Keri Hilson Pours New Album Details / Confirms Kanye West Collaboration

shares

Keri Hilson is talking new album details, and our pals over at XXL Mag got the exclusive!

Arriving at the publication to raise awareness for HIV/AIDs, the Urban Pop Princess spilled exciting new information on her third studio album….and Kanye West’s contribution to it.

Good news below…

With over 1 million copies of 2010’s ‘Pretty Girl Rock‘ sold, Hilson said of her new album:

“It’s my comeback. It has to be. I feel confident about it. I like it. That’s all I can control. How it feels to me. It feels like I am gearing up to be back. I’m really excited for my fans. They’ve held me down. I almost feel like I didn’t take a break because they held me down. They still cared about me. They stuck by me and supported me through it when they had no clue what I was doing or why I wasn’t releasing music. But I really do appreciate that.”

When asked if she’d worked with Kanye West (‘Knock You Down’) on the release, she admitted:

“I already have throughout my break. I’ve actually worked with him. I can’t say much about it, but it was awesome. He’s a genius. I really, really enjoyed working with him.”

On her new single:

“I never know what’s going to happen. I could go to the studio tonight—and I will—I could top it. I might feel more confident about a record than I do after it. Even if we think we chose a single, anything could happen. I just want to make sure. People have been waiting my re-arrival. I just want to make sure I give them my best. I don’t want to rush. I don’t want to release something that I don’t feel wholeheartedly about. I feel that I am there. I just want to be sure. I want to take my time and make sure this comeback is just that.”

With ‘No Boys Allowed’ spawning many a fan favorite and an undeniable smash hit single, here’s to a new album that does even better.

As far as material goes, there’s no doubt Keri’s cooking up her best work to date, but what we’re most excited about is its roll out- especially if its anything like ‘Allowed‘s and sees her score radio play on Urban and Top 40 formats.

Here’s to its success!!

shares

1. June 30, 2013 at 6:55 am
    . : : h 2 o : : . says:

fLOP

• June 30, 2013 at 7:22 am
      yooooooooo (keristan) says:

its arguable whether she’s a flop or not, since she has a gold album and numerous platinum singles. And even if you label her a flop, she has 25 million dollars. Oh and care to explain why your’e bothering to comment on an article solely about her?

• June 30, 2013 at 8:44 am
      George says:

She just have to release something that will satsify her fans and help her gain new fans having kanye on a single doesnt guarantee her a hit after all kanye album with all the hype projections on building not sure how much it costs him but I am sure his first week sell didnt cover the costs he had good beats good lyrics and a lot of screaming. with recesion people aint buying music for who u a or who u have collaborated with if u have a strong fanbase best way try to please them coz they are the consumers. Good Luck Keri I hope u ait expecting a lot unless u a Tyler Swift black people dont by music they share leaked links

• July 1, 2013 at 4:47 am
        RIRI STAY says:

George you sound so business oriented.. because you just said it all.

2. June 30, 2013 at 6:59 am
    Jamal says:

Man.. sucking Kanye’s d*** for hits is so 2008

• June 30, 2013 at 7:38 am
      alessando says:

i bet you would suck his d*** so hard to get some money

3. June 30, 2013 at 7:01 am
    swim good says:

Who else but the Walmart princess

4. June 30, 2013 at 7:10 am
    Katy/rihanna says:

FINALLY miss keri baby is coming back!!!!!!i love her so much i listen to her musice every day and night i love heeerrrrR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!SHE IS THE BEST SINGER alive and so incredibly pretty

5. June 30, 2013 at 7:13 am
    yooooooooo (keristan) says:

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASSSSSSSSSSS KERI!!!!!!!!!!!!! Bring me that music, im in desperate need for your music at the moment!!!!! Oh my god i need that real R&B that you give us all the time. Need those slow jams like ‘slow dance’, ‘make love’, ‘tell him the truth’, and ‘all the boys’. her vocals are always flawless. I really hope she has some gospel as well and im sure she’ll have some self-empowerment. i LOVE her diversity <3 Oh god, im gonna literally cry from hapiness when that single comes out!! but ill be waiting ;) be patient keri

6. June 30, 2013 at 7:18 am
    Krista says:

She seems arrogant and not very likable.

• June 30, 2013 at 7:24 am
      yooooooooo (keristan) says:

How is she arrogant? to me she seems like one of the mot down to earth, real artists out there. She’s been working her ass off for 13 years and deserves success. I respect your opinion and i could be wrong, but i dont understand how she seems arrogant.

• June 30, 2013 at 7:37 am
        Krista says:

Thats what I get from her in interviews sorry

• June 30, 2013 at 7:41 am
        yooooooooo (keristan) says:

fair enough, but i dont see it lol

7. June 30, 2013 at 7:23 am
    Beyonce Brazil... says:

Flop
    Flop
    Flop

• June 30, 2013 at 7:56 am
      RiriSlay says:

just like your fave. No album flop as 4 did just saying.

• June 30, 2013 at 8:59 am
        Lolz says:

Beyonces albums sell better than Rihoe

• July 1, 2013 at 4:49 am
      RIRI STAY says:

how old is Rihanna though just in her 20s and you comparing her with a woman who is has hit menopause long ego.

• July 19, 2013 at 7:34 pm
        SdotB says:

oh shut up, Bey and Rih are only 6 yrs apart dummy

8. June 30, 2013 at 7:27 am
    Beyonce Brazil... says:

Local act… Even Kelly Rowland & Ciara are worldwide recognised than her…
    Goodluck to keri hilson!! Wishing you the best.

• June 30, 2013 at 9:53 am
      Yea Whateva says:

If Kelly and Ciara are more worldwide recognized than her, then why are their albums sales so low? They can’t even go gold. Like be real 37k, 60-65k isn’t saying much. At least Keri has sense enough to have a plan before releasing a single. Ciara and Kelly release flop singles and label them as buzz singles, ha! You people need to think before you comment. Ciara’s album comes out in a few weeks, and the whole world already got it! Have a few seats and think about what you just said _/_/_/

• June 30, 2013 at 12:39 pm
        Omari says:

Kelly and Ciara are more famous than Keri Hilson. Whether they can sell NOW or not is irreleavant their stars, althiugh faded are bigger than Keris. Kelly was in one of the biggest girl groups of all time alongside Beyonce, has been on Talent shows ranging from the UK, The US and Austrailia and has had big hits in Europe and Ciara had an era of smashes with songs like Goodies and 1 2 step which are still played across music channels. Keri has never had it that big shes only known to Urban fans.

• June 30, 2013 at 12:41 pm
        Omari says:

9. June 30, 2013 at 7:40 am
    RiriSlay says:

I love her because she is one of the b****** that can never lick beyhoes ass unlike the rest.

• June 30, 2013 at 8:59 am
      Lolz says:

Thats not a compliment.

10. June 30, 2013 at 7:42 am
    alessando says:

funny how people who have to work their ass off to get a minimum wage keep talking about flop!!! you should worry about your shitty life

• June 30, 2013 at 7:46 am
      yooooooooo (keristan) says:

YASSS!!! Whilst keri sits on her 25 million dollars and laughs :D

• June 30, 2013 at 7:54 am
        alessando says:

they just mad cause even if she sells only 100k her bank account will be full of money while theirs is so empty.
        i love keri and i missed her

• June 30, 2013 at 7:59 am
        yooooooooo (keristan) says:

so true, i just dont get why they hate her yet comment on an article only about her. smh. And yeah same, i love keri!! really looking forward to new songs. I think her music has a sense of ‘realness’ to it, and she actualy has songs that are meaningful. Plus she’s a great songwrited and i think her vocals are amazing as well. very taleneted, full package for sure

• June 30, 2013 at 9:53 am
        FAF says:

Thank u bc at least she writes her music… Therefore getting $$$ … I used to like her but she seems dry lately

11. June 30, 2013 at 7:45 am
    Tallb says:

she’s a pretty girl normally but in this pic she looks like a tranny…sorry.
    i like “how does it feel”, “energy”, and “let me down”. please no “the way you love me”-keri. that was total garbage

• June 30, 2013 at 7:51 am
      yooooooooo (keristan) says:

I love those three songs you listed!!! To me, her firstl album is pure brilliance, and the majority of her second album is perfect as well. ‘the way you love me’ is my least favourite track by her, but i understand why she felt the need to make it kinda like a song in time, and thats how she felt at that time. But her album, could’ve certainly done without it because ‘breaking point’, ‘toy soldier’, and ‘all the boys’ are amazing tracks; that showcase her vocals and lyrical depth

12. June 30, 2013 at 8:10 am
    Sevyn says:

People are so fake, how are you going to like an artist just because they hate another? Really that is just so childish.

• June 30, 2013 at 9:00 am
      Lolz says:

Ikr bamdwagoners

13. June 30, 2013 at 9:01 am
    Lolz says:

Dead at people saying they like her because she dissed Beyone. Keri would not take that as a compliment #Bandwagoners

14. June 30, 2013 at 9:13 am
    POP ROYALTY [RUDE BOY] says:

I absolutely love her positive soul.

15. June 30, 2013 at 10:21 am
    Jay Jay says:

I’m not a huge Keri fan but I admit I do crank some of her songs. I just think her first album was so much better than her last. Hopefully we do get a single sometime this year

16. June 30, 2013 at 11:55 am
    Team Tasia says:

Her debut album is a classic. I’m still cranking it 5 years later.

• June 30, 2013 at 10:04 pm
      yooooooooo (keristan) says:

SAAME!!! still play it ther whole way through lol its got that 90’s/early 2000’s sounding R&B style with heaps of ballads and slow jams, and it sounds really soulful. I think thats why i love it so much. And i think it sounds much more organic and authentic in comparison with her second album. I still love ‘no boys allowed’ but i cant front her first album is better.

17. June 30, 2013 at 12:17 pm
    Bey Is Grown says:

Hope she flops hard and does Nelly Furtado numbers.

18. June 30, 2013 at 1:14 pm
    Bey-Minaj says:

Am I the only Bey Bey fan who likes Keri’s music?

19. June 30, 2013 at 3:47 pm
    MusicLover says:

i am glad that Keri Hilson is coming back. I am looking forward to her music.

20. July 1, 2013 at 12:21 pm
    No Pics says:

Not a big fan of Keri but I am interested to see what shes been cooking up. Who knows she might give Ciara and Kelly a run for their money. Im just glad to see that R&B is slowly making its way back to mainstream