Welcome to the new ThatGrapeJuice.net

Jamie Foxx Covers Mens Health

jamie+foxx+mens+fitness Jamie Foxx Covers Mens Health Peep Jamie Foxx on the cover of the latest issue of Mens Health magazine. It seems Foxx must have something out soon, as he’s doing the promo rounds – also recently speaking to Maxim about his altering his body for roles:
Oscar winner Jamie Foxx bit into the role of a schizophrenic musician for his latest movie The Soloist – by chiseling his perfect teeth. Foxx was determined to create a realistic portrayal of Nathaniel Ayers, a homeless American musician who suffered from schizophrenia, so he took the tool to his mouth to mess up his good looks.

The actor explains to Maxim magazine, “I spent hours getting the nuances of the person, making him real. Something angelic happens and you actually become that person. For Nathaniel, I pushed things a bit. I lost about 20 pounds and I put a gap in my teeth. I had one (of my teeth) chipped out with a chisel. My teeth are just so big and white – a homeless person would never have them. I wanted to break up my big, shining piano keys to five them a little character. Some might think I f—ed up my grill for nothing, but I just wanted to come up with some s— to make the part unique.”

More power to him.

Randomness: It’s pretty inspiring to see what actors like Jamie as well as Will Smith have come from in comparison to where they are now. I mean Will is the highest earning actor in Hollywood – fact. Good times.

• November 18, 2008 at 4:56 pm
    Anonymous says:

As someone who teaches theatre…that was dumb of him to chip his teeth. Hollywood had plenty of things (even basic makeup) that could make it look like his grill was jacked.

That wasn’t inspirational…that was dumb.

• November 18, 2008 at 5:39 pm
    Anonymous says:

It’s Men’s FITNESS, not Health.

• November 19, 2008 at 12:51 pm
    Anonymous says:

i agree…mutilating your body is not what actors are taught.

• November 19, 2008 at 5:04 pm
    Rashid says:

this is the kind of thing they made fun of in tropic thunder, robert downey jr.’s character that got a skin pigmentation to be black? anyway, christian bale in the machinist did some crazy weight loss and what not, but chippin’ ur tooth out is retarded, like someone else said before: they got special effects for that kinda s*** mr. foxx

• November 22, 2008 at 3:31 pm
    daz says:

wow sexy jamie still looking good

• December 7, 2008 at 7:34 pm