In breaking news, Twitter has announced that it has banned Donald Trump‘s account permanently.
Full story below…
The social media platform, which the US president has used in earnest to propagate his polarizing politics, said Trump’s conduct during the Capitol Hill riots this week broke a number of its rules.
After close review of recent Tweets from the @realDonaldTrump account and the context around them — specifically how they are being received and interpreted on and off Twitter — we have permanently suspended the account due to the risk of further incitement of violence.
The full statement continued:
In the context of horrific events this week, we made it clear on Wednesday that additional violations of the Twitter Rules would potentially result in this very course of action. Our public interest framework exists to enable the public to hear from elected officials and world leaders directly. It is built on a principle that the people have a right to hold power to account in the open.
However, we made it clear going back years that these accounts are not above our rules entirely and cannot use Twitter to incite violence, among other things. We will continue to be transparent around our policies and their enforcement.
The below is a comprehensive analysis of our policy enforcement approach in this case.
On January 8, 2021, President Donald J. Trump tweeted:
“The 75,000,000 great American Patriots who voted for me, AMERICA FIRST, and MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN, will have a GIANT VOICE long into the future. They will not be disrespected or treated unfairly in any way, shape or form!!!”
Shortly thereafter, the President tweeted:
“To all of those who have asked, I will not be going to the Inauguration on January 20th.”
Due to the ongoing tensions in the United States, and an uptick in the global conversation in regards to the people who violently stormed the Capitol on January 6, 2021, these two Tweets must be read in the context of broader events in the country and the ways in which the President’s statements can be mobilized by different audiences, including to incite violence, as well as in the context of the pattern of behavior from this account in recent weeks. After assessing the language in these Tweets against our Glorification of Violence policy, we have determined that these Tweets are in violation of the Glorification of Violence Policy and the user @realDonaldTrump should be immediately permanently suspended from the service.
We assessed the two Tweets referenced above under our Glorification of Violence policy, which aims to prevent the glorification of violence that could inspire others to replicate violent acts and determined that they were highly likely to encourage and inspire people to replicate the criminal acts that took place at the U.S. Capitol on January 6, 2021.
This determination is based on a number of factors, including:
- President Trump’s statement that he will not be attending the Inauguration is being received by a number of his supporters as further confirmation that the election was not legitimate and is seen as him disavowing his previous claim made via two Tweets (1, 2) by his Deputy Chief of Staff, Dan Scavino, that there would be an “orderly transition” on January 20th.
- The second Tweet may also serve as encouragement to those potentially considering violent acts that the Inauguration would be a “safe” target, as he will not be attending.
- The use of the words “American Patriots” to describe some of his supporters is also being interpreted as support for those committing violent acts at the US Capitol.
- The mention of his supporters having a “GIANT VOICE long into the future” and that “They will not be disrespected or treated unfairly in any way, shape or form!!!” is being interpreted as further indication that President Trump does not plan to facilitate an “orderly transition” and instead that he plans to continue to support, empower, and shield those who believe he won the election.
- Plans for future armed protests have already begun proliferating on and off-Twitter, including a proposed secondary attack on the US Capitol and state capitol buildings on January 17, 2021.
As such, our determination is that the two Tweets above are likely to inspire others to replicate the violent acts that took place on January 6, 2021, and that there are multiple indicators that they are being received and understood as encouragement to do so.
B*******!! After EVERYTHING that man has said and done on those platforms to the American people, they decide to banned him 2 weeks prior to the end of his presidency? WTF type of b******* is this! They all can go to hell with this all of sudden fake woke perspective
Y’all do this when he out the door in like a week, but for the last 4 years…..
What a way to begin 2021 – cancelled on every public level possible; presidency, and now every social media account he had. At this rate, it’ll be Ivana or whatever her name is, next.
That’s what that fat m o t h e r f u c k e r gets!
Yes it should have been done in 2016! I have been screaming this for many years now.
Twitter used Trump to amp up their user interactions and dumped his ass when they didn’t need him! I joined in 2009 and had stopped by 2016. I only came back because of what was happening in the country.
Glad they got rid of his dumb ass. Good riddance ol stank ass b****
And I been blocked his ass 5 years ago. Just so sad people are so easily programmed by the internet! They literally hacked all of those people’s brains with constant propaganda.
Anywho rant over lol
His biopic gonna be a huge mess
God is good! 🙌🏻🙌🏻🙌🏻🙌🏻🙌🏻🙌🏻🙌🏻
Evil b I t c h 😈 take you to hell
I’m blessed and highly favored, lil boy. Your voodoo won’t work on me. Now run along. 💋💋🖕🏻🖕🏻🖕🏻🖕🏻
God doesn’t like dirty messy bottoms like you Fancy CLOWN.
Fancy CLARK Danzou is one of those hillbilly junkbunk rioters that they are searching for on the news chile 🤣 No flavor Trumptard criminals lmaooooo 💯
A 74 year old GROWN ASS MAN got PERMANENTLY BANNED today on a social media platform for his CHILDISH and STANK behavior lmaoooooooo 🤣😂
Better late than never. The great thing is this will still be in effect after he’s gone, and that’s worth something.
Trump followers will just repost Trump don’t need Twitter