Welcome to the new ThatGrapeJuice.net

Soul Train Awards 2012 Sneak Peek: Fantasia, Stevie Wonder & More Perform

soul train 2012 performances e1353253622313 Soul Train Awards 2012 Sneak Peek: Fantasia, Stevie Wonder & More Perform

The Soul Train Awards 2012 took place earlier this month in Las Vegas, and so as to whet appetites ahead of the show’s November 25th air-date, Centric have released teaser clips from some of the night’s big performances.

Fantasia “churched it and worked it” with her rendition of Aretha Franklin’s ‘Don’t Play That Song’, while Elle Varner gave the a audience a ‘Refill’. Also on the bill were Stevie Wonder, 2 Chainz, and Keyshia Cole.

Peep preview below…

• November 18, 2012 at 11:35 am
    MC says:

I love Stevie, he is one remarkable vocalist and one hell of a legend! His voice is so crispy clear and as good as it used to be back in the days. Gurl, Fantasia screaming for the heavens. I like Elle and her performance looks good.

Mobwife: gnashing teeth Replied:

FANTASIA’S WORDS OF WISDOM!!

MC Replied:

AMEN!!! *bows down* I love my soulful black sisters.

MC Replied:

No one has more than black people….sorry if it sounds like I’m upping my people but its true. I have a new-found respect for ‘Tasia after this. Thank you @Mob for sharing!

MC Replied:

*soul

• November 18, 2012 at 11:35 am
    GAslickmouf says:

No Brandy?????? WTF????

211 best R&B album of the year and no Brandy???

very disappointing at brandys team.

brandy should be everywhere performing atd any award show.

211 still has potential to do very well at selling. Everyone like the CD, even ppl that dont have the album have heard the album is really good.

Brandy did wat she said she was gona do, and that was to give this album her all.

Its all her team now.

late singles

late videos

and waiting too long for everything is the down fall. 3rd single should b out and video.

A Thanksgiving Day special should have been done.

A documentry leading up to the album should have been done also.

211 is fierce!!!

But brandy team aint!!!

credits Replied:

agreed!

toohotfortv Replied:

You mad at Brandy’s team, but what you don’t realize is that “just because you ask, that does not mean you’re going to get a yes”. Bran’s team could’ve been all over this opportunity, but if the folks at Soul Train weren’t feeling it, what can you do? Y’all people kill me acting as if you know the ins and outs of this (entertainment) business.

Mobwife: gnashing teeth Replied:

@toohotfortv

So true!!! I just hate that it has come to this point, where Black artists really have very few if any opportunities to showcase their talents anymore.

• November 18, 2012 at 11:53 am
    credits says:

Okay fantasia, i love the james brown thing on a few adlibs but that little clip sounded like it was a bit too much…i’ll wait to see the whole performance.

toohotfortv Replied:

yes…. have a seat. and wait.

truth( im known to DRAAAAAAGGG a b**** chile) Replied:

b**** please, hoe #teamtashia

• November 18, 2012 at 12:17 pm
    ONLY THE TRUTH says:

Lord know how i love Tasia but this screamfest is a NO NO. Ain’t nothing soulful about it.

toohotfortv Replied:

girl shut up… you obviously know nothing about where ‘Tasia comes from. We’re from the same county and any baptist, cogic, holiness, pentecostal church ill teach a singer how to skwal. people don’t understand black singing and the tradition and technique that lies within the art form. that is some straight up clark sisters right there. and the thing is, its all about playing the instrument. honey was a distorted electric guitar right there…. and you will deal. get into it.

truth( im known to DRAAAAAAGGG a b**** chile) Replied:

b**** EVERYTHING about it was soulful! #ninja throws two copies of I Believe at this b**** neck! #teamtashiachile

dee Replied:

FANTASIA GOT SKILLS STOP IT THIS GIRL IS AMAZING BOO STOP IT

• November 18, 2012 at 12:17 pm
    truth( im known to DRAAAAAAGGG a b**** chile) says:

Fantasia is the MUTHA FUCKN TRUTH YALL FUNKY HOEZ!! AND ILL DRAGG ANY b**** THAT SAY DIFFERENT!! Thanks Sam gowllll!!

• November 18, 2012 at 1:31 pm
    Dee says:

Love it fantasia took it to church

• November 18, 2012 at 1:40 pm
    Dee says:

It’s gospel what do you expect fantasia did good to me amazing singer go fantasia

• November 18, 2012 at 1:59 pm
    Bam Bam says:

“What ya’ll say don’t even bother me….Not anymore…..Because I have come to the conclusion that my life is like light-up-sneakers;If I just keep walking forward I know Imma shine, but its when….. when I stop that I lose my light.”
    -Fantasia

• November 18, 2012 at 2:52 pm
    Mobwife: gnashing teeth says:

Okay TA-TA did that ….LOL :-)

Elle Vernar looks and sounds an awful lot like Alicia Keys to me. Did anyone else get an Alicia vibe?

STEVLAND MOORE…..YEAH 3X for a true LEGEND! :-)

And then there is 2 freakin’ Chainz……damn the Ke$ha of the rap world IMO……psss, why is he famous?

• November 18, 2012 at 4:19 pm
    Shanta says:

Fantasia rip the 2012 Soul Train Awards I was there and she had the whole crowd on there feets and the way she is singing is the end of the performance and it supposed to be sung like that….so people please dont judge til u see the whole video

• November 18, 2012 at 5:45 pm
    Jc says:

” I was at the soul train awards an fantasia killed that **** the begining of the song started off slow, then she really got into it like aretha does an this is the clip that you see, that was at the end of the song she had every body on their feet ”

Here’s a link to the original song by Aretha!! Tasia has a different tone that Aretha but none the less TASIA is like a throw back to an era where singers really sung !