The pop force that is ‘Beyonce’ (the album) continues to blaze record books with its continued domination of the Billboard 200. As previously reported, the album was set to top the charts for the third consecutive week with sales in excess of 250,000.
However, as official reports today indicate, not only has the album exceeded that expectation by a considerable margin, it has torched chart records in its wake. If you were worried the reign would let up soon, check below to have your fears eased:
“”Beyoncé” sold another 310,000 copies during the week ending Dec. 29, according to Nielsen SoundScan. The album has now sold 1.3 million in its first 17 days of release in the United States.”
Beyonce notching a third week atop the chart ranking came with a slew of accomplishments:
- The longest run at No. 1 for any album since last April.
- First album to spend three weeks at No. 1 since Justin Timberlake’s “The 20/20 Experience”
- First album by a woman to notch three weeks at No. 1 since Taylor Swift’s “Red” claimed seven weeks at the top (non-consecutively) in late 2012 and early 2013.
- “Beyoncé” is also the first album since 2009 to sell more than 300,000 copies in each of its first three weeks.
- Finally, with 1.3 million sold in three chart weeks, “Beyoncé” is the fastest-selling album by a woman since Swift’s “Red” plowed through 1.6 million in its first two weeks