The Weeknd is the Pop prince to beat.
Find out why the Ethiopian entertainer is the envy of many a chart-hopeful below…
‘After Hours’ is the fourth studio album by the singer and saw him pull listeners into a world created by powered his love for Dream Pop, poignant storytelling and R&B.
Today he has learned that he is faring very well on the Apple-owned application Shazam.
Check its mid-year charts out below….
Top 10 Most-Shazamed songs worldwide in 2020
- “Blinding Lights” The Weeknd (R&B/Soul)
- “Roses” (Imanbek Remix) SAINt JHN (Dance)
- “Dance Monkey” Tones and I (Alternative)
- “The Box” Roddy Ricch (Hip-Hop/Rap)
- “Don’t Start Now” Dua Lipa (Pop)
- “Falling” Trevor Daniel (Pop)
- “Say So” Doja Cat (R&B/Soul)
- “Breaking Me” Topic & A7S (Dance)
- “Ride It” Regard (Dance)
- “Death Bed (Coffee for Your Head)” Powfu (Hip-Hop/Rap)
Top Shazamed Songs by Genre
- R&B/Soul: “Blinding Lights” The Weeknd
- Dance: “Roses” (Imanbek Remix) SAINt JHN
- Alternative: “Dance Monkey” Tones And I
- Hip-Hop/Rap: “The Box” Roddy Ricch
- Pop: “Don’t Start Now” Dua Lipa
- Latin: “Me Gusta” Shakira & Anuel AA
- Country: “Old Town Road” (Remix) – Lil Nas X Feat. Billy Ray Cyrus
- Rock: Foreigner “I Want to Know What Love Is”
- K-Pop: “ON” BTS
‘Blinding Lights’ outperformed each and every song released this year and claimed the top spot on all of the platform’s more notable tallies thanks to numbers it has pulled in since November 29th 2019.
‘Hours’ has sold over 2 million copies worldwide.