Ice Cube & Mike Epps Confirm ‘Last Friday’ Is OFFICIALLY in Development, Chris Tucker in Talks to Return

Published: Monday 18th May 2026 by Khethang Nteso
Ice Cube and Mike Epps Confirm 'Last Friday' Is Officially in Development

Ice Cube and Mike Epps have announced that the next film in the ‘Friday’ franchise is officially moving forward.

Full story below…

The duo shared the news during a recent interview with Entertainment Tonight. Epps confirmed the project is “going down” and that filming is scheduled to begin later this year.

When asked whether Chris Tucker would reprise his role as Smokey, Epps said: “We’re talking to him and he wants to come back.” Cube added: “I think he’s going to do it.”

While plot details remain scarce, the interview segment revealed that the film will deal with the gentrification of a neighbourhood.

Rumours about ‘Last Friday’ have circulated for years. In 2024, Cube revealed that New Line Cinema had rejected a previous script featuring a storyline involving Craig and Day running a dispensary, being sent to jail, and eventually ending up in rehab where they would encounter Smokey.

Earlier this year, Epps claimed on ‘The Breakfast Club’ that a deal had been finalized. “Cube called me the other day,” he said. “We just finished the deal.”

The Friday franchise began with the original film in 1995, followed by Next Friday (2000) and Friday After Next (2002). ‘Last Friday’ would mark the fourth and final installment.

Your thoughts?

Posted under:

Please Post Your Comments & Reviews

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Recommended Posts
.. **