New Song [Snippets]: Fergie – ‘Hungry’

Singer Whets Appetites With “Trap”-Tinged Tune From 2nd Solo Album

fergie-hungry-snippet-thatgrapejuice

After a false alarm with last year’s ‘L.A. Love,’ the ten year wait for fans of singer/rapper Fergie is finally about to come to a close courtesy of her new single ‘Hungry.’

A trap-pop tune, which some fans are already believing takes jabs at ‘the realest’ Iggy Azalea, is a daring, yet very welcomed departure for the Black Eyed Peas-frontwoman.  Spitting some serious fire over the bass-heavy track, ‘Hungry’ is set to be the first official release from her long-awaited sophomore effort, ‘Double Dutchess.’

Fans hungry for more from Fergie Ferg are about to get their fill and more if this new tune is anything to judge by.  Until then, tuck in below for the appetizer:

A video posted by Fergie (@fergie) on

A video posted by Fergie (@fergie) on

While we’ll hold our reservation until we hear it in full, to say this sounds promising and was well worth the wait is an understatement.

Maybe now we can find it in our hearts to forgive her husband, Josh Duhamel, for getting our hopes up that we’d have her new album in our hands by now.  Read more on that by clicking here.

Sponsored

1. June 22, 2016 at 10:43 pm
    jdek says:
    -11

looks hot I’m curious how first week sales play out tho

2. June 22, 2016 at 10:45 pm
    jdek says:

its been so long and albums definitely aren’t selling like they use to. songs good btw

3. June 22, 2016 at 10:58 pm
    Honey G says:
    +16

I just cannot wait to buy the song !! EVERYTHING IN IT IS KILLING ME.
    Pure fire !

4. June 22, 2016 at 11:01 pm
    Credits says:
    +32

Her visual is definitely on point! I mean, this is how you come in a time of ‘lemonade.’ And I’m far from a hive member. I’m just saying, a lot these female singers need to step up their visuals.

• June 23, 2016 at 7:12 am
      Meiz says:

Who are you fooling?? Keeping worshiping that granny tranny of a fave.Ass kissers everywhere acting as if lemonade was all that when it was the weakest album of hers

5. June 22, 2016 at 11:11 pm
    RihNavy says:
    -12

Ciara is SHOOK

• June 22, 2016 at 11:13 pm
      MusicFan103 says:
      +18

This isn’t about Ciara. Ugh.

• June 23, 2016 at 6:59 am
      Mimij says:
      +12

You stans are annoying as all hell. You literally come on a post that has nothing to do with Ciara and pull Ciara’s name from thin air and apply it to this post? I swear that these “stans” are really lame individuals with no self esteem that sit on the internet ALL DAY. Get a life mama.

6. June 22, 2016 at 11:13 pm
    MusicFan103 says:

I never understood why you guys didn’t post this on June 9th when it was released:

With that said, I can not wait! She is a great artist and owned the music scene during 2006-2008 as a solo act and went right back to the Peas making hit music.

Have you heard her perform this new song, we assume it is called “You Already Know,” and it may feature Nicki Minaj… but even that song is catchy. I would prefer Fergie not take jabs at Iggy Azalea, because I am a fan of both and her backlash has been too much IMO.

Roll on and fvcking finally release the album though. Josh has trolled the GP already twice now, once in March 2016 and then in May 2016. I want the album now!

7. June 22, 2016 at 11:16 pm
    IG : @mixedboy says:
    +10

The sound and visuals are promising. Can’t wait.

• June 22, 2016 at 11:28 pm
      glopbo says:
      -14

i mean bodys on point but yo face ugly as sin bhahaah

• June 23, 2016 at 3:10 am
        Abel Minaj (Arianator Barb) says:

YouTrippin

8. June 22, 2016 at 11:19 pm
    Jamie says:

Idk…she needs to stick to singing. Please!

9. June 22, 2016 at 11:20 pm
    Legendtina says:
    -16

I hope this means she is sticking to hip-hop/rap because she is a terrible singer, I dare say worse then Gwen Stefani.

10. June 22, 2016 at 11:36 pm
    Meteorite says:

Yeah definitely getting some Bionic, 20/20 Experience, Madonna feels

11. June 23, 2016 at 1:32 am
    HeReddish tran ivy blokz Need UK timely Ukuyi says:

Rather hear the full song

12. June 23, 2016 at 4:43 am
    Royalkev says:
    +10

This got my attention! I’m not even a Fergie fan, but I might be here for this! Ferg’s looking like she’s coming all the way through!

13. June 23, 2016 at 6:41 am
    Writerboy242 says:

Yass Fergie!! That’s how you compete with lemonade !!! Looks dam Goood!!

• June 23, 2016 at 7:07 am
      Meiz says:

Girl, bye….Lemonade ain’t s***.The way you fools are hyping that trash of an album is very funny. As if Adele didn’t s*** on that garbage

14. June 23, 2016 at 7:02 am
    #JACKIE says:
    -11

Sounds like a Rihanna reject but she looks GOOD. Slay Ferg.

15. June 23, 2016 at 7:34 am
    The Legend Called Missy Elliott says:
    +11

The lane for this type of music is all the way open. Bey & Rih abandoned it, aight keeps getting pulled over, Gwen is too drunk in love to care, Xtina off dancing with Ghosts and chit. Why not!?!? Come thru Fergie-Ferg

• June 23, 2016 at 7:35 am
      The Legend Called Missy ElliottI says:

*Iggy not alright.

16. June 23, 2016 at 7:41 am
    Auntie_Jackie says:

I love Fergie to pieces – but instead of setting a trend she’s following it. Disappointed and tired of this nearly 10 year run non-sensical trap music has had on the radio. It’s squeezed nearly everything else out because it’s easy and seems instantly edgy.

17. June 23, 2016 at 9:01 am
    What Now says:

Come thru Dutchess (I still love that album).

18. June 23, 2016 at 9:59 am
    Black power says:

I’m soooo here for this! I watched her Rock in Rio performance or some recent performance she did at a festival about a month ago and she previewed a lot of her new music and it was AMAZING!!! She had rap records, pop records, ballads and they all sounded good. As long as she brings it like she did with The Dutches (multiple hits) she will be just fine!

• June 23, 2016 at 4:51 pm
      MusicFan103 says:

It was so damn good, I watched it a few times, even start to finish it was so good. Loved “You Already Know.” and the “Love Is Pain” tracks.

19. June 23, 2016 at 10:09 am
    I'm just gonna say it 🙄 says:

Well you better slay miss Ferg! Come thru come thru honey. After seeing this the rest of the video better me thirsty as hell or I’m write a diss track about it lol🌺I’m just playing boo… But you better come thru and slay me!

20. June 23, 2016 at 10:34 pm
    Blessedgirl says:

I’m so here for it love the sound opera and hip hop fergie will do just fine can’t wait til whole song come out I hope nickiminaj on that song