Alicia Keys & Maroon 5 To Perform At Grammy Awards 2013

shares
alicia keys girl on fire grammy e1359621479382 Alicia Keys & Maroon 5 To Perform At Grammy Awards 2013

Alicia Keys‘ new album ‘Girl On Fire’ may not be setting any chart ablaze, but that hasn’t stopped the star from booking many a major promo spot in support of the set.

For, following her scheduled performance of the US National Anthem at this Sunday’s Super Bowl, the 32 year old has today been announced as the latest star to join the performer line-up at the 55th Annual Grammy Awards.

Details after the jump…

The 14 time Grammy winner will join forces with Maroon 5 for a special live duet at the music’s biggest calendar night, which airs live from Los Angeles’ Staples Center on February 10th.

Confirmation came courtesy of Maroon’s Twitter this morning:

Keys and the Adam Levine fronted band join the likes of Justin Timberlake, Rihanna, and Taylor Swift on the performer line-up.

Be sure to keep it locked on That Grape Juice for all of your Grammy updates.

shares

1. January 31, 2013 at 4:08 am
    JUELZ says:

The National Anthem is being performed by “ALICIA KEYS”? > Oh Goodness…
    Her talent is clear as day but her voice is truly NOT fit, nor is it strong enough or powerful enough, to grace such a vocally demanding song. I think she should opt for what Marvin Gaye did, when he performed it back in 1983, and re-arrange the composition to fit a more mellow and soulful sound – with her playing the piano perhaps…?

THAT would be much better.

As for Maroon 5, I’m not really fan of the successful, albeit generic Pop/Rock, material they’ve released as of late, the same applies to Alicia so I, honestly, couldn’t care less about either. But I hope they deliver a good performance.

• January 31, 2013 at 4:55 am
      JOHNVIDAL says:

Are you forgetting all the times that anthem has been sung by voices that don´t fit such a demanding song? I´ve seen BackStreet Boys singing it, and probably N Sync too LOL So yeah Alicia is entitled to do her version.
      Not every thing should be a Whitney Houston type of vocal slayage

• January 31, 2013 at 5:14 am
        JUELZ says:

Hence why I said Alicia should re-arrange the anthems traditional composition to fit ‘her’ voice and seeing that she is a musician, who plays the piano, it shouldn’t be too difficult for her

Also, the Backstreet Boys/N’Sync & Co. have never performed the anthem on the ‘superbow;’ podium.

I’m not expecting ‘whitney houston type slayage’, but I DO expect a good performance form a ‘singer’, which Ms. Keys is… and seeing that she is a musician, who plays the piano, it shouldn’t be too difficult for her to reconstruct it artistically.

• January 31, 2013 at 9:45 am
        JOHNVIDAL says:

Ok but don´t deny you tried to shade Alicia Keys hun :)

• January 31, 2013 at 10:01 am
        Likica says:

Not every thing should be a Whitney Houston type of vocal slayage
        I Can’t at this. Honey, stop reaching, Whitney’s voice is nothing mindblowing. She is just mezzo-soprano, not even close to Mariah’s 5 octave voice and soprano range. Whitney’s voice is so overrated, I mean come on! Her songs are not that hard to sing and in shows like X factor/The Voice/Idol people can even outsing her, while Mariah’s are so so hard because of her head voice and no one can come close.

• January 31, 2013 at 3:26 pm
        JOHNVIDAL says:

@likica
        Oh please. Have several seats. Why you so obsessed with me? You´re always replying to my comments. Hell I´m even trying to avoid you, even when your comments are completely insane.
        Whitney Houston is legend, is The Voice and among other things has the best National Anthem version of all times. So memorable and emotive that it even became a hit. Kelly Clarkson is a great singer who will never be remembered cos no song sung by her is a classic and her voice (so great) just doesn´t impact people. You´ll have to deal with it. You are right about Mariah at least
        And to make my self clear I gave Kelly Clakson (I think that´s her name right?) huge thumbs up the other day. She sounded Amazing and sung live, she is clearly a better vocalist than Beyonce (although Bey owns her in all other departments). But enough is enough
        You only care about voices, not about art, so any person that despite being a true artist or a songwriter or whatever doesn´t have an outstanding voice… you hate on them (Alicia Keys, Gaga, Lana del Rey, etc, etc). And when it´s about outstanding voices… the biggest legend for you is K.C. lol and Whitney is an overrated nobody LOL
        I mean your a mess. And finally how the hell can you explain your love for Rihanna??? LMAO Criminal voice (voice yeah, that thing you are such an expert), no artistry at all, no songwriter, no dancer, generic music made by her producers like shoes (in her own words)… Explain please so we can laugh

• February 1, 2013 at 12:04 am

Thank you!!!

• February 1, 2013 at 12:05 am

• February 1, 2013 at 11:58 pm
      karen says:

Alicia deserves this honor more than anyone I know. She does have a very very powerful voice and as far as I know always sings live, as in does not lipsync, so if there is a little falter or crack, I for one could care less because I know Alicia will put everything she has into this performanc, like always. The emotion and passion Alicia always conveys through her music is what makes me love it so much. I hope this is one of her best performances and that she feels totally at ease while singing.

2. January 31, 2013 at 4:13 am
    XtinaaLovee says:

I really want xtina to perform at the grammys she would slay…. Alicia album is wack so i wish she wasnt performing shes guna bore me to death

• January 31, 2013 at 4:56 am
      JOHNVIDAL says:

Alicia´s album is wack but Xtina´s Lotus is not? Ok :) Lotus has some good things on it, but Girl on Fire is one of 2012´s best

• January 31, 2013 at 5:03 am
        True Tea says:

b****, Girl On Fire (album) >>>>>>>>> Lotus. Delusional wack ass stan

• January 31, 2013 at 5:47 am
        XtinaaLovee says:

Lotus is a fantastic album way better than that boring girl on fire mess thats her most boring album to date …

• February 1, 2013 at 12:09 am
        OK says:

Her album is getting her alot of promos and she still on top of her game at that !! Alicia will always be relevent. So the haters can have a seat cause no one cares about your opinion.

3. January 31, 2013 at 4:29 am
    Monstarebel says:

Ugh really boring ass Alicia OffKey??? I’ll change the channel during her performance..

Rihanna & Maroon 5 are the only interesting performers this year…. i hope Rihanna does a medley of where have you been, diamonds, & pour it up omg that would be amazing…

• January 31, 2013 at 4:31 am
      Monstarebel says:

Oh yea I forgot Justin Timberlake is performing I’m excited to see what he has in store hope he performs a new song not here for suit & tie

• January 31, 2013 at 5:01 am
        True Tea says:

AK is still a better artist than all your faves reunited. DEAL

• January 31, 2013 at 5:02 am
        True Tea says:

oh and btw, you have the worst tate of TGJ.

• January 31, 2013 at 5:13 am
        Monstarebel says:

Ok & that’s your opinion why is my taste in music bad because I don’t like what you like? hmmmm

• January 31, 2013 at 5:58 am
        True Tea says:

No, just because you don’t know anything about music and you’re superficial as f***.

• January 31, 2013 at 10:13 am
      Jer says:

OOP you tried it with Alicia OffKeys GRRRRRRLLLLL spill tht true T!!! ima have to steal that…

• February 1, 2013 at 12:13 am
        OK says:

Alicia brings real music to the table honey, and for a singer, songwriter, musician and humanitarian that’s RnB/Soul she is the only one doing it. And people perfer Pop music and Alicia is not pop obviously !!! TFO

4. January 31, 2013 at 4:29 am
    MISHKA says:

Justin T, Alicia, Adam Levine…

Thank God there’s still some REAL talent around.

• January 31, 2013 at 4:56 am
      JOHNVIDAL says:

That´s true

• January 31, 2013 at 6:07 am
        True Tea says:

PREACH

• February 1, 2013 at 12:14 am
      OK says:

Say it one more time for these no ear for music ass people !!!!

5. January 31, 2013 at 4:32 am
    aishaaguilerakeystesfaye says:

“Alicia Keys‘ new album ‘Girl On Fire’ may not be setting any chart ablaze”- LIES! It has already gone platinum worldwide!

• January 31, 2013 at 5:02 am
      JOHNVIDAL says:

There´s no such thing as platinum worlwide. But I see your point

• January 31, 2013 at 10:08 am
        Likica says:

It has barely sold 1 million and half of its sales come from the USA. :S

• February 1, 2013 at 12:27 am

@Likica Negative her album sold over a million almost 2 million worldwide

6. January 31, 2013 at 4:36 am
    aishaaguilerakeystesfaye says:

Smh Sam, get ur facts right! I know it hurts you that ur fave couldn’t even sing live at the Inauguration, but u don’t have to belittle the other artists to make her look better. You didn’t even mention that Alicia had been named Blackberry’s creative director. I’m looking forward to the perf, A!

7. January 31, 2013 at 4:42 am
    theman says:

Alicia’s album is doing fine, it is gold, and has sold over a million units ww. Get your info right.

8. January 31, 2013 at 4:50 am
    Cake like lady GaGa says:

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! WE DONT WANNA SEE ALICIA STRUGGLE TO SING!!

• January 31, 2013 at 5:03 am
      True Tea says:

Still better than Lady GayGay doing the clown on stage ;)

• January 31, 2013 at 9:34 am
        mob: fairness, equality & other bullsh** fairy tales says:

Yes, but Lady Gaga is entertaining.

I love the old Alicia Keys – you know pre-swizz beatz & baby! This “girl on fire” is just ……damn for lack of a better term. And I for one cannot take another bad rendition of GOF honestly. The music industry is really beginning to suck ass. They are steadily running actual and good talent out of the industry and leaving us with the POWER THAT BE’s hand-picked few!!

• January 31, 2013 at 6:27 am
      JOHNVIDAL says:

You give Lady Gaga a bad name hun. If I were her I wouldn´t want you as a fan. Try to be positive and don´t bash talented artists. You have some models out there to do that

• February 1, 2013 at 12:30 am
      OK says:

Alicia doesn’t struggle to sing shut up with that !!! People love hating on Alicia, but it doesn’t matter because she will flourish at the Superbowl…

9. January 31, 2013 at 4:57 am
    QueenBarb says:

If the queen isn’t performing I won’t be watching

• February 1, 2013 at 12:34 am

Say that !

10. January 31, 2013 at 5:06 am
    JOHNVIDAL says:

It´s a great album. It´s selling less than all her other albums but that means nothing cos those were huge sellers. So she is still doing fine. After more than a decade getting #1 albums left and right it´s normal your sells start to decrease. She is such an artist anyway

• January 31, 2013 at 6:06 am
      JOHNVIDAL says:

Wow so many people pressed at Alicia Keys. Can´t understand it, really. These kids stanning for models… wow. A few thumbs down on a blog are not going to change the reality huns

• January 31, 2013 at 10:10 am
        Likica says:

Your opinion vs opinion of other people
        If doesn’t mean that you are right though.

• February 1, 2013 at 12:32 am
        OK says:

Stanning for models and freaking STRIPPERS !!

11. January 31, 2013 at 5:54 am
    Hilly says:

Love Alicia, loved Maroon 5 (Adam’s hot) so okay! As long as Alicia doesn’t sing GOF!

12. January 31, 2013 at 8:50 am
    Tarzan says:

Who gives a f*** about this off key flop b****?

• February 1, 2013 at 12:33 am
      OK says:

Continue to hate and say negative things about Alicia just know she will be relevent and will still sell albums.

13. January 31, 2013 at 9:29 am
    mob: fairness, equality & other bullsh** fairy tales says:

Alicia Keys, b**** ASS Adam Levine & Maroon CONTRIVE, Justin Timberfake, and Trailer Swift …..DAMN, this years Grammy’s SUCK ASS!

Man I miss the days of MJ, Madonna, Whitney, Anita Baker….folks worth watching. This sh*t is getting redundant. You see the same ppl performing on every damn award show. I’m sure 1 Direction and Justin Babble are on deck to perform also…..ewwww. Hell I’d take Adele singing SkyFall!!! Is Beyonce performing? Give me something :-(

• February 1, 2013 at 12:35 am
      OK says:

Don’t watch it then, you obviously don’t like real music

14. January 31, 2013 at 9:46 am
    Adam Sizure says:

WHAT THE HELL IS THIS ARTICLE ON ABOUT!! ‘may not be setting any chart ablaze” HER ALBUM DEBUTED AT NUMBER ONE! and has sold more that 1 million copies in the US….

• January 31, 2013 at 10:11 am
      Likica says:

and has sold more that 1 million copies in the US….
      LOL nope, it has barely gone Gold honey :S It’s sold 500 000 copies in the USA.

• February 1, 2013 at 12:36 am
        OK says:

@likicia once again she sold more than 1 million almost 2 million worldwide ass. Know your facts before.

15. January 31, 2013 at 9:59 am
    MARIAH IS YOUR LEADER says:

LMAO GOF did not sell over a million copies in the US. She just reached the 500,000 mark this month! The lies & delusions….

• February 1, 2013 at 12:38 am
      OK says:

Check her instagram, no lies and delusions sweetie. SHE SOLD ALMOST 2 MILLION WORLDWIDE.

16. January 31, 2013 at 10:11 am
    Jer says:

I cant with Adam Lavines voice and i sure as hell am not here for Alicia Keys anymore. I need both Rihanna and Beyonce to perform so i can get my life. Rihanna needs to perform Slay and i need Beyoncea new single ASAP. Ill be checking for Justin too even tho that new song is just ok

• January 31, 2013 at 10:17 am
      Likica says:

Wit till Avril Lavigne comes back ^^ That will give us life baby.

17. Vote

[…] • The 2013 Grammy performance line-up continues to grow. Alicia Keys is the latest superstar to be added to the show. She will join Maroon 5 for a special duet. Justin Timberlake and Rihanna are also set to perform. [TGJ] […]

18. January 31, 2013 at 6:58 pm
    jake.ubb says:

I tried 5 different times to read this entire article and never made it through it without falling asleep. Alicia Keys just doesn’t hold my attention like she used to. There are way too many other exciting performers out there – she bores me.
    http://jakeubb.tumblr.com/ – I follow back!

• February 1, 2013 at 12:39 am
      OK says:

Stop clicking on articles that has something to do with Alicia then, there problem solved.