Winning! Beyonce’s ‘Formation’ Tour Racked Up Over $250 Million

Final Figures Puts Diva Far Ahead of the Year’s Competition

thatgrapejuice-beyonce-formation-tour-250-million

If you needed any reminder why Beyonce is undoubtedly the Queen recent Billboard receipts should more than suffice.

Indeed, the Grammy-winning diva – who dominated box offices worldwide with her critically acclaimed ‘Formation’ stadium tour – may have wrapped the high octane set last week, but official figures tallied after the trek’s final curtain call are certainly hitting a high note in her favor.

Billboard has the details below:

Beyonce’s Formation stadium tour wrapped Oct. 7 at MetLife Stadium in East Rutherford, N.J., as an unqualified blockbuster, taking in over $256,084,556 and selling 2.2 million tickets, according to Billboard Boxscore. The tour, which began April 27 at Marlins Park in Miami, averaged a whopping $5.2 million in gross and 45,757 paid attendance per show. – via Billboard

Sponsored

1. October 14, 2016 at 8:47 pm
    Surprise..(DEC 2013) says:
    -36

WELL WELL WELL…….WHAT A FLOP. SHE IS OVER, FLOP TOUR OF 2016.

2. October 14, 2016 at 8:54 pm
    HailLegendBeysus says:
    +43

THE ULTIMATE DRAG IS HOW EVERYONE ON TGJ SAID PEOPLE WERE TIRED OF HER DOING THE SAME SHÍT, YET SHE PULLED IN AN AUDIENCE OF 2.2 MILLION!!! That’s litteraly 300K more people than TMCWT which had 132 shows 💀💀💀💀!!!

• October 14, 2016 at 9:00 pm
      Surprise..(DEC 2013) says:
      +33

THE GROWTH IS CRAZY….

• October 14, 2016 at 9:05 pm
        HailLegendBeysus says:

I know!!! It’s crazy! S

• October 14, 2016 at 9:10 pm
      Surprise..(DEC 2013) says:
      +17

If she did one more show, she would have reached over 260 million. I AM LOWKEY ANGREY AT HER…BUT I GET SHE IS JUST TIRED.

• October 14, 2016 at 9:12 pm
        HailLegendBeysus says:
        +16

Sorry my comment above wasn’t finished lol!
        I know it’s crazy! She just might become Tina Turner stat and be performing Stadiums well into her 70s 👏👏👏!!!
        She truly is a master of the stage and there’s still room for so much more growth! Her visuals and productions have gotten better. Her song transitions are insane! I can’t wait for the next tour! I really hope she starts to factor technology into her performances. Just imagine visuals like her six inch, MIA Crazy In Love performance and Partition performance. She would become an unstoppable touring force!!!!

3. October 14, 2016 at 8:56 pm
    cocobutta says:
    +32

Sometimes I go off (I go off), I go hard (I go hard)
    Get what’s mine (take what’s mine), I’m a star (I’m a star)
    Cause I slay (slay), I slay (hey), I slay (okay), I slay (okay)
    All day (okay), I slay (okay), I slay (okay), I slay (okay)
    We gon’ slay (slay), gon’ slay (okay), we slay (okay), I slay (okay)
    I slay (okay), okay (okay), I slay (okay), okay, okay, okay, okay 👌👌👌✊ Loved her formation entrances

4. October 14, 2016 at 8:59 pm
    Rima says:
    -28

She’s a powerful touring artist if only the album and single sales looked the same.

• October 14, 2016 at 8:59 pm
      Surprise..(DEC 2013) says:
      +26

If only PERFECT DELUSION was relevant on the chart…..WELL, WE CAN ALL WISH.

• October 14, 2016 at 9:04 pm
        Rima says:
        -19

Shes above your fav on hot 100 tho

• October 14, 2016 at 9:04 pm
      HailLegendBeysus says:
      +25

I seen Perfect Illusion is expected to drop 14 spots. Placing it 2 spots behind Hold Up (a 7 month old song 💀💀💀)!!!

• October 14, 2016 at 9:07 pm
        Rima says:
        -13

Like Hold up isn’t gonna drop..

• October 14, 2016 at 9:11 pm
        HailLegendBeysus says:
        +13

@RimPuss it’s actually expected to maintain it’s current position. But I guess we’ll have to wait until next week. 🐸☕

• October 15, 2016 at 2:12 am
        Anna says:
        +12

@rïmjob walk away b*tch

• October 14, 2016 at 9:07 pm
      Surprise..(DEC 2013) says:
      +16

AND HOLD UP HAS SOLD OVER 500K IN THE U.S.A ALONE, SOMETHING PERFECT DELUSION WILL ONLY DREAM OF DOING..LOL. U BETTER PRAY THAT ‘FADANNE’ SELLS OVER 450K PURE SALES FIRST WEEK, OR ELSE U WILL BE DRAGGED TO PEICES, U MISERABLE DOGFACED TROLL.

5. October 14, 2016 at 9:02 pm
    BangBang💥 says:
    +26

So much for those empty seats 💺 they were trying to drag her for!! 🤗🤗🤗🤗 my girl always kills it💥💥💥

6. October 14, 2016 at 9:20 pm
    SailorMoon says:
    -17

When will my fave Rihanna? Anyway I thought I’d share this story because I remember this commenter talking about Beyonces Impact or whatever and trying to say Rihanna has none. So I was at the club and 7/11 was playing club was jumping but not really. B**** when Work came on the whole club was on fire like I’m telling you everyone went off! It brought tears to my eyes because you know. I know Beyonce is stronger singer/dancer then Rihanna but i still love Rihanna a million times more.

• October 14, 2016 at 9:24 pm
      surprise..dec.2013 says:
      +25

That is fine…you are LEGALLY allowed to like Rihanna over Beyonce,as long you give credit where its due.

• October 14, 2016 at 9:27 pm
      Britney Stan says:
      -24

Rihannas music is overall better than Beys.

• October 14, 2016 at 9:32 pm
        surprise..dec.2013 says:
        +21

And ROBOTNEY is stuck in Vegas slaving away and lip-synching for dear life with mics without batteries. Slay BRIT😂😂😂😂😂😂

• October 14, 2016 at 9:53 pm
      Rw says:
      +10

Two diff type of songs . Two diff vibes and work is a lot newer.

• October 15, 2016 at 2:21 am
      Anna says:
      +13

Well fRIH seemed to think 7/11 was jumpin. AT least you tried tho HEAUX

• October 15, 2016 at 12:09 pm
        SailorMoon says:

Damn y’all seriously mad that the club went off for Work. That’s sad.

7. October 14, 2016 at 9:25 pm
    Stephy says:
    +13

S***! I’m so pissed that she didn’t do more than 100 shows. Congrats tho.

8. October 14, 2016 at 9:27 pm
    King B says:
    +14

How much are those from the US? Because somebody told me the white will abandon her.

• October 14, 2016 at 10:01 pm
      HailLegendBeysus says:
      +17

Lmao another self drag for the haters! She did 32 in America all sold out and 17 sold out in Europe. Guess her white audience didn’t buy into all that “anti police” bs! The Slavi used that as a receipt so hard and clinged to it so hard! @Cinnaracists was talking about how her “inside” friends knew all the “tea” and that Beyoncé alienated herself with Formation and that her tour would flop LOLOLOL!!!
      Can’t wait for FORBES next year. Haters will be eating their own words once again!

9. October 14, 2016 at 9:28 pm
    Britney Stan says:

Oh.

• October 14, 2016 at 9:34 pm
      surprise..dec.2013 says:
      +12

Question..on a serious note, when was the last time BRIT sang live?? Just curious…

• October 14, 2016 at 9:44 pm
        SailorMoon says:

She for sure sung Everytime live at the Onix? Onyx? Hotel tour that’s the only song she did sing live and it’s claimed she covered Alania Morrisete live while on the Circus world tour. I still get life for Britney robot vocals so I don’t care I love Britney Spears too.

10. October 14, 2016 at 9:56 pm
    Weezy Tha Goat/ Zayn is 👑 says:
    +23

More people attended the Formation tour then people buying Anti.

• October 14, 2016 at 10:00 pm
      Surprise..(DEC 2013) says:
      +16

AIN’T THAT THE DAMN TRUTH….LOL

• October 14, 2016 at 10:56 pm
      SailorMoon says:

F*** you and your ugly ass fave.

11. October 14, 2016 at 10:33 pm
    DC3 FOREVER says:

Anyone have the numbers for Rihanna’s tour?

12. October 14, 2016 at 11:07 pm
    Mark111 says:
    -12

Poor site is on life’s uppermost. 😁 congratulations tho.

13. October 14, 2016 at 11:27 pm
    Thando says:

I see she beat the Sticky & Sweet Tour

• October 14, 2016 at 11:47 pm
      HailLegendBeysus says:
      +11

Yas she did! Madonna is shook!!

14. October 15, 2016 at 1:36 am
    Thando says:

Oh I just checked, she didn’t even go passed Rebel Heart Tour with all those stadiums. What the f***?!?!

• October 15, 2016 at 1:40 am
      HailLegendBeysus says:
      +15

Lmao lying is a sin! Rebel Heart grossed $169.8 million with a tour attendance of just a little over 1m.

• October 15, 2016 at 1:54 am
        Career Ender says:

what do you expect from thesse deadbeat Africans? she prolly typed that with a level 3 hungry stomach

• October 15, 2016 at 1:52 am
      Career Ender says:

beach, yea I said beach!
      Shouldn’t you be busy checking if the stream water is clear after the cattle and goats ran through?
      what you gon drink?

• October 15, 2016 at 1:58 am
        HailLegendBeysus says:

💀💀💀

15. October 15, 2016 at 1:41 am
    Thando says:

MDNA Tour*

16. October 15, 2016 at 1:44 am
    Thando says:

MDNA Tour* (however you spell it)

• October 15, 2016 at 1:57 am
      Career Ender says:

duh. your clan is famously known for not being educated/intelligent anyway
      we will let your subtle shade pass
      yall used to staying in leaves built huts, driving taxis, washing taxis, staying in filthiest hostels in tge whole world and infesting Johannesburg with crime overall
      bye basic!

17. October 15, 2016 at 1:48 am
    HailLegendBeysus says:
    +13

One last thing I wanted to point out about the Slavi, is when they tired saying Bey had her stage take up half the stadium. If that’s the case why did her San Siro date in Italy have a bigger attendance than AntiSold tour lmao!
    Anti Tour, July 13, 2016
    53,494 / 53,494….. $3,041,941
    Formation Tour, July 18, 2016
    54,313 / 54,313 …..$4,744,732
    😂😂😂😂

18. October 15, 2016 at 2:00 am
    Career Ender says:
    +13

so she grossed all this with:
    White audience turned against her
    stage pushed 3/4 into the stadium
    repeating same thing
    lypsincing
    blonde wig
    flop koolaid singles
    mannnnnnnyyyy empty seats
    wow what a flol right NAVI?
    AHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAhhH
    WHOOOOOOO 256 Milli , say it with meeeeeeeee hoooooooooossss!!!!!!

19. October 15, 2016 at 2:07 am
    Career Ender says:

if I was Rima I would go back to the cave I came out from cos things aren’t looking aa bright at camp cutters

20. October 15, 2016 at 2:10 am
    Career Ender says:

but I don’t understand why this petty beach toured only 2 continents and called it a World Tour tsk tsk

21. October 15, 2016 at 2:14 am
    Career Ender says:

I’ve seen there’s a certain gravatarless petty bïtch called Danzou, I need to humble that heffer

• October 15, 2016 at 6:22 am
      JOHNVIDAL says:

Danzou is one of the worst haters in general.

22. October 15, 2016 at 2:17 am
    Career Ender says:

I really wanto see all those petty Britney, ciara, gaga, rihanna, Madonna, mariah, xtina, adele, swift and literally any stan base that has been trying it with da Queen and her Superior Hive
    I got coupla lashings for yall

23. October 15, 2016 at 3:25 am
    FASHION_ICON ~ Anti&Lemonade says:
    +13

Congrats girl…
    Beyoncé like to perform but she’s clearly tired of all this tour stuff…she have a daughter now you know. That’s why she made a stadium tour with less dates to do what she likes and rest too. 2hours of show per night it’s exhausting she was really in a beast mood during the mcwt.
    She did not want to break any records she could have add more dates for that matter…but Beyoncé is really a Queen she’s like “I could have outgrossed Madonna if i want so i let you see that i can but i won’t because I have a daughter and a man to take care of “

24. October 15, 2016 at 5:10 am
    RoyalKev says:
    +17

These slayful Yonce receipts …

The Beyonce Experience … 90 million
    I Am …World Tour … 119.5 million
    The Mrs. Carter Show Tour … 229.7 million
    and now the Formation World Tour … 256 million +

Lawd help those that don’t see what’s happening by now…

• October 15, 2016 at 5:18 am
      RoyalKev says:
      +10

Ryan Tedder: “In super-supremely rare instances, artists themselves become the hit, Beyonce is officially the hit”

Adele: “I think her work as an artist and a singer is enviable, in terms of the length of her career and how she’s grown and grow”.

It couldn’t have been said better! What’s left to debate?!

*taps foot while waiting for the Grammy nods*

25. October 15, 2016 at 6:09 am
    Rowlandstone says:

With all the hype around the formation tour, I thought she was going to break the “sticky and sweet” tour record though.
    #noshade

26. October 15, 2016 at 6:26 am
    JOHNVIDAL says:

Does anyone know which one is the biggest tour ever? I mean the numbers? I suppose women wise Madonna has the first one and Beyonce is second, but who outgrosses them? I mean bands or males?

I don´t give too much credit to numbers which are not adjusted by inflation though. Same way with box office. If it were for propaganda and prices constantly going up one could think Frozen is the most successful animated film ever lol when it is so far from such thing. I mean, Michael tours had to be huge, weren´t they?

27. October 15, 2016 at 6:35 am
    UPGRADEBOY says:

She could easily destroy madonna record if she added dates in those latina countries and australia.yall know it

28. October 15, 2016 at 7:03 am
    BEYSTAN_ SINCE 1997 says:

Congrats Bey, I would have loved to see her go to Asia, South America, and Australia. However she is TIRED! Rest up boo and enjoy life I’m sure her next tour will surpass just about every female in the game! Formation tour was one of my best concert experience Ever!

29. October 15, 2016 at 7:09 am
    The Kpop Guy, Matt~ says:

The navy is in hiding. wahahaha
    well done, this is no surprise

30. October 15, 2016 at 7:25 am
    Jamon says:

These artists are in it to make money. They’re not competing with the next artist for who could sell the most tickets or do the most shows. I know Beyonce’s ticket are very expensive, which does help her numbers, but people are willing to pay so why not. Stop calling everyone else a flop. I know their pockets say otherwise. Everyone has their strengths.
    Mariah, one of the greatest songwriters/selling/vocalist, 18 #1’so (17 written by her).
    Rihanna, sells the most singles, 15 # 1’s
    Madonna, the female biggest touring artist/highest selling female artist.
    Beyonce, touring force and Grammy’s.
    Plus many achievements fromy various artists!
    Y’all throw around the word “flop” too loosely!!

31. October 15, 2016 at 7:31 am
    Thando says:

LOL now she’s tired. Lmao.

32. October 15, 2016 at 11:34 am
    Fatusankohe says:

Omg good for our queen may god continue to bless protect her and her family for life long happy life ever lasting long career more success in all she do haters have nothing on her haters will never win

33. October 15, 2016 at 7:30 pm
    FC/JC says:

Congrats, I went to the Dallas show, I loved it!

34. February 12, 2017 at 10:51 am
    Chicerrtain says:

I have a feeling the numbers are fake. The industry is smoke and mirrors. Sometimes tickets are given out free to improve sales.

35. February 12, 2017 at 11:15 am
    Chicerrtain says:

What I mean is they make sales look better than they are. Her wembley stadium gig saw the place half empty,same with her georgia dome gig. The industry is full of lies. You sell 1 they claim you sold 49.