOL @ Sam trying his best to use funny grammar to be shady.

• September 3, 2012 at 3:41 pm
    Haute Hottie says:

Go ahead and put dislikes and comment with shade bish NO NO NO! No Ma’am, No Sir!. . . . This song sounds like a One Republic shelved B-Side honey. . . this tune is not catchy, not relevant, and not relate-able b****! The one with Ms. Nicki on it was a little better. . . but it sounds like Nicki’s song with Alicia as the background. . . You cannot howl a song and make people like it. . . Take it back to the days when “You Don’t Know My Name” and “Karma” and “Ain’t Got You” was the songs you used to make. . .that was some winners. . . this right here is not it.

TRUTH SERUM Replied:

Swizz Beats destroyed her creativity…

Even though New Day was better than this…

Her relationship with that poor excuse of a producer is causing her to make mediocre music… SMDH…

virtuoso intellect Replied:

i hate to agree. He is the plausible explanation for this regression in artistry

Tasha24 Replied:

She should have stayed with a woman because Swizz is just using her dumb ass.

aishaaguilerakeys Replied:

That Alicia is gone.

• September 3, 2012 at 3:42 pm
    ASAP (As Sincere As Possible) says:

So, the blue light version is the original version. I thought it was going to be another remix or something. Anyway…

While much more cohesive than the remix, the song still falls short imo. I LOVE Alicia, but she described this track as “crazy” in that VMA’s commercial. Is that her definition of “crazy”? I’m still rooting for her and I hope she keeps doing well, but yelling over pointless drums is not a good look for a lead single…I don’t mind the lead single if she gives me another top notch album, though, but will she?

• September 3, 2012 at 3:47 pm
    kijano says:

Why are they all making screaming songs ?

- Chris “don’t wake me up”
    - Christina’s “Your Body”
    - Will.i.am Ft Eva Simons “this is love”
    - Pink “Blow Me One Last Kiss”

And now this ???

JER Replied:

i don’t know! I guess the holidays are coming up. They think whoever can holler over the next 5 singers is gonna get that #1… this is not 1998

Acem Replied:

“this is not 1998″

What’s that supposed to mean?

Truth(theREALISTubitch) Replied:

@jer-u a b****

Gosh Replied:

1998 or the late 90s had better music than what you cretins listen to, lol

prettigurlrockD Replied:

Difference is Christina has been screaming and yelling all her career so we’re use to it and she’s actually better at it. Besides, if you listen to the song is talking about f****** somebody so passionate and dramatic vocals are needed for a song like that.

• September 3, 2012 at 3:59 pm
    aishaaguilerakeys says:

I love this !

• September 3, 2012 at 4:11 pm
    Honestly Speaking says:

It’s basically what I expected it to sound like. I don’t see this song doing much of anything on the charts and the screaming instead of singing is excessive to say the least. I’m not feeling this song in the way that someone should be feeling a lead single nor does this pack the punch that a lead single should have. I’m ready for the follow-up single already. Next.

virtuoso intellect Replied:

oh u just STFU. U practically criticise anyone that’s not rihanna. You’re an invalid ….. and i mean exactly that!

MC Replied:

His name should be Hypocritically Speaking. This idiot bashed anyone who isn’t Rihanna or his fave and is “critical”, but when it comes to his faves he wants haters to stfu and leave positive messages lol I can’t with this idiot.

Honestly Speaking Replied:

You two are such haters. I gave fare criticism and yet you have to bring Rihanna into every discussion to save face. I’m fair with my comments and my enjoyment of Rihanna’s music has nothing to do with Alicia and her lackluster new single.

Honestly Speaking Replied:

*fair

Acem Replied:

You being an Alicia fans negates you from playing music critic. What the hell do you know about quality or what’s good, considering who we all know you’re a fan of. You’re a joke, sweetheart.

Acem Replied:

* “You being a Rihanna fan…”
    is what I meant to say.

MC Replied:

@Honestly Speaking it is not what you said about this song that has me upset. (I think this song is okay) HOWEVER, on every post that isn’t Rihanna’s you are very nasty and rude, but when it comes to Rihanna you want everyone to start playing nice and leave positive notes. YOU NEED TO STOP BEING SUCH A HYPOCRITE. When you hate on other people, you are being “fare” “Critical” or “honest” and you have the right to speak your mind, but when others diss Rihanna and say negative things about her they are “haters” girl take your own advice and stop being a hypocrite.

Honestly Speaking Replied:

@MC I’ve never said that Rihanna is perfect or that everyone should leave comments about everything that is posted on this blog pertaining to her. However, I don’t appreciate the negativity for no good reason and people just leaving ignorant comments to stir a reaction. I think that everyone is entitled to their own opinion as long as it isn’t biased just for the sake of being negative. I’ve actually left comments that are constructive criticism and the only “artist” that I’m ever truly critical of is Beyonce. I think that we just have a misunderstanding as to the intent of my comments. I hope that I’ve been able to clear things up for you.

Honestly Speaking Replied:

*leave positive comments

• September 3, 2012 at 4:34 pm
    junior says:

if I was Alicia Keys, I would get tired of singing this after about 2 performances. Hitting that yelling note would be tiresome. But anyway, I kind of like it. The message is cool too. Much respect.

JER Replied:

Honey I got tired of hearing it after 2 listens!

• September 3, 2012 at 4:44 pm
    JER says:

omg ok. I caved and gave it another listen. THINKING MAYBE Nicki and the beat of the INFERNO mix were throwing me off. THIS SONG IS A SNOOZE!!! And a screaming snooze at that. The vocals are off. She shoulda channeled “Prelude to a Kiss” and built the song instead of coming out the gate hollerin for 4 minutes I CAN’T

• September 3, 2012 at 4:47 pm
    Jamie says:

Did she get a bad perm that took her hair out and her brain cells? Ugh!!!! Can you say boring?

Tasha24 Replied:

She has a butch hair style. But it’s cool though.

• September 3, 2012 at 4:49 pm
    Anne says:

I completely agree with HONESTLY SPEAKING. This song lacks melody or hook or sing along appeal. She is doing way too much hollering with poor vocal arrangement. I really don’t thik the lyrics are goid enough especially since there’s no beat or music to really pull you in. Don’t think this will be a hit.

Anne Replied:

meant “think” and “good”; sorry for the typos but I’m using a small keypad on an e-reader.

• September 3, 2012 at 4:52 pm
    Tbozfan10 says:

• September 3, 2012 at 5:30 pm
    MC says:

It’s okay….

• September 3, 2012 at 6:50 pm
    christinaslilfighter says:

What was the whole purpose of the Nicki Minaj version?

This song has the potential to be a hit for Alicia on a solo level.

Anyway i love it. It’s different vibe for Alicia without shying away from her roots. I’m getting an “As I Am” sequel vibe.

• September 3, 2012 at 6:58 pm
    A says:

doesnt this song has the same beat than the second single from the last album?

• September 3, 2012 at 7:21 pm
    Crow LeNs says:

I thought i would like this song without nicki but this still sound like s***

• September 3, 2012 at 8:01 pm
    I almost crashed my car into Rihanna’s forehead says:

Better than anything RIhanna has ever put out. I’m glad that Alicia is showing off her big voice. Too bad Riri can’t do that because she doesn’t have one.

prettigurlrockD Replied:

I usually don’t defend rihanna but she has NOTHING to do with this post.

• September 4, 2012 at 6:57 am
    Gosh says:

Why is she even pulling a Mariah-esque stunt of releasing multiple versions of a bland song. She should have just focused her energies in making 1 quality version. The state of our music today: previously artistic stars succumbing to pressure to sacrifice artistic merit to get that radio-friendly hit song. Radio is killing music by its focus on trashy shallow acts that silly teens gobble up like fastfood.

• September 4, 2012 at 6:59 am
    lol says:

This song is good. Thanks Alicia Keys.