Must See: Lana Del Rey – ‘Tropico (Movie)’

shares
 Must See: Lana Del Rey   Tropico (Movie)

Lana Del Rey bids her ‘Born To Die’ era adieu today, doing so with the mini-movie that is ‘Tropico‘!

Featuring material from ‘Born To Die: The Paradise Edition’, the Anthony Mandler directed piece lasts for a total of 27 minutes and sees Rey portray Eve in a story telling a tale of romance, deception and redemption.

Step into her mind below…

shares

This Week's Top Commentators

• Nicki is queen!!!

Nicki is queen!!! (25)

• truth (icki is the QWEEN OF PUSHBACK!! Iggy got her scuured honey. #IckiAFlop)

truth (icki is th... (20)

• RICHIE_RICH

RICHIE_RICH (19)

• Sherry

Sherry (18)

1. December 5, 2013 at 1:20 pm
    Iconic cici says:

WHO?!

2. December 5, 2013 at 1:22 pm
    HOTSTUFF says:

OMFG SLAY GURL SLAY ! NOW THIS IS POP ART ! WOW….. i hope she becomes huge with her next album ! LOVEE THIS…

3. December 5, 2013 at 1:27 pm
    BarbzRUs says:

Slayage. Just slayage.

4. December 5, 2013 at 1:30 pm
    BeyWhoUWanna says:

This is how you do it! Yes yes yes yes yes girl, this is how you share an important message without boring people. The best part was the poem she read about the smart kids who wasted their minds because of drugs.

5. December 5, 2013 at 1:31 pm
    SoGone4LanaAndMonica says:

Lana, you just earned yourself a new stan.

6. December 5, 2013 at 1:31 pm
    Iconic cici says:

GaGa is true ARTPOP this a try hard mess.. next

7. December 5, 2013 at 1:33 pm
    Lana Del Slay says:

We’re not even worthy of your greatness queen.

8. December 5, 2013 at 1:36 pm
    TurntUp4Cici says:

I can’t even fathom how good this was, like I deadass feel like she taught me something.

9. December 5, 2013 at 1:36 pm
    ENOUGH ONIKA (NEW & IMPROVED) says:

That was actually very entertaining! I never paid to much attention to Lana (and probably still won’t) but this was cool. The cinematography was great! *waits for stan war to erupt*

10. December 5, 2013 at 1:40 pm
    JOHNVIDAL says:

I liked Lana since day one (unlike most people in TGJ). Her music is good, her studio voice is perfect for what she wants to create and her videos are also great (Ride is amazing). Obviously she´s very bad at live singing and that´s why many of you say she can´t sing at all. But as long as she has talent in other departments she deserves to have her contract, unlike others.

11. December 5, 2013 at 1:45 pm
    beyawnce says:

SO BEAUTIFUL AND THE POEM,that is what I call art.

12. December 5, 2013 at 1:46 pm
    Rosie Stan says:

Beautiful. Just beautiful. The imagery and cinematography are outstanding.
    Dead at the Z squad calling making her out as ‘unknown’ when she was the second most written about celebrity in 2013 according to google(that’s without any new album release). I can’t wait for rosie to come a drag you all to hell and back. I’m ready for ULTRAVIOLENCE.

13. December 5, 2013 at 1:47 pm
    ENOUGH ONIKA (NEW & IMPROVED) says:

@Johnvidal it’s always funny when I come across someone who says “I liked so and so from day one” or “I was a fan before they got famous” etc, and my response is always and?? Lol. So juvenile when people go there with the “I knew her before you” mess lol

14. December 5, 2013 at 1:50 pm
    Rosie Stan says:

This is what tranny wishes she could make….. true art.

15. December 5, 2013 at 1:53 pm
    Iconic cici says:

Ok i judged this without even watching this and i must take back my two statements this s*** really slayed. I actually loved it. she still can’t sing tho. :-/

16. December 5, 2013 at 1:59 pm
    miao says:

The same old (boring) stuff. Diversity is not her thing. I guess she’s ‘just an angel looking to get fu*ked hard’. Next.

17. December 5, 2013 at 1:59 pm
    ENOUGH ONIKA (NEW & IMPROVED) says:

@IconicCici LOL! you squad members usually go in without reading or viewing the actual content(s) of the post and leave uneducated, ignorant comments anyway. So it’s ok, we’re use to it lol

18. December 5, 2013 at 2:02 pm
    KatyKadet says:

I don’t even know what to say. Simply divine.

19. December 5, 2013 at 2:02 pm
    Molly says:

Now this was creative and didnt seem forced like GaGas b*******. 4/5 kudos lana i was entertained.

20. December 5, 2013 at 2:14 pm
    ItsCheryl2bh says:

Gaga needs to take notes 2bfair. She took a serious story and made it so effortless. I watched it on the train home but got so lost in it I missed my stop.

21. December 5, 2013 at 2:16 pm
    CandyWarhol says:

The CSquad shouldn’t watch this movie. They should be writing more letters to Ciara! JAJAJAJAJJAJAJAJAJAJAJJAAJAJAJAJAJAJAAJAJAJAJAA.

22. December 5, 2013 at 3:51 pm
    Super Cisus says:

I knew u dumb b****** would be pressed over ci. What’s new you loose booty bottoms!!!!

23. December 5, 2013 at 4:33 pm
    Motivation says:

This is art, just like Madonna’s secret Progect, this is the idea of someone who creates art not someone who pretends to be the art in Pop culture/music, take notes Gaga.

24. December 5, 2013 at 6:34 pm
    Rosie says:

Totally worth the wait! I’m so proud of her, the last 24 hours or so was a great time to be Team Lana.
    Also I’m really happy to see everyone here praising her!

25. December 5, 2013 at 7:10 pm
    TheOuyonB says:

I’m really digging this. I think she has changed the game with this one. This is well executed and overflowing in creativity. Love it.

26. December 5, 2013 at 7:33 pm
    Me says:

A masterpiece, a perfect ending to such an incredible era.

We are ready for ULTRAVIOLENCE!!!

27. December 5, 2013 at 8:47 pm
    b**** I Can't Even Spell Welfare says:

Wow. That was wonderful! Beautifully shot, bizarre, lush…loved it!

I’m still trying to wrap my mind around her use of Ginsberg’s “HOWL” in that particular scene. On the surface, I get it but I think there is more. Plus, her reference to Whitman’s poem. So much…

I bought “Born To Die” when it first came out. Listened to it. Put it away. This short film makes me want to break out that album out again.

Great film.

Btw, can we stop with the Gaga comparisons. Her and Lana’s aesthetics are COMPLETELY different. Preference is one thing but trying to compare which is “art” & which is not is completely pointless. Apples to Oranges.

28. December 5, 2013 at 9:02 pm
    *ℙᏫℙ ℝᏫᎩAℒᎿᎩ* says:

@ROSIE

Your b**** Slayed, Ain’t No Doubt about It.

Loved Every Second. :D

29. December 5, 2013 at 9:27 pm
    Mary Mary Why You Buggin says:

Okay, Lana slayed that sh*t!

Gorgeous

30. December 5, 2013 at 9:54 pm
    heyerncbzxvzxv says:

Black Men Dating White Women,White men Seeking Black Women on
    —— BlackMenDatingWhiteWomen.o/r/g—-. Thousands of Black Men, Black Women, White Men and White Women Free Join Here Everyday.Here a 100% safe, serious and real community for black & white single seeking interracial relationships, friendships, dating ,love and more. The site has established 12+ years. Millions of singles have joined it.xcbxcb

31. December 6, 2013 at 7:46 am
    CARMEN (ULTRAVIOLENCE - 2014) says:

@Super Cisus dead at u saying ppl are pressed over ci when the c-squad remains pressed ove Queen Lana

32. December 6, 2013 at 7:47 am
    CARMEN (ULTRAVIOLENCE - 2014) says:

yassss Lana slayyyyy! Tropico is such an amazing work of art! Queen Lana does it again!

33. Vote

[…] unleashing the visual treat that was ‘Tropico’ last year, Lana Del Rey turns her attention to her second studio album this year, whipping up a buzz […]