The Word On…Rihanna

video platform video management video solutions video player

As one of music’s biggest forces, naturally Rihanna finds herself the topic of intense debate. Is she actually talented? Can she even sing? Why is she so successful? These are questions which find themselves a staple on message boards, phone convo’s, BBM, and even right here on your favourite site and mine!

Ever keen to hear what the masses are thinking, That Grape Juice hit the streets of Louisville (on the eve of the release of the singer’s new single ‘We Found Love’) to find out just what the streets are saying about the Bajan sensation.

Hit ‘PLAY’ to get ‘The Word’ on Rihanna…

• September 21, 2011 at 3:15 pm
    Wow says:

Both them b****** in the blue are f***** off in the brain, like you don’t have to like beyonce but respect her damn talent, how does she not think beonce can sing tho? Signs of a true hater deluision

• September 21, 2011 at 3:16 pm
    GURLLLLL says:

she should date Jason Derulo and get Chris mad LOL

• September 21, 2011 at 3:16 pm
    KIM says:

hahaha ciara is a great singer lmao.
    hahaha Rihanna is a great entertainer.
    hahaha rihanna is much better than beyonce lol how?
    oh lawd these people just say the weirdest things.

DEVO Replied:

LOL !! I KNOW RIGHT..I HAD TO REPLAY IT TO MAKE SURE I HEARD IT CORRECTLY!!

• September 21, 2011 at 3:18 pm
    Rellz says:

did sumone say ciara was a great singer?

• September 21, 2011 at 3:25 pm
    REALLY!! says:

Beyonce can’t sing…REALLY!! I like Rihanna music but be REAL ppl

• September 21, 2011 at 3:28 pm
    BLACK says:

and the b**** said ciara was a great singer but beyonce and rihanna wasnt….#Bye

Me Damnit!! Replied:

ALL OF THIS!!

• September 21, 2011 at 3:30 pm
    Carlos says:

Ciara great singer? I loooove Ciara but come on people… let’s be honest.

• September 21, 2011 at 3:33 pm
    KIM says:

I am not even great fans of either artist mentioned in this post but to me and many others will agree. it’s so obvious that if your review each others career, talent and abilities. Beyonce is not even supposed to be compared to rihanna, this is way off. don’t get me wrong i like some of rihanna’s music from the studio but people have to be more real!! Beyonce is highly honored and respected from the music industry.

• September 21, 2011 at 3:40 pm
    RocketBlair says:

BLUE B***….yall need some MTV VMA 2003-2011 Beyonce´s performances… our any other live performance of r….Why utube exist?! I THINK yall interview the wrong ppl…this B**** dnt have constructive feedback…ridiculous….now ciara?WTF?? sing where????rihanna im not gonna say anything…. im just not
    ….plz…i just can DEAL WITH IGNORANCE….4 real

DEVO Replied:

HAHAHAHAHA !!…..THIS WAS FUNNY TO READ !!…I AGREE HA HA !

• September 21, 2011 at 3:43 pm
    Beystanbish says:

Gurlllllllll

• September 21, 2011 at 3:45 pm
    tae says:

Yes for the three black queens in da music industry ciara bey and rih love em or hate em but nobody can deny when talking about black females those three are the first ones to come out of people mouths!! That let’s me know ci can make a comeback also and join the other ladies with chart success again.congested to all of them there is enough room in the game for them

• September 21, 2011 at 3:47 pm
    tae says:

FYI search YouTube for ciara malibu rum tour and in fact you will see she can sing so yall can stay reaching with that one

• September 21, 2011 at 3:49 pm
    sara says:

WAIT!!!!
    Someone didnt just say Ciara is a great singer but Beyonce & Rihanna cant sing
    Chile, u need the Holy Ghost

DEVO Replied:

LOL !! RIIIIIIGGGHHHT !!

• September 21, 2011 at 3:55 pm
    DEVO says:

OK..IM NOT THE ONE TO COMMENT ON BLOGS, BUT I HAVE TO SAY SOMETHING ABOUT THIS VLOG..(I LOVE TGJ BY THE WAY )…
    FIRST~I LOVE RHI-RHI, DONT GET ME WRONG, BUT AINT NO WAY IN NOBODY’S WORLD CAN RHI SING BETTER THAN BEYONCE..
    SHE MIGHT CAN HANG WITH CI-CI, BUT CIARA WOULD DANCE RHIAHANNA INTO A CORNER….
    LOL..IM SORRY BUT BEYONCE SHOULD HAVE NOT BEEN PUT INTO THE MIST OF THESE CHICS…
    I THINK RHI~RHI IS DIFFRENT, THATS WHY SHE IS ONE OF THE TOP FEMALES OUT RIGHT NOW..SHE ISNT SCARED TO GO DARK..SHE ISNT SCARED TO DO HER OWN THAANG..LOL, THATS WHAT I LOVE ABOUT HER.I HAVE ALL OF HER ALBUMS.(MY FACE IS RATED R )..BUT !!..MISS THAAANG CAN GET A VOCAL COUCH DANG…
    DO YOUR THING MS. FENTLY..I AINT MAD ATCHA

• September 21, 2011 at 4:09 pm
    wisdom says:

LOl why only interview Americans???? I love Rihanna I think she is great… I love everything about her

• September 21, 2011 at 4:12 pm
    Mo says:

I spit our my water when that girl said Ciara is the best singer and Beyoncé can’t sing. I’m done… Goodbye to the world. LOL. What is going on?

• September 21, 2011 at 4:17 pm
    Paul Rivas says:

Did everyone wore a blue shirt for this video? o.O

• September 21, 2011 at 4:24 pm
    bey'knight says:

im actually glad she mentioned Ci , now we know not to take her serious lmao and to the one asking us to go search for a utube video of Ciara singing, bull! why cant she showcase it on her albums?

DEVO Replied:

lol !!…say that again !!

Dave Replied:

She showcases it on all her album, she just doesn’t have a super strong voice. Ciara is a harmonic singer, if you really listen she can really lay down some good harmonies & melodies. Apparently you’re not really listening to her albums. I dont’ agree that Ciara is a better singer than Beyonce, but I think the girl was a bit delusional & meant Ciara is better than Rihanna, & a bit as far as singing.

• September 21, 2011 at 4:28 pm
    Robier says:

Ignorant….. This is why talent shows are f***** up too.

• September 21, 2011 at 4:40 pm
    The-Truth says:

Those comments were Soooo null and Void. Most people don’t know anything about the industry or how to rate someone’s talent. This video was insulting to music lovers. That vid was a Fail I demand a #RihDo for the queen

• September 21, 2011 at 4:41 pm
    The-Truth says:

I am also sick of people saying someone can’t sing just because they don’t sound a Jennifer Hudson Hollerin mess. Everybody doesn’t appreciate a Gospel voice

• September 21, 2011 at 4:43 pm
    james says:

Bey knight she does yall just think cause she don’t belt she can’t singshe has soft sweet vocals that I actually prefer over beys n rihs and anybody can sing on a cd dumbass but how many can do it live while dancing besides bey n ciara? If you want vocals on a cd check out I run it h**

• September 21, 2011 at 4:46 pm
    james says:

@ the truth thank you don’t nobody want to hear goes who sound like jhud n fanny all the damn time….

• September 21, 2011 at 5:00 pm
    @TEAMFOXYDONDIVA says:

f*** RIHANNA AKA RIHTARDDDDDDDDDDDD HARDDDDD

• September 21, 2011 at 5:01 pm
    james says:

And I don’t agree with what she said bey is the better vocalist of the three i just prefer cici vocals

• September 21, 2011 at 5:08 pm
    Jess says:

That video was a MESS! Ciara a good singer? GIRL! WHAT CIARA YOU LISTENING TOO? Eevn Rihanna is a WAY better singer than Ciara WAY! Beyonce is the best out of the 3! To even mention Ciara in there with Bey and Riri is just…

• September 21, 2011 at 5:31 pm
    Royalkev says:

Wow, this woman in blue actually think Bey can’t sing. Hmmmm, that’s quite interesting. I don’t know what to say about her ear, but to each their own. I like Cici, but I guess I’m not hearing the power in her vocals that this lady does.

I love the other woman’s reasons for liking Rihanna though 1)”She has real pretty hair”, 2) “She’s like, laid back – She’s cool”, 3)”and She ain’t stuck up, like the rest of these singers out here”, 4) “and she can express her own style – and I just love her”… This is a woman that clearly loves talent. Enough said!

• September 21, 2011 at 6:30 pm
    BranCrayCray says:

I guess to each is own. I didn’t expect the one girl to say Beyonce wasn’t a good singer and Ciara was. Ciara IS a great singer though. I actually think she makes the best music out of Beyonce and Rihanna, you just have to look into it and clearly she has a pretty tone and voice.

• September 21, 2011 at 6:47 pm
    deidah says:

where the f*** do find these dumb people? lmao

• September 21, 2011 at 7:13 pm
    Speechless says:

Ciara IS a better singer than rihanna! You dont see her soundin off pitch and fallin on her ass when she performs at EVERY concert lmao!!!!

lele Replied:

The reason for that is dummy, she not singing it is her record. She can’t sing and dance at the same time. lmao

Dave Replied:

fail. Check her singing singing acapella of her own songs which she sings. & she has sung & dance at the same time, but she’s not always great doing it at the same time.

• September 21, 2011 at 7:23 pm
    JER says:

yes, let’s ask 5 ghettos b****** on the street corner about ANYTHING.

4lop

• September 21, 2011 at 7:47 pm
    nick says:

What in the world are you guys doing in Louisville?!?! It’s my hometown and I’m here to visit for the week! http://nickssongoftheday.blogspot is my music industry blog- I have new opinion pieces on Nicole Scherzinger and Usher!

• September 21, 2011 at 7:48 pm
    Amer says:

agree with this,she change a lot but in worst way

• September 21, 2011 at 7:59 pm
    IT'S ALL GOOD!!! says:

WHAT???? CIARA CANT SING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• September 21, 2011 at 8:05 pm
    COMMANDEROFTHEDANCEFLOOR says:

when that girl said ciara sings better than beyonce and rihanna her comment became void. i am a riri stan and i know beyonce can perform better and her vocal range is better than many artist out there. but those two girls talking about how rihanna’s videos and music is dark obviously stoped paying attention to rihanna after rated r because they missed the whole loud era.

• September 21, 2011 at 8:08 pm
    mobwife says:

What kind of f*ckery is this? *Amy winehouse voice*

Ri Ri has little to no talent! She can hold a tune I guess but she has no stage presence and did someone actually say she can move? FTW 0__o

I agree with the ones who said she’s changed for the worse! She use to be cute and bubbly and bright. Now she’s just “assy” and trashy!!

I will say this was quite entertaining!

• September 21, 2011 at 9:59 pm
    fAB IT says:

this post is a #fail!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! “beyonce isn t a good singer” b**** put your f****** life together another thing why in the hell in every single rihanna topic beyonce has to be mentioned ? why she isn t compared to alicia keys ? some people are so dumb

cindy Replied:

she is the threat. She is what every artist what to be like and maybe better. she is overachieved. she is the main target

• September 21, 2011 at 10:35 pm
    deon says:

There is no comparison of the three. What beyonce does with her voice they cannot even attempt. I guess some people need some dvd’s and performances. someone said rihanna is a great entertainer. DEAD.
    a RIHANNA stan knows better. A Ciara stan knows better. They all know that they cannot do half of what Beyonce can do on a stage and off. Just a pure natural. Why even compare, that’s disrespectful…..really people.
    tgj please delete that video.
    btw where is ciara, I didn’t even remember her.

Thank god the music industry knows better, and beyonce has surpassed all that

• September 21, 2011 at 10:41 pm
    Justin says:

Patrick, you should’ve shut that camera off when that girl said Ciara is a better singer than Beyonce’!!!! I’m from Kentucky too, and I don’t know what half these people were talkin bout! BEYONCE GOES HARD! ALWAYS! These other chicks need to SIT DOWN!

• September 22, 2011 at 2:42 am
    Ci'Yonce says:

Beyonce, Ciara, and Rihanna are all in their OWN lanes. Comparing them are irrelevant. Even I don’t like Rihanna that much but giving credit where it’s due I think she’s here to evolve and change. NEWFLASH to some Bey stans. GET OVER IT. Not everyone is going to like Bey. Beyonce has accomplished in her career so getting your feelings riled up because people think otherwise of her singing is not going to hurt Bey because she knows people are not going to get into her music. Some of you fans take things too personally. Opinions are assholes. As a Ci and Bey stan I know that those two have made an impact in the music industry. Rihanna has herself but that doesn’t neccessarily in my eyes convince me that she’s talented. I think her next record my surprise us. Never been a fan but I think she’s trying to cut down the genric bubble fast food she’s been putting out in a while and do some deep artistry on the next album. Oh yeah for the ppl bitching over the fact that some people think Ciara can sing. That chick had her opinion and you get all RILED UP. LMAO. Like what is it that you think someone who is not a powerhouse can’t sing? She’s no powerhouse vocalist bit she shas evolved and shown depth in her voice. She sings better than some of half these chicks who over-belt and scream and holla every verse.

• September 22, 2011 at 3:57 am
    lele says:

CIARA CAN SING? LMAO!! LIKE IT OR NOT RHI RHI HAS CONSTANTLY BEEN ON TOP OF HER GAME AND STILL CLIMBING. SO OBVIOUSLY SHE IS DOING SOMETHING RIGHT. I HAVE NOT AS OF YET SEEN HER JUST SELL 37K ALBUMS.

• September 22, 2011 at 6:31 am
    twezzy89 says:

@lele LMAO!!!! NEWS FU**ING FLASH CIARA IS HAVING LABEL ISSUES & IS CURRENTLY GETTING HER ISH BACK ON TRACK! CIARA CAN SING, THE REASON WHY PPL SAY SHE CANT SING, IS SIMPLY BCUZ SHE NOT SITTING PRETTY ON THE CHARTS, BUT WAIT TIL SHE GETS HER MANAGEMENT & LABEL RIGHT, ITLL BE A WHOLE DIFFERENT STORY!

• September 22, 2011 at 7:37 am
    nice_gurl says:

I like some of Rihanna’s songs, like CKB and Cheers, but I hardly ever watch her performances because they are not very entertaining

How can someone say Beyonce isn’t a good singer? Her vocal range is insane. I think some people think Bey only does songs like Crazy In Love and Single Ladies. The songs that truly bring out her vocals are songs like Speechless, Dangerously In Love, I Was Here, I Care, I Miss You, Smash Into You, That’s Why You’re Beautiful. I could list so many.

• September 22, 2011 at 3:44 pm
    KAPO says:

Can we f****** have a video of something else than Rihanna or Beyonce ?? I DON’T CARE ABOUT THAT s*** ! Only gay people and girls like these girls.

• September 22, 2011 at 8:54 pm
    peach361 says:

listen b****** if the girl feel Ciara can sang and Beyonce can’t its her opinion why the hell your pressed. I know a lot of people feel Beyonce can’t sang and like Ciara singing better. I like Rhianna but i credit her team for her being successful. Love all 3 ladies.

• September 23, 2011 at 6:28 am
    V says:

When that girl said the only person who can really sing is Ciara and Beyonce can’t…… lorddd i was ready to click out of this damn screen! Ughhh I feel like sometimes the people that get interviewed for “The Word’ know absolutely nothing about music and the industry. There have been better people interviewed in past editions… Like those girls that said Rihanna is too dark, like I’m not a big ol fan but I;m gonna defend her and say she was dark that ONE album, Rated R, and switches up her style frequently. This past album was actually really bright and cherry…..

• September 24, 2011 at 12:25 am
    tk 28 says:

i don’t like rihanna candy apple songs and the music is really wack,it’s not r and b or pop i don’t know what in the hell it is. but it sounds like white girl s***.