New Song: R. Kelly – ‘I Know You Are Hurting’ (Sandy Hook Tribute)

shares
af6f7c09ab373aa19bb39a0ae7cb6f36 New Song:  R. Kelly   I Know You Are Hurting (Sandy Hook Tribute)

Today saw the children of Newton, Connecticut’s Sandy Hook Elementary return to the school for the first time since that life-changing tragedy of late 2012.

As the world continues to mourn for the children who fell victim to the senseless act, ‘The World’s Greatest’ crooner R. Kelly unveils ‘I Know You Are Hurting’ in their honor.

The tune is surely a tear-jerker, but Kelly does not actually contribute his vocals to the tune and instead relies on a children’s choir to sing his lyrics – an addition that makes the song all the more saddening. See what we mean below:

Kudos to Kelly for this number.  Indeed, it does not help the healing process when there is constant reminder of tragedy.  However, it’s our duty to remember such events so that they aren’t repeated.  And, more importantly, honor the survivors and their families.

shares

This Week's Top Commentators

• Mark111

Mark111 (66)

• I STAN(D) FOR TALENT

I STAN(D) FOR TALENT (63)

• BeyRihLiyah

BeyRihLiyah (54)

• Tyler

Tyler (53)

1. January 3, 2013 at 10:38 pm
    Cream says:

Trying to stay relvant much?

2. Vote

ROBERT KELLY WHERE WAS THIS TRIBUTE TO THE CHILDREN THAT DIED IN CHICAGO IN ONE WEEKEND? WHERE YOU WERE BORN? IM SORRY BUT THESE SO CALLED TRIBUTES ARE JUST ANOTHER MARKETING SCHEME TO MAKE PEOPLE BUY THEIR s***!! IM SORRY BUT 30 MUTHAFUCKING PEOPLE WERE KILLED IN A SINGLE WEEKEND IN THE CHI AND HALF THE VICTIMS WERE UNDER THE AGE OF 13!! WHERE ARE THEIR TRIBUTES?

3. January 3, 2013 at 10:40 pm
    Monstarebel says:

didn’t he m***** a child? no thanks….

ALL OF THIS!!!^^^^^^ <3

• January 4, 2013 at 12:44 am
      ffff says:

No, that was your dad, d***.

• January 4, 2013 at 12:51 am
        Touché says:

lol

• January 4, 2013 at 1:18 am
        Monstarebel says:

Awwwww…I’m sorry your mad but it isn’t my fault you support a p********…xoxo

• January 4, 2013 at 10:38 am
      bey says:

WAS IT CONSENUAL OR HE HOLD THAT SO-CALLED CHILD AT GUN POINT???????????? IT TAKES TWO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4. January 3, 2013 at 10:40 pm
    ƸӜƷ MC ƸӜƷ says:

I think what he did was a beautiful thing. My heart and prayer goes out to the families of the lost ones and the lost souls. Unfortunately, children dying occurs too frequently around the world and its time to pay respects to ALL the children of the world.

5. January 3, 2013 at 10:49 pm
    Shawn242 says:

I wonder if he woulda pissed on one of those kids if he had a chance

6. January 3, 2013 at 10:51 pm
    SHA (I have DESTROYED Rita WhOra now PAIGE THOMAS) says:

f*** NEWTON and those white children where is the tributes to Chicago???? Black kids dead no one says s*** White kids dead we need to change gun laws #BYEBITCH

• January 4, 2013 at 10:03 am
      GETACLUE says:

I UNDERSTAND YOUR FRUSTRATIONS IN REGARDS TO THE CHICAGO SUMMER OF KILLING. ITS UNJUST AND IM PISSED ABOUT THE LACK OF COVERAGE, BUT THERE IS A DIFFERENCE BETWEEN THE TWO.

IF YOU SHOW ME YOUR FRIENDS I’LL SHOW YOU YOUR FUTURE AND TRUTH BE TOLD A LOT OF THE DEATHS IN CHICAGO REVOLVED AROUND THIER GANG AND YOUTH ISSUES. THE CHILDREN OF NEWTON WERE AT SCHOOL AND THEIR FRIENDS ONLY FINGER PAINTED.

AT THE END OF THE DAY NO INNOCENT PERSON CHILD OR NOT CHILD DESERVES TO DIE ESPECIALLY IN THAT FASHION NO MATTER WHAT RACE.

IM A BLACK MAN FROM THE SOUTH, I GREW UP IN A TIME THAT I COULD ACTUALLY SEE KLAN RALLIES 3 MILES FROM MY NEIGHBORHOOD. SO MY DISDAIN FOR CERTAIN “MAINSTREAM” INDIVIDUALS PREVALENT.
      GUN LAWS DO NEED TO CHANGE YOU HAVE TO GO THROUGH A MORE RIGOROUS PROCEDURE TO GET A DRIVERS LICENSE.

WHICH MAKES NO SENSE THERE HAVE TO BE NEW GUIDE LINES THIS IS COMING FROM SOMEONE WHO LEGALLY OWES AND IS LICENSED TO CARRY. ITS DEF NOT ME I’M WORRIED ABOUT BUT THOSE WHO DONT NECESSARILY THINK LIKE ME… JUST MY THOUGHTS HAVE A BLESSED DAY

• January 8, 2013 at 2:00 am
        dezi says:

A child finger painting at school is no different than a child outside playing and getting caught up in the cross-fire HOW DARE YOU. Yes that was a tragic event that took place at sandy-hook – but i’m not going to sit here and value their lives over others who have died tragically.

Also everytime a black child or adult is gunned down it isn’t always centered around gang violence like the media wants people to believe. They have been pushing that old myth for years so that people can grow desensitized of it and adopt that f***** up attitude that you have only to say insensitive remarks such as” IT’S A DIFFERENCE” Why because they were white? Please go somewhere with that. Society has been brain-washed to place value on white life while turning their nose to others pain and loss 22 asian children were stabbed the same day across the pond and nobody said s*** – But the same people wanted the world to stop for them. Whites aren’t no better than nobody else and their lives are of no more value.

• January 5, 2013 at 12:14 am
      Deb says:

You are a racist, no more comment

7. January 3, 2013 at 10:59 pm
    My forehead tho says:

Lets not forget this is the same man that f***** a little girl, peed on another, and married another (Aaliyah).

He should be the last person around or even talking about kids -_-

• January 4, 2013 at 10:39 am
      bey says:

YOU TOO HARSH b****!!!!

8. January 3, 2013 at 11:05 pm
    Bryan Dossome says:

Seems many here don’t like R.Kelly….I’m not surprised,i’m sure when he dies people will now acknowledge the immense contribution he made to music (see MJ)

• January 4, 2013 at 10:39 am
      bey says:

9. January 3, 2013 at 11:15 pm
    Kcool's Chocolate Box says:

I recently saw R Kelly perform for a intimate show on New Years weekend in Vegas & he mentioned all the violence in his hometown in the Chi. He does care.

10. January 3, 2013 at 11:59 pm
    QUEEN MINAJ says:

YOU PISSED ON A GIRL
    GOODBYE

• January 4, 2013 at 10:41 am
      bey says:

YOU ACT SO IMMATURE LIKE 30YRS OLD ACTING LIKE 10YR OLD, HOODRAT LOW CLASS BYE!!!!!!

11. January 4, 2013 at 12:16 am
    nickalus Randle says:

u people r so cruel!!!!!! DEMONS ON EARTH I TELL YA!!!!! R. Kelly ALWAYS does a beautiful tribute song when a tragedy occurs…he ALWAYS does, so stop all this HATE!!!!!!! lord b with these people-SICKENING!!!!!

12. January 4, 2013 at 12:24 am
    HoneychildPlease says:

I wonder if he hit on any of those children in the choir…how about making a song about the children you molested that are hurting from your complementary golden shower’s robert…

• January 4, 2013 at 10:42 am
      bey says:

GIRL I DONT AGREE WITH YOU ON THIS ONE<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<, SMH

13. January 4, 2013 at 12:31 am
    Kcool's Chocolate Box says:

God says not to judge. If I went behind ur closed doors and saw what U did. I bet U would all shut ur mouths up. U people are not so innocent & would make R Kelly look like Mickey Mouse…

• January 4, 2013 at 10:42 am
      bey says:

14. January 4, 2013 at 12:47 am
    Love Letter says:

Lol, I hope you guys know that the people in here cracking stupid jokes are all one person. What a miserable life they live.

15. January 4, 2013 at 1:05 am
    Tisha says:

Back in the day no one could sang like this man, I am somewhat sorry I couldn’t hear the lyrics from him.

• January 4, 2013 at 1:20 am
      Monstarebel says:

Usher b****>>>

16. January 4, 2013 at 2:51 am
    reality says:

I dont think yall who are mocking R. Kelly as an alleged child m******* realize that you are not only insulting him but you are insulting the children who were killed in this shooting. You f****** ignorant asses brats really have no heart or soul.

Anyway, this was a beautiful song.

@ LOVE LETTER

Most of the people including Monstarebel talking s*** about him are thatvrapejuice posing as fake users just to start s***. Why do youhink on just about every Rihanna, Beyonce, Christina post etc….Monstarebel is the very first one to rrspond regardless if its a positive or negatice comment. Because its Sam posing as this person just to inflate her hits.

• January 4, 2013 at 3:05 am
      Monstarebel says:

pressed??? how can I be sam or apart of thatgrapejuice when they hate Rihanna who I stan for! b**** it’s common sense….xoxo

17. January 4, 2013 at 9:05 am
    Savannah says:

You juvenile hating dummies were probably conceived to an R. Kelly song! Scandals aside, check his discography and soundscan losers…..since you all stan for sales so much!

18. January 4, 2013 at 10:10 am
    Settoz says:

R kelly you the Boss you touch so many hearts with your music kudo

• January 4, 2013 at 10:43 am
      bey says:

19. January 4, 2013 at 12:15 pm
    oops says:

Beautiful… So much hate its just a song for healing the children. Great Job RKelly.

20. Vote

[…] stigma that continues to attach itself to R. Kelly’s name, the R&B Pied Piper released “I Know You Are Hurting” for the victims and their […]

21. January 4, 2013 at 12:59 pm
    ohhh says:

I don’t understand how anyone can find something bad to say about this song. I mean, the man isn’t even singing on it so you can’t hate. It’s very touching. Just a choir and those lyrics really hit home.

R. Kelly is a musical genius. He always uses his talents for great inspirational songs. You can’t hate on that. So shut up.

22. January 4, 2013 at 1:01 pm
    Taylor says:

Beautiful song. R. Kelly is a Genius and a FANTASTIC singer. Everyone called Michael a freak then he died now you love him,some called Elvis a racist now he’s the greatest. Keep you judgement to yourself.

23. Vote