With over 500 awards to her credit, Beyonce‘s name is scribbled in record books for being the second most awarded female artist in history (runner-up only to the legendary Whitney Houston). But, her stride toward EGOT (Emmy, Grammy, Oscar, Tony) status was dashed yet again over the weekend when her game-changing Netflix concert documentary, ‘Homecoming,’ went home empty-handed despite a whopping six nominations.
This makes the fourth year the 38-year-old’s been snubbed by the Emmy Academy. Details inside:
While the world gears up to honor the year’s best television performances on next Sunday’s ‘Primetime Emmy Awards’ the weekend brought with it the ‘Creative Arts Emmy Awards.’ A two-day event held in Los Angeles’ famed The Microsoft Theatre, the ceremony bestows golden statuettes to the very best technical achievements made in television. Thanks to ‘Homecoming,’ Beyonce earned nominations in the following categories:
- outstanding variety special
- outstanding writing for a variety special
- outstanding directing for a variety special
- outstanding costumes for variety, non-fiction or reality programming
- outstanding production design for a variety special
- outstanding music direction
Sadly, for the Bey-hive (her beloved fan group), the ceremony ended with the ‘Coachella’-filmed Netflix special remaining just that – nominated. The Emmy winners in the Beyonce-nominated categories were:
- Carpool Karaoke: When Corden Met McCartney Live From Liverpool won for Outstanding Variety Special (pre-recorded)
- Hannah Gadsby’s Nanette won for Writing
- Springsteen on Broadway won for Directing
- RuPaul’s Drag Race won for costumes
- Rent: Live won for Production Design
- Fosse/Verdon won for Music Direction
Longtime fans know the shut out from the Emmy Academy isn’t unfamiliar territory for Bey. Garnering past nominations for her highly rated 2013 Super Bowl special, 2016 ‘Lemonade’ musical film (HBO), and more, the Pop diva may boast many-an-award on her mantle but – as of time reported – an Emmy isn’t one.
The #Beyhive isn’t here for her 0-4 record as they took to Twitter in droves to express their disappointment.
Me knowing that Beyoncé’s Creole ancestors about to haunt and curse all of the Emmy voters who voted against Homecoming pic.twitter.com/XZvuBN0Sxr
— 𝓣𝓪𝓻𝓪 𝓐𝓷𝓰𝓮𝓵 🗝☮⚛♓️🐝 (@TaraAngel94) September 15, 2019
— Nova (@Indynova1) September 15, 2019