Welcome to the new ThatGrapeJuice.net

Lady GaGa: “I Was Depressed At The End Of 2013″

lady gaga harpers Lady GaGa: I Was Depressed At The End Of 2013

Cop a gander of Lady GaGa!

The Pop titan serves up diva aplenty on the cover of March’s Harper’s Bazaar magazine. And while the singer looks a picture of happiness here, she reveals inside her in-depth interview that the last few months have been anything but joyous. Indeed, Mother Monster goes as far as to say that she was “depressed”.

Her words come amidst clouds of uncertainty that surround her latest album ‘ARTPOP’. Released last November, the project has been plagued by departing managers, so so sales, and the fact it’s delivered just one music video – last Summer’s ‘Applause’.

Sharing somewhat of an explanation, GaGa’s words await after the jump…

Via Harper’s Bazaar:

HB: What’s the biggest thing you’ve learned about yourself so far?

LG: I became very depressed at the end of 2013. I was exhausted fighting people off. I couldn’t even feel my own heartbeat. I was angry, cynical, and had this deep sadness like an anchor dragging everywhere I go. I just didn’t feel like fighting anymore. I didn’t feel like standing up for myself one more time—to one more person who lied to me. But January 1, I woke up, started crying again, and I looked in the mirror and said, “I know you don’t want to fight. I know you think you can’t, but you’ve done this before. I know it hurts, but you won’t survive this depression.” I really felt like I was dying—my light completely out. I said to myself, “Whatever is left in there, even just one light molecule, you will find it and make it multiply. You have to for you. You have to for your music. You have to for your fans and your family.” Depression doesn’t take away your talents—it just makes them harder to find. But I always find it. I learned that my sadness never destroyed what was great about me. You just have to go back to that greatness, find that one little light that’s left. I’m lucky I found one little glimmer stored away.

************

Intriguing.

Interestingly, this is the first GaGa has shared about her state of mind during what is clearly a testing time for her professionally.

In any case, ‘ARTPOP’ remains a stellar album and she remains a stellar artist. Hence, we hope she’s able to weather her personal and career storms, so as to return to the top.

Peep more snaps below…

lady gaga harpers 8 Lady GaGa: I Was Depressed At The End Of 2013
lady gaga harpers 7 Lady GaGa: I Was Depressed At The End Of 2013
lady gaga harpers 6 Lady GaGa: I Was Depressed At The End Of 2013
lady gaga harpers 5 Lady GaGa: I Was Depressed At The End Of 2013
lady gaga harpers 4 Lady GaGa: I Was Depressed At The End Of 2013

lady gaga harpers 21 Lady GaGa: I Was Depressed At The End Of 2013
lady gaga harpers 31 Lady GaGa: I Was Depressed At The End Of 2013

lady gaga harpers 9 Lady GaGa: I Was Depressed At The End Of 2013

• February 5, 2014 at 7:56 pm
    Cici's goodies says:

Nice photo shoot Flopga

• February 5, 2014 at 8:03 pm
    Queen Mariah > YOU says:

So you were depressed cuz Katy Perry shitted on your whole life. And you’re irrelevant.

Good for you sis

• February 5, 2014 at 8:04 pm
    Cici's goodies says:

Mariah shaped like a box tho

• February 5, 2014 at 8:04 pm
    Queen Mariah > YOU says:

Oh and btw she’s ugly as FUkc. Like ew! Byee ugly

• February 5, 2014 at 8:05 pm
    Queen Mariah > YOU says:

I’m sorry but since when are stans of lessers allowed to talk back at stan of Superiors? @ cici goodies

*sips martini*

• February 5, 2014 at 8:07 pm
    Lolz says:

I would be too with those sales

• February 5, 2014 at 8:08 pm
    KK says:

see this is my problem with gaga… why can’t she be more stripped? the 6th picture down is gorgeous and could have been the cover of ARTPOP… (just an example)

the next time around she really needs to go minimalistic.. i think THAT would shock people more than going over the top….

High fashion gaga with no theatrics-JUST THE VOICE… I remember when she wore a look from Alexander McQueen’s Plato’s Atlantis in ‘Bad Romance’ and it was SICKENING..armadillo heel and all… no one else did it at the time…

Come on gaga.. you have it in you.. you were there once before…

-K

• February 5, 2014 at 8:08 pm
    Yall are scared of monsters says:

I don’t understand the hate for gags I don’t understand when it started but it needs to end because last time I checked katy perry is still a grammy nominated artist

• February 5, 2014 at 8:08 pm
    GREEKGOD says:

Beyoncé had these girls in a state of depression.

• February 5, 2014 at 8:09 pm
    Cici's goodies says:

Gaga is prettier with more talent than Boxriah next

• February 5, 2014 at 8:13 pm
    CherylSoldier says:

Where’s Mariah’s album at tho?

• February 5, 2014 at 8:14 pm
    Queen Mariah > YOU says:

Does Ciara have a career still?

I mean she is beyond irrelevant! No ONE in the general public knows her. Flop. Sad. Byeee

*sips vodka on the rocks*

• February 5, 2014 at 8:15 pm
    VICTORIA DUFFIELD STAN says:

Eww..

Anyways, please welcome the new & improved Britney Spears from Canada!!! Victoria Duffield!!!!!!!!

• February 5, 2014 at 8:15 pm
    Queen Mariah > YOU says:

Don’t worry about Queen Mariah biatch. Worry about your flop fave’s albums. Lmao

Yall so easy! *DISMISSED*

• February 5, 2014 at 8:19 pm
    SLAY_HIVE says:

You deserve to be depressed with that flop ass album and d*** sucking fans!!!LOOOOL

She is looking more and more like the man she was born to be!

• February 5, 2014 at 8:20 pm
    Kevin says:

Man you trolls are giving everyone here a look into how MISERABLE YOUR LIFE IS. SEEK HELP, ASAP.

• February 5, 2014 at 8:21 pm
    TAMARS REIGN says:

HAHAHAHA DATS Y ITS TAMAR EVERYTHING AROUND SHE THE VOCAL ASSASAIN GETTIN DAT DOLLA DOLLA BILL YALL AND MY NEW FAVORITE SINGER KINGCOFIELD WILL BE ON THIS SITE IN SOME YEARS SNATCHING IN SLAYING SOMETHING FIERCE

• February 5, 2014 at 8:22 pm
    RoyalKev says:

I’m really impressed with Gaga’s honesty. She’s taken quite a beating and most artist in her shoes would pretend that there aren’t any scars. I’m never been a fan of her music and I believe in a lot of ways that her ego got the best of her. The music biz is an industry that you must remain humble in. Everyone comes down from off that hill their sitting on the top of eventually. I don’t enjoy kicking people while their down or wishing them any bad, but I really feel for her. I hope she comes out of her depression. Her REAL fans that choose to stand by her should be commended for their loyalty. There use to be so many bandwagon fans here just 4 years ago.

• February 5, 2014 at 8:26 pm
    EMPRESS WHITNEY says:

Why am I not surprised…

She is a Superficial, Ego-maniacal, Overzealous, Fame- obsessed, Glorified- Cique Du Soleil performer with a microphone.

Why can’t she just admit that she became “Depressed” because of Art-Pop’s under-performance (and how much she thought she would “SLAY”) and do away with all of her other excuses?

Oh well – back to the drawing board we go…

• February 5, 2014 at 8:26 pm
    The CAT Speaks says:

You know what ive always noticed?
    The negative people and the haters are always the FIRST people to make a comment on a blog post about someone they HATE… SO MUCH !!! Their so untalented, and ugly, and flops, and disgusting.

Yet yall are ALWAYS the first people to comment on they very people they claim to be IRRELEVANT. If they was so irrelevant, you wouldnt even feel the need to read a blog about them POINT BLANK PERIOD. And you DEFINITELY would’ve have taken the time to TAKE THE TIME to write any comment about person thats you just cant stand..

Know why?
    Cause you have no LIFE.

:D

• February 5, 2014 at 8:27 pm
    rih keeps winning - catch up heuaxihj says:

Beyonce does not have RIH RIH in a state of depression; she has just made history. SHE HAS BOOKED HER 3 AMERICAN VOGUE COVER.

WOOOP

• February 5, 2014 at 8:38 pm
    iconic cici says:

lmao poor fadga.

• February 5, 2014 at 8:43 pm
    beyugly says:

I can’t stand these TRANNY GaGa stans because they where going on and on about GaGa slaying everyones fav and the same ol “she’s an album seller” bull..”wait for album” ok we waited, what did fartflop do??? Did it even outsell Unapologetic.I can’t at UN having lower first week sales but still outselling fartflop in the long run.GaGa sells albums tho

• February 5, 2014 at 8:46 pm
    Mark111 says:

Wow, America is really over this thing. I haven’t seen a GAGa stan or fan in months. Katy and Miley really put a boot to her short lived career.

• February 5, 2014 at 8:48 pm
    Lovebird says:

Oh so she’s still sticking to the stale gimmicks, gurl f****** buy.

I like the album Artpop but this whole artistic faux she tries to force is boring tired and basic. Why is Bangerz selling more copies than Artpop?

Get it together gags and go back to the music you tasteless now basic FLOP.

• February 5, 2014 at 8:49 pm
    Lovebird says:

*bye

• February 5, 2014 at 8:50 pm
    Beyonce is not god says:

She depressed because Katy was slaying on the charts and Miley stole her attention seeking shine.

• February 5, 2014 at 9:03 pm
    Del Bey says:

she’s asking to be dragged, depression is when your parents die in a terrorist attack, depression is when your nan is terminally Ill, depression isn’t afforded to millionaires with falling album sales. Next

• February 5, 2014 at 9:10 pm
    The Boy Toy says:

^^thats not true.

• February 5, 2014 at 9:17 pm
    Common Sense says:

I simply CANNOT with this b****. So beyond f****** fake. Oh no! “I’m dying of depression because my gimmicks aren’t working and the gays are over me and have moved on to other fads.” What an annoying whiny b****. Can this hoe take her irrelevant crying schtick to someone who cares? Not that I’ve actually seen any Gaga stans in weeks…

• February 5, 2014 at 9:18 pm
    TC!! says:

I’m still here for gaga f*** everyone else! I just want the monster back!

• February 5, 2014 at 9:18 pm
    PRINCE MACHIAVEL says:

Some People Here Are Very Evil! You Must Be Very Low And Heartless To Attack Someone With Depression, You Mean People Have No f****** Idea How Depression Hurt And I Wish You To Never Have To Deal With It!

Keep Faith Gaga I Know How Hard It Is When You Are Depressed, It’s Very Painful But You’ll Be Fine, Love You Girl!!!

• February 5, 2014 at 9:29 pm
    Mark111 says:

@DEL BEY went IN! #Shout

• February 5, 2014 at 9:33 pm
    Lovebird says:

Gurl shut up, Gags has nothing to be depressed about, she still has a flush of cash and her record deal even though she’s a huge FLOP (Why??…BANGERZ > ARTPOP…WHY??).

The people suffering from real depression are the employees from Interscope who lost their jobs due to Gags arrogance, incompetence, gimmicks and flat out poor workmanship.

This b**** will grab at any straws to remain relevant when she should focus on making good music. The gimmicks are old, tired and basic. The world is over this FLOP.

• February 5, 2014 at 9:51 pm
    Molly says:

Lmao Oh now she wants us to feel sorry for her? Girl bye you can keep it if your truly depressed then go get the help you need.

• February 5, 2014 at 9:52 pm
    Molly says:

Notice she becomes depressed after she starts flopping.

• February 5, 2014 at 10:06 pm
    madBrax says:

excuses excuses excuses that’s all it ever is with her, always pointing the finger at everyone else. she put out a s*** album and people didn’t buy it. she has no one else to blame but herself. she believes she’s better than she actually is. maybe next time she should put out something good and quit being such a f****** cry baby

• February 5, 2014 at 10:33 pm
    Cheryl soldier says:

Ciara gets pregnant after flopping.

• February 5, 2014 at 10:47 pm
    PRINCE MACHIAVEL says:

b**** You Are The One Who Need To Shut Your Salty Loser Ass Up! You DarkSkin Pathetic Peace Of s*** Are A Disgrace To Human Being Go Get Your BipoAss A d*** DarkSkinFag!

• February 5, 2014 at 10:53 pm
    PRINCE MACHIAVEL says:

Notice CiFlopForEverra Got A Ring From A Basic Flop Rapper After Being Preg What A Weak Pathetic b****!

• February 5, 2014 at 11:07 pm
    Molly says:

^ Lmao did i upset this llittle monster? Im sorry you fav is a desperate attention seeking fraud who needs the approval of others to feel good.

• February 5, 2014 at 11:07 pm
    Molly says:

your*

• February 5, 2014 at 11:10 pm
    FutureCIARA says:

Kiiiii

I hoped she learned several valuable lessons from her flop era, and reinvents next time without all the gimmicks and trickery!

And take some responsibility and stop blaming everybody but yourself for your flop album

• February 5, 2014 at 11:14 pm
    Molly says:

@FutureCiara watch Gaga fake a breakdown so people can feel even more sorry for her the b**** is the biggest joke of all time i don’t have time for her gimmicks.

• February 5, 2014 at 11:26 pm
    ENOUGH ONIKA (NEW & IMPROVED) says:

Gaga I’m sorry you went through that but that’s why you don’t let charts, sales and fame define you and wrap your existence on media attention. It doesn’t last and never will. We’ll have another nuisance transexual who channels Grace Jones/Madonna in the next 15-20 years driving people nuts. I hope you figuring things out and find reason and peace in your life..

• February 5, 2014 at 11:31 pm
    Theman says:

She takes her craft very very seriously. Maybe it’s a host of things that she was perturbed by. She is very successful, and is a huge star.. Her sales would be good for another artist. Shell get back on track.. She also hasn’t been promoting her music recently. She has talent.. Where do u think Beyonce got that whole “Visual” idea from? Lol And about Mariah that shyt is played. CiCi is built like a damn action figure. Buy her albums, shape that..

• February 5, 2014 at 11:38 pm
    PRINCE MACHIAVEL says:

Llllol You Carlos Stans Are Very Funny Calling Someone Flop And Desperate While Your Brock Ghetto Ass Can’t Even Help Carlos To See Gold With 3 Album Combined! Yeah Stay Delusional Losers!! Whatch Carlos To Accepts Being A Babymama-X To Save Her Always And Forever Flop Career!

• February 6, 2014 at 12:10 am
    h2o says:

LEt’s start OoOoOoVEEERRRR

• February 6, 2014 at 12:20 am
    NICKI IS QUEEN OTHER BITCHES TAKE A SEAT says:

a cierror fan calling someone else a flop? hun did you forget your own faves album? #57k Kiiiiii

• February 6, 2014 at 12:52 am
    CherylSoldier says:

Gaga booked the vmas, amas, the voice, X factor, etc with this flop era. What has Ciara booked besides the local community park for her wedding ceremony? Lmaooooo

• February 6, 2014 at 1:03 am
    J.E says:

I can’t believe the impact of Perez Hilton tho…

• February 6, 2014 at 1:12 am
    yandi says:

Ciara>> FakeGa

• February 6, 2014 at 1:19 am
    yandi says:

GAGA CAN NEVER SEE KING CI ON STAGE GAGA IS FUCKIN TRAAAAAAAAAAAAAASH!

• February 6, 2014 at 1:20 am
    yandi says:

SHES A WEAK b**** LIKE HER FANS.

• February 6, 2014 at 1:26 am
    NICKI IS QUEEN OTHER BITCHES TAKE A SEAT says:

lol yandi your a delusional b****! once again 57k!!! do i need to say more? kii

• February 6, 2014 at 1:50 am
    Sailor Moon stan (Navy) says:

@Prince Machiavel But, Ciara isn’t depressed about underperforming though, She’s not a basic attention seeking egomaniac gimmicky w**** who only cares about being a “BIG” pop star. Ciara doesn’t need praise and acclaim and hard earned money given to her for self worth. Ciara knows none of those things are guaranteed from anyone and that being in the industry is a career like any other your success in it should not effect your commitment in doing what you love! Lady Gaga is rich as s*** and should have a life outside the industry that’s rich both figuratively and literally. She should not be depressed about Katy outselling her! She is desperate and I do not like that! I’m not a Gaga hater (I like to drag Ciara and Beyoncé actually #Navy) but this just turned me into one! I’m literally struggling to pay back student loans and this b**** depressed because not as many people as she wants are spending their hard earned money on that terrible CD SMFH!! The album is doing fine she just wants to be on top. That is mad narcissistic and pathetic tbh.

• February 6, 2014 at 1:58 am
    Kim Kardashian Stan says:

@SailorMoon you better spill some real tea respect you for that. You’ve never heard Ciara cry about flopping Gaga get the f*** over it people got real problems yet your depressed cause no ones buying your wack songs? oh f****** well.

• February 6, 2014 at 2:06 am
    Hive says:

Atleast chart success doesn’t define Ciara as a person like it does Gaga which is pathetic.

• February 6, 2014 at 2:30 am
    PRINCE MACHIAVEL says:

Euuuuuh Why Some Loser Need To Write An Essay To Rescue Carlos from The FlopLand? Bitches Get It Gaga 6Y In The Industry Is Bigger Than CiFlopBbMamaX!

• February 6, 2014 at 3:04 am
    MC!! says:

is this person really depressed about student loans just take that s*** off of default and call it a day

• February 6, 2014 at 3:08 am
    Trace says:

Why are people trying Gaga like she didn’t have The Fame & Fame Monster Era on lock? Hell even the Born this way era slayed anything Ciara has done..PERIOD!
    I honestly just couldn’t get into artpop it was more noise than it was music.
    Hopefully she gets it together makes her haters eat their own words..ala Beyonce style “Shrugs”..i guess the monsters were just a bunch of band-wagoners..

• February 6, 2014 at 3:15 am
    Mileys movement says:

Lmao Gaga really had no substance her gimmicks kept her relevant

• February 6, 2014 at 4:11 am
    Sailor Moon stan (Navy) *****Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon reboot coming 2014!!! says:

Da f***? Yall missed the point! NO! I’m not depressed! I’m not paying that s*** back LOL! I’ll probably teach for America or something…

On topic: People have real problems be it money/personal that are real reasons to be depressed about! OH so now she’s depressed and needs to soul search because Katy and Beyoncé out selling her, Miley and Justina Blackwannbeiber out gimmicking her. And she’s not the most attention grabbing celeb right now. Pathetic! She acting like she sold 57K kiiiiii Anywho, didn’t she say she’s about the art not charts? So she’s a lying narcissist that needs to be #1 to have self worth? OK. This interview gonna turn real people (the general public) even further away. Nobody wants to hear about the mega rich complain about being depressed when they are for real reasons… Plus she’s Gaga she’s not a person she’s a persona this is not a good look professionally. Artpop didn’t even flop she just wants to be the biggest thing, that is pathetic for somebody who has had all the success she has accumulated over the years. RIP LADY GAGA

• February 6, 2014 at 4:59 am

Sorry about essays I’m new got carried away…

• February 6, 2014 at 6:16 am
    BeyVey says:

Don’t Give up Gaga. Keep fighting these haters just like your Friend Honey Bey always does with these pressed biitches.

Lady Gaga is way more talented than Ciara, Rihanna and Katy perry combined. At least she can sing live. She has a beautiful strong voice and she plays piano. She’s a good live performer unlike Rihoenna, and whisper-ass Ciara

• February 6, 2014 at 7:42 am
    Egypt says:

Lmao @ all the ciara fans stans trying it with Gaga… why is “ARTFLOP” SELLING way more that “CIARA”, I need answers, you have no right to say anyone a flop when your fav is struggling to get 150K W.W… THE FACT IS AND THE FACT WILL ALWAYS REMAIN THAT GAGA is way more successfull than cierror. molly and lovebird are always on this site, how about you bitches get a life, You know there’s more to life than just spending day and night on TGJ tryna make ciara relevant. Gaga is coming with a world tour, has ciara ver had a world tour filling up stadiums in all continents of the world. bitches please.

• February 6, 2014 at 8:11 am
    JOHNVIDAL says:

@beyvey
    @theman
    Exactly guys!
    And I swear people can´t read, she didn´t mention Artpop success or lack of success here, she talked about being depressed and fighting a lot of people and letting people go, people around her, not the charts. She didn´t mention that. I´m sure they have something to do with it (like in Mariah´s breakdown in 2001 for example), but she didn´t say anything about it and didn´t complain, you are just haters who hate on people´s personal issues. Really sad.
    Important thing like TGJ said: Artpop is still a great album, better than any other pop release in 2013, and yes she has more talent than Ciara give me a f****** break!!!! Ciara is a dancer, nothing else (no shade).

• February 6, 2014 at 8:29 am
    Belladonna says:

Even tho I went threw hell & back with her last year Im getting to a place where I can 4give her. I hope she wins! Even if I never become a fan again I still hope she wins.

• February 6, 2014 at 8:46 am
    Suicide Blonde says:

I was with her until she started to talk about her greatness and talents, her ego is bigger than Madonna’s ambitions, same problem with Kanye but at least he doesn’t blame everybody for his owns actions, she does no wrong, in her mind, it’s always someone else fault, she really believes she is this infalible semi-God, always playing the victim, there are plenty of talented people out there, way more talented than you, you’re not John Lennon nor Prince, Music existed before you and will still exist once your career based on impersonates every Pop Icon is over.

• February 6, 2014 at 11:23 am
    IStanForYourFav says:

IDGAF what you all say. Gaga is talented and in her short amount of time, she has borderline reinvented pop like her Queen Madonna. She does rely on gimmicks (I’m prepared to see it live July 11, 2014) but she has talent. I loved the Artpop album more than I loved Born This Way. I hated that album. It only had Judas & Electric Chapel. This one has Do What You Want, Artpop, Arura, Jewels and Drugs, and so many more. Gaga had NO BUSINESS putting a known pedophile on her track. R Kelly is a great producer, and his discography (before I knew his personal life) slayed my existence honey, but NO MA’AM. Only thing Gaga should do is finish the tour (Can’t wait to see you and get my pic) and call it an era. And for everyone shading “flops” every artist in the world has had a decline including Ciara (still in). And at least Gaga sings live unlike some of your favs. #SipsWine & #TurnsOnArtpop

• February 6, 2014 at 11:29 am
    IStanForYourFav says:

And every artist gets sad after they don’t do well… even the most legendary, iconic artists go through a breakdown whether it be highly publicized (Whitney: Just Whitney era or Mariah: Glitter) or they go through it in private (Too many to list) it makes better music when it’s personal anyway I.E. My Life, The Velvet Rope, Butterfly, I Look to You, and so many more. So NEVER COUNT GAGA OUT because we did the same to Madonna back in 1992 (Erotica) and look at her now. Queen!!!

• February 6, 2014 at 11:37 am
    Sandra says:

@Theman
    Beyonce sure as hell didn’t get the “Visual” idea from Lady Gaga… Gaga didn’t invent s***.
    Beyonce has said Michael Jackson’s innovative visuals inspired her visual album.