Report: Pop Singer Ke$ha Checks Into Rehab

shares
 Report:  Pop Singer Ke$ha Checks Into Rehab

She may be riding high on charts with her latest single ‘Timber’ with Pitbull, but it seems pop singer Ke$ha‘s personal life is seeing her fall to new lows as reports have surfaced the hit-maker has checked herself into rehab.

Details below:

Via Billboard:

Yesterday (Jan. 3) Ke$ha reportedly admitted herself to a rehab center for an apparent eating disorder. The pop star who released her self-directed “Dirty Love” video on New Year’s Day entered a Chicago-area center and plans to stay there for a month.

“I’m a crusader for being yourself and loving yourself but I’ve found it hard to practice,” she says in a press statement. “I’ll be unavailable for the next 30 days, seeking treatment for my eating disorder…to learn to love myself again. Exactly as I am.

shares

This Week's Top Commentators

Top Commentators

• I STAN(D) FOR TALENT

I STAN(D) FOR TALENT (140)

• Tyler

Tyler (136)

• rita ora can win a oscar

rita ora can win ... (83)

• Mark111

Mark111 (72)

1. January 4, 2014 at 11:23 am
    Little Monster b**** says:

Flopped girl meant to flop place
    RIP Ke$ha

2. January 4, 2014 at 11:40 am
    Its Gaga Ya Bish says:

Love her for being so honest about it. Like who knows how many girls she’s helped by just talking about it and going to get help. Good on you sis.

3. January 4, 2014 at 11:41 am
    Amelia says:

I don’t understand why these girls who already have made it in the industry still feel the need to change their bodies….insecurities? Cause there’s a lot that started a bit chubby or with more meat than they have now. I.e: beyonce/gaga/miley/rihanna and not just in music, even on tv…u gotta love yourself
    Now I’m skinny and flat chested, I don’t like it, but I live with it

4. January 4, 2014 at 11:43 am
    NickiBeenBad says:

God bless her.

5. January 4, 2014 at 11:45 am
    TeenageDreamer says:

The mere fact that she’s seeking help is good news, so many people are afraid of getting medical help because they’re ashamed when they shouldn’t be.

6. January 4, 2014 at 12:06 pm
    My Forehead Tho says:

So we’re just going to pretend like this b**** couldn’t have been hulk Hogan’s in ring stunt double?

Y’all know damn well this b**** doesn’t have an eating disodisorder . Drug/alcohol problem, maybe. But eating disorder ..

7. January 4, 2014 at 12:06 pm
    BEYONCÉ says:

@AMELIA HUNNY NOT EVERYONE IS LIKE YOU. I wish Kesha the best!

8. January 4, 2014 at 12:10 pm
    Owen says:

Eating disorders are no joke, their deathly serious. One of my bestfriends went through one and it was scary, life changing, and literally put her life at risk. Ke$ha is such a strong, beautiful women. If you don’t know like Kesha’s music or her put that past you because she spreads so much love through her career and inspires so many people. Some of the helping with this eating disorder comes from Dr Luke her evil producer that she’s under contract with and can’t break that bullies her constantly calling her ugly & fat. Her message I think is stronger than so many other artist in this industry, if you think she’s just a “dirty pop glitter s***” you’re wrong she’s so much more than that. I wish her a healthy and speedy recovery. Her mom tweeted last night that her fans are her motivation to get better so everyone tweet their best wishes to her!!

9. January 4, 2014 at 12:19 pm
    Owen says:

This has been on my mind all night, it’s bothering me. she’s so sweet and special. She’s such a bright and happy person so this must be really a dark time for her. One thing I can say is that after artist have meltdowns/rehab/or go trough something tragic when they come back they always slay the charts (ex: Demi, Britney) so Kesha can finally slay and people will give her the credit and love she deserves

10. January 4, 2014 at 12:21 pm
    Owen says:

And we all know that you’re retarded. She doesn’t have a eating disorder? Have you seen how skinny she’s been lately and on top of that she’s a vegetarian so she’s probably not getting all the proteins and stuff she needs to be healthy. Don’t act like you know s*** when you don’t.

11. January 4, 2014 at 12:23 pm
    Amanda Bynes says:

No one cares. She needs to stop copying Queen Amanda to get the attention of the media.

12. January 4, 2014 at 12:25 pm
    Molly says:

Good luck Kesha glad your getting the help you need people trying to criticize her are pathetic.

13. January 4, 2014 at 12:26 pm
    royalkev says:

Aww, this sucks! :(

I like Ke$ha! I wish her a speedy recovery.

14. January 4, 2014 at 12:31 pm
    Lovebird says:

She wrote Britney’s “till the world ends”, she’s a very good song-writer.

She shouldn’t have taken a long break, hope she finds the peace she deserves and come back stronger.

Good luck to you girl.

15. January 4, 2014 at 12:44 pm
    Owen says:

This was “my forehead tho”

16. January 4, 2014 at 12:51 pm
    DIGGER BEY BOW DOWN B**** says:

Aww Poor Kesha. Wishing u an speedy recovery.

17. January 4, 2014 at 12:54 pm
    lilly_may says:

I was kind of expecting a drugs/alcohol related issue. Eating disorders are no joke though so good on her for stepping up admitting the problem and actively seeking help. Hopefully she makes a recovery and gets on the right track :)

18. January 4, 2014 at 12:59 pm
    Rosie says:

SMH at anyone making fun of this. I wish Ke$ha the best of luck.

19. January 4, 2014 at 1:01 pm
    iconic cici says:

Wish you the best Ke$ha alot of you people trying to diss her are truly heartless dont kick people while there down.

20. January 4, 2014 at 1:40 pm
    d says:

what a nasty misanthropic thing to say. nobody looks cute kicking someone while their down.

21. January 4, 2014 at 1:42 pm
    d says:

wishing her a quick journey back to health. i like her. shes not the most mindblowing vocalist but she seems like the most fun to hang out with. she doesn’t take her fame seriously because shes smart and she knows its fleeting.

get well kesha and come back to record the album that your label wouldn’t let you last time.

22. January 4, 2014 at 1:52 pm
    BEYHIVE_MINAJ says:

Sad. All the best Kesha. Hopefully you will get your life back on track

23. January 4, 2014 at 8:36 pm
    FutureCIARA says:

GWARL…

24. January 4, 2014 at 8:51 pm
    ANIMAL says:

This is the result of so many people bashing her all the time especially because of those swimsuit pictures. This girl is a gem. I’ve seen her in many interviews and I watch her show and shes literally the sweetest and most accepting person. People bash her all the time for her music yet they dont realize that most of the songs on her albums are uplifting and emotional. She writes her own music and her manager and producer is the person choosing her singles and making her use autotune. I wish you the best baby, you can beat this. You’re perfect the way you are, “All that matters is the beautiful life.”

25. January 4, 2014 at 8:59 pm
    cake like lady gaga says:

Heartbroken….

Get well soon Ke$ha, the TGJ community wishes u all the best and a speedy recovery!! We love you!!!

26. January 4, 2014 at 9:48 pm
    moranwgzxb says:

Black Men Dating White Women,White men Seeking Black Women on
    —————- BlackMenDatingWhiteWomen.o/r/g————. Thousands of Black Men, Black Women, White Men and White Women Free Join Here Everyday.Here a 100% safe, serious and real community for black & white single seeking interracial relationships, friendships, dating ,love and more. The site has established 12+ years. Millions of singles have joined it.vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv

27. January 4, 2014 at 11:10 pm
    MusicLover1 says:

I wish Kesha the best. Having a eating disorder is not easy. I would love to hear her new song.

28. January 5, 2014 at 12:48 am
    CARMEN says:

i wish Ke$ha a speedy recovery. eating disorders are no joke, those of yall who can make fun of it are just pathetic low lifes. Ke$ha is a genuinely nice and fun loving girl (thats what i gather from watching her reality show) so i really hope she recovers and comes back feeling better for herself. also, i hope snakes like Perez Hilton will leave her alone from now on

29. January 5, 2014 at 7:00 am
    cocobutta says:

Good luck on her recovery.
    NEVER LET THE DEVIL WIN FEEDING YOUR BRAIN insecurities like that.

30. Vote

[…] chart-topper Ke$ha made headlines for checking herself into rehab for a lengthy eating disorder a week ago – a feat followed by a highly publicized slamming of […]