In a recent interview with Spanish magazine, MUST Mag
, Kelly Rowland revealed a few interesting details about her as yet untitled 3rd solo album. Peep some of the main points (credit to lenor1 over at DC3 Forever!):
– Kelly has been working on her new album with Jim Jonsin (Lil Wayne – Lollipop, Beyonce – Radio, Sweet Dreams, Pitbull) she says he has a very good understanding of dance music and understands where she wants to go with her music
– She has also worked with Rico Love (Michelle Williams – Unexpected, Beyoncé)
– She has also worked with Rob Allen (Rihanna – Disturbia) and Claude Kelly
– She definitely wants to tour with the next album and is making sure that is one of her priorities and that her next album will be a success!
– She says she is very happy with her new manager Jeff Rabhan and that he knows the music industry very well!
– She wants to do more movies and recently went to a few castings
– also currently producing a television program and is intending to launch a line of luggage!
– She is currently in the studio working on her next album
– she has NOT signed a new record label yet
Awesome snippets of info there, perhaps the most we’ve heard from Kelly regarding her music in some time now. Things definitely look to continue to be on the up for this talented star.
The fact that she, at the time of publication of the interview, had yet to sign a new deal, has me thinking she may be looking to finish the album and shop it to different labels. I say this as, with the massive success of ‘When Love Takes Over’, her previous solo hits, along with her Destiny’s Child alumni status, Kelly is one of the hottest ‘free agents’ in the industry at present. There’s no doubt labels have been approaching her with deals. I’m assuming she’s taking a different approach and looking to position herself as best as possible – in terms of creative control, label project budget (she’s likely paying for studio time and producers out of her own pocket) etc. The future looks as bright as the dress she’s wearing in the pic above lol. Onwards and upwards!
Tidbit: I’m still holding out for either a Kelly creative collabo with Darkchild (ala ‘Lose My Breath’) and/or her hook up with Danja for a killer uptempo. Still, I’m impressed with the current list of folk she’s been working with. Word has it she’s also clocked up studio time with The Stereotypes – the production team behind Danity Kane’s ‘Damaged’.
Are you checking for Kelly’s next solo album?