New Song: Alicia Keys – ‘Brand New Me’ (Pt. 2)

shares
9eb5ff850bff048a91349102668a5950 New Song:  Alicia Keys   Brand New Me (Pt. 2)

‘Brand New Me’ belter Alicia Keys puts a brand new twist on the second official single from her latest #1 album ‘Girl On Fire’.

As fans know, Friday saw Keys celebrate her 32nd birthday. But, now it appears it’s her fans who are receiving the ultimate gift – new music! Reaching into the vault to sample Crystal Waters 1991 hit ‘Gypsy Woman’, Alicia shared:

“I’ve been so overwhelmed by all of your birthday love that I HAD to do something extra special for you! Love to you!!! Big shout to Crystal Waters for your inspiration!… New Music!! B.N.M Part 2!!!!”

Hear the brand new ‘Brand New Me’ below:

We love it! Do you?

shares

This Week's Top Commentators

Top Commentators

• Tyler

Tyler (96)

• I STAN(D) FOR TALENT

I STAN(D) FOR TALENT (71)

• DEL BEY

DEL BEY (58)

• BeyxMaraj

BeyxMaraj (52)

1. January 26, 2013 at 1:37 am
    Lauren says:

Oh the poor children will not get it, they will NOT have a clue,they are so accustomed to the kiddy music with no substance, they could NEVER appreciate this TRUE mucisian and her undeniable talents. I actually feel sorry for some ofthese kids, they will never recognize greatness. SAD!! as for the song love it!!and lovvvvvvvvvve the original, classic!

• January 26, 2013 at 2:59 am
      WHY YOU MAD says:

go cry in a corner about it..if you like it good for you, if someone else don’t that their business.

• January 26, 2013 at 1:00 pm
        PSA (FAF) says:

@WHY YOU MAD — preach !

Thats what I’m sayin thou . everybody always talkin about “Kids wont like it ” b**** did u buy it ?

Apparently not ! her album flopped !

• January 26, 2013 at 1:22 pm
      sara says:

Wow… My best friend has just announced her wedding with a handsome millionaire shortly after they met on~~~ http://meetlove.yolasite.com/ ~~~ 6 months ago. This is a site where you can meet rich successful men and classy gorgeous women such as CEOs, athletes, doctors, lawyers, models, celebrities, etc….Maybe you can take a try

2. January 26, 2013 at 1:37 am
    OMG Just Google Kelsnetwork and see what happens... says:

i prefer the first one…. anyway i cant wait till Alicia Keys performs the national anthem LIVE……

• January 26, 2013 at 2:11 am
      Noel says:

I see that fail of shade….no one wants to see Ms.Keys wail the anthem, and I say this as a fan.

• January 27, 2013 at 12:44 am
        Sonya says:

No, I’m not looking forward to seeing her wail it but I am looking forward to seeing her SING it. She may not hit the highest notes everytime or be in perfect voice everytime but I love the passion and emotion that comes through in every live unlipsynced performance she gives. Alilcia is a powerhouse vocalist and there are few better than her. @DEV, The album is not stiff, as a matter of fact it is very entertaining to those of us who appreciate Alicia’s talent and growth. @PSA (FAF), So an album is a flop when it sell over a million copies and the single sells over two million copies? And it’s still selling and it just went platinum. Definitely not a flop. Another example of not believing everything people say on the internet.

3. January 26, 2013 at 1:58 am
    King B>Rihanna says:

i like the beat

• January 26, 2013 at 9:51 pm
      IDK says:

me 2.

4. January 26, 2013 at 2:16 am
    Dev says:

Considering it used an iconic sample from a song with a message it didn’t really go anywhere. It started, i listened, it ended and then i was compelled to go and listen to the original.
    I’m not sure what Mrs Keys is doing. The album is the stiffest, dullest she has done and shes now 32 and this new uptempo her doesn’t suit or shes just not pushing the vocals, songs and concepts.

5. January 26, 2013 at 3:03 am
    NΛVI says:

this is so 2013.. love it!

6. January 26, 2013 at 3:03 am
    theman says:

It’s dope. She doesn’t have to do the same shyt. It’s cool. It’s fresh….

7. January 26, 2013 at 3:26 am
    Lax says:

FIYAH!

8. January 26, 2013 at 3:28 am
    Jer says:

Tired. I see Alicia is joining in on the gimmicks to give her song an edge. But of course when she does it, its not a national tragedy or a desperate gimmick huh.

9. January 26, 2013 at 3:38 am
    Don't_Start_No_Shit says:

No Thank you Alicia.. I just don’t like your music anymore!!.. What happen to the “Songs in A Minor ” Alicia Key?!?!.. I loved that girl!!!

• February 1, 2013 at 3:42 pm
      Karen says:

LOL. So, you don’t like her music anymore, then just don’t like it. Why do you feel it necessary to let everyone know? There are many other people that do. Go, listen to your favs and let us that do LOVE her music enjoy it.

10. January 26, 2013 at 3:44 am
    Just terrible says:

Hate it. This is a little too far from “Fallin'” and “Diary” for my taste. I want the old Alicia back. That was painful to sit through. It almost seems like she’s fallen prey to the Usher/Neyo syndrome…unable to be herself because idiots are in love with EDM.

11. January 26, 2013 at 4:06 am
    christinastherealtalent says:

She shouldve just left it at the original version.

12. January 26, 2013 at 4:21 am
    BeyFRAUD Armstrong (Beyonce's Weave) says:

BORING.

13. January 26, 2013 at 4:23 am
    BeyFRAUD Armstrong (Beyonce's Weave) says:

Alexandra Burke did it better

• January 26, 2013 at 1:03 pm
      PSA (FAF) says:

honey “la dadi la dada” is from a song called “Homeless” from the ’90s …. Alexandra did NOT make this !

• January 26, 2013 at 2:08 pm
        BeyFRAUD Armstrong (Beyonce's Weave) says:

I never said she did, I said Alexandra did it better.

• January 26, 2013 at 4:39 pm
        Isabelle says:

The song was actually called “Gypsy Woman”. Penned and sung by Crystal Waters.

14. January 26, 2013 at 4:40 am
    Yawn says:

INCREDIBLE!!!!!!!!!!

15. January 26, 2013 at 5:32 am
    adia says:

Really good but dnt like da chorus

16. January 26, 2013 at 9:23 am
    JOHNVIDAL says:

Alicia is just a sensational artist. Yes her voice is having problems lately but it doesn´t get anything away from her. “Girl on Fire” album is so great. Of course some kids will find it boring
    Plus the looks and style of this last era are her best ever

• January 26, 2013 at 1:02 pm
      PSA (FAF) says:

LMFAO dumb f*** so since she has Vocal problems u can make a pass ? Then come in other artists threads & talk about what they aren’t & can not be ?

U are a pathetic, hating c*** — a senile mess !

17. January 26, 2013 at 11:50 am
    CHUDDS says:

I actually like it! ITS TIME FOR THE PERCULATOR!!!

18. January 26, 2013 at 12:32 pm
    ƸӜƷ MC ƸӜƷ says:

I love the cover and I appreciate the change up instead of giving us the same beat as the “BNM” part 1. I like the beat very much! I like how she’s branching out. I must say that her album “Girl on fire” has great lyrical content/production on it, its just her voice that sometimes gets in the way but I can’t really complain.

19. January 26, 2013 at 1:05 pm
    PSA (FAF) says:

I don’t know what she’s going for — A. Keys is very experimental with her music she releases many versions of one song but its awkward because her target fanbase is 20-50 yrs old I don’t know if this will knock on radio it sounds like a club remix –

20. January 26, 2013 at 1:14 pm
    Lauren says:

You people are so limited. People grow they have new experiences, different things matter to them. Songs in A minor wws from a 19 year old just starting to experience life, if her music sounded the same I would be sad about that. That is the problem with US fans they are limited in the way they see artist and music. Thats why many big artist thrive in other countries because those fans allow artist to grow and try new things. You people treat music the way you live which is very limited, some of you dont leave your neighborhoods, have never been to another state or country, heck in some cases never even been to the suburbs, its sad you expect people to stay the same, there is no way and artist will stay the same after getting married, having a kid and traveling the world, especially an artist like Alicia Keys who WRITES AND COMPOSES HER OWN MUSIC. Its so sad that you guys are so limited, her music is awesome, there is lyrical and musical growth in every one of her albums. This last one being one of the best ever, her music speaks to the soul, to the soul to situations to experiences. 101, thats when I knew, Brand New Me, Not Even a King,, shoot the whole darn album, right to the soul and it will do the same in 20 years because it is timeless.

• January 26, 2013 at 3:26 pm
      JOHNVIDAL says:

Agree with all the nice things you said about Alicia. But I´m nor sure about America being more limited than other countries. I think they have one of the best tastes for music. I think European fans leave some artists on a side the moment they change their style, more than Americans. Any pop artist who becomes huge everywhere but starts changing to R&B or other genre can forget about being that huge ever again in Europe

• January 27, 2013 at 12:29 am
        Misha says:

I disagree, when America turned their backs on Tina, Michael, Madonna, etc. they all went overseas and still have solid, hardcore fan bases in Japan, Great Britan, Australia, etc. Even Ciara and Keri Hilson can go overseas and sell out stadiums but have a problem doing it right here, those fans are fans, they are not fearweather, they stick with those artist. Tina has been performing overseas to sold out crowds for the past 20 years now, it would not happen here.

• January 27, 2013 at 8:11 am
        JOHNVIDAL says:

I think Tina has been doinf pretty well in the uSA too with her tours
        But anyway, it´s true what you said in a way. But I refer to those artists who change their styles. Tina, Michael and Madonna kept doing their things without too much change (at least in the eyes of their fans). But others who dare to really change the type of music they do (Mariah carey for example) have it more difficult overseas than in the USA imo

21. January 27, 2013 at 4:04 pm
    dyllypickles says:

whether you like her or not, or hate this new sound or not, this song is HOT.

22. Vote

[…] Grammy winner Alicia Keys rang in her 32nd birthday by gifting fans with brand new version of her latest single ‘Brand New Me’. The  empowering piano ballad’s remix sees […]