Joe Enlists Fantasia For New Album / Eyes July Release

JOE THAT GRAPE JUICE Joe Enlists Fantasia For New Album / Eyes July Release

Two years after impacting the Billboard 200 with ‘The Good, The Bad & The Sexy’, ‘Closer‘ entertainer Joe is gearing up to release a brand new album this Summer, and has enlisted the help of ‘Lose To Win’ chart topper Fantasia to make it happen.

Details below….

Billed ‘DoubleBack: Evolution of R&B’, the release is set to drop on July 2nd and features vocals from Fantasia on the cut ‘Love & Sex‘.

Speaking to Vibe Magazine, he shared:

“It’s “an ode’ to classic R&B. I double backed to when music was heard with live horns, live strings, and live drums, to a time when soul music was very stylish and elegant.”

Peep the track list below…

1.    Something For You
2.    Easy
3.    Baby
4.    Compromise
5.    Magic City
6.    I’d Rather Have A Love
7.    Love & Sex (featuring Fantasia)
8.    Sexy
9.    More
10.  Mary Jane
11.  1 to 1 Ratio (featuring Too Short)
12.  DoubleBack

Target (2 Bonus Tracks)
1.    Walk Away
2.    Smoove

Best Buy Bonus Track
1.    I’d Rather Have A Love (Remix Featuring Fat Joe)

Source.

• May 4, 2013 at 4:51 pm
    CareFree says:

Yasss , Can Not Wait…two of my Favs

• May 4, 2013 at 5:00 pm
    JARED (WHITE DUDE) says:

I like Joe – ‘I Wanna Know’ is one of my favourite R&B songs of all time, but…

Brian McKnight >>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Sorry. :)

DOSSOME Replied:

I went to a Brian McKnight concert years ago and he sang ONE LAST CRY..I will always love that song,that man SAAAAAANG

JARED (WHITE DUDE) Replied:

As did I…

It was a small intimate gig however; I went with two female friends (Black1 & Bi-Racial) – I could’ve sworn I was the only White person there. LOL.

But yes, he gave me chills. Especially when he sang “Anytime”. I cried.

DOSSOME Replied:

How old are you seriously?it’s like we grew up around the same time…Anytime was my jam as well..how we went from that to Trey Songz i don’t understand

JARED (WHITE DUDE) Replied:

I’m 24. …25 in November. :)

But yes, I hate the way Brian changed his musical scope from ‘romantic, honest & sensuous’ to ‘dirt-s**’.

SAD. :(

@Jared
    Sagittarius, horrible…haha

I’m 24 too,turning 25 in June 26th

JARED (WHITE DUDE) Replied:

@Dossome…

AWESOME. ;)

@SUICDE…

Boy, please. LOL.

‘Saggi’s’ are the BOMB.

:) :) :)

@Jared
    No, Geminis are the best. We have Mercury’s blood, Aphrodite’s sensuality and the beauty of Adonis/Venus.

Avi Replied:

You are so fake. LOL

• May 4, 2013 at 5:02 pm
    Suicide Blonde says:

Is Thatgrapejuice celebrating the Unknown people day?

JARED (WHITE DUDE) Replied:

LOL.

Stop it Blondie!

I know who these people are…

:) :) :)

@Jared
    I’m sorry.

JARED (WHITE DUDE) Replied:

You don’t have to apologize Babe… LOL.

;) x

RICHANDBLACK11 Replied:

That’s the kiii boo…I am lol

RICHANDBLACK11 Replied:

stop it I say…..Joe was cool back in the day …I wanna know was my jam (first love) I became a grown lady with big tits and deep coin purse lol.

@RICHANDBLACK11
    I thought you were a guy.

RICHANDBLACK11 Replied:

I am boo….me joking around being crazy

@RICHANDBLACK11
    I love you more for that and I’m crazy, all day, all night.

DOSSOME Replied:

Hey Suicide,Joe featured Justin Timberlake and NSYNC in his I BELIEVE IN YOU song..

@DOSSOME
    Oh…..i forget him, how do you know that i will know him for that?

DOSSOME Replied:

you like JT and everything he does…but vocally he murdered those 5 white boys on that song

JC can sing tho.

DOSSOME Replied:

I know,even better than JT…NSYNC>>>>>>>>>> BSB,WESTLIFE,boyzone and all the other white boy bands..i still blast GIRLFRIEND & BYE BYE BYE to relive those days,lol

Suicide Blonde Replied:

I disagree, The Backstreet Boys were so much better, especially when it comes to ballads :)

JARED (WHITE DUDE) Replied:

“UB40″ is the only WHITE boy-band who can really sing. I used to think they were Black, especially the lead singer. But no, they’re White and British. AMAZING.

@Jared
    I love UB40, Kingston Town is still my jam.

JARED (WHITE DUDE) Replied:

And don’t forget ‘Can’t help falling in Love’ & Red, Red Wine’ – MY FAVOURITES.

But yes, they were a White band doing Black/Reggae music and did it well.

DOSSOME Replied:

@Jared,i love UB4O too,my mum still plays their LPs..”Bring me your cup” is my all time fave of theirs

• May 4, 2013 at 5:05 pm
    DOSSOME says:

I’m buying it…he’s one of my earlier faves from back in the day.i still enjoy THE LOVE SCENE,THANK GOD I FOUND YOU,STUTTER,I WANNA KNOW,I BELIEVE IN YOU,NO ONE ELSE COMES CLOSE,GOOD GIRLS and MORE AND MORE til this very day

RICHANDBLACK11 Replied:

Yass him and CASE…..They trying to bring R&B back baby

DOSSOME Replied:

I’m team good ole RnB here

RICHANDBLACK11 Replied:

yes those were the good ole days

JARED (WHITE DUDE) Replied:

‘I Wanna Know’ will always be special to me… I made love to that song. ;)

But yes, I do like ‘Stutter’…

LOL.

SLAYRIAH CAREY (SUPERIOR DIVA) Replied:

Wait, this is the guy that did ‘Thank god I found you’ with Mariah?

@SLAYRIAH…Yeah it’s him..and 98 degrees were on the song as well

SLAYRIAH CAREY (SUPERIOR DIVA) Replied:

Yeah, I know. Never really enjoyed that song BTW.
    ‘After Tonight’ was always my favorite song from ‘Rainbow’.
    It felt like ‘My all’ part 2 IMO.

• May 4, 2013 at 5:13 pm
    DOSSOME says:

My fave is NO ONE ELSE COMES CLOSE,i get so happy when these artists i grew up listening to still make good music

Suicide Blonde Replied:

I DIDN’T KNOW HE WAS the original singer of this song, anyway the Backstreet Boys cover is 1000 better.

DOSSOME Replied:

BACKSTREET BOYZ???oh boy,lmao….He actually wrote the song

Suicide Blonde Replied:

I like more the Kidz version.

• May 4, 2013 at 5:13 pm
    Rosie says:

No1curr, how about TGJ report about artists who are actually relevant instead of dated ass Steve Harvey Morning Show filler singers, it gives them the most pageviews too.
    Or maybe a spotlight on other genres that are more relevant than R&B at this point? Phoenix did 50k last week, which is probably more than Joe will do tbh.

DOSSOME Replied:

@ROSIE my friend advised me to listen to Del Rey and i was pleasantly surprised,she actually makes good music,so i will never come for her SNL show again….that said,some of us grew up on these “irrelevant” artists and i’m glad TGJ is posting on them.Don’t listen to artists coz they’re relevant,listen to them coz they’re good.

Rosie Replied:

First of all it’s good to see you getting into Lana :)
    Also I do listen to some R&B, I replay the hell out of Miguel and some others. However I just think that Joe’s music is too generic and dated, nothing new or fresh and he will continue to have no hits outside of Urban AC and 2x Costco Paper Towel certified albums and singles if he continues with this. I am being 100% unbiased right now.

jrsells Replied:

You sound incredibly stupid.. FANTASIA is FAMOUS! She has the #1 Album in the COUNTRY… and #2 on billboard! She’s far from irrelevent or unknown.. Stop hating heffa!

• May 4, 2013 at 5:46 pm
    J.LOvebird says:

So we know 3 things about today’s climate.

1. The US is not economically healthy at the moment, and when the US is facing times of hard economic times, African Americans are hit the hardest.

2. RnB is does well in the United States but does so so outside of the US. It is a big US genre much like country music.

3. African Americans are the biggest consumers of RnB music.

So until African American’s disposable income levels rise again to the point where they are willing to spend money on a CD, there should only be about 4 RnB acts releasing music in any given year. The reason I say this is because once you have too many RnB acts, it saturates the market and they’ll be too many albums but not enough disposable dollars to go around.

I think the big names (Alicia Off-Keys, Usher, Brandy and Frank Ocean) should have been the only ones who should have released albums last year and this year others(Miguel, Fantasia, Justin Timberlake and Chris Brown)should be allowed to give it a go.

With so many RnB acts releasing music in the same year, it will draw attention from some acts and steal some numbers away from them. Just my view on it.

OMG!…

RICHANDBLACK11 Replied:

This thing is just so stupid ……don’t affect me boo I’m richandblack boo lol

@RICHANDBLACK11
    LMAO.

Junior Queens & Lesbians in training Replied:

No J. Lovebird. Just No! There was nothing fresh about the era you’re projecting. Before all these artists you’re showing it had been done before by chaka demus & plies, shaggy…
    A good song is a good song and promo is paramount. Black singers dont get promo budgets or free exposure like other overrated artists

JARED (WHITE DUDE) Replied:

But…

That’s where all the questions lie, in relation to R&B music:

What quality of R&B music do people want?

1) 1960′s/70′s ‘Rhythm & Blues/Soul’- basedR&B music – the peak of both genre’s?

2) 1980′s/90′s ‘Urban Contemporary/Pop’- based R&B music?

3) 1990′s/00′s ‘Hip-Hop’- based Contemporary R&B music?

How do we bring the genre forward? R&B, in the 2010′s, is stilk stuck in the past, sonically speaking @LOVEBIRD

J.LOvebird Replied:

Honey, first you have to solve the issue of economics. Right now, African American (biggest consumers of RnB) incomes are focused more on priorities, this is why whilst they might want to spend money on their fav, they just cannot, they have to focus on priorities, and this is why you see poor numbers.

Secondly, I liked the direction RnB took in the 00s era by combining Reggae Dancehall and a new sound to their music. This was a good direction because it cemented RnB’s relevancy without taking away from the quality.

J.LOvebird Replied:

J.LOvebird Replied:

J.LOvebird Replied:

Honey, the best way I could answer you is in order for RnB music to bring something fresh, it needs to go back to the mother land IMO. There’s simply a different sound there that they can exploit to bring about something different.

J.LOvebird Replied:

J.LOvebird Replied:

I HATE this b**** but even I can admit this is an assured hit. An example of exploiting a different sound to make something fresh and inventive.

• May 4, 2013 at 5:51 pm
    J.LOvebird says:

Are we also ever going to get a new Jagged Edge album? Used to like these guys.

DOSSOME Replied:

Where did they go??Jaheim needs to make new music as well

J.LOvebird Replied:

Yasss, I also miss me some Peaches and Cream

• May 4, 2013 at 5:56 pm
    truth(i will draaag the f*** outta icki and her stans) says:

b**** DATS HOT!!

• May 4, 2013 at 6:11 pm
    Kim Kardashian Stan says:

Who cares she’s an ugly monkey looking h**

Rosie Replied:

Just like that fat BEAST Kum Kardashian.

Kim Kardashian Stan Replied:

excuse me? and this is coming from the lama del hay stan your fav prostitutes herself out to old dirty men b**** gtfoh

• May 4, 2013 at 6:23 pm
    HOWYOULIKEIT says:

Eh, I wish you the best.
    Original RNB is still missed.

• May 4, 2013 at 6:32 pm
    Itsremyshow says:

Yesss!!! real music is giving us some beautiful shade from all the Wannabe artist out there. Like Brandy did he about to put some fear in these new Ho’s. Who else is waiting for unleash the dragon 2.0? come on Sysqo announce your come back already.

• May 4, 2013 at 6:33 pm
    DOSSOME says:

I agree to some degree,his problem majorly was he practically never evolved as an artist.whereas i still like his music,the industry has changed and one has to evolve,by either incorporating new stuff into your old sound,or just going for something new altogether..something,i’m afraid he failed to do…but i wouldn’t put it that harshly lol.

• May 4, 2013 at 6:50 pm
    SLAYRIAH CAREY (SUPERIOR DIVA) says:

Sorry Joe, I will not be purchasing that album. My money will be spent On Mariah’s New album, Perfume (Dreams), OPI Collection, Rihanna’s upcoming singles, and I will be physically purchasing a copy of THE FLOP PRINT to throw it in the garbage where it rightfully belongs.

RICHANDBLACK11 Replied:

you are just too damn funny ….not throw it in the garbage lmao

DOSSOME Replied:

You’re such a messy lamb lmao…probably why i like you

LDC Replied:

LOL nobody cares about your short money sweetheart.

• May 5, 2013 at 4:51 am
    Jackieyonce says:

@j.Loverbird why are you so heartless and mean? I mean beyonce hasn’t done anything to you? Why do you hate her so much? Its like she killed your parents or something? I mean the hate you got is really scary. I don’t even wanna be around you chile! I like rihanna I have her GGGB and TTT albums but the way you navy hate beyonce its really scary. I even become so negative and I don’t even hate riri. Everytime I’m reading comments here I get so upset because I love beyonce so much. Anyways