The ‘Fresh Prince of Bel-Air’ reboot has revealed the names of the actors who’ll be stepping into some of TV’s most iconic roles.
Full story below…
The revival – which will be housed on the Peacock streaming service – has been christened ‘BEL-AIR’ and sees the ‘Fresh Prince’ reimagined as a drama based around Morgan Cooper‘s digital short that went viral two years ago.
As reported, Jabari Banks has been cast in the lead role of Will Smith.
Now, the full list of regulars has been unveiled:
- Newcomer Jabari Banks as “Will”
- Adrian Holmes as “Phillip Banks” (At That Age, V Wars)
- Cassandra Freeman as “Vivian Banks” (The Enemy Within, Atlanta)
- Olly Sholotan as “Carlton Banks” (Run Hide Fight, Evolution of Nate Gibson)
- Coco Jones as “Hilary Banks” (Let it Shine, Vampires vs. The Bronx)
- Akira Akbar as “Ashley Banks” (We Can Be Heroes, Captain Marvel)
- Jimmy Akingbola as “Geoffrey” (Most Dangerous Game, In The Long Run)
- Jordan L. Jones as “Jazz” (Rel, Snowfall)
- Simone Joy Jones as “Lisa” (The Chair, What If)
Morgan has been on-boarded as director, while Smith, Quincy Jones, and Benny Medina (all of who were instrumental in the original) are co-producers.
Peacock trumpeted its commitment to the show by ordering two seasons before it’s even aired.