Did You Miss It? Keke Palmer Unveils Visual EP ‘Lauren’

Sean Garret, Dreezy, & More Feature On Star’s Bold Breakthrough Attempt

keke-hands-lauren-ep-thatgrapejuice

Despite setbacks, Keke Palmer continues her bid for the princess R&B crown.

The ‘Scream Queens’ actress previously released her ‘Waiting to Exhale’ album via Soundcloud, but the debut project failed intrigue the ears of music lovers due to its kids bop skew and undeveloped vocals.

Eager to launch a functioning music career, the 23-year-old has released a 5-track EP named ‘Lauren.’ It’s aim? To open the gates of vulnerability.

Taking its title from the Chicago-native’s first name, ‘Lauren’ aims to introduce the masses to the multi-faceted star’s charismatic personality and her journey of self-discovery.

Taking her cue from various artist who have released projects this year, Palmer accompanies the EP with a 16-minute visual that paints the mood of each track.

Check it out below…

‘Lauren’ is a solid inauguration to Keke’s musically vulnerable persona. But in order for the former child-star to thrive in music, she’ll have to cultivate her vocals and shred the early 00’s sound.

Though a solid step forward, she now needs to take broader and more resonating strides.

Sponsored

1. November 6, 2016 at 6:18 pm
    👠👡👢💄💅👑💍Chile, take this "Itty Bitty Piggy" to the market and make sure you hold her hand while crossing the street!🐝🍋🍹🎈🏮🌺🌸 says:
    +19

Ooh, you better work and serve, ma’am!

2. November 6, 2016 at 6:19 pm
    Angie says:
    +16

as far as her waited to exhale mixtape, it was her unreleased album from when she was 16 signed to interscope. she said that on her website that it was strictly for her fans. but this ep is honestly an amazing effort! i cant wait to see what she does next. yellow light and reverse psychology and many things have been great songs. i hope they send hands free to radio.

• Now Playing: Keke Palmer - Got Me Fucked Up
      November 7, 2016 at 11:38 am
      Mary Mason says:

“The ‘Scream Queens’ actress previously released her ‘Waiting to Exhale’ album via Soundcloud, but the debut project failed intrigue the ears of music lovers due to its kids bop skew and undeveloped vocals.”

Right they definitely tried to play Keke lowkey. I’ve been following her music since she her myspace days when her album So Uncool came out. I loved this ep! My favorite visual is jealous.

3. November 6, 2016 at 6:19 pm
    Lana Del Fan says:
    +18

My life was received in full from “Hands Free”

4. November 6, 2016 at 6:27 pm
    Honey G says:
    +10

For the visual, she did with what she had so I must applause.

For the songs, I like “Doubtful” but guys lemme tell you that I AM LIVING for “Hands Free”. This song is such a bop !! It need to be a single like ASAP ! I’m here for it.

5. November 6, 2016 at 6:32 pm
    eric says:
    -15

I don’t know who Keke is trying to fool, but she is much smarter than this.

6. November 6, 2016 at 6:38 pm
    cocobutta says:
    +12

Used coin well to do her thing.

7. Now Playing: Keke Palmer - Hands Free
    November 6, 2016 at 6:59 pm
    Dominick says:
    +12

HANDS FREE gives me my entire life! I did not expect so much SLAYAGE!!!

8. November 6, 2016 at 7:15 pm
    RihYonce says:

She slayed !!! “Doubtful” “Hands Free” “GMFU” all slay. My favorite song is “Jealous” she was talking smack on that song. I loved all the visuals she’s so underrated. Keke Has so much talent & she’s grown up so much

9. November 6, 2016 at 7:17 pm
    RihYonce says:

Hands free should definitely be the first single. If it doesn’t slay the radio & have mainstream success then this industry is completely trash

10. November 6, 2016 at 7:26 pm
    BOOBIE says:

YASSSSSS AKEELA GET THAT ISH!!!! Hard work pays off!

11. November 6, 2016 at 7:55 pm
    BOOBIE says:

I wonder why “Yellow Lights” wasn’t on the EP tho. That song and video gives me so much life.

12. November 6, 2016 at 8:04 pm
    Ronnie says:

Keke slayed this tbh I don’t even have a favorite track because all 5 give a different taste but Hands Free, GMFU and Doubtful have been in constant rotation. I really hope she continues in this direction, and hopefully she gets some rightfully deserved promotion.

13. November 6, 2016 at 8:11 pm
    Trose says:

Wow hands free though!! Ms Keene slayed that choreography…I skept on her for the longest cause she was an actress but since reverse psychology I have been paying attention…..amazing….all she needsaid is a budget behind her but that girl can dance down and did VERY WELL for a low budget process..honorable mention goes to doubtful lover the sass and the puppet. Kudos keke

14. November 6, 2016 at 8:15 pm
    RihNavy says:

EAT HŒ! She came through.

15. Now Playing: Keke "Slayage" Palmer - "Hands Free"
    November 6, 2016 at 8:48 pm
    #TeamTinashe Stan.... (NIGHTRIDE Available Everywhere Now) says:

I’ve always been here for Keke’s musical career although she reminds me of a Brandy or a Kelly Rowland in terms of having their hands full and not really putting the 100% focus on their music careers as their fans have to wait long to hear about new music.

And yes, I completely agree! It was ok when she was younger but now she needs to really work on her vocals with all that whiny behavior in her vocals.

Otherwise though this EP is good!! And “Hands Free” SLAYED TF OUTTA MY EDGES BADLY!!!!
    Her label better promote that all around starting off with all the radio stations that play R&B/Reggae/Dancehall music. if this song doesn’t happen for her than the music industry than is pretty much clear that you need cosigns to make your music happen and that is lame.

16. November 6, 2016 at 9:49 pm
    RoyalBey says:

Yasss KEKE omg, I loved every bit. When hands free came on, heard those ad libs and she started whining, i threw my phone so fast at the screen!. B**** WENT OFF!!!!!!!

17. November 6, 2016 at 10:00 pm
    Chillitsjustpizza says:

All 5 snatched me bald. Come on Lauren😃😃😃

18. November 6, 2016 at 10:16 pm
    Taylor made says:

Dope this is a definite banger, hands free is fire. I like her homage to Aaliyahs “Hot like fire” video the all red and camo waredrobe. Much respect.

19. November 7, 2016 at 1:52 am
    TurkeyNoodleSavage says:

I totally didn’t expect this . she really came through with this . ” Hands Free ” should most definitely get a push .

” Pressure ” is my favorite tho , the song gives me straight old school vibes . Keke is about to get my coins !!!!

20. November 7, 2016 at 1:56 am
    Merril Owns says:

This write up is trash. This site is so trash lol. Anyways, the songs and videos are fire per usual. Jealous, Hands Free and Pressure are my favs. Hands Free is the obvious hit, should be serviced to radio ASAP.

21. +2

Awesome songs

22. November 7, 2016 at 4:42 am
    NoNoLeakes says:

I liked some of the songs, some nice visuals reminds me of a young Rihanna, lots of potential.

23. November 7, 2016 at 6:23 am
    RoyalKev says:

Wow! There were a lot of different vibes going on here. From Brandy, to Bey, Aaliyah, to Rihanna! Keke’s mixing a little gumbo up and it’s interesting to see her breeze through so many styles and still look natural! I don’t know the title of these songs, but I like the “he’s applying that pressure” cut!

• November 7, 2016 at 6:26 am
      RoyalKev says:

… and the ‘got me F’d up’ song is definitely the first single she need to push!

24. November 7, 2016 at 7:11 am
    DanYiel Iman says:

Yes she really gave it her all & I’m here for it!!

25. November 7, 2016 at 10:38 am