While Reginae Carter may be making headlines for posting hopeful messages that her on-again-off-again boyfriend, rapper Rayshawn “YFN Lucci” Bennett, will be “home soon” after his detainment on murder, aggravated assault, firearm, and other charges, Atlanta authorities are suggesting the opposite.
As we previously reported, the hit rapper turned himself in Wednesday (January 13) after learning he was facing a murder charge in connection with a deadly shootout. Later that week, he was denied bond at his first court hearing related to the matter and – as of time reported – remains in police custody.
Now, his lawyer – Drew Findling – is hitting the press rounds in his support.
See what she said inside:
Taking to press, Findling argued:
“His role, specifically in the conduct that gave rise to the aggravated assault, and then subsequently the felony murder, which will include him allowing the occupants of his vehicle, him being the driver of the subject vehicle, to actually get out of the vehicle, fire multiple rounds, and then drive off with those occupants,” she stated. “Based on what the court has before it in the affidavits for all the warrants, there’s more than enough to continue on and to find probable cause of this juncture.”
Elsewhere, the attorney said:
“Our review of the initial evidence made available to us, indicates there is no basis for any criminal charges against Rayshawn Bennett,” she told Billboard on Friday (Jan. 15) in a statement. “We will continue our own investigation on his behalf.”
Bennett’s detainment stems from a December 10 shooting in Atlanta that left one man (28-year-old James Adams) dead of a gunshot wound to the head and another man (32-year-old Kevin Wright) injured with a gunshot wound to the abdomen.
Click here to read more about the case.